MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... we, an amateur sleuthing group, have got a better handle on this case and the suspect/s than LE and the FBI because ... we've come up with questions that NO investigator has ever come up with before? That's pretty vain, in my opinion, and no where close to the truth.
Then why don’t you believe the cops on Garrison and claim of multiple perps ?...
TIA

Why inept ?? Explain if you don’t mind..

Why inept ?? Explain if you don’t mind..

because of how the case was handled and you even had detectives saying they didn’t agree with how some things were done and speaking out on the weird practices that was used in this case.

Also as I said the Van on the lawn which probably wasn’t involved and derailed the investigation. People who may of had information who saw that van parked on the police lawn or heard about that van and thought their information couldn’t be of any value because it was that van involved.

All IMO

Stacy’s mom Janice recalls it wasn't like her daughter to go somewhere and not call.

“I’m afraid that something’s happened to her. As far as I know all of her things are still at Susie’s. Her purse is there, her keys are there her shoes are there her shorts are there. As far as I know the only thing she still has is her yellow shirt

Funny how Janelle is also a human being and she couldn’t grasp that knowledge even though she arrived at the home about 9am and then had all day to process that information but still did absolutely nothing with that knowledge until the early hours of the evening.

You can all all say to me until the cows come home she is innocent and her I will maintain she knew something. This is the same person who saw what her friend was wearing for multiple hours and saw her at 2am. She KNEW being their friends they couldn’t share clothing because Suzie was 20 lbs lighter than Stacey.

Janelle’s story doesn’t add up!!!

MOO

I agree @asyousay

To some people this case is about proving their own theory right. I'm not trying to prove my own theory right. I just want justice.

No, I do not think I know more than LE or THE FBI. @Catmammy but one has to look at how the Springfield police handled this case. There were interviews done in restaurants without other officers. Even cops working on the case said the Sheriff / head of whatever had a certain way he wanted this case to be investigated and didn't like steering off his own theories.

I don't believe the kids were ever considered because of the time period. No one back then would want to consider that teenagers could be involved. In the 48 hours episode the police were looking for winged shoes due to a psychic's vision. How idiotic is that? Not to mention they bought a huge green van based on an old woman's nonsense. How can someone here a man talking in the back of a van with the engine running? So many people tried to make themselves part of this case and and their lies and Red Herrings has helped whoever did this keep is quiet.

18 people came inside the house that day and moved and straightened stuff. How did LE not find that suspicious? Again, Graduation night was on coincidence.

I don't claim to be anything but a 26 year old man who developed a fascination with this case and wants to see it solved. I don’t claim to know more or less then anyone else. I just know that almost everything we know about this case stems off the words and timeline of JK.

Last edited:
@Seeker994 - great post :D

Yes I don’t stick to one theory either and I honestly have no idea what happened and the only reason people downplay Janelle is because it’s not their theory. Well I won’t let it go as the timeline is down to Janelle and her story lacks logical sense and farcical. She couldn’t even keep her own story straight on when she started calling the house first thing. That first police report also omitted stuff that Janelle also then claims happened. It’s all highly suspicious IMO

Last edited:
I agree @asyousay

To some people this case is about proving their own theory right. I'm not trying to prove my own theory right. I just want justice.

No, I do not think I know more than LE or THE FBI. @Catmammy but one has to look at how the Springfield police handled this case. There were interviews done in restaurants without other officers. Even cops working on the case said the Sheriff / head of whatever had a certain way he wanted this case to be investigated and didn't like steering off his own theories.

I don't believe the kids were ever considered because of the time period. No one back then would want to consider that teenagers could be involved. In the 48 hours episode the police were looking for winged shoes due to a psychic's vision. How idiotic is that? Not to mention they bought a huge green van based on an old woman's nonsense. How can someone here a man talking in the back of a van with the engine running? So many people tried to make themselves part of this case and and their lies and Red Herrings has helped whoever did this keep is quiet.

18 people came inside the house that day and moved and straightened stuff. How did LE not find that suspicious? Again, Graduation night was on coincidence.

I don't claim to be anything but a 26 year old man who developed a fascination with this case and wants to see it solved. I don’t claim to know more or less then anyone else. I just know that almost everything we know about this case stems off the words and timeline of JK.
I agree. Apparently the SPD police chief also agrees that they mishandled cases and evidence in the past:
"(It was) the culture of the time," he said. "18,000 police agencies around the United States. We were just one of many and I think you would find that was the norm 10-15 years ago in how these cases were investigated and how the evidence was treated. That is absolutely not the case now and hasn't been since 2014. In Springfield, Missouri we test every sexual assault case that comes in and when we retain it for the statute of limitations which may be forever in some cases."

Experts who reviewed Springfield case files at CNN's request called practices they saw in its investigations "disturbing."
Where police failed rape victims
They pressured victims. They didn’t interview suspects. Then they destroyed rape kits.

Experts in the report called Springfield's previous handling of sexual assault cases "old fashioned" and "horrendous" and "showing a true lack of understanding trauma". But Williams says his department's standard operating procedure was no different than others back then.

"We didn't do things right before, but we recognize that now," he said. "We acknowledge that mistakes were made. We were not a victim-centered trauma-informed agency 10 years ago, but now we are."

The CNN criticism stated that his department "stood out for the variety and volume of investigative shortcomings in its handling of rape kits".

CNN reviewed nearly 200 investigations in which Springfield police destroyed rape kits since 2010, and said they found that over 100 were destroyed before the statutes of limitations expired. They also said they found that 75% of those kits were destroyed before they could be sent to a lab for testing.
Questioning the investigation will always be on the table.

Last edited:
Exactly! How do we know the girls left and went back to Delmar? Janelle.

How do we know when they left? Janelle.

How do we know about the broken light? Janelle.

The “mysterious caller” while she was there. Janelle.

Who heard the girls leave? Kathy Kirby, Janelle’s mother.

Who noticed all of their friends items just sitting around the house and did nothing, not even calling her best friends mother to see if they went home.... Janelle.

Who referred to Suzie as “that other girl”. Janelle.

This entire case is baffling to me that psychic investigations and buying a van was more appealing than questioning the party goers even further.

JMO but JK plays heavily into this case.

Attachments

• 96409156-23E1-4EAF-AB18-971B962E17DB.jpeg
    96409156-23E1-4EAF-AB18-971B962E17DB.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 34
I agree. Apparently the SPD police chief also agrees that they mishandled cases and evidence in the past:
"(It was) the culture of the time," he said. "18,000 police agencies around the United States. We were just one of many and I think you would find that was the norm 10-15 years ago in how these cases were investigated and how the evidence was treated. That is absolutely not the case now and hasn't been since 2014. In Springfield, Missouri we test every sexual assault case that comes in and when we retain it for the statute of limitations which may be forever in some cases."

Experts who reviewed Springfield case files at CNN's request called practices they saw in its investigations "disturbing."
Where police failed rape victims
They pressured victims. They didn’t interview suspects. Then they destroyed rape kits.

Experts in the report called Springfield's previous handling of sexual assault cases "old fashioned" and "horrendous" and "showing a true lack of understanding trauma". But Williams says his department's standard operating procedure was no different than others back then.

"We didn't do things right before, but we recognize that now," he said. "We acknowledge that mistakes were made. We were not a victim-centered trauma-informed agency 10 years ago, but now we are."

The CNN criticism stated that his department "stood out for the variety and volume of investigative shortcomings in its handling of rape kits".

CNN reviewed nearly 200 investigations in which Springfield police destroyed rape kits since 2010, and said they found that over 100 were destroyed before the statutes of limitations expired. They also said they found that 75% of those kits were destroyed before they could be sent to a lab for testing.
Questioning the investigation will always be on the table.
That is horrific , and people should have been fired specifically the one blowing it off on” the culture at the time “.

And that was 2012.,, then Kathee talked to Garrison in 2013 and now shuts up about the case.... gee wonder why ??

Well if what you claim is true then Janelle boyfriend was friends with of some of the thief’s and then you claim they have ties to Garrison.

So this would still link Janelle in someway and doesn’t let her off scot free.

IMO

Nice to see others that are suspicious of JK.

Had JK called Janice to ask if Stacey and Suzie were at her house, JK wouldn’t even be a suspect to me. But one has to stick to facts when it comes to this case and the biggest factor of this case is that without JK and her family’s testimony, we wouldn’t know when the girls went to Delmar. We also wouldn’t know about the porch light or the phone calls while she was there. (Aside from the erased message.)

I also agree that Garrison could be tied to this via JK and her bf. According to Ark Garrison knew the grave robbers. Maybe someone was a link to Jk. I don’t think that the teenagers killed anyone, But didn’t want to go missing themselves. But JK could also be covering for someone in her family.

