Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other MP cases that are similar and fit the timeline of this guy being out of jail? I hate to say it but I wonder if this is a SK situation.

His farm is so close to a major highway (I-35), that there are possibilities for lots of things, especially if he has people helping him. There are a lot of unsolved MP cases in our area (for a variety of reasons). I’m not sure about other cattle ranchers though.

This whole thing has major creepy vibes to it. Unfortunately, I think the details will be disturbing. I have to keep reminding myself that the majority of people in the world are good, that this kind of thing is actually rare.

Any previous killings?
Are there any other MP cases that are similar and fit the timeline of this guy being out of jail? I hate to say it but I wonder if this is a SK situation.

A possibility. Could be. But----------------------------
in thinking about SKs, the most common ones coming to mind are men killing females* less frequently males* and most frequently w both sexes, involving sex and physical control. Occasionally women SKs. If he is a SK, he's not typical.

AFAIK, if the D brothers are dead at the hand of Nelson (yes, many of us say pretty certain) this would be his first known killing. He has been previously charged w $-based crimes - receiving stolen property and passing bad checks; he was convicted of some bigger $$$ crimes w loans & w theft of property (selling other ppl's cattle as his own & keeping all the money, instead of remitting to owners, as agreed) and served time in fed pen ~ 1 yr. If he has killed the D brothers, appears circumstances giving rise to it were $$$ related, likely imo selling their cattle and keeping all proceeds.

Others here following Nelson's soc media, such as FB, SnapChat, etc, may have far more insight into him than I do. Or may have other sources of info on him. Maybe he is known in the area for violence against ppl. Anyone searched for that by county arrest records?

My initial thought about Nelson having killed before and being a SK is No, imo, jmo, moo.

I really believe the people responsible for early releasing prisoners should be held accountable if the prisoner goes on to commit another crime.

I agree. A person that sits on a parole board or something similar, should be required to house the felon for the first 90 days of release. I bet the early release nonsense would come to a screeching halt.

I found the answer to my own question. The truck was not found due to the bolo, it was found and then reported and then associated with the case m o o

"On July 22, 2019 the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by the Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office regarding an abandoned vehicle located at a commuter lot in Holt, MO. This vehicle was determined to be the one driven by two missing brothers from Wisconsin, Nicholas Diemel & Justin Diemel, who reportedly traveled to Missouri for business in Caldwell and Clinton counties"

This doesn't really answer the question either. Holt, Missouri is located in Clay and Clinton counties, and is about 10 miles away from the Caldwell County border. Sheriff deputies only patrol in their own county and only leave it for something like hot pursuit of a felon or a request from a neighboring jurisdiction.
Holt, Missouri - Wikipedia

So what were Caldwell County deputies doing in Holt? If someone abandoned a vehicle in Holt then either the Clay or Clinton county deputies should have responded (depending on which county the commuter lot was located in).

"Agencies assisting in the investigation include the sheriff offices from Buchanan, Caldwell, Clay, Clinton, and Platte counties as well as the Cameron and Kearney Police Departments and the Missouri State Highway Patrol."
Multiple agencies assist in 'long-term' death investigation into missing Wisconsin brothers

The Missouri State Highway Patrol not only includes what is usually considered highway patrol but also criminal investigation.
Missouri State Highway Patrol - Wikipedia

The latest article, not much new. There is a Facebook group with 22,000 members:
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article233220226.html

This doesn't really answer the question either. Holt, Missouri is located in Clay and Clinton counties, and is about 10 miles away from the Caldwell County border. Sheriff deputies only patrol in their own county and only leave it for something like hot pursuit of a felon or a request from a neighboring jurisdiction.
Holt, Missouri - Wikipedia

So what were Caldwell County deputies doing in Holt? If someone abandoned a vehicle in Holt then either the Clay or Clinton county deputies should have responded (depending on which county the commuter lot was located in).
The Caldwell county sheriff's department notified the Clinton county sheriff's department of the abandoned vehicle. I didn't see any reports that said the Caldwell county sheriff's office did anything or even was the one that discovered the vehicle. They merely reported it on to the Clinton county sheriff's department. There's always the possibility as well of off duty officers in another county.

Any previous killings?

A possibility. Could be. But----------------------------
in thinking about SKs, the most common ones coming to mind are men killing females* less frequently males* and most frequently w both sexes, involving sex and physical control. Occasionally women SKs. If he is a SK, he's not typical.

AFAIK, if the D brothers are dead at the hand of Nelson (yes, many of us say pretty certain) this would be his first known killing. He has been previously charged w $-based crimes - receiving stolen property and passing bad checks; he was convicted of some bigger $$$ crimes w loans & w theft of property (selling other ppl's cattle as his own & keeping all the money, instead of remitting to owners, as agreed) and served time in fed pen ~ 1 yr. If he has killed the D brothers, appears circumstances giving rise to it were $$$ related, likely imo selling their cattle and keeping all proceeds.

Others here following Nelson's soc media, such as FB, SnapChat, etc, may have far more insight into him than I do. Or may have other sources of info on him. Maybe he is known in the area for violence against ppl. Anyone searched for that by county arrest records?

My initial thought about Nelson having killed before and being a SK is No, imo, jmo, moo.

AFAIK, if the D brothers are dead at the hand of Nelson (yes, many of us say pretty certain) this would be his first known killing. He has been previously charged w $-based crimes - receiving stolen property and passing bad checks; he was convicted of some bigger $$$ crimes w loans & w theft of property (selling other ppl's cattle as his own & keeping all the money, instead of remitting to owners, as agreed). If he has killed the D brothers, appears circumstances giving rise to it were $$$ related, likely imo selling their cattle and keeping all proceeds.

Many of us who farm call this a feed mixer. You can throw in a round bale and mix it with other feed ingredients depending on what inputs you have on hand.

Sadly, people have been killed in them when they have fallen in. There are MANY ways to die on a farm. It is actually considered one the most dangerous modern professions. I have actively worked with agriculture associations to educate farmers on hazards and ways to prevent accidents, but it does not remove the inherent dangers of farming.

Many farmers use compost pits as a way to dispose of livestock that cannot be sold to a renderer. It is a relatively easy process using manure, a carbon source like hay or straw, and lime. If done correctly, you can compost remains of large livestock in about six months. Burning combined with composting would leave little remains if given enough time.

This does not sound like it was a well planned out crime. More like someone was caught off guard when confronted.

July 27, Fox4 News vid ^ w sheriff shows blue road signs on right side of frame.
I think one says 'Ayers.' Anyone know where that is? Close to Nelson's farm or ...?
Thx in adv.

ETA: sign is visible ~4 min into clip.
Ayers road is where the feedlot is and the site where they are searching. The house you see is on the same property about 100 yards from the Ayres corner.

July 27, Fox4 News vid ^ w sheriff shows blue road signs on right side of frame.
I think one says 'Ayers.' Anyone know where that is? Close to Nelson's farm or ...?
Thx in adv.

ETA: sign is visible ~4 min into clip.
It is around the corner from the family home. They said in the Fox4 report from July 26 that the Diemel's truck went to the SE Ayres road where JN farmed.

Missing Wisconsin brothers’ case now a death investigation, not missing persons
Google Maps

Attachments

• catawba-ayers.jpg
    catawba-ayers.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 26
It appears as though JN was committing cattle fraud against the Diemel brothers. I’m sure there are others that were being ripped off as well. Investigators are going to be very busy with this case. I can’t imagine how the entire community must feel to have this happen. It’s tragic on so many levels. :(

This does not sound like it was a well planned out crime. More like someone was caught off guard when confronted.
Do we know if the visit to the farm was announced in advance or not? Some people familiar with cattle farming have mentioned possible unannounced inspections.

If they came to the farm announced to inspect their cattle, but perhaps also to collect money, the farmer could have predicted conflict if he was into shenanigans again. Maybe he thought he could make excuses and trick them.

I think the motive here was different to SK cases. There's no indication that JN got a kick out of hurting people. IMO he's a crook and a sociopath who didn't want to go to prison again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay