MO - Six Mohler family members for child sex crimes, Bates City 2009 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it should be noted that in Darrel's PC document, there is the statement that the men took three of the sisters to the white house. I missed that the first time I read it. If I'm reading it correctly, Darrel raped two of the girls in this incident. It seems clear that the grandfather, Burrell Sr. would have been complicit--whispering, leaving the room, threats afterwards. The third sister would have been a witness (who knows how old she would have been).

Does anyone have a theory as to why this PC document is dated Nov. 13th, the day after the other men showed up in court? It doesn't seem to have been generated earlier. I wonder if the memories are still coming out and were jolted by Darrel's statement about when he was last in Missouri?

I think it should be noted that in Darrel's PC document, there is the statement that the men took three of the sisters to the white house. I missed that the first time I read it. If I'm reading it correctly, Darrel raped two of the girls in this incident. It seems clear that the grandfather, Burrell Sr. would have been complicit--whispering, leaving the room, threats afterwards. The third sister would have been a witness (who knows how old she would have been).

Does anyone have a theory as to why this PC document is dated Nov. 13th, the day after the other men showed up in court? It doesn't seem to have been generated earlier. I wonder if the memories are still coming out and were jolted by Darrel's statement about when he was last in Missouri?

From CNN:
Police did not have enough to charge Darrel Mohler earlier, but after examining the victims' statements, obtained enough information to charge him, Alumbaugh said. He added that he does not think Darrel is on the run.

A probable cause document is completed and filed just prior to making an arrest.

Was this posted the other day? If you read the comments section, this man that gave the interview talks about an incident (not with his son) from this past July. It sounds like this case has been simmering under the radar of LE for quite some time. They most likely didn't ever have 'evidence' or at least 'wtinesses' willing to come forward until now. Quite often, parents don't want their children (victims) to be forced into testifying, etc.

JMHO
fran

Video

http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-mohler-victim-young-111309,0,1950952.story

Father Says Son Was Victim of Mohler Family

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Lafayette County Sheriff said they are actively searching for more people who may have been sexually abused by the Mohler family men. Burrell Edward Mohler Sr., 77, his brother and his four adult sons have been charged with forcible sodomy and rape involving children under the age of 12.

In their search for more victims, detectives have contacted people like **** ***** son, who was seven at the time of the alleged abuse. ***** confirmed to police that his son was abused by one of the Mohler men.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/fox4kc/T9PFUFKS9DU4OT0S7/p25

I've slogged through all 25 pages of these comments and there are a few (very few) comments from people who say they know the victims. There's a comment on page 25 which says that her sons went to school with one of the victims and that the victim is telling the truth. It makes me so sad to know that some other people suspected or knew of this abuse but that no one did anything until now. I do agree with the theory that grandchildren are now part of the equation and what might be driving the disclosures.

On another issue, I'm not the best sleuther but I'm not a newbie either and I can't find much info on this family at all. Do you think that it's a possibility that the victims worked hard to conceal themselves before the case broke? Good for them, if they did. It looks like they might have closed MS and FB pages and dropped off the net. On some of the public MS accounts which I think might be connected, I see no discussion of this matter. If they did this, this will lend credence to the fact that they knew this case was going to be very big. Otherwise, I just don't think someone would have the foresight to see the world gearing up for research. Anybody else having more luck?

The Church of Christ HQ has removed their names from the directory on Thursday but they are included in event pictures from 2008.

http://www.cofchrist.org/hr/2008StaffRec.asp#photos

If you go back to the first page of the first thread on this case, I posted several links concerning the Mohler's church involvement. One Mohler showed up as preaching at a Father's Day service (I think this year) and a Mohler brother and a woman with the same last name show up as ushering at a service this July. Several commenters on the news forum linked above have commented that these are "church-going" people.

I don't know if these church links will start to disappear. The church does seem to be dropping them like hot potatoes. I can only hope that the church is stepping up to the plate to support the alleged victims. If they are active in their faith, the support of their church family will be paramount right now.

When I first read DM's statement "was aware of what was going on in Missouri" I was like :eek: -- then I thought, oh yeah, he just means he knows about the family members getting arrested....then I thought, oh yeah - "aware of what was going on" could very well mean he knows about past goings-on as well as current.

Texas Mist--Light bulb moment. I hadn't thought of that at all. Thank you. Maybe he'll say he left the state to get away from the repulsiveness of it all. What about reporting the abuse and protecting your great-nieces and nephew?

When I first read DM's statement "was aware of what was going on in Missouri" I was like :eek: -- then I thought, oh yeah, he just means he knows about the family members getting arrested....then I thought, oh yeah - "aware of what was going on" could very well mean he knows about past goings-on as well as current.

Yea, I figured he meant he was aware of what has been happening currently, with the arrests and news stories.

Now I just don't know. This whole business is nuts.

I found some information and I'm not sure if I can link to it. If you look at the first page of the first thread concerning this case, Believe09 linked us to a genealogical page for the Mohlers. I wasn't very interested when the case broke (as there's not much info on the four brothers) but I just re-checked it and Darrel is on it. His name is spelled with two l's, however.

Anyway, in doing some research I learned that a man who is possibly his son (same name and correct age) is a youth pastor at a church in Florida which has connections to Graceland University and the Community of Christ.

I hope this is thoroughly checked out as, in looking further, this man has served at other churches and has led youth groups on international trips. You will also find that Darrel has an extremely young daughter, for his age.

Found this on google. It's from 2007, and it seems they had been married 25 yrs at that point which would make it 1982. ??????????

page 3 under Thank You

http://www.lamonicofchrist.org/bulletins/Lamoni Bulletin - Dec. 9 2007.pdf

Ouote:
Thank You
Thank you for the cards (or other expressions of congratulations) with our daughters’ surprise card shower for our 25th anniversary. We are blessed to be in such a loving, caring community. David and Michelle Mohler

Dec. 9, 2007

ETA: I know I was wondering where the women were! Yikes! I foolishly thought maybe there weren't any. Because how could they not suspect????

Remember the murder of Melissa Benoit by Henry Meinholz in MA?
http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/savethechildren/COD7.htm

Henry's wife swore she never noticed she was walking over Melissa's body every day on her way to and from doing the laundry in their basement. Every day for a week-dirtfloor and Melissa was about 3 inches under the soil.

IMO The senior father of the rest didn't wake up one day and ask his adult son's to join in. He was grooming, abusing and including his sons from a very young age.

As far as I can tell David and M are still married and have two daughters (both A's). At least one daughter ushered at church with her Dad recently.

If you go back to the first page of the first thread on this case, I posted several links concerning the Mohler's church involvement. One Mohler showed up as preaching at a Father's Day service (I think this year) and a Mohler brother and a woman with the same last name show up as ushering at a service this July. Several commenters on the news forum linked above have commented that these are "church-going" people.

I don't know if these church links will start to disappear. The church does seem to be dropping them like hot potatoes. I can only hope that the church is stepping up to the plate to support the alleged victims. If they are active in their faith, the support of their church family will be paramount right now.

I'm fairly certain that I read in one of the articles linked here earlier, the men have requested someone from the church come to see them. IIRC, it said they'll be there on Monday.

I could be wrong with my memory, but I'm pretty sure. I just don't have time right now to look through the articles for the link. LOL, it's Saturday night and we want pizza! ;)

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members