Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local here, first time posting.

I see some people saying it was very icy here Sat night/Sun morning. We were expected to have a big ice storm, but it actually ended up being mostly rain. I watched KMBC Sun am and they had the news crew out driving reporting that the roads were completely fine. They said there weren't any slide offs and the only accident was a vehicle hit 2 police cars that were attending to a disabled vehicle. Schools were only closed here on Monday due to the MLK Jr holiday.

I'm not saying she couldn't have had an accident, just that it really wasn't that icy despite the earlier hype that weekend.

Money rolling in is relative. My guess is she spends it as fast as she gets it.

Exactly my point. Sad to see such a young women with her whole life ahead of her waste it on a drug habit. If that is the case and drugs were a factor.

I see some people saying it was very icy here Sat night/Sun morning. We were expected to have a big ice storm, but it actually ended up being mostly rain. I watched KMBC Sun am and they had the news crew out driving reporting that the roads were completely fine. They said there weren't any slide offs and the only accident was a vehicle hit 2 police cars that were attending to a disabled vehicle. Schools were only closed here on Monday due to the MLK Jr holiday.

I'm not saying she couldn't have had an accident, just that it really wasn't that icy despite the earlier hype that weekend.

That's very helpful!!
Welcome to WS

Has it been officially reported that the GPS was disabled / stopped working AT the QT?

Or was that just her last known location before it stopped working?

There's an important distinction between the two.

I agree that a ravine makes more sense.

I'm going to look closer at the area between QT and the KCI airport for potential accident locations. I'd imagine they'd be right off that main road. Unless she went off that main road to a residence.

That's one of the possibilities I've been suggesting and posting about from the very beginning. I hope you're able to locate something. I'm good at research, but terrible at maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I *might* believe that, if she had a habit of disabling it ... since pretty much everywhere she went and everything she did seems like fifty shades of shady. Tracking records would show a pattern of voluntary disabling. Otherwise, I think she'd be meh about it. JMO

I agree, I think the tracking records and actual data is what I'd love to see. Along with dashcam / surveillance footage and timestamps.

But based on what we know, how do you explain the gps being turned off at the QT, in relation to your belief of an accident?

I'm open to it being wrong and maybe gps got turned off 10 minutes later in an accident in a ravine to the north. So is your belief that is the case?

Because right now, we've been told the gps was turned off at the QT and the phone dropped from network at 9:30pm. So not at the same time, which is what you believed was the case.

It is frustrating to not have that data, given we know it exists. But based on what we are told, it doesn't seem to match an accident imo.

Has it been officially reported that the GPS was disabled / stopped working AT the QT?

Last time the GPS reported the location. Unknown if it was disconnected or malfunctioned (malfunction is a stretch imo). There was a report where the mom said it sent the location every 10 minutes, which I think is also important. But I can't seem to find that link now, I was just looking for it. So maybe I imagined that. :confused:

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Totally agree. It's been vague enough that you could go either way, which is why I still do consider an accident plausible. How probable would depend on that data imo.

Last time the GPS reported the location. Unknown if it was disconnected or malfunctioned (malfunction is a stretch imo). There was a report where the mom said it sent the location every 10 minutes, which I think is also important. But I can't seem to find that link now, I was just looking for it. So maybe I imagined that. :confused:

If that is true, that's a very important detail. That's the 10 minutes I was looking for to get her to an area where an accident that might leave her car much harder to find more likely -- ie to the north or west.

Regarding her phone, family was quoted as saying her phone "was still connected to the TMobile network until 930p.m." I've never seen it worded like that. Does that mean that it just turned off at 930? If they know it was connected to the network, why no pings?

http://www.kmbc.com/article/parents-issue-plea-for-help-to-find-missing-umkc-student/8609411

I have a Nexus 6 I use on T-Mobile. If I'm not in range of a T-Mobile tower, I can connect to WiFi anywhere and make and receive calls using WiFi Calling. iPhone 6 has that functionality also.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

As I said earlier we don't even know if it was turned off at the gas station or not, the mother could have just seen results that stated the last time it was at a location -showing the QT, once you get to new destination it would then show that info. If it didn't show the next destination, it was either unplugged on the way to that destination or something made it stop working. Also, I did mention she could have crashed into some sort of ditch or brush, not just a body of water. I was just stating a possible body of water. Which is possible since there is the Missouri and Kansas river not that far from where she was.

But - she never planned on going to that QT, only did since she was pulled over/out of gas....so why would she all of a sudden remove the tracker out of nowhere?

:welcome4:

If that is true, that's a very important detail. That's the 10 minutes I was looking for to get her to an area where an accident that might leave her car much harder to find more likely -- ie to the north or west.

BINGO. Thanks everyone for that info. There is nothing to prove it was manually disabled at the QT. An accident within minutes of leaving the QT is possible. The phone likely died when the battery ran out, explaining the time difference between GPS going offline and phone going off. All JMO, of course.

And phone pings to the closest tower. Not exact location. Exactly why I have the app that shows the exact location.

[...]
I am having trouble finding a location where she could get in an accident that quickly and have her vehicle be gone. That's my largest problem with the scenario. Unless.... gps didn't go off until much later after the QT stop.
[...]

Device could have been unplugged at the Kwiktrip due to paranoia over police tracking her.

She could then drive off and go down a ravine 100 miles away.

Once we assume the device was unplugged due to the traffic stop, anything becomes possible after that.

Everything has gotten so quiet. I hope that means LE knows something and are close to figuring this out.

Device could have been unplugged at the Kwiktrip due to paranoia over police tracking her.

She could then drive off and go down a ravine 100 miles away.

Once we assume the device was unplugged due to the traffic stop, anything becomes possible after that.

I guess when you start talking about going 100 miles away, I start to think about how it's more probable that something else happened related to why she'd be paranoid.

I am currently looking at roads leading north, but honestly I've not found what I'd call a ravine just yet that looks like something she could have slid into. I'm actually seeing more elevated areas on to the left/right as opposed to ravines.

If she went off he main roads I am looking at, potentially there is a more secluded area or lake? But in looking at the main roads going north, I'm starting to think it's not likely there was an accident that results in her car completely hidden.

Nothing conclusive obviously ;) I'm gonna keep looking and maybe look for elevation maps and see if I can find some large contrasts along the expressways.

But - she never planned on going to that QT, only did since she was pulled over/out of gas....so why would she all of a sudden remove the tracker out of nowhere?

It wasn't out of nowhere, though, it was immediately after a traffic stop.

My guess is that the traffic stop made her suspicious that the police were using it to track her, and she didn't want them to track her. So she unplugged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper