Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there was just recently a case that had some key similarities to this case - todd allen.

seen shortly before going missing, texted someone right before going missing, was supposed to be going to meet someone, some "shady" details came out and then lots of people started saying that he just ran off and was partying...

and i think we all know how that ended.

If she was heading back to the south she would have had to exit onto 26th St fom QT then go through the intersection (26th and Burlington/9 hwy) and turn left.
If she exited right going to the north on to Burlington/9 hwy from QT and got into the far left turn lane at the light (26th St)there is a no U-turn sign.

I hope I'm helping with the directions and not just confusing everyone even more. 😵

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A car can't just disappear, so I wonder if it's in a body of water. Is this case getting much national attention? Amber alert sent out with her plate #?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A car can't just disappear, so I wonder if it's in a body of water. Is this case getting much national attention? Amber alert sent out with her plate #?

She is a legal adult. Amber alerts are for 17 years of age or younger.

If she was heading back to the south she would have had to exit onto 26th St fom QT then go through the intersection (26th and Burlington/9 hwy) and turn left.
If she exited right going to the north on to Burlington/9 hwy from QT and got into the far left turn lane at the light (26th St)there is a no U-turn sign.

I hope I'm helping with the directions and not just confusing everyone even more. 😵

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's what I didn't know

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

There's a few things that continue stand out to me as odd:

1. Why didn't she text the friend about being pulled over when she stopped to get gas? Why didn't she text anyone about anything (pulled over, low on gas, wrong part of KC) while she was stopped to get gas?

2. Why, if she supposedly had cash on hand from tips at work, did she use her debit card at the gas station? Doesn't make sense for the "disappearance" theory to be using a debit/credit card. Surely the tips she posted on disappearing mention not leaving a trail by using bank cards. Also, if she was planning to disappear that night wouldn't she have cash she's saved up with her - in addition to cash from work that night?

3. After seeing interviews with her parents they appear to be close - especially Toni and her mom. I just don't get the feeling that she would put her mom through this "torture" as her mother describes it. Plus, if LE had evidence that she's okay but doesn't want to be found, they wouldn't continue to appear to be engaging in an investigation, leave her parents hanging, and make statements about an "ongoing investigation" if they had evidence that she left and doesn't want to be bothered.

4. Last, but not least, I am really having trouble with her phone records. Supposedly her last known correspondence was at 4:53 am and then nothing for over 16 hours until her phone dies at 9:30 pm. NO ONE AT ALL texted or called her in all that time not even once they started to suspect she was missing?! I can't believe the people she was supposed to meet weren't calling or texting saying they were waiting and asking where she was. I really can't understand this at all. If my child is 30 minutes late getting home I'm texting her asking where she is and why she's late, yet no one texted or called Toni in 16 hours?! Unless there are records of calls and/or texts and LE isn't releasing this info this is just bizarre to me.

1. We don't factually know exactly when she texted her friend in relation to the pullover at this point. So, if she got pulled over a second time AFTER she left, that might be the reason it's confusing to us? (dashcam and surveillance timestamps could prove this as fact)

2. Because it's likely she wasn't actually out of gas, but after getting out of a ticket she might want to LOOK like she was getting gas? Also, it makes sense that she'd wait until she felt she was in the clear BEFORE texting her friend. When she went into the gas station, she was likely very aware of the cop watching her do so. Her current concern was "looking like she was pumping gas" etc. Why? because it would be the reason that got her out of the ticket. But we don't even know if she pumped gas or not. Or factually what time. So there is still that.

3. I think there's quite a bit of evidence that Toni wasn't adverse to doing things that would make her mother uncomfortable. Also, we'd really have to understand why she was trying to disappear before we can properly weight that decision in comparison to her mother's feelings. -- please watch this CI informants video and here a mother talk about how she didn't know her daughter was a drug informant. https://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/20/throwaways_recruited_by_police_thrown_into - Then take a moment to consider that these kids that become CIs can't even tell their parents in many cases. The one in this video, the daughter didn't tell her BECAUSE she didn't want to worry her about the possibilities.

3b. IF she was a CI, would the police want to say that was the reason they believe she was ok? I'd imagine if she was a CI, they might still be in the dark about whether she skipped town or was killed. But... watch that video and listen to the mother, and you'll see the police had no interest in revealing that aspect to the media etc.

4. We don't know any of this, other than what we have been told. But I completely agree it'd be odd. But just like everything else in this case, keeping us informed on those kinds of details has proven to not be a priority. I think it's likely that she got many texts later that day, but the ones around the time we see HER last text, are obviously the ones that we should be most concerned with. But yep, I agree, its bizarre if they weren't asking "Where are you?" etc

I know this CI thing is hard for some to even consider. When I first heard it, it was not something I even knew much about, so was more ignorant then than now. (still might be ignorant of the full scope, haha)

But if we are going to test our theories and speculation about her purposefully disappearing, maybe the most important factor would be -- why? Why was she wanting to disappear? Why would that be so horrific that she's put her mother/family/friends through this? I think we can all agree, it'd make sense if she felt trapped and the alternative might be *death*. So watch the CI video I posted above and I ask you to just consider the idea that Toni was a CI and was aware of the risk her life was in. It would just take me seeing one story about a CI being killed to be paranoid about when I got fingered as a snitch.

See the 2014 account of a KCMO snitch who was fingered and what happened to him. However, I don't think you even need to know about that, if you were a CI, to know that your life was in danger the moment someone KNEW you were a CI. I think that conclusion is rather easy to understand without a video. So... if that was the context, I think that would be a damn good reason WHY I'd want to disappear.

Lastly, I know I keep mentioning CI, but it's because if she disappeared and I want to test that theory, I need a WHY. It's the most probable WHY that I can think of.

But... if anyone else has a decent WHY as to the reason she'd want to disappear, I'm still open to hearing it. But so far, unless that is the WHY, I have a hard time believing she tried to disappear.

I know it seems like I am convinced she was a CI based on my bringing it up often
smile.gif
-- however, I am not. I am simply evaluating the probability, and I think that if she did want to disappear, the reason would have to be of mortal consequence. Which is why CI makes the most sense to me, based on what we know about Toni.

Not married to all this, but do think currently it's the most probable WHY, if she actually did choose to disappear.

Who ever stated she had cash?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

She is a legal adult. Amber alerts are for 17 years of age or younger.

I understand that, but more so meant some sort of alert, because I know they do that for those in danger too (over 17).

There seems to be a lot of confusion on the "pulled over" text. From the get go I never was confused. I feel she simply was pulled over, nervous (maybe even hiding stuff in her car quickly before the cop came up to window) and simply just didn't want to text anyone. Also getting her documents ready to give to the cop. Then he wanted to follow her to the gas station. She wasn't going to text then and there or text and drive. And she knew she was being watched. So she then finally texted her friend to say she was pulled over again. Meaning she probably had been pulled over a week before and gets pulled over a lot. I honestly think this is all that happened. She wasn't pulled over twice in one night.

Also - regarding no one texting her all day. I think it's strange too, but this could be a likely reason: she worked 3rd shift. So, maybe she was used to sleeping throughout the day and friends never bothered texting her during those times. As for the ones she was to meet up with - maybe they gave up and assumed she went home and it wasn't even a drug deal or anything. However - the boyfriend acting nonchalant about her not being home is the red flag to me. Most boyfriends would be blowing up your phone, wondering where you're at.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on the "pulled over" text. From the get go I never was confused. I feel she simply was pulled over, nervous (maybe even hiding stuff in her car quickly before the cop came up to window) and simply just didn't want to text anyone. Also getting her documents ready to give to the cop. Then he wanted to follow her to the gas station. She wasn't going to text then and there or text and drive. And she knew she was being watched. So she then finally texted her friend to say she was pulled over again. Meaning she probably had been pulled over a week before and gets pulled over a lot. I honestly think this is all that happened. She wasn't pulled over twice in one night.

I agree with this and also think it makes sense that initially the officer who pulled her over was like "it was around 4:40AM" and the media published that immediately, then after LE checked the dash cam the time of the pullover was made officially 4:25AM.

Also - regarding no one texting her all day. I think it's strange too, but this could be a likely reason: she worked 3rd shift. So, maybe she was used to sleeping throughout the day and friends never bothered texting her during those times. As for the ones she was to meet up with - maybe they gave up and assumed she went home and it wasn't even a drug deal or anything. However - the boyfriend acting nonchalant about her not being home is the red flag to me. Most boyfriends would be blowing up your phone, wondering where you're at.

I agree here on the surface, however if it's common that she doesn't come home and an sleeps at a friends, then I don't think it'd be all that odd. It really depends on what their *normal* is. Even texting with others. What is her normal between say 9am and 9pm in terms of contact. That's the only thing that we can use to determine what should be alarming to anyone in her life.

I think someone who works till 4:30am might likely sleep till 3-4pm or later.

I agree with this and also think it makes sense that initially the officer who pulled her over was like "it was around 4:40AM" and the media published that immediately, then after LE checked the dash cam the time of the pullover was made officially 4:25AM.

I agree this is plausible. However I also agree that it's plausible and reasonable to be skeptical given what we know and have been told. I'm unsure about what reason they might have to hold back a timestamped dashcam video and timestamped surveillance video, given they've seen nothing that indicates foul play.

Even still... I don't think it's probable the police lied. but... I can tell you about alot of things I didn't think were probable about LE in other cases, that ended up painfully true. So I hold on to my healthy skepticism till I see proof. :)

What I am having a hard time understanding is if she was going to the first QT (which is said to be south of the one she got gas at) why was she north of where she was supposed to be going? Especially if she was needing gas (allegedly)? Why would she drive further than she needed on a low tank?

Is this a main highway? Maybe she got confused or needed to turn around.

There was discussion earlier about he officer watching her for a long time after the stop. LE now has console laptops to do the report in real time, not go back to the station. Even on a warning. Also this takes a little time. I believe there is a real possibility that there may be body cam footage available. But all this video takes a court or Judge order to release these days due to privacy. As yet no real crime has been committed that we know of.

JMO

Can't the GPS info tell if the text was sent before or after the first/only pull over? We know the time of the text but shouldn't tracking be able to tell? Sorry if this has been discussed in depth, but I was skimming along this thread ... I'm very interested in finding out what happened!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper