MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be open to other ideas or theories. There is nothing that suggests you have the answers nor does anyone else. Pretending that the people that last saw Suzie and Stacy aren’t relevant isn’t helping anyone. It doesn’t mean someone is guilty if they are the last to see someone alive it means they might have information that is important even if they don’t realize it.
Good points. Also, does anyone really know the very last place the girls went? The girls may have gone to another location for a while before arriving at Delmar. If that's the case, then Janelle wouldn't be the last person to see them alive. Was there a nearby place, possibly outdoors, where the teenagers meet? A place they probably didn't tell any parents about? That would be a good place to go take a close look at.

Well. I'm just asking. When we talk about the disappearance, I wonder if someone believes they are still alive (unlikely to me, but who knows...).
I see no chance that they are alive. If you Google that address, it takes you to Trulia. Trulia has 29 good pictures of the house and yard on there. There's an old she'd in the back yard. I wonder if it could have been theirs?

I think that’s why I’m glad Sherrill’s sister has been interviewed more recently. The way the media portrayed Suzie and Sherrill was likely another factor in preventing this case from moving forward, and it’s almost as if we’re meant to believe they were somehow to blame for what happened to them.
I wonder if anyone has gone to any nearby areas and did their own physical searching? Looking for possible markers then conducting your own search might help.

I have recently started reading about this case. My heart breaks in half for these three women. I want so badly for there to be justice for them. I wish we knew who took them. I wish we knew where. I wish it never happened. No one deserved this. I'm sending them light and love wherever they are.

Some thoughts: I DO think the "obscene phone calls" are significant. Just a gut feeling, nothing more.

I DO think the shattered globe to the outside light is significant too. I read someone say on an old websleuths thread that criminals will remove an outside light and LE is trained to look for that. I had never heard that but it makes sense to me. I think this shattered globe was an attempt at removing the light bulb. Again, a gut feeling. No facts to back these up.
If they didn't do it they are more interested in covering their butts than solving this case.

I’ve read that SPD has insider information that has been withheld from the public. (IE the Garrison tip and the America’s most wanted call) After 27 years why would they possibly be withholding this?
Many reasons..

“open and ongoing investigation” if you ask Chief Paul Williams

until it’s declared closed or cold they wont release jack......

I hear you. In many cases it is that way, but in this situation; I don't believe it is as simple as that. If there was a physical clue left behind; Surely word of it would of got out by the 16-20 people that contaminated the crime scene. So if not physical, What would the insider knowledge be?

Many reasons..

“open and ongoing investigation” if you ask Chief Paul Williams

until it’s declared closed or cold they wont release jack......

Well it is cold so that’s ridiculous. Can the family not demand they release the files as didn’t Jennifer Kesse (sp) family do that this year as they want it solved and LE had obviously dropped the ball??

I know Bartt has multiple issues so it’s more understandable on his part but I just can not fathom not wanting to do more even at this juncture of the case. I admire family’s like Dylan Redwine’s and Jennifer Kesse who have never given up in their pursuit of justice for their loved ones. Fighting is all they can do to bring justice and be it 1 year , 5 years or 20 years keep it going if not for themselves for the deceased.

SPD declares it open. It’s not cold... as long as its open they wont release info that’ll hurt the case..

Gag orders on Garrisons digs and convos wont be released until closed..

they already hurt this case so much by making so much of it public.....they wont make that mistake again imo

They won’t release info thatll hurt the case to satisfy peoples curiosity

When was the last update from whoever is currently heading the case? Do they periodically appeal for information or anything? I haven't seen much of that but i haven't followed it as much as you guys.

I think it's a bit harsh to criticize the family, it's been nearly 30 years and none of us (i assume) have been through something like this so we can't really hold it against them for not continually promoting this especially when almost everyone says LE won't tell anyone anything. Bartt is also or was at least a suspect so if he wasn't involved (i don't think he was) then he's being smart not interacting with LE or the media about the case, doing exactly that has played a major role in wrongful convictions. Any decent lawyer would tell a suspected family member to not go near the case.

They dont so updates except maybe a small statement to a local news station on 5 year marks. You won’t hear much until it’s solved or maybe something at 30 year mark....

wouldn’t hold my breath. you could always FOIA but they’ll just tell you it’s an open investigation and leave it at that....believe me I tried

Befriend Detective Thomas or Asher on facebook and try asking them for info.... or message every LE associated with case or on MOCIC and ask them

or you guys could do what PIs do and get boots on the ground in springfield and investigate yourself.......answers are there imo

Haha - will people pay for my plane fare and hotels if I visit Springfield as that’s the only way I will ever visit ? :D:D:D

I find it laughable that they won’t release information because the case is still open. I bet you people are not actively working this case daily. If they get 1 tip a month then they will check it out. But it’s not “working it as we would know it”.

Moo

They dont so updates except maybe a small statement to a local news station on 5 year marks. You won’t hear much until it’s solved or maybe something at 30 year mark....

wouldn’t hold my breath. you could always FOIA but they’ll just tell you it’s an open investigation and leave it at that....believe me I tried

Befriend Detective Thomas or Asher on facebook and try asking them for info.... or message every LE associated with case or on MOCIC and ask them

or you guys could do what PIs do and get boots on the ground in springfield and investigate yourself.......answers are there imo

Yeah, i've used FOIA for mafia members. They look for the slightest reason to deny you because they know you probably won't go to the expense of challenging them in court. That's with cases where everyone involved is dead there's no way they'd entertain a request in an active case even if it's not really active, too easy to dismiss your request even if you took them to court.

Was there a big update at the 20 year mark in 2012? Like i said i'm pretty new to this case so i wasn't around then.

I'm not a fan of PI's for the most part, in every case i know of PI's involvement all i've seen them do is muddy the waters or branch off on their own and start peddling conspiracy theories against the wishes of the family (or whoever) who hired them. I'm sure there's ethical PI's out there but i'm not familiar with any.

Haha - will people pay for my plane fare and hotels if I visit Springfield as that’s the only way I will ever visit ? :D:D:D

I find it laughable that they won’t release information because the case is still open. I bet you people are not actively working this case daily. If they get 1 tip a month then they will check it out. But it’s not “working it as we would know it”.

Moo
Then you will have to practice patience.. A lot is found online imo......... gotta know how to use case net and request info from SPD on closed cases, get documents, call prisoners, message people like RS, manipulate people close to the women for info, etc

cant be lazy,, gotta earn it

Yeah, i've used FOIA for mafia members. They look for the slightest reason to deny you because they know you probably won't go to the expense of challenging them in court. That's with cases where everyone involved is dead there's no way they'd entertain a request in an active case even if it's not really active, too easy to dismiss your request even if you took them to court.

Was there a big update at the 20 year mark in 2012? Like i said i'm pretty new to this case so i wasn't around then.

I'm not a fan of PI's for the most part, in every case i know of PI's involvement all i've seen them do is muddy the waters or branch off on their own and start peddling conspiracy theories against the wishes of the family (or whoever) who hired them. I'm sure there's ethical PI's out there but i'm not familiar with any.
Yes springfield pd released a statement on the profile of the person they are After.....confirms they know who did it and just need evidence

This is creepy and wrong, hope anyone "close to the women" are reading this and know now not to talk to any internet sleuths.
You take it that way but it’s how PIs do their job

it’s nothing bad....it’s just asking the right people the right questions is all

I believe the police still suspect Robert Craig Cox. Does anyone know if Cox mother is still living? Cox has stated in the past that he will reveal information after his mother passes away. Cox is 60 years old now, so his mother is getting up there in age. I would assume when that time comes, he will still keep quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia