MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebelutionary is going back to his old streaming channel and not with Argus.

Rebelutionary is going back to his old streaming channel and not with Argus.

I was waiting for that to happen. He was pretty quiet today. First there was the aconcop guy, that fell out in bad rumors surrounding him, and now Mustafa. :slap:

W
Last night, there was a car trying to make its way slowly through an intersection, and protesters were complaining that the driver was trying to run over them.

I was a tiny bit amused when protesters ended up at an intersection that was barricaded with police, and some protesters were complaining that they couldn't go past and get back to their cars. Oh, the irony.

Wasn't that a pizza delivery guy? I think it was

SMH. Absolutely crazy. :crazy:
I have virtually NO memories of being harassed by law enforcement. Ever. I must be lucky or something.
And should the need arise, I'd call 911 ; and not my plumber, or the man who sold us our car insurance. :) ( lol at peeps who think cops are useless... until they have trouble, that is !)

Is there something about these cities in MO that are different ?
Are the cops just ruder or something ?
My opinion is that there are problems in these towns that have been brewing for a long time; and trying to be fair to the peaceful demonstrators --- maybe the cops have been too heavy-handed . (?)
But for those destroying property and screaming obscenities : You will receive no sympathy from those of us who choose to be law-abiding (no matter what the grievance)!!! :jail:

And for those who burn the American flag, it's better if I do not say anything at all. I love this country and those who hate it need to relocate... preferably North Korea or Iran. And don't bother to write back !
My grandma's brother fought for this country and came back destroyed, not in the physical sense ; but his family said he was never the same. My memories of him were of a man who was bitter and desperately unhappy. There are those who are like that even without experiences of war conflict ; but my grandma said he was a kind and loving person before ; and the brother who returned was someone they didn't know.
Sorry if this was too much of a rant.
:moo:

Was going to address your points, but think it's easier to say "I agree". Well said.

I am glad they encrypted their police scanner because last night Bella had peeps tweeting what they heard on the scanner to her and she would tell the march leaders where to turn to escape the cops...

Didn't work though. I got a kick out of it. Unless they wanted to continue walking away from their cars, they basically had 2 choices. Walk right back to LE who didn't chase them down. They knew already that the protesters would have to come right back to where they were at some point so they just stayed at that intersection and waited. Or they could cut through the park but they'd get boxed in and everyone arrested then. I thought it was brilliant on the part of the SLMPD. Didn't have to out muscle anyone. Outsmarted them.

Wow...honestly, I am flabbergasted that they issued this. I am wondering where this is coming from exactly, because up until now, they have always played right into the protestors shenanigans, in my opinion. But this is good. I am wondering if this is a liabiltiy issue? Maybe someone felt it would be best to issue a statement to distnace themselves from anything that may happen? Maybe they honestly want peace? I want to hope that is the case.

They have made similar statements all along. The problem is when you couch it in terms of first saying we respect everyone's right to free speech, people will take that to mean do whatever you want and everything we say after this is only said because we have to say it.

W

Wasn't that a pizza delivery guy? I think it was

There were 3 separate pizza delivery guys that the crowd accused of driving at unsafe speeds. My sons first job was a pizza delivery job. And the delivery crew was always aware that they could be robbed at gunpoint in their cars. There were robbers who would call in fake orders and then lay in wait, for the car to pull up, and rob them.

So it is no surprise that if a pizza guy drove down that street and saw 50 marchers coming towards him that he would peel out and lay some rubber. lol

There were 3 separate pizza delivery guys that the crowd accused of driving at unsafe speeds. My sons first job was a pizza delivery job. And the delivery crew was always aware that they could be robbed at gunpoint in their cars. There were robbers who would call in fake orders and then lay in wait, for the car to pull up, and rob them.

So it is no surprise that if a pizza guy drove down that street and saw 50 marchers coming towards him that he would peel out and lay some rubber. lol

ETA: I am so glad my son had that job at 16. Because he realised he needed a higher education. He had coworkers that were in their 20's and had dropped out of school. It was a great motivator and my son did graduate from a University, thanks to Amicis Pizzeria.

I just messed up my google chrome and lost all of favorite sites. Grrr Been trying to get back here for an hr at least.

Any feeds up?

OK, what is the forecast for tonight? I need to know if I should take a nap now in preparation for a long night up...

No it's still quiet. I don't know what to tell you Muffet... I am tired myself here.

There is a panel discussion being put on by OctoberFerguson or whatever its called. it is from 7 to 9 pm. I wonder if peeps went there, since it is cold and rainy?

Sheesh, I had gotten so used to all the screaming and chanting - the quiet is deafening! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3