MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. However, let's not overlook the "fact" that LE went to great lengths to coordinate the arrests of the accused and are digging up the property in question based on the information they have so far. The excavation is going to cost big bucks so they must feel there is some validity to the claims.

IMHO.

I sincerely appreciate your faith and optimism in LE. I do not share it, however.

Also the only fact is that they indeed made arrests, it is not a fact that they made the arrests based on actual evidence as we do not know what they have. LE has arrested people many times with nothing on them and ruined their lives in the process.

We do not know. We only know that at least one of the victims has suggested that jars were buried.

It is painful to watch so many people jump to conclusions in these threads.

Lets stick with the facts, folks.

Thank you, Pax, for this info about the jars.

It seems like you and I are like-minded in the way we contemplate terrible allegations.

It would be disingenuous for me to say that I don't sometimes struggle with the way opinion fills in the gaps when factual information is limited. But I have to remind myself that this is a discussion board and people are as impassioned in their opinions and beliefs as I am in mine. And frankly, there's not a kinder, gentler true crime board in the universe than Websleuths.

For me, I try to remember that words are powerful and choose mine with care.

As far as I can tell, the majority of the allegations have come from one of the daughters, with corraboration from the other siblings. It's entirely likely that I missed something, but the one daughter appears to be spearheading this. The investigation, so far, has been going on since August. I tend to believe LE has found something that supports the claims or they wouldn't have made the arrests. Though I must say, the low bonds have me a bit concerned.

Not saying I hope the allegations ARE real, but I would hate to see so many people making false claims against their own family members. All of the victims, so far, are the children of one of the accused. I can't imagine all of these people making such enormously damaging allegations against their own family members because of sour grapes.

I agree that the bonds seem crazy low.

Thank you, Pax, for this info about the jars.

It seems like you and I are like-minded in the way we contemplate terrible allegations.

It would be disingenuous for me to say that I don't sometimes struggle with the way opinion fills in the gaps when factual information is limited. But I have to remind myself that this is a discussion board and people are as impassioned in their opinions and beliefs as I am in mine. And frankly, there's not a kinder, gentler true crime board in the universe than Websleuths.

For me, I try to remember that words are powerful and choose mine with care.

I have no doubt that the people on this forum mean well but because of my own personal and professional experiences I take accusations against others very seriously, its not a game to accuse people of things unless you know its true.

It may turn out this is all true, if it is they will pay but if it isnt...

Lets just say that I have learned the importance of being skeptical until proven otherwise.

I have no doubt that the people on this forum mean well but because of my own personal and professional experiences I take accusations against others very seriously, its not a game to accuse people of things unless you know its true.

It may turn out this is all true, if it is they will pay but if it isnt...

I couldn't agree with you more!

I agree that the bonds seem crazy low.

Low bonds means the judge was not convinced that the crime was committed but agreed to give the state time to make its case.

Low bond = no real evidence.

Let's back up a bit, the accusations are coming from LE. All we are doing here is discussing that info.

Let's back up a bit, the accusations are coming from LE. All we are doing here is discussing that info.

Some are, some arent. I see a lot of jumping to conclusions, and THAT IS OK, do your thing, I am just doing mine. Dont let me stop you.

Admittedly it doesnt look good for these guys, but I have seen much worse come out as nothing at all in the end.

Looks like something may have gone on from time to time at the old guy's house, ie apt on the property?

JMHO
fran

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5icSy8xJFicnYGfHRB1LFS2xAXAewD9BTGJ900

5 men charged with sex crimes against children

Deborah Burris, who has lived across the street from Burrell Mohler Sr. for several years, described the suspect as a friendly, helpful neighbor.

"We didn't even know he had sons. We didn't know anyone but Burrell himself," Burris said.

She said she thought Mohler lived with his wife and a daughter, but she had never seen them. He was occasionally seen walking around the neighborhood but had appeared frail lately, Burris said.

She said Mohler's house has an apartment on the north side, and there had been "quite a bit of activity there at different times."

"I had thought maybe someone was moving in or out of there," Burris said.

Aslo - we keep hearing about a "daughter" but supposedly Mohler Sr. didn't have any daughters. So.... who all is living at his house?

And who are they looking for with the cadaver dogs? Are there missing children? Did some younger children die in the course of this abuse?

So many questions.....

Salem

If they buried glass jars between 1988 and 1995, I would guess they could be found with metal detectors. Possibly old peanut butter, jelly or canning jars. Back then they all had metal lids.

Some are, some arent. I see a lot of jumping to conclusions, and THAT IS OK, do your thing, I am just doing mine. Dont let me stop you.

Admittedly it doesnt look good for these guys, but I have seen much worse come out as nothing at all in the end.

Actually, I'm sitting on a fence. But jumping to conclusions could also apply to those who feel this isn't the real deal. It goes both ways.

As far as I can tell, the majority of the allegations have come from one of the daughters, with corraboration from the other siblings. It's entirely likely that I missed something, but the one daughter appears to be spearheading this. The investigation, so far, has been going on since August. I tend to believe LE has found something that supports the claims or they wouldn't have made the arrests. Though I must say, the low bonds have me a bit concerned.

Not saying I hope the allegations ARE real, but I would hate to see so many people making false claims against their own family members. All of the victims, so far, are the children of one of the accused. I can't imagine all of these people making such enormously damaging allegations against their own family members because of sour grapes.

They have CASH bonds. It's the equivalent of $175,000 when you consider that with a typical bond they could pay a bondsman 20% or $35k.

Actually, I'm sitting on a fence. But jumping to conclusions could also apply to those who feel this isn't the real deal. It goes both ways.

Absolutely which is why I said we dont know. I would never say it wasnt real, thats insulting to child victims everywhere.

We simply dont know. Maybe we will know soon and if it is true swift justice will come about.

This happens everyday in all sorts of families. Very common actually, more common than child abuse even I would suggest. Families turn on eachother often and say all sorts of mean spirited things that are not even remotely true.

But to come forward and publicly say that you've had sex with a dog? I can't imagine THAT much hatred unless it is for a mighty good reason.

But to come forward and publicly say that you've had sex with a dog? I can't imagine THAT much hatred unless it is for a mighty good reason.

Id have to agree, thats a mighty heavy thing to allege if not true.

Low bonds means the judge was not convinced that the crime was committed but agreed to give the state time to make its case.

Low bond = no real evidence.

Disagree with you here. The accused are reported to be "fine, upstanding citizens" blah, blah, blah.

We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member