MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacey had no plans to stay at Suzie’s house that night originally. Can you show me proof of when Stacey last stayed at Suzie’s home and I doubt you will find any as it didn’t happen in high school certainly . She even told her own parents she was staying with Janelle that night. It was the spur of the moment decision that unfortunately ended in her death. I don’t have names but it was in reports that she was asking people to go back to her house.

Search for it if you don’t believe me as it’s true

They were staying together at a motel in Branson , that was the original plan according to Mrs McCall , until her daughter called at 10 pm to say they were staying with Janelle now , and going to Branson in the morning .
Which reports are you referring to ? I would like to read them . Are you saying they are Police reports ?

Parents showing up makes it extra weird and I’d really like to know who called them and how that conversation went.

What makes things extra strange is that Mrs. McCall got to know that her daugther was missing when she talked to the mother of another friend of the girls. The people, supposedly friends of Stacy and Suzie, who had entered private property (twice between the morning and afternoon), picked up the phone, and cleaned the house, never called Stacy´s mom. Then, when Janis was at Sherill´s house, they (these people and parents) magically appeared (or did she call them? Janis declared that she made a phone call to her husband and the police from Sherril´s). Maybe the phone call McCall received was someone trying to confirm she was there.

She had plans with Stacy already . Who else did she ask / what reports did you read ? Thanks ,

The people who declared Suzie was sick were:

Shane Appleby (the one who drove the girls to the 2nd party at Michelle Elder´s place and back to Brian Joy´s house).
Janelle Kirby
And Michelle Elder (not sure about her).

They claim that Suzie was begging people to spend the night with her and she convinced Stacy to go with her. This makes no sense, because the three girls were supposedly staying at Brian Joy´s house until he told the three girls to go somewhere (around 1:40 am 2:00 am). Then, according to the last witnesses, they went to Janelle and the two missing girls didn´t stay there because there was no place. So, if Suzie was sick and asking people to go with her, why was she at 2:00-2:20 am with Stacy trying to spend the night at the Kirby´s? It sounds as if, in the account of the events, some people were trying to justify the last minute change of plans.

Shane Appleby (the one who drove the girls to the 2nd party at Michelle Elder´s place and back to Brian Joy´s house).
Janelle Kirby

They claim that Suzie was begging people to spend the night with her and she convinced Stacy to go with her. This makes no sense, because the three girls were supposedly staying at Brian Joy´s house until he told the three girls to go somewhere (around 1:40 am 2:00 am). Then, according to the last witnesses, they went to Janelle and the two missing girls didn´t stay there because there was no place. So, if Suzie was sick and asking people to go with her, why was she at 2:00-2:20 am with Stacy trying to spend the night at the Kirby´s? It sounds as if, in the account of the events, some people were trying to justify the last minute change of plans.

She stayed out because she didn’t want to go home despite feeling rough is what I can gather.

IMO

They were staying together at a motel in Branson , that was the original plan according to Mrs McCall , until her daughter called at 10 pm to say they were staying with Janelle now , and going to Branson in the morning .
Which reports are you referring to ? I would like to read them . Are you saying they are Police reports ?
It's odd that they went to one house and were told they couldn't stay there then went to another house and were told the same thing. I doubt that is very common. Perhaps they had no intention of actually staying at Janelle's. So where we're they really going? Someone probably knows but just won't tell. All speculative of course.

Janelle Kirby

I agree.
I don't 100% believe the timeline since it was created around the statements of the people who last saw Stacy and Suzy. Also, Janelle and her boyfriend walking into the house,walking through the house and answering the phone is not normal IMO.

Stacey had no plans to stay at Suzie’s house that night originally. Can you show me proof of when Stacey last stayed at Suzie’s home and I doubt you will find any as it didn’t happen in high school certainly . She even told her own parents she was staying with Janelle that night. It was the spur of the moment decision that unfortunately ended in her death. I don’t have names but it was in reports that she was asking people to go back to her house.

Search for it if you don’t believe me as it’s true

Janelle Kirby

I’m aware that Suzie had a little stomach ache .
I was interested in what “ reports “ by @asyousay. stated that she was begging all these people to stay with her ? If those were statements given to SPD by kids at party’s or what ?

I agree with you based on this statement from Appleby, did not make sense .

By about 2 a.m. Sunday, the parties were winding down. McCall DECIDED she would spend the night with Streeter and the group would meet later that morning to head for a water amusement park in Branson, Mo.

"I saw Suzie and Stacy walk down to their cars," Appleby said.

"Everything was normal. That was the last time I saw them. "

The Kansas City Star
1992-06-28

I’m aware that Suzie had a little stomach ache .
I was interested in what “ reports “ by @asyousay. stated that she was begging all these people to stay with her ? If those were statements given to SPD by kids at party’s or what ?

I agree with you based on this statement from Appleby, did not make sense .

By about 2 a.m. Sunday, the parties were winding down. McCall DECIDED she would spend the night with Streeter and the group would meet later that morning to head for a water amusement park in Branson, Mo.

"I saw Suzie and Stacy walk down to their cars," Appleby said.

"Everything was normal. That was the last time I saw them. "

The Kansas City Star
1992-06-28

The fact it was reported about Suzie being under the weather and asking people back you would assume they told the police imo

I am in the UK I have read a ton of articles that are now unavailable so you can choose to believe what I say or not to.

It’s highly suspicious that she wanted company at home and had multiple offers to stay somewhere and each one fell though and she then takes a friend home and they all end up dead.

Why did she want company at her home that night?

who’s idea was it not to stay in the hotel that night ?

why did Janielle invite them to stay knowing that her house was full up with out of town family and friends ?

The fact it was reported about Suzie being under the weather and asking people back you would assume they told the police imo

I am in the UK I have read a ton of articles that are now unavailable so you can choose to believe what I say or not to.

It’s highly suspicious that she wanted company at home and had multiple offers to stay somewhere and each one fell though and she then takes a friend home and they all end up dead.

Why did she want company at her home that night?

who’s idea was it not to stay in the hotel that night ?

why did Janielle invite them to stay knowing that her house was full up with out of town family and friends ?

It’s a Really good question , that has never made any sense to me.

Kirby’s family was in town from KS for graduation . So when the offer was extended , how did they not know family was there ?

Is it possible that they were leaving directly after graduation driving back home? the evening got late and they decided to stay ??
I’ve never even heard that situation even offered as a solution.. .

Early threads I’m reading speculate it was Stacy wanting to take advantage of staying out , and accommodations were never finalized / booked at the motel . Most charge a late cancellation fee and didn’t rent to “ kids “ and required a CC . I don’t recall which motel they were allegedly staying at .

A family friend told me that Suzie had trouble with directions. I believe that to be true and well based. It seems as though she was directing Stacy to follow her home and implied Stacy wouldn’t know how to get there. I believe that is a wrong interpretation.

The last words she said were to follow her. It is reasonable to believe she wanted Stacy to keep her in sight lest Suzie might get lost. Having lived there myself it would have been dark and the road twisty. It is nearly 12 miles from Battlefield to the Delmar address.

So far as I can tell that was a reasonable request. Suzie did not expect to be driving back home that night.

Thank you everyone for not pointing out I butchered the numbers. It was the 130 anniversary. #maths

I was wondering if you thought maybe a reenactment went wrong? Or people decided to do it drunk and with loaded weapons at night, or something like that. Did I completely miss your point. Sorry if I did. I don't know much about reenactments of battles.

A family friend told me that Suzie had trouble with directions. I believe that to be true and well based. It seems as though she was directing Stacy to follow her home and implied Stacy wouldn’t know how to get there. I believe that is a wrong interpretation.

The last words she said were to follow her. It is reasonable to believe she wanted Stacy to keep her in sight lest Suzie might get lost. Having lived there myself it would have been dark and the road twisty. It is nearly 12 miles from Battlefield to the Delmar address.

So far as I can tell that was a reasonable request. Suzie did not expect to be driving back home that night.

Following directions out of your normal comfort zone or to go to places you have never been thats much different than driving around a town you know. Suzie was able to get to her job, school, and other places without any problems. I believe she lived in the area closer to Stacy and Janelle. If you thought your friend couldn't get back to their home who lets them leave? Suzie got to Janelle's house, from what we know alone and separate from Stacy. Taking to cars even if neither girl drank is less safe when you consider how many other people that might be on the road that had.
I think Suzie has been mistreated in the media and by people she probably thought were friends. I have a hard time believing Stacy going to Suzie's home in her own car was charitable.

Janelle Kirby

I always wondered if someone at one of the parties made her uncomfortable or someone Stacy was talking to made her feel uneasy. This is only my opinion but saying you feel sick might be code for stop talking to that creeper and let's go somewhere else. Suzie would have known her house had her mom in it. Keeping people you don't trust or are scared of away from your home and your family is a natural instinct.
Stacy's mom mentions the school lock in enough that we can guess that is what she would have preferred Stacy do that night. Stacy needed to have a reason to not be locked in to celebrate graduation. Going to a water park the next day sounds like a solid plan. Was it? Was it really the plan or an excuse to celebrate the night with her friends? There is nothing wrong with that. Hopefully if there was some teenage subterfuge people would come clean. MOO

Who was angry at Suzie and Sherrill ?... the question we need to ask to get us in the right direction MOO

I agree. We should ask who might have been angry at the women. I would include Stacy. I would like to know more about that night. It's unfortunate but there are killers that aren't caught because they attack their victims at the right time or place and evade detection. There were people visiting from out of town, people home from college. These people might not have stayed in Springfield but it doesn't mean they didn't live there once or visit frequently. I wouldn't be surprised if the killer is someone that never was considered a suspect or even questioned. MOO

Well we Know the graveyard thief’s were
Actually that doesn't make sense. Joe Ridiel already had a plea deal. Dusty worked with Suzie after they broke up. I don't think their was anger there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773