NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wrong Savannah thread, Spelly. :winko:

Ha! I know, and I was just coming to find it when it wasn't on the other Savanna's thread ... will move it over. thanks Gardener and Vox! :trout:

RR's appearance in court. Video she's her leaving after the hearing ... she makes strange facial movements and a nod, perhaps to someone in the courtroom (RP?).
@1 minute mark. http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/mom-charged-with-murder-appears-in-court/800333077
While reporters did hear from Ruud Monday, what they heard wasn't much.When she did speak, it was to the judge, who set Ruud's next court appearance (her preliminary hearing) for October 5th and 6th.
Ruud was the most vocal however about her bank accounts.
Toward the end of the arraignment, she asked the judge why her bank accounts had been frozen.
When the judge said she didn't know the answer to that, Ruud followed up by requesting her asthma medication be released from the evidence collection so she could take it while in custody.

First-degree Murder
Second-degree murder
Child abuse resulting in the death of a child
Tampering with evidence
Abandonment of a corpse

Ruud is being held on these charges without bond.

RR's appearance in court. Video she's her leaving after the hearing ... she makes strange facial movements and a nod, perhaps to someone in the courtroom (RP?).
@1 minute mark. http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/mom-charged-with-murder-appears-in-court/800333077

Weird. She gets this slight smile on her face and it's almost like she starts to make a kissing face but stops herself. When I pause the video to try to catch her expression it looks like a sad puppy dog face, like she is a child who got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar. Then the head nod appears to be toward someone else, although I suppose that all these faces could be toward RP.

Her husband was in the courtroom along with other family members

Are there any VI's for this case in the group? Thanks

http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_bcc9c9da-8ead-11e7-b3a3-abf2264b7ee8.html?mode=jqm
or at http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_bcc9c9da-8ead-11e7-b3a3-abf2264b7ee8.html?TNNoMobile

The happy photographic images of Savannah stand in stark contrast to the descriptions of her life reported in court documents that have become public since her charred remains were discovered Aug. 4 on property owned by her biological mother, Rebecca Ruud, who has now been charged with murder.

She was also eager to learn, and she told Jeffery she wanted to be a firefighter when she got old enough. “She wanted to learn everything,” he told the Times. “She couldn’t drive the truck, but I taught her to run the pump. I felt like she was a person I could teach to do things the right way, and I hoped to see that she went through all the classes she needed when she turned 18. She was ready to learn anything she could learn.”
Jeffery said whenever Savannah showed up “it just seemed like she opened up everybody’s heart.”

When Ruud called the sheriff’s office July 20 and reported Savannah missing, a probable runaway, Jeffery and other TAVFD volunteers helped in the search. “I spent over 10 hours that first day, taking my four-wheeler through the woods, looking every place I could think of where she might have dropped something,” he said.

The news that Savannah’s biological mother is the suspect is also a shock. “I do a background check on everyone, and she [Ruud] checked OK,” he said. “We never had any idea this could happen. It’s another blow to the department.”

Jeffery stayed up all night recently planning the memorial service and candlelight vigil the department will hold in Savannah’s honor on Sept. 9 (see related story below). TAVFD plans to purchase a brick in her honor on the Wall of Honor at the Missouri Fire Fighters Memorial in Kingdom City. Her fellow TAVFD firefighters are also purchasing a gravestone-like memorial that will be placed near the firehouse. “We didn’t want to put a plaque on the building, because the next people who came in after we’re all gone might not know her, and it could end up in a closet somewhere. But if we have a headstone, something we can put in the ground and mow over, it’ll be here a long time,” he said.
The headstone and brick in the Wall of Honor aren’t cheap, but they’re something the department wants to do, Jeffery said. “One member offered to pay for the whole thing, and I said no, we all want to be a part of it.”
The department also wants to include the community in remembering Savannah. So, even though she was homeschooled, TAVFD is in the process of setting up a scholarship at Lutie School for students with special needs – a nod to Savannah’s autism diagnosis. Details about how donors may contribute to the fund will be shared in upcoming issues of the Times.
The last few weeks have been hard ones for the TAVFD volunteers, especially their chief. “Since we found out it’s her bones they found, I’ve been haunted by it all,” Jeffery said.

But if we have a headstone, something we can put in the ground and mow over, it’ll be here a long time,” he said.

I'm assuming he is talking about a foot stone, not a headstone! You can't really mow over a headstone. But a foot stone you can mow over because it's a flat stone rectangle! You can order them online now for as low as $150! Just saying..I'd have one sent to the fire department myself but I know they would love to pick out the design that is personal to them or at least maybe let them know that that is an option available to them! To order online! Off grid living and all, alot of people might not know that it's an easier less expensive option available to them rather Than getting one from a funeral home for 10x the price for same thing!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

But if we have a headstone, something we can put in the ground and mow over, it’ll be here a long time,” he said.

I'm assuming he is talking about a foot stone, not a headstone! You can't really mow over a headstone. But a foot stone you can mow over because it's a flat stone rectangle! You can order them online now for as low as $150! Just saying..I'd have one sent to the fire department myself but I know they would love to pick out the design that is personal to them or at least maybe let them know that that is an option available to them! To order online! Off grid living and all, alot of people might not know that it's an easier less expensive option available to them rather Than getting one from a funeral home for 10x the price for same thing!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
No, he meant a headstone, although not the traditional one you would find in a memorial park cemetery. Many cemeteries that either struggle under the burden of providing "perpetual care" as once was promised for a loved one's burial site, or a plan to be an open area of beautiful, unobtrusive greenspace that invites reflection, now have headstones that are flush with the ground. Easy to mow, not so easy to vandalize, and no footstones needed to denote individual burials around a family headstone.

Especially in a public space, as adjoining a firehouse, a simple memorial stone is probably the best choice. Her firefighter friends have given a deal of careful and caring thought. I only wish all the adults involved were half as caring for this child, and far less focused on their more-urgent desire to bend to the demands of their sexual partners.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So there is supposed to be a Special Grand Jury today at 9am CT - so in an hour & half??

Grand jury is to look at facts & circumstances surrounding Savannah's death. I'm guessing we won't know anything of "what goes on" in there....

So there is supposed to be a Special Grand Jury today at 9am CT - so in an hour & half??

Grand jury is to look at facts & circumstances surrounding Savannah's death. I'm guessing we won't know anything of "what goes on" in there....

Grand Juries are closed to public and press.. and they can take a bit of time, as well. They can subpeona and inquire down any avenue of interest pertaining the case they choose.

I highly doubt it will be a quick indictment, though I expect a true bill on a number of charges.

http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_3fb6b882-931b-11e7-919c-afdc602c2d46.html

Quote from article:
Carter’s order to convene the grand jury doesn’t mention Ruud by name, but it is believed that the purpose of the newly summoned grand jury is to look into the facts and circumstances surrounding the death of Savannah, whom Ruud reported missing July 20. The girl had been adopted soon after birth and grew up in Minnesota with occasional contact with her birth mother. In 2016, she moved to Ozark County to live with Ruud.

I know that she has a prelim hearing Oct. 5 & 6th....

RIP, Savannah.

Sending positive energy to the Grand Jury & prosecution team!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Selby1974
Back