Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they confirm she had a gps? Or just the insurance tracker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Toni had some kind of accident on the bridge over the Missouri River - with ice forming on the road at the time - and her car went over the guardrail into the water, would there not have been some kind of damage to the guardrail at least, even if she overcorrected and wound up going over that guardrail.

I just don't know if that sort of thing can happen without damaging the guardrail. Can a vehicle slide in such a manner that it clears any guardrails or other safety features without doing any damage?

There have been so many cases of vehicles in water, with ZERO TRACE of any accident. It's frightening to think how often that occurs.

If the post above is indeed true, that her GPS didn't update as frequently as was suggested by her mom, then I believe Toni had an accident.

I haven't, but someone else from that area came on an earlier place in the thread and said it WAS icy that night.

I saw a snow plow drive by while watching that grainy surveillance video.........that's a big part of the reason I came up with the NASCAR style vehicle accident I was describing up there earlier.

I regularly lived a life of being out until 5:00 am or later every single weekend for close to 10 years (some clubs in Little Rock stay open until 5:00 am). I was always up by noon to 2:00 pm the next day, as were all my friends. We were immediately on the phone with each other making plans for that night. This is why I find it odd that there are no records of calls to Toni's phone, especially when the friends at Shady Lady are the ones that first raised the warning flag about her missing at 5:00 am. Why, at the very least, weren't there any messages from them on her phone?

I have repeated this numerous times :) We don't have her phone or her phone records, so it's speculation that there weren't messages and/or calls she missed.

I agree it'd be potentially weird if there aren't. However, this is all about what Toni's normal is, not mine. not yours. So even if there were not phone calls all day long from family/friends, it doesn't mean that is strange. That's why I'd personally first look at how often she kept in contact with people and what hours. I've worked a graveyard shift before as well, and I know during certain times of the year I'd get home at 7:30 and sleep till 5. I'd turn off my phone etc.

But, I think us saying there weren't any messages and asking why, is more about us not being privy to the call data, not proof that it doesn't exist.

There have been so many cases of vehicles in water, with ZERO TRACE of any accident. It's frightening to think how often that occurs.

If the post above is indeed true, that her GPS didn't update as frequently as was suggested by her mom, then I believe Toni had an accident.

OK so if she did have an accident in the Missouri River would her GPS, being underwater, stop working?

I don't have a GPS and never used one so I don't know anything about them sorry

I believe just the tracker

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Snapshot device collects information about how you drive, how much you drive and when you drive. It also collects your vehicle identification number and triggers an email to you if it comes unplugged. Some devices collect location data: this is only for research and development purposes—we don't use it to calculate your rate.

If your device stops working or comes unplugged, you'll get an email alert, along with details on what to do next.

Sadly I know how it works because I caught my boyfriend saying he was in one place when he was really at another. Then eventually he unplugged it and I got an email several days later saying it was removed.

Another possible thought from my map searching: There is also a drive up STORAGE RENTAL and moving place VERY close to the QuikTrip. Could she have stored her car there (hence the GPS stopped) and got a ride from someone?

This storage facility says owners of units (which can be big enough to store RVs) can access their own units anytime (not sure if that includes night or early morning) with pin codes.

That's an interesting theory. I wonder how accurate that GPS thingy is? And did it specifically transmit that it was being unplugged?

The reason I ask is because: is it possible she was near her destination and pulled into some underground parking? That could also potentially prevent the device from transmitting its location.

Was it ever confirmed that she was back in school? Just thinking about wanting to get away before classes start, getting away from what seemed to be a hectic, stressful life...

I haven't, but someone else from that area came on an earlier place in the thread and said it WAS icy that night.

I believe it was warmer (here) at that time of the morning that it was Saturday night because of a warm front that passed through and I am curious when it passed through KC.

I'm leaning towards voluntary disappearance. If that is the case, I get the feeling she will either reappear soon or someone who knows where she is will turn her in.

