image2a.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 19
  • p1 042311.jpg
    p1 042311.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 185
  • notes negitive.jpg
    notes negitive.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 17
I might be on to something. I found a file with several of the same letter combinations.

Just comparing the image of the note with p1 circled in the top corner to the file I found yielded
one exact 5 letter match and several 4 letter matches.
(That's just with me eyeballing the image of the note & then running a "find" search
of the text in the file I found.

While I have not decoded anything I think I might have stumbled on to what sort of
stuff this is in the note.

The 5 letter match was:
FLQSE

Some of the 4 letter matches were:
DE74
PRSE
NCBE
7FNQ
WLDR
CBQN

A few 3 letter matches were:
PQT
<MS
TFX

(I don't place much value on 3 letter matches but altogether the matches seemed
to defy the odds of weird letter combination matches to be entirely random.)

I have not checked the other images yet.

I found a file with several of the same letter combinations.

Well, that does sound interesting. Where did you find this file? Do share!

But, wait...I'm not finding some of your "matches" in RM's notes! (Maybe I need to look more closely, but could you highlight where you see CBQN?
Your note made me notice there are two 74's....DE 74 and 74prk

Well, that does sound interesting. Where did you find this file?
Do share!
It was the text coding of a .img file listed as archived at starbase.jpl.nasa.gov/
(Found it with an ordinary search engine search.)
I have since found a second file at same place with matches such as
LRSTE.

That address is not the entire address but it isn't a secret or anything as far as I know.
My thought is that it might indicate we are dealing with the same sort of info in this note
(image info)
or perhaps the same sort of coding of info.

I suppose it is even possible someone was sending info hidden in images.
(Perhaps if he had access to a computer its images need to be looked at closely.)
I don't know one way or the other but just seeing the text of data in the file makes me
think there is enough similarity for someone to be taking a look at all the possibilities.

ETA 5th line down appears to me to start its line
WLDRCBQNSE (At least that's how I read it.)
I took the CBQN part & searched for it among the many other
searches I ran.
If you don't like that one then throw it out but to me there is
similarity between this coding and the files I read.
I just have no idea if it will ever lead anywhere.

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.​

If LE was here and able to answer questions.
I would ask them if this person, from talking with the family
was a star wars fan.

I believe, but not certain.
That the notes are written in some form of star
war language.

Examples below.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/preq/text.html

For example, here is the text of the final screen announcing Lord Vader's arrival at Endor:

*See the above link to get the correct positioning of the following note.
I could not copy and paste exactly as it is written at the above site.

*F B N E V Y TH ; K F B N E L V I S Q KH M Z C D G U I S AE KH M EO L S K Y E X H T EO S K Y E H M OO AE N A B Z U H M OO AE N G AE E X Q Z NG T KH S AE X Q Z NG I H V Q T NG B X D L I H V Q T NG A F AE E U K G D EO Z A AE E M U M EO NG M Y ? X AE CH EO NG H M N

where the letters F, Z, AE, and D are assigned liberally to the nearest possible equivalents in the RPG alphabet, and the letter marked ? is completely absent from the RPG scheme. Alternative analyses, carefully devised to ensure a proper density of vowels and speakable consonents, can easily turn all of the canonical texts into speakable non-English language

Naboo

Like Galactic Basic, the written form of the language used by the humans of Naboo distinguishes words by spaces. Unlike the military texts in Basic seen so far, the Naboo language appears to contain at least some character accents and perhaps punctuation.
The informal "Futhork" script of Naboo appears abundantly throughout The Phantom Menace. Examples include:

• computer monitors aboard Queen Amidala's royal starship;
  • status displays of the Naboo N-1 starfighter;
  • helmets of Naboo starfighter groundcrew.
A formalised oval style, called "Futhark" appears on the hull and control panel labels of the Naboo N-1 starfighter. Less can be determined about this script, because there are fewer examples. Although the two alphabets appear very different, it may eventually be possible to guess which letters correspond, by comparing the number of strokes, nodes and other topological features.
An illustration of an hangar engineer's helmet in The Phantom Menace: Visual Dictionary provides a vital key that may permit the deciphering of the Futhork characters. The name "Jabesq" is identified, which permits only two possible readings of the letters: forwards or backwards (because the reading orientation of Futhork script is not yet known). The word appears to contain just five letters with an accent mark between the leftmost and second-left characters. (The phonetics must be "j-a-b-e-sq".)

wegabc.gif

It was the text coding of a .img file listed as archived at starbase.jpl.nasa.gov/

I suppose it is even possible someone was sending info hidden in images.
(Perhaps if he had access to a computer its images need to be looked at closely.)

Thanks -- I'll look into this more closely too. Check out the Orange Book for sex offenders in Missouri. States that Home Internet Connections will be monitored.
http://doc.mo.gov/division_prob.php

This is my first post, I've been following this story since the FBI made the public announcement, which also brought me to Websleuths.

IMO, this guy wasn't much of a thinker. Sure, we all get that "ghetto einstein" construct/vibe off him (maybe just little) but I believe it is drawn from our desire to not overlook anything and the fact that the codes are puzzling. I think this guy was a creep, through and through. His attraction to younger-than-mature girls is obvious. I believe this to be the reasons for his codes.

Sure, he could have used unique codes as a child--but I think that this separation from conventional communication was later on utilized as a tool as he grew older and his age preference for women didn't.

I've heard that pedophilia web forums use codes and other various forms of subterfuge to communicate across the webs with impunity. While I won't venture into those dark woods myself--I know there are LE that do exclusively. I'm sure there is much insight to be gained from an undercover insider in regards to covert communication between sickos.

I think he is privy to child sex trafficking. I think the codes are names and ages of both potential victims and suspects alike. I believe this to be a reason as to why the FBI went public. Cracking a child sex slave ring is huge and more than enough reason to warrant the help from outsiders.

A few side notes: I find the conflicting stories about who found his body to be very confusing. I have no idea why there would be such noticeable differences in stories if most of these news articles were written by competent reporters. Perhaps this is the norm--it is difficult to verify because many archived newspaper articles are pay-to-play. Something I don't have access to.

I think the code is simpler than it is given credit for. A short cipher, the omitting of certain letters, and the juxtaposition of others is all that would be required--but, I do think that the notes would likely need to be translated after deciphering.

I think this is the simplest approach that covers most of the bases without leaving the ballpark.

My two cents. Thank you for your time.

Welcome! Tharsis, I think your post hit the nail on the head.

If this were just simple shorthand I believe the FBI would have solved
the code before now.

The FBI website says family say he was using coded messages as a 'boy' too and
no one could read them.

Without samples from that earlier time we can't know if it was the same code or not.
Either way it is seems he was smart enough to be thinking of how to hide information
& it seems he was smart enough to succeed for the time being.

I've known some people who did this, and hate to say it, but it may have been an OCD type thing and not a code at all...just a compulsive writing. But, on the other hand, there may be a code. I knew a girl in school, who claimed to speed read and would 'read' through numerous books in a few minutes. She used her finger to scan through the lines and fly through the pages. I thought she was trying to get attention but never knew for sure. She was a poor student and had a terrible home life. I'm going to study these writings, but I'm terrible at this sort of thing .MOO

Thanks -- I'll look into this more closely too. Check out the
Orange Book for sex offenders in Missouri.
States that Home Internet Connections will be monitored.
http://doc.mo.gov/division_prob.php
Sorry for the delay in responding.

I did a quick read through looking for the monitoring of the internet
as you mentioned & found that he is required to make his home
computer available for the parole officer to look at.

But then honestly, how many parole officers are doing their job well these days?
The Duggard woman was kidnapped and held for years by an offender on parole.
He wasn't supposed to have contact with kids & yet police went
to his home & left without doing anything on more than one occasion.
Different location but still it makes me wonder about monitoring these days.

I think it is very possible that he had some sort of code.
It might indeed be that instead of using some old code he once used as a child that
he made one up based on a computer encoding of an email or bitmap coding or
even a drive .img file that he had seen.

Perhaps he spoke to someone in jail that tipped him to a computer program to encrypt stuff.
I don't know about that but I do know that the thing seems so very similar to
computer generated stuff I have seen.

Example: Here are some pieces of computer generated stuff
from a couple of different files
(some of which has one or two sections of 4 character matches
& this makes me think perhaps his code was computer generated
or computer inspired in some way.)

<?HULG?NIHJBBGCPRDGWKJB=BUZECIMMJLEGHE?C=?>BRH?JYMIAK?BULMT>
\VIQNehRCRPPIV]CBGIO0B?PWdQNVLFOQRHIDRVUPT
VJFLYvhZMQYPPIHPL
wldRZQGBIPREFK^SJSLQRILHAICOZnLW\cCJ>LE@GIDI77

What I do not know yet is why it seemed important to write this stuff on paper
unless perhaps to take to a computer that was not being monitored rather than
transmit it through the internet from home that he might have feared was being monitored.

I've known some people who did this, and hate to say it, but it may have been an OCD type thing and not a code at all...just a compulsive writing. But, on the other hand, there may be a code. I knew a girl in school, who claimed to speed read and would 'read' through numerous books in a few minutes. She used her finger to scan through the lines and fly through the pages. I thought she was trying to get attention but never knew for sure. She was a poor student and had a terrible home life. I'm going to study these writings, but I'm terrible at this sort of thing .MOO

Hi, dodie. :seeya: I mentioned it might be an OCD type habit early in the thread. I used to do something similar with letters, words and numbers beginning when I was a child. It was like a game. Sometimes I'd use paper and pencil but mostly I performed the conversions in my head, especially when I was bored or stressed. After spending many hours working with RM's cipher, I really wonder if it's a coincidence that a product of RM's innocent pastime happened to resemble a more nefarious codewriting familiar to the FBI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following three lines comprise the second circled section from "NOTES" and my numeric conversions.

(MU NSA STE N MU N ARSE)

13-21 14-19-1 19-20-5 14 13-21 14 1-18-19-5

8 5 18 1 5 14 8 14 17 1 4

[FONT=&quot]8585 484 74[/FONT]

KLSE- LKSTE- TRSE- TRSE- MKSE N- MRSE
1714 1815 2114 2114 2814 14 5114

74 85 24 24 28 44 54

(SAE 6 NSE SE N MRSE)
184 6 514 14 14 5114
84 6 54 4 4 54

I found something interesting when I stacked the three number groups.

[FONT=&quot]858548474[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]74852424284454[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]846544454[/FONT]

Writing the numbers, starting with the 8 at the bottom of the first column on the left and snaking through, up and down, left to right results in this.

Using this same method, patterns appear throughout. I just haven't figured out how to convert them to alpha values, if that's even possible.

You attempted to access:​

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.​
Upon going to Symantec's website & running a search in their threat listings and
a search in their main site's search box I find nothing stating that photobucket is a known
malicious website.
There was one mention of a virus that embeds a script in a face book
page leading to a particular photo bucket album containing a downloader of viruses.

However Symantec did seem to think photobucket is a good site.
". . .You may already be familiar with sites like Shutterfly, Photobucket, or the Kodak Gallery.
These sites let you store your valuable photos while enabling you and your friends to view and
print them. . ."
http://us.norton.com/clubsymantec/library/article.jsp?aid=cs_easy_online_photobook

Upon running a meta search engine websearch I did find a couple of people (but only a couple)
who posted they got such a message as yours on their computer when trying to
access a link to photobucket pics.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste