MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Officer Bookout mentioned ll the people at the Levitt/Streeter house, wht was the purpose of gathering there. And why did Janis seem to not know people were holding a sort of vigil for her daughter? I feel like if you are looking for someone pre cellphone era you would start at their home. Why didn't anyone call to see if Stacy had stopped at home?
YES they stopped at SA’s house to look for them but not Stacy’s. The only likely reason I can see for not going to the McCall’s is if JK feared getting her friend in trouble with her parents.

YES they stopped at SA’s house to look for them but not Stacy’s. The only likely reason I can see for not going to the McCall’s is if JK feared getting her friend in trouble with her parents.
If she was doing something that they didn't want her parents to know about is it something that is still being hidden?

I thought I read that they looked at the plate because pawning too many teeth looks shady and they wanted to be sure they reported it right. I don't know if I heard that on here or one of the newspaper articles. Neither is totally reliable. I could see someone doing that.

Nope just a rumor.

Speaking of Suzie's car they didn't mention her distinctive license plate or that her and Stacy supposedly drove separately.

Nope community center on Commercial Street. Your sources are wrong. I also verified with one of the band members.
Thanks.

But why does Asher say he passed out up near the tracks? Is it possible he did that then met up with Mike after?

Thanks.

But why does Asher say he passed out up near the tracks? Is it possible he did that then met up with Mike after?

That I have no idea about. I don’t know why Asher said any of his lies especially since I have proof he did in fact lie.

So the “community center” they played at? Would that be 518 E Commercial? That’s the only one showing up. That was “New To You” in 1992. So what other venue could it have been? The shops and bars are not community centers... so was that the name? If you can tell me address that would be helpful. I will keep digging. Was told by a really close source to that it was Culley’s, but maybe they misremembered.

Last edited:
The internal disagreement between LE on the (3) GR’s [potential involvement] has constantly stood out like a sore thumb to me over the years.

Specifically, WHO wanted these three cleared? Their actions and words embody that of the lowest form of human evolution — and that isn’t easy.

A huge problem I think with this case is the fact you don’t know what’s real and what was staged.

The house for example could of been in a completely different state than what the police saw when they arrived.

We have all made a big deal about the purses being lined up on top one another but how many people could of done that during the day when searching for information?

It’s been reported that Janis wasn’t comfortable being in the home and she kept thinking that Sherrill would turn up and ask them what was going on. Yet we have reports that multiple people trampled though that crime scene that day and yet that was certainly not normal as Sherrill was intensely private. We had people that cleaned up as well According to reports to help out.

how many kids that have just graduated high school pop over to a home uninvited and think “ let’s all have a clean up on the same day 3 women have just been kidnapped from that spot?

This case whoever did this is close to home and the few clues we do have I think point that. The profiler said the same at least 1 of these perps knew the women.

I go back and forth on one of the grave robbers helping out somebody higher up the food chain to pull this off but murder is a huge step up from being a juvenile delinquent. They also were not the most intelligent of criminals either so unless they had a lot of help I can’t see how they could of pulled it off.

IMO

The internal disagreement between LE on the (3) GR’s [potential involvement] has constantly stood out like a sore thumb to me over the years.

Specifically, WHO wanted these three cleared? Their actions and words embody that of the lowest form of human evolution — and that isn’t easy.

Cleared of what?

A huge problem I think with this case is the fact you don’t know what’s real and what was staged.

The house for example could of been in a completely different state than what the police saw when they arrived.

We have all made a big deal about the purses being lined up on top one another but how many people could of done that during the day when searching for information?

It’s been reported that Janis wasn’t comfortable being in the home and she kept thinking that Sherrill would turn up and ask them what was going on. Yet we have reports that multiple people trampled though that crime scene that day and yet that was certainly not normal as Sherrill was intensely private. We had people that cleaned up as well According to reports to help out.

how many kids that have just graduated high school pop over to a home uninvited and think “ let’s all have a clean up on the same day 3 women have just been kidnapped from that spot?

This case whoever did this is close to home and the few clues we do have I think point that. The profiler said the same at least 1 of these perps knew the women.

I go back and forth on one of the grave robbers helping out somebody higher up the food chain to pull this off but murder is a huge step up from being a juvenile delinquent. They also were not the most intelligent of criminals either so unless they had a lot of help I can’t see how they could of pulled it off.

IMO

It's weird that people were hanging out when they had no reason to believe Sherrill was with Suzy and Stacy. Can you imagine coming home to that? Sherrill didn't but is it possible people knew she wouldn't be?

It's weird that people were hanging out when they had no reason to believe Sherrill was with Suzy and Stacy. Can you imagine coming home to that? Sherrill didn't but is it possible people knew she wouldn't be?
That’s an excellent point!! Short of going through the purses why would anyone have thought Sherrill was with them?

That’s an excellent point!! Short of going through the purses why would anyone have thought Sherrill was with them?
If you believe your friends are missing or you can't find them, why wouldn't you start at both their houses? I get that it's possible no one wanted to get Stacy in trouble but if friends were holding back they didn't do her any favors. It's very presumptuous to make yourself at home in a friends house that you think is missing and then have other people over.

But also who is telling the truth?

And if we’re to believe Mike Clay is honest about Suzie’s car and of Dustin’s alibi, then why did Asher say what he said?

Lots of inaccuracies here that I wish we could get to the bottom of. Because GUESS WHAT! Sgt. Dave Asher is the source for ALL the early reporting. He reported many things directly to the press if it wasn’t Capt. Tony Glenn. And Glenn worked right alongside Asher!

So was Mike Clay being framed/set up by the cops? Is that what we’re going with here?

And you’re right, Chief Knowles cleared the grave robbers. Moore hinted in Crime Watch Daily that they weren’t cleared by “some of us” and then you have Asher saying they’re straight up still considered suspects despite having no fingerprints in the house. Operative word “in the house” but there was never a sign of struggle and some hand thought the crime might have taken place in the yard (I don’t think that).

But we have to know if we can trust Asher or not. He’s straight up the source for most of the early reporting....

It shows at the very least that Asher doesn’t give a *advertiser censored* about their polygraph. Nor Bartt’s. So everyone is on the table now.

Last edited:
If you believe your friends are missing or you can't find them, why wouldn't you start at both their houses? I get that it's possible no one wanted to get Stacy in trouble but if friends were holding back they didn't do her any favors. It's very presumptuous to make yourself at home in a friends house that you think is missing and then have other people over.
I think Janelle knew or felt something was up because she called another friend’s mom from Sherrill’s to ask if she should lock the door when her and Mike left. This was after she told Janis that Stacy had stayed the night with Suzie.
Clipping from The Springfield News-Leader - Newspapers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member