Why is it a week later and the public hasn't been made aware of what she was last seen wearing, where the last phone ping was, or really any info at all?

Do we really know anything verifiable other than she left work, was pulled over, visited a gas station?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OK so if she did have an accident in the Missouri River would her GPS, being underwater, stop working?

If in water, everything, including her phone, would have stopped working immediately, all at the same time.

If her phone continued to work after the tracking stopped, it *could* mean she wrecked, but not in water.

That's an interesting theory. I wonder how accurate that GPS thingy is? And did it specifically transmit that it was being unplugged?

The reason I ask is because: is it possible she was near her destination and pulled into some underground parking? That could also potentially prevent the device from transmitting its location.

Right. I was wondering the same thing. Looking at the map for areas big enough to hide a car, i.e. with large garage doors, I found a couple car places, a mostly outdoor lot surrounded by red fencing with a partially covered overhang, and the storage place in the area. Based on your idea, I am going to check for other parking areas/garages right now.

Also, if anyone else wants to get involved, you could check some of these area businesses' FB pages or websites to see if you uncover any connections. I've also found a few other profiles by searching her work name "Vanity Rayne."

Has anyone pulled up the weather history for this time and day?

My sister lives near there and she was stuck at home with an ice storm that weekend. It started on Friday night just a little bit, but hit really hard Saturday and Sunday. School was cancelled on Monday for a lot of areas. In fact, it was pretty bad from Des Moines all the way down to southwest MO, where I live.

I recall how long it took for the body of Teleka Patrick to be found. And her body was found not that far from where her car had been located prior to that. Weather and geography played a big role in that delay. :(
Good example. Pushes it up in the top possibility. So many different. Some bazaar. How do we narrow the possibilities. Cant. Not with out more data or a located.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I saw a snow plow drive by while watching that grainy surveillance video.........that's a big part of the reason I came up with the NASCAR style vehicle accident I was describing up there earlier.

They thought this was going to be a huge ice storm so they put brine on every street however, we ended up with mostly rain. Now, bridges and overpasses could still ice over, especially if the brine washed off.

Would her phone stop working if submerged?

I am not positive, but I don't think her phone would ping underwater. So how would they know when the battery went dead?

I doubt the phone would even remain functional if underwater at all. jmo

So while I do think accident is a realistic and plausible scenario, I don't personally think it's probable. I have done a fair amount of streetview on google looking for potential locations near that QT and further west by the river, but I personally think the odds are low on her getting in that river. She'd have had to go across railroad tracks and most likely thread the needle on some trees on the spots that are near enough to the the river.

Just my opinion though based on what I have looked at.Open to hearing about locations where that might be more probable.

The Snapshot device collects information about how you drive, how much you drive and when you drive. It also collects your vehicle identification number and triggers an email to you if it comes unplugged. Some devices collect location data: this is only for research and development purposes—we don't use it to calculate your rate.

If your device stops working or comes unplugged, you'll get an email alert, along with details on what to do next.

Sadly I know how it works because I caught my boyfriend saying he was in one place when he was really at another. Then eventually he unplugged it and I got an email several days later saying it was removed.

In addition to what I wrote here, did her mom say they got an alert that the device was removed or that they just couldn't track her past a certain time? Mine took days to say it was removed.

Would her phone stop working if submerged?

I am not positive, but I don't think her phone would ping underwater. So how would they know when the battery went dead?

I doubt the phone would even remain functional if underwater at all. jmo

So while I do think accident is a realistic and plausible scenario, I don't personally think it's probable. I have done a fair amount of streetview on google looking for potential locations near that QT and further west by the river, but I personally think the odds are low on her getting in that river. She'd have had to go across railroad tracks and most likely thread the needle on some trees on the spots that are near enough to the the river.

Just my opinion though based on what I have looked at.Open to hearing about locations where that might be more probable.

Unless she had one of those waterproof cases!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member