MO - Police officer fatally shoots Vonderrick Myers in south St. Louis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The group from Wellspring is in front of Ferguson PD.

I would imagine that people generally view investigators, police officers and sheriff's offices as part of that justice system. How can one truly believe that an objective investigation would go on when so many that represent that justice system have already predetermined that OW is innocent? I don't even get how that's possible. I mean, how would you feel if there is an indictment and the case is before a black judge and through out the trial the judge is wearing an "I support Michael Brown." shirt? Would you think that that judge is giving off the perception of being fair and unbiased? If not the judge hearing the case, what if every other Judge in the Courthouse wore them? Or every court reporter and clerk wore them?

As for anarchy...yes, I think there are some that are hijacking this case for their own cause and I wouldn't be shocked to find that some of them are anarchists. For the others....how about just a system that is just and fair and unbiased?

SO, how do you make the system "fair & unbiased"? Provide amnesty for warrants? Allow communities to be run by Thugs (which is happening all over the area especially now that LE is spread so thin)? Let a segment of society follow one set of laws & others follow another set of other laws? Isn't that segregation & something we have fought to curb for generations?

Thing is people want to scream "injustice" but have no idea how to FIX things IMHO

And as far as a Judge wearing a MB shirt, I thought Judges were impartial & had a duty to uphold the law without prejudice? And I know there's a dress code for employees working with the Court

Of course she is. That doesn't even remotely address the point made though so I will just assume you were moving on to a new point and accidentally grabbed my post.

I thought I read LambChop's post that said Bella would be allowed to post on this forum as long as she adhered to WS TOS

I don't do anything accidentally :laugh:

BBM Who in officialdom has determined that OW is innocent? Innocent of what? First or second degree murder, manslaughter, or some other charge? Is not this case currently before the grand jury, made up of regular citizens? Isn't it these citizens' duty to determine the charges, if any? Or is it just that a police officer should not be afforded the same presumption of innocence?

Well, I would only presume that people would proclaim that they support DW or that they are DW if they in fact presumed that DW was free of any wrongdoing. I'd have a hard time believing that they would support a murderer, even if in the 2nd degree. The GJ is certainly part of that system we were talking about, but not the only part. Never said DW isn't entitled to a presumption of innocence. My concern lies in the fact that that part of the system that we rely on to obtain and investigate the facts that are to be brought before a GJ in the first place has also already expressed their support for the suspect.

Again, what if there is an indictment and what if the Judge assigned the case or all the Judges in the County Courthouse wore "I support Mike Brown" tshirts every day of the trial. Would you believe that that was acceptable? Would you believe that that face of the justice system was being fair and impartial?

Pics from the Daily Mail from Saturday. I saw quite a number of pictures with protestors who were carrying these signs.I don't know if anyone has posted these pics or even noticed the "dot-com" address at the bottom. I thought it was interesting so I went to that website. Interestingly enough, the website boasts it is "the voice of the revolutionary communist party USA". I will just refer to them as Rcom because I do not want to promote their name in any way.

I would be willing to bet that this r-com group printed up the signs, distributed some of them to people there who had no idea what the revcom meant ( and might not care either because our experience has shown that many of the protestors are not politically educated). I thought it was also an interesting ploy on RCom's part to b able to get publicity and possibly use this situation to recruit for their own agenda. Any one else have thoughts on this?

I think they have tried to hijack this case from day one.

I thought I read LambChop's post that said Bella would be allowed to post on this forum as long as she adhered to WS TOS

I don't do anything accidentally :laugh:

LOL!!!!!

If Bella were to post in here, she'd last 1 post, her foul mouth would get her banned in a NY minute!! :hilarious:

I believe there was a meeting with DOJ asking the citizens to report incidents of police misconduct. They also reported they will have representatives in the area so citizens can report such misconduct. So why are they protesting other than to incite incidents of police misconduct, which we have not seen.

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, is released in a report.

This is part of the reason there is mistrust of police in the community. If you want to hate someone/the system you can always find a way to change the facts to suit your agenda. We have a system in place to enforce the laws. Not everyone agrees with it but we put those people in charge. If we have issues we need to address them properly and right up the line if necessary. As citizens we ALL need to take responsibility for our actions. No police officer wants to end his day by shooting someone and instinct, plus training will tell them to protect their lives. Someone supplied VM with guns, someone knew he had guns, someone never took the responsibility to take the guns away from him to keep this from happening to him.

Why do we expect a police officer to do the job parents and relatives should be doing to keep these young men from getting themselves killed and not just by police? That is the real issue here. We are all tired of hearing that the lives of young men are being destroyed by guns used to solve minor issues. jmo

Thanks for this!!! I totally agree! There have been >50 shootings in StL since 9 Aug NOT by LE & that violence is not even being addressed in this "movement"; how about the 4 people shot downtown in the past few days (drug dealers shooting each other between cars DOWNTOWN)

Parents need to parent; teachers cannot do it, LE cannot do it, the "system" cannot do it & I still wonder what happened to Personal Responsibility!!!

We need to get the outsiders out of StL & OUR leaders need to be making decisions (but they are truly feckless IMHO)

SO, how do you make the system "fair & unbiased"? Provide amnesty for warrants? Allow communities to be run by Thugs (which is happening all over the area especially now that LE is spread so thin)? Let a segment of society follow one set of laws & others follow another set of other laws? Isn't that segregation & something we have fought to curb for generations?

Thing is people want to scream "injustice" but have no idea how to FIX things IMHO

And as far as a Judge wearing a MB shirt, I thought Judges were impartial & had a duty to uphold the law without prejudice? And I know there's a dress code for employees working with the Court

While I don't want to give childish comments about allowing communities to be run by thugs credence, I will say suggestions have been made. And as for 2 sets of laws, yes there are, but I don't think it is the way you'd like to believe it is.

As for the judge, yes, they are to rule fairly and impartially and yes they have a dress code which is whatever that Judge deems is appropriate for his courtroom. So again, would you have faith in the Judge being fair and impartial in this case if he also wore a "I support Mike Brown" bracelet even?

Thanks for this!!! I totally agree! There have been >50 shootings in StL since 9 Aug NOT by LE & that violence is not even being addressed in this "movement"; how about the 4 people shot downtown in the past few days (drug dealers shooting each other between cars DOWNTOWN)

Parents need to parent; teachers cannot do it, LE cannot do it, the "system" cannot do it & I still wonder what happened to Personal Responsibility!!!

We need to get the outsiders out of StL & OUR leaders need to be making decisions (but they are truly feckless IMHO)

AND, thanks for this! ITA!!

Well, I would only presume that people would proclaim that they support DW or that they are DW if they in fact presumed that DW was free of any wrongdoing. I'd have a hard time believing that they would support a murderer, even if in the 2nd degree. The GJ is certainly part of that system we were talking about, but not the only part. Never said DW isn't entitled to a presumption of innocence. My concern lies in the fact that that part of the system that we rely on to obtain and investigate the facts that are to be brought before a GJ in the first place has also already expressed their support for the suspect.

Again, what if there is an indictment and what if the Judge assigned the case or all the Judges in the County Courthouse wore "I support Mike Brown" tshirts every day of the trial. Would you believe that that was acceptable? Would you believe that that face of the justice system was being fair and impartial?

BBM I'm asking specifically to whom you are referring that has officially said DW was innocent. Is this person wearing a DW bracelet or T-shirt?

To the theoretical situation of the wearing of support articles of clothing as judge in a trial, which is what I think is referred to, of course that would indicate bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne