MO - Ronnie A Bolin, 33, Jefferson County, 8 July 1996

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But how many interviews was there that involved CWW?? He is not a main player for the majority of this doc.
If we were to read through this doc and not know about the TS case I think most would be certain Fox was the suspect. JMO

There were no interviews with him because he refused to provide himself for questioning, and without direct evidence they couldn't force him by bringing him in.

I'd guess that was the outline for plan A here too, leave no evidence and refuse to speak. Didn't quite work out the way they planned though.

What town did they all live in? Fenton is 4000 today. Don't know what it was back then.
Wasn't this all Hillsboro? Population a bit over 2k now, 70% growth in the last decade, iirc, so significantly smaller in the 90s.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wasn't this all Hillsboro? Population a bit over 2k now, 70% growth in the last decade, iirc, so significantly smaller in the 90s.

I find it really hard to believe they did not know each other.

What is the physical size of the town? I lived in a township-- 36 square miles with under 2000. My kids knew the kids of various ages because of taking the school bus to school as well as going to school. And it seems like everyone in that town is so intertwined,

FYI - little known fact that helps support final witness story - RB was a big guy - near 300lbs and only 5'8". When his vehicle was found, the drivers seat was pushed forward - far too close for RB to have been the final person driving the vehicle. Last witnesses story actually makes the most since, given the facts. Unfortunately, at this point in time, that means CWW will need to actually admit to what happened as finding the body or parts of it will be almost impossible.
IIRC the employees of the carwash moved it because it was blocking a bay. And most of the suspects are tall men too? Idk

I find it really hard to believe they did not know each other.

What is the physical size of the town? I lived in a township-- 36 square miles with under 2000. My kids knew the kids of various ages because of taking the school bus to school as well as going to school. And it seems like everyone in that town is so intertwined,
They all had multiple siblings as well, which would greatly expand the people they knew, since they would also know friends of their brothers and sisters.

I suppose the car is long gone? Otherwise LE could use new crime technology on it and see what they could come up with.

That document is incredibly difficult to read knowing it involves a life and connected to a family desperately needing to know what happened. Makes me sad. Thanks beach and KateB for you hard work!

Something else to chew on, JLW has been back in MO since about the time CWW was first held or at least sometime before arrested. Not sure if this is why back, but they've suddenly reopened a 2009 case file for JLW http://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet and note the attorney is the same as for CWW

Interesting. Very interesting. :thinking:

There were no interviews with him because he refused to provide himself for questioning, and without direct evidence they couldn't force him by bringing him in.

I'd guess that was the outline for plan A here too, leave no evidence and refuse to speak. Didn't quite work out the way they planned though.

I'm with you that that was their PLAN A.

Let's hope that strategy doesn't still work with 'someone' who is still not arrested yet. Distance themselves from suspects and explain away connections (i was just trying to help an old friend and he turned on me) and refuses to speak. Not enough evidence to arrest and certainly not enuf to convict. Ummmmmm New life in the
Cayman Islands with the kids and all of the assets! (just my opinion)

Exactly. CWW dodged LE's requests to come in for about two weeks to buy himself time, and then his lawyer and his mother advised LE he would not be giving a statement. They never were able to speak to him.

FYI - little known fact that helps support final witness story - RB was a big guy - near 300lbs and only 5'8". When his vehicle was found, the drivers seat was pushed forward - far too close for RB to have been the final person driving the vehicle. Last witnesses story actually makes the most since, given the facts. Unfortunately, at this point in time, that means CWW will need to actually admit to what happened as finding the body or parts of it will be almost impossible.
IIRC the employees of the carwash moved it because it was blocking a bay. And most of the suspects are tall men too? Idk

Yes, according to the LE documents, the Car Wash employees moved “the car out from in front of the bay door”.

Thus, a short employee of the car wash could have moved the driver’s seat forward.

