MO MO - Ricky McCormick, 41, St Louis, 30 June 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've noticed a few that I think are 1's, also. They stand taller than any of the letters.

I am by no means a handwriting expert, but I still have eyes and I think that there's some serious weirdness in the discrepancies in how RM formed his characters.

hmmm....still thinking about reasons / conditions for writing. As Adrian points out, letters look funny--maybe he was writing while on a bumpy ride.
Add the below example to the list of reasons to encode (I'm feeling a bit bad for my list being slanted toward criminal activity when what we KNOW -not assuming- is that he was a victim):

9) data he wanted hidden but from only one person

--He was held captive and didn't want his kidnappers to know what he was writing.

Probably should have introduced myself instead of jumping right in on the discussion--I'll tell about me, belatedly--I'm a grad student with too much time on my hands. I felt this code was interesting and have been following your thread (and a couple others ) since the beginning (yes, I thought it could have been an April fools joke too at first). Lots have given up on it, but this group is still going strong. You're a dedicated group! I'm glad I finally am able to log on to join the discussion.

The 651 area code is used in several places in Minnesota =
Cottage Grove
Apple Valley
Eagan
Maplewood
New Brigton
Roseville

I don't know if the victim was found dead or near any of these places or was killed there and then moved.

And, nearly all of St. Paul, MN. Apple Valley is 952, not 651.

I live in Apple Valley. Believe me. Several years ago this area code was changed from 651 to 952. Check my last post, re: area codes. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

I know not to believe everything you read on the internet, however the site I looked at says it was updating 651 # in Apple Valley as of 2011. What I'm wondering is if this letter we are racking our brains over is real. I was looking through the numbers to see if there are any matches 50 down about 300,000 to go. If you go to the bottom it say 2006-2011.
http://www.spokeo.com/651-344-phone-lookup

Thanks everyone for your post. Bessie, your work is interesting. I'm not sure if he was calculating numbers or not; however, it definitely seems to be a code of some sort. The dots over the F and L are probably where he was moving through the code mentally or calculculating as Bessie suggests, while he has his pen/pencil pressing on paper. Seems to be very methodical...most folks will forget to close parentheses; however, all of his seem to be matched up. I'm interested in the overwritten letters...it could be a key or help us figure out the code. Maybe he wrote the actual letter and then erased and put the code of it. Everything that I have tried hasn't yeilded anything. The more I look at the note, the more I think it might be written right to left...so when everyone else tries out solutions, try to look at it that way, as well. Adrian, I haven't seen anyone mention a religious preference.

Thanks everyone for your post. Bessie, your work is interesting. I'm not sure if he was calculating numbers or not; however, it definitely seems to be a code of some sort. The dots over the F and L are probably where he was moving through the code mentally or calculculating as Bessie suggests, while he has his pen/pencil pressing on paper. Seems to be very methodical...most folks will forget to close parentheses; however, all of his seem to be matched up. I'm interested in the overwritten letters...it could be a key or help us figure out the code. Maybe he wrote the actual letter and then erased and put the code of it. Everything that I have tried hasn't yeilded anything. The more I look at the note, the more I think it might be written right to left...so when everyone else tries out solutions, try to look at it that way, as well. Adrian, I haven't seen anyone mention a religious preference.
ME, I'm certain he was working with numbers. I've done each line in P1., and they all have distinct patterns and palindromes. I wish I had more time to explain it now, but I don't. And the strings are long, so it's hard to capture a good image. You're absolutely right about the overwritten letters, and possibly writing in reverse to form the palindromes.

In the lines with 71, 74, 75 that we thought were directions he was playing around with a combination. He works it out in the first line of NOTES, the one that begins ALPINTE. It's so obvious.

Combinations of 348 appear frequently in P1. It's been driving me bats because I knew it was significant. Right now, my husband and I are in the car, leaving town foe the weekend. I printed copies of my worksheets to play with on the ride. (Normally, it would be sudoku. This is more fun. ;) ). Anyway, I looked down and the answer to 348 jumped out at me. There is a palindrome in his name!

Applying the method I've been expetimenting with, RM's name, with the middle initial C, works out to be 9 6843235648. And there it is...843348. :). If the C is eliminated, it's still 84348.

I can't wait to see what else I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost forgot the best part, at least for me because I've been trying to figure it out since the first time I laid eyes on it:
When 1's are eliminated,

WLD=8; NCBE=3; SE=4

I figured that out the other day but it didn't make sense until just now.

After looking around, (and I'll have to find the link) I read that the codes match Ricky's handwriting -

please ignore what i said in the quote above!

I have searched (and searched) for a link to support this and can not find anything - I apologize for jumping to this conclusion.

Bessie,
When you have time, please elaborate on how all those numbers would then convert to other numbers/letters to decode the thing. I'm not sure I'm following.

I had another random thought last night. Where are the creases on the notes? Where were they folded? I was wondering if we can tell if they were actually grouped and folded in the pocket together and if that would tell us anything, but I can't see much evidence of there even being folds. Maybe in the 2nd one there is a fold below the 4th line (right above NE WLD STS). ?? (I wonder if the discoloration on this page is from an attempt to dust for fingerprints.)

please ignore what i said in the quote above!

I have searched (and searched) for a link to support this and can not find anything - I apologize for jumping to this conclusion.

Miley,
I thought I read that too somewhere. I'll do a search too.

Almost forgot the best part, at least for me because I've been trying to figure it out since the first time I laid eyes on it:
When 1's are eliminated,

WLD=8; NCBE=3; SE=4

I figured that out the other day but it didn't make sense until just now.

For SE, it's important to take into account the letters that come before it in other forms.

NSE
TSE
LSE
RSE

For SE, it's important to take into account the letters that come before it in other forms.

NSE
TSE
LSE
RSE

Yes, it is Mystic, but SE always represents 4.

NSE=64. n=14. S=19 E=5
14-20=6. 19-5=4
LSE=84
RSE=14=4
TSE=14=4
GLSE=574
RNSE=454
and so forth

Members online

Online statistics

Members online