MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Thiefs had a lot of fun reviewing Bellas videos last night. We put two of her videos side by side and it showed her outright LYING about the cops.

First, there is a video of her livestreaming when the cops pulled over the van she was riding in. You can very clearly hear what the cops are saying and doing. They were VERY polite and then later, she is describing the incident to others, and she completely embellished the incident by saying they immediately forced her to shut down the stream, PULLED her out of the car, GRABBED her license etc.

Then you go back and rewatch the video of them being pulled over, and being ' PULLED' out of the car= the cops saying " you want to step outside of the car please?" At one point she stumbles and the cop reaches out nicely saying " Are you alright?"

Also, SHE IS THE ONE that IMMEDIATELY shuts down the feed. FIRST thing she says is ' Can I turn this off Please?' NO ONE MAKES HER DO SO.

Yet later when she describes the incident, she says they forced her to do so, and she describes them as being rude and aggressive. Nothing could be further from the truth. lol

This is part of the reason there is mistrust of police in the community. If you want to hate someone/the system you can always find a way to change the facts to suit your agenda. We have a system in place to enforce the laws. Not everyone agrees with it but we put those people in charge. If we have issues we need to address them properly and right up the line if necessary. As citizens we ALL need to take responsibility for our actions. No police officer wants to end his day by shooting someone and instinct, plus training will tell them to protect their lives. Someone supplied VM with guns, someone knew he had guns, someone never took the responsibility to take the guns away from him to keep this from happening to him.

Why do we expect a police officer to do the job parents and relatives should be doing to keep these young men from getting themselves killed and not just by police? That is the real issue here. We are all tired of hearing that the lives of young men are being destroyed by guns used to solve minor issues. jmo

Thanks Lambchop. My point really is that all of this stuff can be said both ways. I've seen those on the MB side of things resort to calling people trolls/racists but I have also seen people on the OW side resort to calling people trolls/racists. So just as easily as it can be said that the facts and the law do not support one side, it can be said of the other as well. If anything were as clear cut as either side would make out, one of two things would have happened. 1. If it was so clearly a good shoot, it never would have been presented to the GJ. 2. If it were so clearly a bad shoot, there'd already be an arrest and indictment.

As for Katydid getting banned while on an activist's page...well that's obviously going to happen. Just as I would bet if Bella came here posting her true thoughts on the situation, she would probably be banned from here.

No one is banned if they are respectful. If anyone misrepresents facts here you can be sure there will be a large number of posters who will provide links to prove otherwise. LOL It is what we do here.

Three Wounded in Near South Side Shooting
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/10/12/three-wounded-in-near-south-side-shooting/

Police say it happened shortly before 8 p.m. near Rutger and Ohio in the Gate District, just south of St. Louis University.

not many detail have been released but there's talk about this shooting on KMOX 1120am

BTW - I have no problem with law enforcement support ODW; this tragedy could have happen to any one of them! I will always support LE over criminals

Do you think LE can ever be a criminal? And if so, how do you reconcile that? I would take it from the comment though, that if support is blindly given just because of a badge, then no LEO can ever be involved in criminal behavior because it will never be questioned because they are already being supported.

Brett A. Blume ‏@brettblumekmox 30m30 minutes ago
@Ferguson judge Ron Brockmeyer says warrant recall program, set to expire Oct. 15th, now extended indefinitely. 600+ have signed up so far

:laugh: amazing how many people have outstanding warrants (for misdemeanors) in the Ferguson Court system. Note this amnesty program is ONLY for Ferguson warrants, not County, not City, not State issued . . . the Judge said they'll not "check" for outstanding warrants in other jurisdictions.

Dayum, if that's not special treatment, I don't know what is

KMOX just said the N word!!! Apparently, the protesters were calling black PD in Clayton "house-Ns" IMHO taunting LE is the lowest of the low & truly illustrates ignorance

I have not seen one article indicating that the justice system has determined whether or not the shooting of either of these young men was justified or not. People are entitled to their opinions, but the law must be followed. As far as I can tell, the system that some people don't trust is still investigating.
I don't know, maybe some of these protesters would be better satisfied with anarchy.

I would imagine that people generally view investigators, police officers and sheriff's offices as part of that justice system. How can one truly believe that an objective investigation would go on when so many that represent that justice system have already predetermined that OW is innocent? I don't even get how that's possible. I mean, how would you feel if there is an indictment and the case is before a black judge and through out the trial the judge is wearing an "I support Michael Brown." shirt? Would you think that that judge is giving off the perception of being fair and unbiased? If not the judge hearing the case, what if every other Judge in the Courthouse wore them? Or every court reporter and clerk wore them?

As for anarchy...yes, I think there are some that are hijacking this case for their own cause and I wouldn't be shocked to find that some of them are anarchists. For the others....how about just a system that is just and fair and unbiased?

pfft Bella: she's not even local to StL; IMHO she's an antagonizer & not helping the "movement" with the exception of recording events (and recording her potty mouth); I know there's a team of nerds combing through social media for StLCPD & collecting a ton of data

Of course she is. That doesn't even remotely address the point made though so I will just assume you were moving on to a new point and accidentally grabbed my post.

MOO....the Shaw shooting is a done deal. You shoot at LE they WILL shoot back. If the protesters TRULY wanted to change anything they would leave that one alone. Trying to paint a gun toting , bracelet wearing teen as an innocent child just won't work!
While Michael Brown was unarmed he was far from an innocent child on his way to grandmas house. Those that continue to deny MB robbed that store and pushed the employee around are just being ridiculous. Demanding OW's arrest, conviction, and death with no FACTS needed shows the mind set. Seems many of those calling the shootings racist are themselves the biggest racists.
These protests, baiting police, destruction of property, these things are never, ever going to resolve any racial issues, or divide between police and citizens. The protesters can't even get along amongst themselves!
If MB or VM's parents truly want anything to change THEY need to step up. Call upon the teens to stop the violence, stick with there education, find alternatives to gangs and running the streets. They should be calling on teens to NOT make the same choices their own teens did. Don't make their mistakes. Unfortunately that would mean take some personal responsiblity for themselves and their child. I don't believe that's a step they will ever take.

[h=1]St. Louis Officers Preparing for Ferguson Crowd Downtown[/h]
Today is the day for what is being called a National March on Ferguson – a protest that organizers say will include acts of civil disobedience.
Downtown tonight is set to see a large crowd for Rams football starting at 7:30 p.m.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/10/13/st-louis-officers-preparing-for-ferguson-crowd-downtown/

And again, unfortunately, no one cares about the Rams. There also is no convenient place close to the dome to protest, like ballpark village.

Do you think LE can ever be a criminal? And if so, how do you reconcile that? I would take it from the comment though, that if support is blindly given just because of a badge, then no LEO can ever be involved in criminal behavior because it will never be questioned because they are already being supported.

Of course LE could be considered a criminal but in these 2 specific cases, VM & MB were thugs "livin' the life" with no respect for their own lives, let alone others - Thank Gawd for social media

The lack of respect for Law Enforcement is truly disgusting IMHO & glorifying the " life" is asinine! The way black officers are treated by these protesters, it's no wonder not many apply for a position on a police force! House N-word? Really? Calling female LE "c*nts"? How is that going to help?!

This is part of the reason there is mistrust of police in the community. If you want to hate someone/the system you can always find a way to change the facts to suit your agenda. We have a system in place to enforce the laws. Not everyone agrees with it but we put those people in charge. If we have issues we need to address them properly and right up the line if necessary. As citizens we ALL need to take responsibility for our actions. No police officer wants to end his day by shooting someone and instinct, plus training will tell them to protect their lives. Someone supplied VM with guns, someone knew he had guns, someone never took the responsibility to take the guns away from him to keep this from happening to him.

Why do we expect a police officer to do the job parents and relatives should be doing to keep these young men from getting themselves killed and not just by police? That is the real issue here. We are all tired of hearing that the lives of young men are being destroyed by guns used to solve minor issues. jmo

I'd suggest that that is not the reason many distrust police, with all due respect. I don't question that changing the facts to suit one's agenda does occur, but it occurs regardless what the agenda is or what side of it one falls on. What happens though when the laws are broken by those charged with enforcing them and yet nothing is done about it? Who does one turn to then? So as to avoid a discussion of whether any law was broken in this case, let's just presume for the moment it was since that is the perception of protesters. And another question, what if attempts have been made right up that line but no change is ever made? What does one do then? Finally, what about protesting for the changes is contrary to one addressing them properly right up the line?

I agree. All citizens need to be held accountable for their actions. If they through a water bottle, arrest them. If they threw a rock, arrest them. Likewise, there needs to be more transparency and accountability when LEO's break the law. Responsibility and accountability needs to be uniform. No free passes given.

Of course LE could be considered a criminal but in these 2 specific cases, VM & MB were thugs "livin' the life" with no respect for their own lives, let alone others - Thank Gawd for social media

The lack of respect for Law Enforcement is truly disgusting IMHO & glorifying the " life" is asinine! The way black officers are treated by these protesters, it's no wonder not many apply for a position on a police force! House N-word? Really? Calling female LE "c*nts"? How is that going to help?!

Aren't all thugs heroes? If they die by police, they're martyrs. That's like equating, that years ago, the Mafia were saints LOL

I would imagine that people generally view investigators, police officers and sheriff's offices as part of that justice system. How can one truly believe that an objective investigation would go on when so many that represent that justice system have already predetermined that OW is innocent? I don't even get how that's possible. I mean, how would you feel if there is an indictment and the case is before a black judge and through out the trial the judge is wearing an "I support Michael Brown." shirt? Would you think that that judge is giving off the perception of being fair and unbiased? If not the judge hearing the case, what if every other Judge in the Courthouse wore them? Or every court reporter and clerk wore them?

As for anarchy...yes, I think there are some that are hijacking this case for their own cause and I wouldn't be shocked to find that some of them are anarchists. For the others....how about just a system that is just and fair and unbiased?

BBM Who in officialdom has determined that OW is innocent? Innocent of what? First or second degree murder, manslaughter, or some other charge? Is not this case currently before the grand jury, made up of regular citizens? Isn't it these citizens' duty to determine the charges, if any? Or is it just that a police officer should not be afforded the same presumption of innocence?

Pics from the Daily Mail from Saturday. I saw quite a number of pictures with protestors who were carrying these signs.I don't know if anyone has posted these pics or even noticed the "dot-com" address at the bottom. I thought it was interesting so I went to that website. Interestingly enough, the website boasts it is "the voice of the revolutionary communist party USA". I will just refer to them as Rcom because I do not want to promote their name in any way.

I would be willing to bet that this r-com group printed up the signs, distributed some of them to people there who had no idea what the revcom meant ( and might not care either because our experience has shown that many of the protestors are not politically educated). I thought it was also an interesting ploy on RCom's part to b able to get publicity and possibly use this situation to recruit for their own agenda. Any one else have thoughts on this?

Attachments

• protest1.jpg
    protest1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 23
  • protest2.jpg
    protest2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 23

Ok, thanks for clarifying. So when you said "I will always..." what you were really saying was "In the MB and VM cases, I will always..."

Oh, and GO CARDS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members