Honestly, I’m not sure if the girls made it home that night. While my theories change, I suspect that if they didn’t make it home then Sherrill had to be taken so the house could be staged.

My theories of that night often change, but what does not change is my suspicion of JK. I’m going to start a petition to reinterview all the party goers that night, especially the host of the parties. I also think JK and her family need to be reinterviewed.

Why would JK say “that other girl.”

A handful of former and current Springfield residents hold the keys to solve this crime. JMO

Last edited:
Yes that “other girl” comment really rubs me the wrong way. The same “other girl” that you walked into the home uninvited and looked around uninvited, answered the phone uninvited and then failed to do anything despite the obvious signs that something didn’t add up.

IMO

Last edited:
Yes that “other girl” comment really rubs me the wrong way. That “other girl” is the home you walked into uninvited and looked around uninvited, answered the phone uninvited and then failed to do anything despite the obvious signs that something didn’t add up.

IMO

Not calling the McCalls when you are looking for their daughter is weird. In 1992 people used house phones and called friends' houses. Why wouldn't you make sure that Stacy hadn't left word with her mom about plans? Why are people answering Sherrill's phone and hanging out like she isn't coming back. It's not normal behavior.

Not calling the McCalls when you are looking for their daughter is weird. In 1992 people used house phones and called friends' houses. Why wouldn't you make sure that Stacy hadn't left word with her mom about plans? Why are people answering Sherrill's phone and hanging out like she isn't coming back. It's not normal behavior.

Yep and also why was she still wet at like 9pm at night?

Maybe people from the U.S can fill me in but why would she of been at the water park that late, is that normal?

it was so odd the detective took note that she was wet.

Last edited:
Some water parks near me close at eight, but I also agree that was late. That’s why I think the person(s) responsible were at the house trying to get as many people there. I have mixed issues on the purses. Someone there could have moved them or JK. I’m not sure.

I want to know who was trying to get the coffee made. I know this is a an odd detail, but I can’t help but wonder if it was Kathy Kirby. According to what I’ve read online Mr. and Mrs. Kirby weren’t close to Sherrill, despite inviting her the night before to the party. I know they could have just been accompanying JK because here friends were missing, but I still find it odd.

People don’t want to think teenagers could do this, but with instilled fear and help from adults I honestly think they could.

Some parents in this world (Robert Craig Cox’s Mother for example) will do and say anything for their children, even forgive and offer an alibi for murder. Some even kill for their children.

We live in a multicultural society where people act and react differently to the situations life throws at them. Teenagers kill. Multiple people keep secrets. Amateur sleuths can solve crimes online. Google any of these things and you’ll find multiple stories.

Please understand that I do not think I know more than anyone else about this. Case. I’m not one of those arrogant people who have to be right. I just want justice for our 3MW and I want the person(s) to be outed and pay for their crimes. Someone ruined so many lives that night. It’s time for justice. IMO.

I have mixed issues on the purses. Someone there could have moved them or JK. I’m not sure.
I read in one of the threads that Stacy's mom took Stacy's bag and belongings out of the house. She was going to drive Stacy's car home but changed her mind and put the purse and belongings back in the house. I don't know if that is true or not.

They basically drove right near the McCalls to take Glenstone up north to Delmar . Why not pop in and see ? Or even just a drive by to see if her car is there .
As many times as plans changed , Stacy could have decided to just go home and avoid long drive to Delmar .

I read in one of the threads that Stacy's mom took Stacy's bag and belongings out of the house. She was going to drive Stacy's car home but changed her mind and put the purse and belongings back in the house. I don't know if that is true or not.

Yes to teach her I lesson she think she said and then I’m assuming changed her mind.

Yes! Janice stated that she was going to get her car and move it for not answering. Also, thanks @Nixaeagle for that insight. Now this is something I can’t understand why LE didn’t poke at. Calling psychics? Really?

Also, I can’t think of the word for it but it’s crazy how people will offer false leads just to “feel apart” of something. Like that old woman with the van. Nonsense. I can’t believe the police believed that. It’s just as ridiculous as the parking garage theory.

This is something I want people to see from my perspective, that Because so little is known about the case, people have took hearsay and speculation and fueled endless rabbit holes. Some people have flat out lied.

I truly believe the POI is on the website and based on reading and comparing forums, has multiple accounts.

I also can’t help but wonder why LE isn’t curious that JK changed her timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro