MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does Steve Garrison have prime information of the abductions??? No one has explained that....and what’s his connection to the women ?

I have the same question. I would refer folks to go back to the very first thread. About post #25 there is a poster with the handle of “raisencharlie” who speaks of SG if the description is accurate. I can’t think of anyone who would fit that description that closely. The upshot is that he never had information that proved useful.

It is easy and convenient to single out the Robbs for most every crime that occurred. They were some rough customers by all accounts. I think he was likely peddling jailhouse rumors and hopefully would get lucky and hit on the right information and he would get a free get out of jail card.

It was asserted by a certain long time poster (elsewhere) that SG couldn’t reveal the actual location of the bodies because his lawyer said he would be charged as an accessory to the crime. So he clammed up. I am dubious of this and I was only able to talk to him for a brief time as I had not actually anticipated his call.

One wonders if they were not out of the slammer if they would ever had ever been on the police radar. The one I would be most interested in would be the one who was not in jail until recently. I think he is actually back in jail last I heard. Hard to believe they would be tasked with removing three women based on their “unsuccessful” criminal history.

As to the three grave robbers, the only thing that will ever truly remove them from the suspect list is for the other two to speak out publicly. Especially Dustin Recla. I am not enamored with his stated reason for not speaking out. I think he needs to clear up some questions regarding his whereabouts. Otherwise it will always be out there muddying up the water.

So, in summary, if the most likely suspects are removed, we are running out of suspects. I’ve named my prime suspect. I would like someone else to produce some viable suspects. Thus far I have seen none.

I find it very strange that Janelle did not call Mrs McCall on the morning she went over to the Delmar residence with the strange situation of all their belongings and cars being there but no sign of them!? Surly she would of been excited to get together to go white water? Why not call and ask Janice if she had heard from Stacey and explain what she had found. It would of been the front door unlocked and purses in the same room that would of set alarm bells ringing for me

So, in summary, if the most likely suspects are removed, we are running out of suspects. I’ve named my prime suspect. I would like someone else to produce some viable suspects. Thus far I have seen none.

My fear is that the person/s who did this were never on the radar. Or perhaps mentioned to LE or reported in a tip, but for whatever reason excluded or dismissed. Person/people that we don't even know exist. I do, however, feel that there are people who know what happened, or have suspicions, but for whatever reason have chosen to keep their mouths shut. Maybe out of fear, or possibly to protect someone. Or maybe they feel that at least one of the three deserved what happened to them.

I'm too early in the case to name a suspect. As I said before, I'm very frustrated at the massive amount of inconsistencies of even the most trivial details of the case. I would love to read a book about this case but I am always cautious about doing so, as in the past I have read books on cases and later realized how biased and sometimes blatantly incorrect they were. If anyone has any suggestions as to a book on this case that is relatively objective and factual please could anyone please post the name and author.

Last edited:
My fear is that the person/s who did this were never on the radar. Or perhaps mentioned to LE or reported in a tip, but for whatever reason excluded or dismissed. Person/people that we don't even know exist. I do, however, feel that there are people who know what happened, or have suspicions, but for whatever reason have chosen to keep their mouths shut. Maybe out of fear, or possibly to protect someone. Or maybe they feel that at least one of the three deserved what happened to them.

I'm too early in the case to name a suspect. As I said before, I'm very frustrated at the massive amount of inconsistencies of even the most trivial details of the case. I would love to read a book about this case but I am always cautious about doing so, as in the past I have read books on cases and later realized how biased and sometimes blatantly incorrect they were. If anyone has any suggestions as to a book on this case that is relatively objective please could anyone please post the name and author.
I can’t recommend a book as I haven’t read any but I’ve followed this case for about 10years and read all message boards watched YouTube listen to podcasts, Facebook and I’ll tell you now my suspects have changed a dozen times my thoughts of who did it? Why? Where etc change constantly lol there is so much info out there as soon as I think yes this is who why,I read something else and boom it changes again ‍♀️

I can’t recommend a book as I haven’t read any but I’ve followed this case for about 10years and read all message boards watched YouTube listen to podcasts, Facebook and I’ll tell you now my suspects have changed a dozen times my thoughts of who did it? Why? Where etc change constantly lol there is so much info out there as soon as I think yes this is who why,I read something else and boom it changes again ‍♀️

LOL yes I've noticed! There is just so much out there, I am avoiding FB and Reddit and places like that for now, I'm trying to just watch the documentary-type shows and read here and old news articles, the problem I'm finding is that this case is so old, so many of the links are dead. I would love to know who Stacy's mom feels is responsible for the disappearances!

As for your previous post re: Janelle, yes I agree, it's the one glaring oddity in the case that I just can't get past. Either she knew the girls were never at Stacy's, or she was avoiding (stalling?) bringing Stacy's mother into the mix of things. I can't think of any other reason.

Regardless of what your thoughts are on Janelle she was supposedly a friend of Stacy and Suzie and one of the last people to see them alive and the first notice they were missing. She could have information that she doesn't realize is important or maybe she didn't tell the truth or she left things out because she was a kid. If this case were to get new detectives looking into it, Janelle would be someone that they would hopefully question. Even as a witness to that evening.
They did question her. A lot. Her famous words: “dont you all talk to each other?”
Janelle was brought through the wringer and everyone around her was interviewed many times over.....and nothing. .

LOL yes I've noticed! There is just so much out there, I am avoiding FB and Reddit and places like that for now, I'm trying to just watch the documentary-type shows and read here and old news articles, the problem I'm finding is that this case is so old, so many of the links are dead. I would love to know who Stacy's mom feels is responsible for the disappearances!

As for your previous post re: Janelle, yes I agree, it's the one glaring oddity in the case that I just can't get past. Either she knew the girls were never at Stacy's, or she was avoiding (stalling?) bringing Stacy's mother into the mix of things. I can't think of any other reason.
Or people are making wild assumptions based on bad reporting by Newsleader and she just simply the first to notice they were missing.....

No one had answered this question:

how did Steve Garrison acquire “prime info” of the abductions??????!

Isn’t that an assumption? Where is it written by anyone in authority who believed he did?

Now let me throw a monkey wrench in here and I don’t have the exact quotes but this is my recollection. I have copies of two letters of Robert Cox where he discusses the case with a Springfield reporter. Additionally there are allegedly 19 other letters written to and from a banned poster here. I attempted to get copies of those letters as I wanted to pay a visit to Cox where is is or was housed in Lovelady, Texas.

At that time I was living only 65 miles from there and I wanted to take his measure by visiting with him in person. Unfortunately I was never able to obtain those copies as the alleged possessor of those letters reneged on his promise to let me have those copies. I wanted to be as fully briefed and aware of his manipulative nature. I let it drop and subsequently moved.

How does this fit with Garrison? If one examines Cox’s letters they will note that what he said about the investigation virtually is a word for word statement of how they both believed the cops could have solved this in the first few weeks except for their apparent incompetence.

They could have both been blowing smoke but I’m not a big believer in coincidences.

I really don’t understand why most everyone thinks Cox is not a good suspect. He worked the area as a utility locator and would probably had occasion to come across Suzie. And then there is the matter of the hour long interview that the reporter, Dennis Graves, for KY3 was deemed important to the case.

Springfield News-Leader
Posted: Fri 10:18 AM, Jun 07, 2019 |
Updated: Fri 1:49 PM, Jun 07, 201

People in Springfield still wonder where the missing women could be, but there’s also the question of who took them. In 1996 KY3 investigative reporter Dennis Graves traveled to a Texas prison to interview Robert Craig Cox.

Cox, once convicted of murdering a woman in Florida, had been in Springfield at the time of the disappearance and had been questioned by police. Cox claimed he was home alone in bed that night. Graves extensively interviewed Cox hoping for a clue. Cox eventually shared his theory on the case.

“I know that they’re dead-- I will say that. I know that.”

“That’s not a theory?”

“Yeah but I just know-- I just know that they’re dead-- there’s no doubt about that.”

“But this gentleman would open up to the same extent with a bunch of police investigators that he did with Mr. Graves.”

Graves’ interview was subpoenaed by authorities and presented before a grand jury called on the case in 1996. That grand jury never handed down any charges.”

Cox came up with the phony alibi about his attending church with his girlfriend. Under GJ questioning she recanted this account as it never happened. He was a bald faced liar. Why?

Going back to the statements of Cox and Garrison, it seemed passing strange they were virtually identical.

Last edited:
The Newsleader Article about “an informant” stated that he had prime knowledge of the abduction.....and it was later revealed it was garrison since that informant led them to a “south of Fordland” farm..

so again, how did Garrison obtain this knowledge???

You’re stubborn about your pet theory without doing any additional research, confirming her and others’ alibis, interviewing their friends, etc, etc....

she had an alibi that night and cops reinterviewed her multiple times to confirm times etc .... they still always came back to Steve Garrison...

like some1 else said,, this isnt breaking bad teen cleanup crew
You’re quite sure that nothing happened at the graduation parties, I assume you did do the the research and interviews stated above. If you could enlighten me on the following, I would be able to move on to other suspects.

1. Where was MH between the time the girls left and when he and JK arrived at Suzies? What was HIS alibi?

2. Why hasn’t MH spoken about his version of the night, it’s always JK telling the story. Why haven’t the SPD ever commented on what he said happened?

3. Another Kickapoo grad C. King, lived across the street from Stacy, reported his car stolen, a red Chevy cavalier, on Monday June 8, one day after the girls were reported missing. Was his car ever found? If so, where did they find it?

4. What make, model and color vehicles did MH, BJ and Dusty Drive?

5. Did the police ever search all of Butterfield Place? On the Greene County Recorder there was a deed from KG(BJ mom) to RK(JK dad) in 2013, this was Butterfield #7. In 2009 there was a deed from DG(BJ stepfather) to RK again, this one was for Butterfield #1. The Kirby’s lived in Butterfield Place #2. This was a lot of land, was it thoroughly searched early on? All three properties are still owned by Kirby family members.

The Newsleader Article about “an informant” stated that he had prime knowledge of the abduction.....and it was later revealed it was garrison since that informant led them to a “south of Fordland” farm..

so again, how did Garrison obtain this knowledge???

That ‘prime knowledge “was bogus information. He has never produced any actionable information I know of.

You’re quite sure that nothing happened at the graduation parties, I assume you did do the the research and interviews stated above. If you could enlighten me on the following, I would be able to move on to other suspects.

1. Where was MH between the time the girls left and when he and JK arrived at Suzies? What was HIS alibi?

2. Why hasn’t MH spoken about his version of the night, it’s always JK telling the story. Why haven’t the SPD ever commented on what he said happened?

3. Another Kickapoo grad C. King, lived across the street from Stacy, reported his car stolen, a red Chevy cavalier, on Monday June 8, one day after the girls were reported missing. Was his car ever found? If so, where did they find it?

4. What make, model and color vehicles did MH, BJ and Dusty Drive?

5. Did the police ever search all of Butterfield Place? On the Greene County Recorder there was a deed from KG(BJ mom) to RK(JK dad) in 2013, this was Butterfield #7. In 2009 there was a deed from DG(BJ stepfather) to RK again, this one was for Butterfield #1. The Kirby’s lived in Butterfield Place #2. This was a lot of land, was it thoroughly searched early on? All three properties are still owned by Kirby family members.
Why would they need to be searched on?

again being the first to know they’re missing isn’t proof of anything......need evidence

what makes you think FBI or SPD wouldnt sniff out the first thing forum people cling to when they hear about this case? Famed profilers from around the country. MSHP, GCS, MOCIC all assisted..... also MOCIC is only involved in criminal gang cases.. (Goose involvement imo)....

Why would they need to be searched on?

again being the first to know they’re missing isn’t proof of anything......need evidence

what makes you think FBI or SPD wouldnt sniff out the first thing forum people cling to when they hear about this case? Famed profilers from around the country. MSHP, GCS, MOCIC all assisted..... also MOCIC is only involved in criminal gang cases.. (Goose involvement imo)....

Be open to other ideas or theories. There is nothing that suggests you have the answers nor does anyone else. Pretending that the people that last saw Suzie and Stacy aren’t relevant isn’t helping anyone. It doesn’t mean someone is guilty if they are the last to see someone alive it means they might have information that is important even if they don’t realize it.

Be open to other ideas or theories. There is nothing that suggests you have the answers nor does anyone else. Pretending that the people that last saw Suzie and Stacy aren’t relevant isn’t helping anyone. It doesn’t mean someone is guilty if they are the last to see someone alive it means they might have information that is important even if they don’t realize it.
Ive investigated that angle and see no evidence Janelle kidnapped and murdered 3 women...

Ive investigated that angle and see no evidence Janelle kidnapped and murdered 3 women...

You have not shown any concrete info that Garrison was involved. Your idea is as much a theory as anybody else’s.

Mule - Cox could be involved as I don’t understand why he needed a fake alibi but it could be as simple he knew his reputation so was worried he would be in the frame for it.

as shown with his history he was capable of doing this.

Information stated that garrison told info to spd that was unknown to the public which led to the search then a gag order was placed so there must be some truth into this. And something must have been found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia