NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought I had read earlier on that Savannah was adopted by a family member!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I swear I heard or read the same thing!!! I want to say a sister even. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I just assumed the man in her pic is her new hubby Robert peat of crap!

From what she said with the pic I believe it is her new husband. "This is the first picture i have of Robert and I as a couple"

I'm still stuck on the fact the adoptive mom gave her up at age 15 for a man. There has to be more to that story. It's not hard to find the couple on FB. Just saying.
I'm 100% sad that this young lady had no one to turn to.
Imo.

http://kstp.com/news/savannah-lecki...rl-adpopted-mom-feared-dead-missouri/4569768/

From adopted mother:
"She was a child that I prayed for and God gave me," she said. "As a young teen, she began to experience problems at home."

The family says Savannah has autism and was not able to get the attention or help she needed at home.

"We sat down as a family to discuss the best options to figure out what was best for her," she said.

Leckie-Montague said she and her fiancée decided the best option for the young teen would be to allow her to live with her biological mother on a farm in rural Western Ozark County in Missouri.
"We have been co-parenting with her," Steeves said. "The farm just seemed like a really good place for her to explore and find herself."

This does not set well with me.... what "help and attention" did she need that could not be provided? Savannah was apparently high functioning, and beautiful. I hope there is more to this (not blaming the adopted family at all, I am sure they had thought this through and orobably feel awful now)

I thought I had read earlier on that Savannah was adopted by a family member!

I read the the same thing!

ETA:

WE read it, but I think we misunderstood who was the sister/relative. it is the sister of Savannah's aunt: http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_0540d730-7d38-11e7-8b39-dbe7793684ab.html?mode=jqm
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay-Bold]Savannah's aunt Lisa Orn told the Times Tuesday that although Ruud is Savannah's biological mother, the girl had been adopted at birth by Lisa's sister, Tamile. The girl is said to have lived in Minnesota with her adopted family from infancy until last year, when she moved in with her biological mother at Ruud's home in the Longrun area. Savannah was 15 years old at that time. Lisa said Tamile is still Savannah's legal parent.[/FONT][/FONT]

Thank you Spellbound for finding that! :)

Very few cases "shock" me anymore (call me jaded), but this poor girl...it's hard for me to read this thread. The story gets worse every time I check.

And another question. If these remains were burned over and over and still recognizable, how the hell did Steven Avery burn Teresa Halbach to nearly nothing in a burn barrel in only 2-3 hours?

I don't think this is a fair comparison given that many believe Avery had nothing to do with the burning of Halbach's body.

Very few cases "shock" me anymore (call me jaded), but this poor girl...it's hard for me to read this thread. The story gets worse every time I check.

I hear ya! I feel the same. I want to walk away and protect my heart/head, but I cannot do that. I am pulled back to here constantly. I want to wake up from this nightmare and have it all be a mistake. reality sucks so bad now. I cannot wrap my head around what people will do. Bad enough to murder, but then desecrate a body in such horrific ways? :mad: It makes it even worse when they are supposed to be the ones who love and protect you. I honestly am sick over what happened to Savannah.

Why does it bother me that bio mom's FB has photos of Savannah in a pretty dress, and later a pic of Mom in the same dress? I know it may have been Mom's and she may have let Savannah borrow it, but it just gives me a creepy feeling now.
Good catch. Guess I'm not very observant, I hadn't seen that. Creepy++++

Why does it bother me that bio mom's FB has photos of Savannah in a pretty dress, and later a pic of Mom in the same dress? I know it may have been Mom's and she may have let Savannah borrow it, but it just gives me a creepy feeling now.

I thought that was odd too.

I read the the same thing!

ETA:

WE read it, but I think we misunderstood who was the sister/relative. it is the sister of Savsnnah's aunt: http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_0540d730-7d38-11e7-8b39-dbe7793684ab.html?mode=jqm

I think you all misunderstood this. By definition, my mom's sister is my aunt. Savannah was adopted. The aunt referenced is not related to RR, she is the sister of Savannah's adopted mother and by that definition, she is Savannah's Aunt.

But this doesn't really seem relevant since we are not supposed to be sleuthing Savannah's adoptive family. They are considered victims under the TOS here. Let's focus on the TWO NAMED SUSPECTS who were living on the same farm as Savannah when she "disappeared". What do these people do for a living-- were they surviving off making soap? How did they purchase a 90 acre property for their farm? Do they have any past criminal records? Are there other children living on that farm? Why was Savannah forced to live in a separate travel trailer?

I have heard that there will be some arrests tday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I haven't looked at her fb, but if it's the dress I'm thinking of it might have been home sewn. People who sew often make exact mother-daughter outfits, so there could be two of that dress. JMO. You're probably right though that bio mom gave it to her and then took it back. :scared:

I didn't see anything saying anyone was recognizable. I just saw bones, teeth, jewelry, etc... Did you see this somewhere?

What I meant is that the remains were recognizable as human remains. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

They were "homesteaders" so they probably do make their own clothes. Its very popular around here. Like i said i live 1 county over from where this happened. People want to "live off the grid".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

They had the dogs out earlier but our temps had been high that week and this was a working (ish) farm so no lack of dead animals.

The two combined were working against the dogs...overheating and non human alerts.

It is noted in the warrant.

What I meant was, why were they investigating the areas where fires were burning at the time they were burning? Surely it occurred to someone that she could be burning evidence??

""She was a child that I prayed for and God gave me," she said. "As a young teen, she began to experience problems at home."

The family says Savannah has autism and was not able to get the attention or help she needed at home.

"We sat down as a family to discuss the best options to figure out what was best for her," she said.

Leckie-Montague said she and her fiancée decided the best option for the young teen would be to allow her to live with her biological mother on a farm in rural Western Ozark County in Missouri.

"We have been co-parenting with her," Steeves said. "The farm just seemed like a really good place for her to explore and find herself.""

(Eta: sorry for double post, I see now Spelly quoted this as well.)

"Tamile said Ruud gave Savannah up for adoption when she was 2 months old, but remained in her life since then, attending family functions.

Savannah Leckie's adoptive family says her biological mother has always been involved in her life, and they thought a visit to her Missouri home would present no danger.

"This was someone we trusted, someone we knew, and we thought our daughter would be safe there," Steeves said. "We didn't conceive something like this could happen.""

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back