Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diemel Cattle Company raises or feeds cows in nearly every state from New York to Texas. The Diemels raise and feed a lot of cows in Missouri.

Relatives and employees of the brothers have gathered with the media on the perimeter of the search site. They’ve driven down from the Green Bay, Wis., area with all-terrain vehicles to help in the search if needed.

The brothers wallets and cell phones were not found in their vehicle when it was recovered in Holt, Mo., earlier this week.

Relatives and employees of the Diemels declined to discuss why the brothers may have been at the search site (connected to a man named Joey Nelson), saying that they don’t want to jeopardize the investigation.

Search continues in Clinton County for missing cattle company owners from Wisconsin
Nick, Justin and their family seem like such good people:

Shared on the Please help bring Nick and Justin Home Facebook page:
5 hrs ago:
“We are so thankful for the outpouring of love and support that has been shown to our family at this difficult time. There have been many requests for what can we do to help? People wanting to make donations, etc.

To those wanting to help please keep in mind the individuals that are working to bring Nick and Justin home. They need water, individually wrapped snacks that can hold up to the weather.

Also law-enforcement agencies have budgets that they have to work within so any donation we would direct to contact Clinton County Missouri.”
Lisa Diemel

This is such a sad case. My heart is broken for them.

The statement I snipped below makes it seem as though the Diemel brothers didn't go to the site being searched on a routine business trip.

Search continues in Clinton County for missing cattle company owners from Wisconsin

Relatives and employees of the Diemels declined to discuss why the brothers may have been at the search site, saying that they don’t want to jeopardize the investigation.

This was my thought too. I think I mentioned it a few pages back. Seemed off to me that it was the only place that they were going on the trip that they had business with previously.

If the two brothers did not drive the truck to the parking area themselves then at least two people had to be involved in their disappearance as whoever drove the truck there had to be picked up and taken back to wherever they were from.

If the two brothers did not drive the truck to the parking area themselves then at least two people had to be involved in their disappearance as whoever drove the truck there had to be picked up and taken back to wherever they were from.

I have a feeling they were held at gunpoint at the park-n-ride in Holt. That would explain the truck being left with the engine running and lights on too.
jmo

I made the mistake of looking at the older brother’s Facebook page. All I can say is that if you have kids, I would strongly discourage you from visiting any of the family’s Facebook pages. It is SO heartbreaking. You can tell that the older brother has such an amazing and close relationship with his little kids and that he’s a terrific dad. So many pictures of him playing with the little ones on the floor and around the house, with smiles on their faces from ear to ear. And the pleads from the wife for him to make it back home and talking about how much the little kids miss him... it’s just really hard to see and read, especially knowing the odds are definitely not in favor of him returning.

Being a parent myself, it’s always these cases where there are little ones involved who don’t understand why mommy or daddy haven’t come home that are, for me, hardest to take.

I’d love to think by some miracle they were abducted and are being held hostage, or perhaps they got trapped in some sort of natural enclosure and just need rescue, but the realistic side of me knows those are both Hail Mary scenarios at best.

I made the mistake of looking at the older brother’s Facebook page. All I can say is that if you have kids, I would strongly discourage you from visiting any of the family’s Facebook pages. It is SO heartbreaking. You can tell that the older brother has such an amazing and close relationship with his little kids and that he’s a terrific dad. So many pictures of him playing with the little ones on the floor and around the house, with smiles on their faces from ear to ear. And the pleads from the wife for him to make it back home and talking about how much the little kids miss him... it’s just really hard to see and read, especially knowing the odds are definitely not in favor of him returning.

Being a parent myself, it’s always these cases where there are little ones involved who don’t understand why mommy or daddy haven’t come home that are, for me, hardest to take.

I’d love to think by some miracle they were abducted and are being held hostage, or perhaps they got trapped in some sort of natural enclosure and just need rescue, but the realistic side of me knows those are both Hail Mary scenarios at best.

:(

Anyone able to find the 5:30 update? Or did it come out a bit early, that short little 4 minute snippet around 4:45?

If it was this 4:45 snippet, they said they served search warrants in 2 counties, the guys were doing business at the farm in question, and they’re checking multiple locations (on the farm) like out-buildings, ponds, etc.

Another update is scheduled for Friday at 4:30.

Last edited:
Relatives and employees of the brothers have gathered with the media on the perimeter of the search site. They’ve driven down from the Green Bay, Wis., area with all-terrain vehicles to help in the search if needed.

The wife and girlfriend of the missing men told reporters in Wisconsin that the brothers wallets and cell phones were not found in their vehicle when it was recovered in Holt, Mo., earlier this week.

The property where the search is taking place is connected to a man named Joey Nelson. Nelson has a conviction for selling cattle that did not belong to him and spent two years in a federal penitentiary.

Relatives and employees of the Diemels declined to discuss why the brothers may have been at the search site, saying that they don’t want to jeopardize the investigation

From the press briefing (not all word for word):

1. The rental truck was processed when first found;

2. Searched warrants have been served;

3. Searches are still being conducted in both Clinton and Caldwell counties;

4. Investigators are currently searching the area which is behind us at this time. They are checking for buildings, ponds, and waste piles. We are just looking everywhere we can to try and see if we can find the brothers ... :(;

5. We will have another press release [I believe he meant “briefing”] here at 4:30 PM Friday.

Q & A:
1. There are multiple searches being conducted.

2. Q. What specifically are you looking for? What lead you to this particular property?
A. We are just trying to find anything that might be related to them being here.
Q. Have you found anything so far?
A. No.

3. Q. How many different areas have you been searching?
A. Can’t say exactly. There have been so many searches over the last few days.

4. Q. Do you know if they were doing business at this particular property?
A. This was one of them the family lead the Caldwell county deputies to because they were supposed to be doing business here amongst the other properties across the state.

5. Q. Can you talk about some of the resources you have here on the ground? Are you getting any more in?
A. Like the press release said, we have a major crime squad formed. We are a small county, and due to the limited resources we have, we are getting help from other departments. We do have the adequate amount of help.

6. Q. What do you want the public to know?
A. That we are taking this seriously. We are trying to find the brothers. We are in constant communication with the family. They know what’s going on. They are in the loop. We hope to get a good resolution to this. We really do. But we are making sure we do a thorough job.

7. Q. Is there any indication something [inaudible] happened to the brothers?
A. Not at this point.

8. Q. Have you found any of their belongings, their phones, outside of their rental vehicle?
A. Not at this time.

9. Q. Is it believed they are the ones who drove the truck to Holt?
A. Um, that, at this time, the investigators are still working on that.

10. Q. Is there hope that they could still be found alive?
A. We are holding out, we are holding out, you know, but we don’t know, we don’t know.

11. Q. Do you know if anything was found inside the truck?
A. I can’t tell you that because the investigators are working on that.

I had no idea that people still did cattle rustling, until I started working in LE. The rustling was going on in Wisconsin at that time. Someone was actually stealing cows and putting them in a tiny car, may have been a Pacer, or something like that... strange case. But, sounds like it is something that will continue to happen just like shoplifting. Praying for these two guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo