GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds like he was hitting on other women that same afternoon, prior to the attacks. He was out wanting sex imo and others weren't going for it. Sounds like he was drinking too. Boos, rejection, and liquid courage played a part in all of this imo. I don't think he woke up that day and said, "I'm going to murder and sodomize females today." I think he woke up and said "I'm going to get some today." Then when it wasn't working out easily he concocted a psychotic plan as to how to go about getting it.

It sounds like he was hitting on other women that same afternoon, prior to the attacks. He was out wanting sex imo and others weren't going for it. Sounds like he was drinking too. Boos, rejection, and liquid courage played a part in all of this imo. I don't think he woke up that day and said, "I'm going to murder and sodomize females today." I think he woke up and said "I'm going to get some today." Then when it wasn't working out easily he concocted a psychotic plan as to how to go about getting it.

I’d agree that’s certainly possible. How often was he out wanting sex encountering boos, rejection, and liquoring up his courage?

Because I wonder, was it just an out of the way opportunity that he choose a Catholic supply store or if he committed past crimes, was there also a specific religious signifigance to all other locations as well?

Interesting story from the woman having lunch at the bar who ignored his overtures prior to the attack. It doesn’t seem he was angry but it sure sounds like someone doesn’t like being told no.

Jmo.

"Shortly before the shooting, Bruce visited the Hotshots sports bar in the same shopping plaza, said [AH], a regular customer who lives in the Metro East.

[AH] was sharing a meal with a friend at the bar when Bruce sat next her and tried to cut in on their conversation, asking if he could buy their food and drinks, she said. She declined and turned back to her friend but Bruce cut in again to ask for her first name, which she gave.

“Then I said, ‘What’s yours?’” Hodge said. “He hesitated before he said, ‘Thomas.’”

Bruce, who told [AH} he was not trying to flirt with her, continued to interrupt [AH] as she tried to talk to her friend, saying, “[AH], you have a beautiful smile,” multiple times and calling her “amazing [AH]” twice, [AH] said.

“I just felt, like, at first he was a just a nice guy,” she said. “I realized toward the end that he was kind of flirting.”

[AH] and her friend left the bar about 2:45 p.m. as Bruce turned away from them to talk to someone else at the bar. The shooting was reported to police about 3:19 p.m."

BBM. I switched her name to initials to protect her privacy, I hope it did it correctly :)

Ohhhhhhhh. Okay. Everything is just so clear to me now. He was rejected by a woman whom he, as a married man, creepily tried to hit on while she ate lunch and clearly tried her best to be polite and get him to go away, and half an hour later, he went and assaulted two women and shot and killed a third woman for refusing.

I've been hit on by men in exactly the same way as this. Icky creepy things like "you have a beautiful smile" and "amazing [name]" and continually interrupting and insisting they're not flirting, despite the woman making it VERY clear they are not interested at all. It's scary - because you never know if they're a psycho like TB but you can often feel that something is a little off with their energy and you know they could become violent at any point - and incredibly upsetting and infuriating. I've been threatened, followed, insulted, the whole lot for turning down a guy who flirted just like this. Poor AH. How frightening.

I also feel so bad for his wife. He's out hitting on women and lying about his employment. I'd be shocked if he wasn't hiding heinous sexual assault and/or murder from her too. She also sounds genuinely shocked and devastated, and looks like a very kind woman from social media photos.

So many victims already - of course the poor victims in the CS, as well as his wife, and the woman he hit on right before - and I believe we've only seen the tip of the iceberg for TB's damage to other people :(

Glad he got a black eye from being arrested. Hope he gets plenty more.

Last edited:
I’d agree that’s certainly possible. How often was he out wanting sex encountering boos, rejection, and liquoring up his courage?

Because I wonder, was it just an out of the way opportunity that he choose a Catholic supply store or if he committed past crimes, was there also a specific religious signifigance to all other locations as well?
I have a feeling it was chosen simply because there were 3 women alone in one place. He had gone in, left and came back with his gun. I'll bet he tried to engage with them too at first and felt shunned again. He went to his car and got his gun, went back and took complete control.

Last edited:
Thank you. The article does have good updated info. The Navy has confirmed he served, but no further info. Schnucks grocery can find no record of his claims of employment. The Veterans Home has no record of him ministering there and no one remembers him.

Sounds like he took his bible to "work" every day and the wife never questioned what he was doing. I wonder if he handled all the money and she had no idea that she was the only earner.

I would be interested to know if there was any financial (or other) abuse in his marriage (perpetrated by him obviously). Or if he was *that* two faced.

On top of whatever previous SA / murder that may be uncovered in his past, I feel like there may be quite a few women coming forward in the near future about being stalked / harassed by TB. Just like AH right before the CS incident. Regular creepy men (ie. not murderers) behave like that so often that for someone like him, it has to be very, very frequent.

Rape with force is not about 'getting sex'. It is about taking away consent from women and is deeply misogynistic.
He had a wife, getting sex should have been no problem for him. He wanted to force women to have sex with him.

"Shortly before the shooting, Bruce visited the Hotshots sports bar in the same shopping plaza, said [AH], a regular customer who lives in the Metro East.

[AH] was sharing a meal with a friend at the bar when Bruce sat next her and tried to cut in on their conversation, asking if he could buy their food and drinks, she said. She declined and turned back to her friend but Bruce cut in again to ask for her first name, which she gave.

“Then I said, ‘What’s yours?’” Hodge said. “He hesitated before he said, ‘Thomas.’”

Bruce, who told [AH} he was not trying to flirt with her, continued to interrupt [AH] as she tried to talk to her friend, saying, “[AH], you have a beautiful smile,” multiple times and calling her “amazing [AH]” twice, [AH] said.

“I just felt, like, at first he was a just a nice guy,” she said. “I realized toward the end that he was kind of flirting.”

[AH] and her friend left the bar about 2:45 p.m. as Bruce turned away from them to talk to someone else at the bar. The shooting was reported to police about 3:19 p.m."

BBM. I switched her name to initials to protect her privacy, I hope it did it correctly :)

Ohhhhhhhh. Okay. Everything is just so clear to me now. He was rejected by a woman whom he, as a married man, creepily tried to hit on while she ate lunch and clearly tried her best to be polite and get him to go away, and half an hour later, he went and assaulted two women and shot and killed a third woman for refusing.

I've been hit on by men in exactly the same way as this. Icky creepy things like "you have a beautiful smile" and "amazing [name]" and continually interrupting and insisting they're not flirting, despite the woman making it VERY clear they are not interested at all. It's scary - because you never know if they're a psycho like TB but you can often feel that something is a little off with their energy and you know they could become violent at any point - and incredibly upsetting and infuriating. I've been threatened, followed, insulted, the whole lot for turning down a guy who flirted just like this. Poor AH. How frightening.

I also feel so bad for his wife. He's out hitting on women and lying about his employment. I'd be shocked if he wasn't hiding heinous sexual assault and/or murder from her too. She also sounds genuinely shocked and devastated, and looks like a very kind woman from social media photos.

So many victims already - of course the poor victims in the CS, as well as his wife, and the woman he hit on right before - and I believe we've only seen the tip of the iceberg for TB's damage to other people :(

Glad he got a black eye from being arrested. Hope he gets plenty more.
Elle,Do you have the link that states he received the black eye during arrest? TIA!

Also, after scrolling through his Twitter account, I took note that while he has been a fairly active member since 2016, there was a notable absence from around Nov 2016-Apr 2017. Where was he then?
There's been a notable absence on my FB since roughly Nov 2016. My feed was getting hostile after the election. I know other people that quit FB temporarily due to all the hostile political commentary. I posted a few vacation photos around April or May 2017, but other than that haven't been active since. Not saying that's his excuse. I've known other people to be off FB because they were in jail.

The thing that stands out to me, is what looks to be a brown shirt tale hanging out in the BG pics. It is the same exact shade IMO as the mugshot photo of TB.

Now we know how he got his black eye....resisting arrest.

Perhaps he "fell up the stairs" when they were arresting him. That sure would be a shame /s

Anyone catch the last name of the DA on this case? Ohhhh I think it’s quite fascinating ;) I did a doubletake! MOO
ETA: Not the DA, my apologies. The assitant

Last edited:
Elle,Do you have the link that states he received the black eye during arrest? TIA!

I posted it in post #142 above.
It’s really challenging to keep up here with so many cases so active right now. Also, the news articles are frequently updated, and new info added to something we’ve already read.
At any rate, here is that link....
Catholic Supply suspect requests public defender

I posted it in post #142 above.
It’s really challenging to keep up here with so many cases so active right now. Also, the news articles are frequently updated, and new info added to something we’ve already read.
At any rate, here is that link....
Catholic Supply suspect requests public defender
It will be easier when this thread can merge with the Delphi thread.....if LE says TB is BG (lots of letters there, lol).

Fingers crossed that more than one crime will be solved with this arrest.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1