Page 11 of the 62 page document has this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B717FUtKwdU8M1pJOVc5aDNRZzg/view?pli=1
Detective Wolf and myself went to the Zakars Car Wash….. where RON’S vehicle was found. I talked to the owner of the business, RMJ. Mr J stated that on 07-10-96 when his employees found the vehicle they tried to start it so they could move the car out from in front of the bay door, but the car would not start, so they pushed it over to the side.

I suppose the car is long gone? Otherwise LE could use new crime technology on it and see what they could come up with.
That's a good question. Since it was never solved/still open perhaps they do? Would the family know or is there a way to find it online? I believe the frustration over not fingerprinting it. We had a major theft at my Mom's home where they took everything inside and outside the home including the pets and vehicles. In broad daylight with no witnesses. I was the one who actually found her truck and instructed the responding officer of how big a case it was and specifically asked to have it fingerprinted. It was almost like he was not going to do it just because of that. So I understand that frustration.

Several years ago we had a guy casing our house for a burglary at Christmas time. He asked to use our phone cuz his snowmobile broke down.

We had a cordless phone and he used it. When he left, hubby realized that it was not plugged in so the conversation the would be burglar had could not happen.

I called my neighbor cuz the snowmobile was actually broken down by his house so I was wondering if he knew anything, The guy had used his phone as well.

We called the Sheriff and when they came out and I suggested they print the phone, he laughed and said they don't do that. Huh????

Anyway, hubby went out and followed the snowmobile tracks to a neighbor's house.

This time we called the constable and he came out. He said there was a guy in that family that had just been released from the work farm for burglary. Probably for Christmas. Sweet!

He said cuz the guy had not committed a crime, to go over there would be considered harrassment by LE. The constable did say that he would go over and pay the guy a friendly Christmas visit just to see how he was doing.

We have not been able to afford a constable for years. Our constables lived in the community and they knew the residents. What a difference that made, I feel.

Just a nostalgic pic from Zakar's Car Wash (in front of the first red roofed building), March 1996, 2002 (for a better picture) and today, completely gone. The car wash was closed and demolished in 2009:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pics from Google Earth https://www.google.com/earth/

-Nin

Attachments

• zakar car wash in 1996.jpg
    zakar car wash in 1996.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 313
  • zakar car wash in 2002.jpg
    zakar car wash in 2002.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 313
  • zakar car wash location today cropped.jpg
    zakar car wash location today cropped.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 311
I guess I just didn't realize one could simply refuse to speak to the police. I'm reacquainting myself with the afore mentioned unsolved murder and am speechless that, short of direct DNA evidence or other very specific clues, one can just refuse to speak to the authorities. I realize that is very simplified in most cases and I'm all for keeping our constitutional rights but it wouldn't cross my mind that I had much of an option. I don't know if this makes any sense at all. Just surprised.

If I could ask our VI - was RM close to CWW in 1996? Do we have his whereabouts at the time?

According to document ^^, RM was interviewed in Booneville Correctional Centre on 30April1998 so am interested in when he was incarcerated.

Questioneverything, what was the relationship between Ronnie and the "reporting party" on page 1. This is the only person who claims Ronnie borrowed money from CWW for crack? I tend to believe all the other witnesses that claim CWW owed Ronnie!

Truthfully, I never had the opportunity to meet MS. I met CWW several times and did not care for him at all. The kind of person who has dead eyes and even though their words are cheerful and appear charming, the hairs on the back of your neck stand up when he's around. That was my personal experience with him and so I avoided contact when I could. I learned long ago to trust my instincts when it concerns people and I believe I can safely say I was right in my assessment of CWW.

At some point during high school MS moved to a different town and Graduated from Fox High School I believe. I can't say if MS hung out with any of the other suspects. As close as CWW and MS were, I would say that MS knew JLW, even if just as his best friends brother.

Originally, all lived in Hillsboro MO or very near in one of the other small towns surrounding Hillsboro. MS moved sometime during High School, possibly to Fenton since he Graduated from Fox High School. Fenton was smaller back then, but I doubt it was smaller by too much. You also should remember that the population of 4000 refers only to those withing the city limits of Fenton - not those who live in the Fenton area zip code as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska
Back