Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't out of nowhere, though, it was immediately after a traffic stop.

My guess is that the traffic stop made her suspicious that the police were using it to track her, and she didn't want them to track her. So she unplugged it.

How/why would cops track you from an insurance device though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BINGO. Thanks everyone for that info. There is nothing to prove it was manually disabled at the QT. An accident within minutes of leaving the QT is possible. The phone likely died when the battery ran out, explaining the time difference between GPS going offline and phone going off. All JMO, of course.
Brian Anderson says they submitted the request on Monday, so it's frustrating that it hasn't happened yet.

"It’s a simple device installed in the vehicle," Anderson said. "It constantly emits a signal so we’re kind of dumbfounded that it’s now 48 hours later and they still don’t have access to that information. We don’t understand, it’s after multiple contacts by ourselves and the police department."

That's all I can come up with, so maybe I saw the 10 minute thing on Facebook.
There's lots of info out there if you know what device/insurance carrier she uses. Other than that, I suppose the 10 minute thing can't be 100% confirmed. :sorry:

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think this is a possibility if she was paranoid. And doing anything illegal.

Another possibility is if it was the type of GPS that came with a mobile app...Could be turning it off to keep bf out of her business etc. Lots of reasons I can think of to disable tracking. Some logical, some not.

All that money rolling in one would think she'd have a better ride than a Ford Focus. Nice reliable car, but not the flashy lifestyle car one with all that money rolling in would be rollin' in.

I was thinking her parents helped her get that car and insurance with the gps tracker roughly a year ago after the felonious arrest while driving situation. If daddy was footing the bill a focus is a reasonable and reliable like you said. When I was her age and living as she lived I had a 97' cavalier paid for in full and I drove the hubcaps off the faithful car we gave the monnaker "cavillac" bc it was the furthest thing from luxurious like a Cadillac. Anyway, my point is I spent ALL my money on partying and rent was even usually late. Cars weren't important, all I cared about is that I actually got to point A and B.

Another possibility is if it was the type of GPS that came with a mobile app...Could be turning it off to keep bf out of her business etc. Lots of reasons I can think of to disable tracking. Some logical, some not.

Could be I guess. I honestly forgot mine was in half the time. But is plausible. But then paranoid but then disappears? Soo confusing. I do wonder what will come of this. Wish there were more clues.

What 10 minute thing? This is what was reported in the media:

According to Anderson, her daughter’s 2014 Ford Focus had a tracking device that sent out pings every eight or 10 seconds for insurance reasons. On the morning of her disappearance, the tracking device sent out its final ping from the gas station. (source)

But what is a 'ping'? And how did she know this? According to reports, the tracking info was only given to police. So this is 3rd hand info...
(ie., Police to Andersons to reporter to us)

Hi Azure! I had seen someone on a Facebook page say that the QT on 9, where Toni was said to have pumped gas at, frequently had issues with declining cards at the pump.

Not that this would be a huge issue but I was just trying to see if you could confirm ever having the same issue there?

Thanks and happy to have you here with local insight!
In the handful of times I've been there, I've never had my card declined. I think the pumps pre-authorize a certain amount, though, so if you're a kid living hand to mouth trying to pump $5 of gas, that could be the issue.

Local here, first time posting.

I see some people saying it was very icy here Sat night/Sun morning. We were expected to have a big ice storm, but it actually ended up being mostly rain. I watched KMBC Sun am and they had the news crew out driving reporting that the roads were completely fine. They said there weren't any slide offs and the only accident was a vehicle hit 2 police cars that were attending to a disabled vehicle. Schools were only closed here on Monday due to the MLK Jr holiday.

I'm not saying she couldn't have had an accident, just that it really wasn't that icy despite the earlier hype that weekend.
I'm also local and I agree the chances of it being an accident are so small. Plus if it was an accident her car would have been found by now, Kansas City is a well traveled city.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I haven't looked at a map of the local topography there ... but even just a 10 minute window can mean a great distance in any direction. Someone said surveillance was grainy, so it wasn't clear which way she went after the QT.

For perspective, within a 10 minute radius of my house ...

North: 2 rivers, lots of woods, a gator swamp / bayou
South: Town, neighborhoods, the Gulf of Mexico
West: Toward New Orleans, lots of woods, bayou
East: Town, a bridge over bay connecting to gulf goes to town of Pass Christian, I drive there every day, also a bridge over a deep river, sparsely populated areas, woods.

No ravines here ... we're only 6 ft above sea level.

That's a good point. If the boyfriend had access to the tracking info, it could have been to prevent him from tracking her. In which case she disabled it after the traffic stop simply because she was stopped and it was a good time to do so.

Interesting possibility.

Yes, LE would need a warrant to get the tracking info. But she doesn't necessarily know that, or she could have suspected they got one.

I was thinking her parents helped her get that car and insurance with the gps tracker roughly a year ago after the felonious arrest while driving situation. If daddy was footing the bill a focus is a reasonable and reliable like you said. When I was her age and living as she lived I had a 97' cavalier paid for in full and I drove the hubcaps off the faithful car we gave the monnaker "cavillac" bc it was the furthest thing from luxurious like a Cadillac. Anyway, my point is I spent ALL my money on partying and rent was even usually late. Cars weren't important, all I cared about is that I actually got to point A and B.

I hear ya! Most months during my party years I had less than $50 left in my pocket, but being a girl and knowing every bouncer, bartender, and manager at the most popular clubs I always got in ahead of the line and for free. And I got my drinks for free too - just because I was a girl and could get guys to buy me drinks. It was a very risky thing to do, but I was never by myself where I could be in a position to be harmed. I might have been young and wild and a little dumb, but I wasn't young and completely dumb. I can see where Toni made some serious mistakes living the lifestyle she lives. Being alone a lot and posting pictures of money aren't the smartest things she could have done. Anyone that knows her could be a suspect if greed is a motive.

What 10 minute thing? This is what was reported in the media:

But what is a 'ping'? And how did she know this? According to reports, the tracking info was only given to police. So this is 3rd hand info...
(ie., Police to Andersons to reporter to us)
It was said, somewhere besides msm I suppose, that the location was shared every 10 minutes in Toni's car. My bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

On another note, there's a short list here of reasons why someone would want to disable the gps:

http://gpssystems.net/gps-jamming/

In the handful of times I've been there, I've never had my card declined. I think the pumps pre-authorize a certain amount, though, so if you're a kid living hand to mouth trying to pump $5 of gas, that could be the issue.

Yes, they automatically do a hold of at least $50 - some put more money on hold. But that's only if you swipe your card at the pump. If you go inside and pay with your card it only charges the actual amount - even if you prepay.

My little brother has definitely upgraded from his Chevy Corsica but still keeps the "Coolsica" around for fond memory's sake.

Just got caught up, lots of thoughts.

In almost every club, dancers are independent contractors who pay "rent", called a house fee, to work. The earlier you come in, the less you pay, typically. Off-peak nights are also cheaper. Think how hairstylists rent their booths.

I danced in very upscale clubs in IL and NY. Missouri is a full nude, no liquor state. From my experience, girls who I met from MO who traveled to my clubs to work and actually passed audition were pretty rough around the edges. I get the impression money was harder to make without booze and the girls had to be pretty cutthroat.

With that said, in my experience working in (very upscale) clubs, very few girls we're drug addicts. There were a few, but there were far more girls with professional husbands who drovs luxury cars and lived in very nice homes. I understand Toni has a criminal record, so certain inferences can be made about her lifestyle. However, I would not make inferences solely because she is a stripper who dabbled in cam work.

We had very little ice last weekend. There was high humidity which caused the roads to freeze a bit, but nothing serious. By 4:30 am I think the worst was over.

I cannot imagine a way someone could go over the side of the bridge over Turkey Creek nearer the 'downtown' QT. The rails are super high and there's a pedestrian walkway with a concrete barrier.

It was said, somewhere besides msm I suppose, that the location was shared every 10 minutes in Toni's car. My bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

On another note, there's a short list here of reasons why someone would want to disable the gps:

http://gpssystems.net/gps-jamming/

I believe transmission from device was every 8-10 seconds. This was a device that tracked speed , not GPS destination from my understanding of the device. Showed time of day driving and speed. Two things important for insurance companies.

Just got caught up, lots of thoughts.

In almost every club, dancers are independent contractors who pay "rent", called a house fee, to work. The earlier you come in, the less you pay, typically. Off-peak nights are also cheaper. Think how hairstylists rent their booths.

I danced in very upscale clubs in IL and NY. Missouri is a full nude, no liquor state. From my experience, girls who I met from MO who traveled to my clubs to work and actually passed audition were pretty rough around the edges. I get the impression money was harder to make without booze and the girls had to be pretty cutthroat.

With that said, in my experience working in (very upscale) clubs, very few girls we're drug addicts. There were a few, but there were far more girls with professional husbands who drovs luxury cars and lived in very nice homes. I understand Toni has a criminal record, so certain inferences can be made about her lifestyle. However, I would not make inferences solely because she is a stripper who dabbled in cam work.

We had very little ice last weekend. There was high humidity which caused the roads to freeze a bit, but nothing serious. By 4:30 am I think the worst was over.

I cannot imagine a way someone could go over the side of the bridge over the MO river nearer the 'downtown' QT. The rails are super high and there's a pedestrian walkway with a concrete barrier.

Kansas River looks like low guards.

If I was in a forced relationship with local LE in this particular jurisdiction I would probably get jumpy if I was up to anything nepharious at all. Compounded by my dad telling me he had ok'd insurance to install a tracker. Just thinking out loud. Granted, it's not even really a gps but she may have not known that. A ride on the ole white pony can make one pretty anxious and if I was in that heightened state driving THEN I got pulled over and he's watching me get gas 😳 I'd pull that sucker. Oh my gosh and if this was my 2nd stop of the night.... I'd pull it I think. This reasoning and her choosing to play gone girl voluntarily are the only 2 scenarios for removing the insurance device I can buy into so far. Pure speculation.

Exactly my point. She was rolling in dough but unfortunately it probably went to drugs. I sure hope that's not the case and that it was used for travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper