Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been quiet because I just don't know. My questions are unanswered. Where do the declined ATM transactions fit? How much gas did she buy?

Out of gas to my husband is one thing. Out of gas to me says I have a good chance of not getting to the next gas station.

Did she get paid cash that night? How much?

I do not believe she told anyone that she was going to a specific Quik Trip. I think she thought she had enough gas to get to where she was going, meaning it was close to where she was pulled over. She may not have intended to get gas but used that as an excuse when she was pulled over. She got gas because she felt she had to due to the cop.

Did she have a snapchat app that she used? Is that how she communicated with someone?

Did she go home?

I don't think she left on her own. I think something went terribly wrong that night.

Her poor parents.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
she had a snapchat and kik profile also

According to a statement by an Officer Snapp, Toni did not try to withdraw money. It would seem she merely tried to use her ATM card at the pump.

I always look very closely at suicide as a possibility in these cases. It's more common than most people realize. In this case, her car is still missing after 30 days, so it would almost have to be in a body of water. There wasn't much on her tumblr that pointed toward possible suicide. It all seemed pretty normal. Drug use can lead to suicide, however, so there's that. And she used to be into death metal. I tried to determine if this was associated with a higher suicide rate and it seemed the answer was not really. I could not find a definitive answer, however. Given the missing car, the probability of suicide seems low. Still possible, though.

I've been thinking lately about the possibility of a stalker. It seems to me that stalkers would be a high risk factor for somebody working in Toni's field. A stalker or bad drug deal seem to be the highest probabilities imho.

Hello to all, I'm new to this forum and have this question. I've been following this case and have not seen this report from officer Snapp about Toni not using her ATM card at the ATM but while trying to pay for gas. Can you please post the original article showing Snapp's statement about this incident?

I need to add, my understanding was she tried the ATM machine twice but was denied.

Her Snapchat and kik are definitely worth looking into...imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Justice for Susan Winters.

Hello to all, I'm new to this forum and have this question. I've been following this case and have not seen this report from officer Snapp about Toni not using her ATM card at the ATM but while trying to pay for gas. Can you please post the original article showing Snapp's statement about this incident?

I need to add, my understanding was she tried the ATM machine twice but was denied.

Welcome, BaileyC! Thank you for your comment, as I am also questioning any financial transactions TA might have made between 4:20 a.m. and later in the morning of the day she went missing. It seems some people are quite certain TA made only one transaction--which was to pay for her gas at the QT pump before leaving (no other transactions/no in-store visit.) I can't find a link where Officer Snapp claimed that was the case, as he claimed he watched her doing so before he left--although: I do recall seeing that article.

I have this link which states: 'The officer watched Anderson pump gas into her car. And surveillance video showed her attempting to withdraw money from an ATM twice. Anderson was alone in the car, police said.'
http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/toni-...-facebook-twitter-instagram-text-pulled-over/

Here is the link which leep posted to this thread yesterday which states: '4:33 a.m. - According to her family's bank records, she had a declined transaction at an unknown QuikTrip.'
http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...r-its-the-last-time-anyone-reportedly-saw-her

Then a final link which states 'Brian Anderson, Toni’s father, told FOX 4 Wednesday that detectives told him there were two attempts to use Toni’s ATM card at that gas station along 9 Highway in North Kansas City.'
http://fox4kc.com/2017/01/19/kc-police-no-indication-of-foul-play-in-disappearance-of-toni-anderson/

I'm searching for an article where Officer Snapp specifically spoke about possible transactions at the NKC QuikTrip--will post if/when I locate it.

It is confusing, but so far: the majority of MSM articles still state she attempted to use a bank or credit card two times. I'm thinking maybe there was a possibility she used her bank card twice at the pump. Often the card isn't properly "read" at the pump or the customer makes a password or other mistake and therefore runs the card again. This often happens to me while getting gas, (but I don't ever recall seeing an incomplete attempted x-action showing up on my bank records.)

It's confusing--along with the fact that she *seemingly* went out of her way (why was she in NKC?) when she had plans to meet with friends at Shady Lady, much closer to where she had left her workplace.

Thanks for the clarification carpeverum. I too was confused when someone in an earlier post stated that Officer Snapp stated there was no use of an ATM, only the card being used at the pump. Where would that info have come from? Everything else makes it seem as if she got gas, and then tried to use an ATM.

Maybe the "twice" was once by debit and once by credit but the same card was used. If the debit run didn't have enough funds to cover the hold amount, she could have run it as credit as well. Given that it was reported that it was declined twice, if it was the same account, there were not enough funds either way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Maybe the "twice" was once by debit and once by credit but the same card was used. If the debit run didn't have enough funds to cover the hold amount, she could have run it as credit as well. Given that it was reported that it was declined twice, if it was the same account, there were not enough funds either way.

Excellent points, but I just don't recall reading anything that said her card was declined two times. Do you have a link? Just wondering how she paid for her gas if she couldn't use her card and needed to pay in cash. Wouldn't she have needed to pay at the register?

Excellent points, but I just don't recall reading anything that said her card was declined two times. Do you have a link? Just wondering how she paid for her gas if she couldn't use her card and needed to pay in cash. Wouldn't she have needed to pay at the register?
I was talking to the point that it was stated her card was declined two times in this post. However, we all know how information is confused, statements misreported and such. I honestly take those with a grain of salt and really don't think it has much bearing on the case. Those types of things happen allot more than people think. Hit the wrong button, the debit hold is on, but declined, run it as credit but the hold took to much and now the credit is declined.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/01/19/kc-police-no-indication-of-foul-play-in-disappearance-of-toni-anderson/

I'll post this again, since some people seem to have missed it:

According to officer Snapp:
"the QuikTrip video shows her literally pulling up to a gas pump, getting gas, and then leaving on her own. She was the only one in the vehicle that we could tell."

source: https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth/status/822545252963774464

According to this, the only thing she did was buy gas. She did not go into the QuikTrip. She did not attempt to use an ATM. She was not trying to get money.

There would be no apparent reason for her to go to this QuikTrip, other than to meet someone either there or nearby.

Here's a repost of my repost. :)

It was the parents that said family bank records show that Toni's ATM card was declined twice at 4:35. That doesn't necessarily mean she tried to use an ATM. Either Officer Snapp is leaving out a giant detail, or she tried to use her ATM card at the gas pump.

I believe she tried to use her ATM card by mistake, and keyed in the wrong PIN, but didn't realize until trying twice. I have done exactly that. The first time you are declined you assume you entered the PIN incorrectly. The second time you enter it more carefully, and when it still isn't accepted you realize something else must be wrong.

An interesting point:

In that article I linked:
http://fox4kc.com/2017/02/14/body-f...ar-woods-chapel-road-and-little-blue-parkway/

It says:
"The person who found the car said it appeared to be a Monte Carlo, but they could not determine the color because it was so charred."

However, the video shows the front and back of the car are not burned, and are, in fact, white.

Just a perfect example of how the reporting ends up not aligning with the facts.

Welcome, BaileyC! Thank you for your comment, as I am also questioning any financial transactions TA might have made between 4:20 a.m. and later in the morning of the day she went missing. It seems some people are quite certain TA made only one transaction--which was to pay for her gas at the QT pump before leaving (no other transactions/no in-store visit.) I can't find a link where Officer Snapp claimed that was the case, as he claimed he watched her doing so before he left--although: I do recall seeing that article.

I have this link which states: 'The officer watched Anderson pump gas into her car. And surveillance video showed her attempting to withdraw money from an ATM twice. Anderson was alone in the car, police said.'
http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/toni-...-facebook-twitter-instagram-text-pulled-over/

Here is the link which leep posted to this thread yesterday which states: '4:33 a.m. - According to her family's bank records, she had a declined transaction at an unknown QuikTrip.'
http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...r-its-the-last-time-anyone-reportedly-saw-her

Then a final link which states 'Brian Anderson, Toni’s father, told FOX 4 Wednesday that detectives told him there were two attempts to use Toni’s ATM card at that gas station along 9 Highway in North Kansas City.'

I'm searching for an article where Officer Snapp specifically spoke about possible transactions at the NKC QuikTrip--will post if/when I locate it.

It is confusing, but so far: the majority of MSM articles still state she attempted to use a bank or credit card two times. I'm thinking maybe there was a possibility she used her bank card twice at the pump. Often the card isn't properly "read" at the pump or the customer makes a password or other mistake and therefore runs the card again. This often happens to me while getting gas, (but I don't ever recall seeing an incomplete attempted x-action showing up on my bank records.)

It's confusing--along with the fact that she *seemingly* went out of her way (why was she in NKC?) when she had plans to meet with friends at Shady Lady, much closer to where she had left her workplace.

Thank you, I'm happy to be here.

I will relay the information given me back to a Facebook group I post in about this case. Both yourself and Ace Detective have answered my question. Will be back to share.

It was the parents that said family bank records show that Toni's ATM card was declined twice at 4:35. That doesn't necessarily mean she tried to use an ATM. Either Officer Snapp is leaving out a giant detail, or she tried to use her ATM card at the gas pump.

I believe she tried to use her ATM card by mistake, and keyed in the wrong PIN, but didn't realize until trying twice. I have done exactly that. The first time you are declined you assume you entered the PIN incorrectly. The second time you enter it more carefully, and when it still isn't accepted you realize something else must be wrong.

This clarified my questions about the claim, thank you.

You had all of your theories listed and I'll tell you what I think happened to Toni. Of course I'm going on what has been reported and the Police Investigation may have already marked those ideas off of their list of possibilities.

I think she's still alive and was abducted by someone associated with where she worked. Could be the clubs, internet sites and music venues she went to. I think more than one person knows what has happened to her and they are covering up what they know. I think it's involved with the sex industry, drugs could be involved but it all ties together. Not going to name names.

I don't mean to belabor the point, but I think terminology could be confusing things here a bit. Many people say "ATM card" to (inaccurately) mean a card that will work at ATM machines and for point-of-sale "merchant transactions."

Bank cards (aka debit cards) are actually the ones with logos on the back such as Visa or MC, the ones that pretty much are accepted by most machines and retailers.

There's just no way an ATM card transaction would show up on banking records as a declined transaction if it's put into a pay-at-pump machine--any more than my accidental use of my driver's license would show up on my bank records. If a card placed in a point-of-sale slot isn't acceptable--how would it possibly be documented on one's bank records?

Also: I'm still confused about why Brian Anderson would say three days later that detectives told him there were two attempts to use the ATM card at that QT at about 4:33 a.m. (Although that could possibly be a mistake by media).

I don't mean to muddy the waters here, but honestly: there are still some confusing issues here.

And if that's not enough: what if TA never got any gas at all, not a single drop? Maybe she merely went through the motions of doing so since she likely knew Officer Snapp was still nearby and she only wanted to avoid being ticketed in the first place?

Okay...that last bit was my lame attempt at humor--but hey. Grasping at straws here since not much to work with from either SM or MSM.

Ps. So the "second time" she was apparently pulled-over after leaving QT, she actually was ticketed for the illegal lane-change AND lying to a police officer.

It does fit the facts, right? :eek:hwow:

I don't mean to belabor the point, but I think terminology could be confusing things here a bit. Many people say "ATM card" to (inaccurately) mean a card that will work at ATM machines and for point-of-sale "merchant transactions."

Bank cards (aka debit cards) are actually the ones with logos on the back such as Visa or MC, the ones that pretty much are accepted by most machines and retailers.

There's just no way an ATM card transaction would show up on banking records as a declined transaction if it's put into a pay-at-pump machine--any more than my accidental use of my driver's license would show up on my bank records. If a card placed in a point-of-sale slot isn't acceptable--how would it possibly be documented on one's bank records?

Also: I'm still confused about why Brian Anderson would say three days later that detectives told him there were two attempts to use the ATM card at that QT at about 4:33 a.m. (Although that could possibly be a mistake by media).

I don't mean to muddy the waters here, but honestly: there are still some confusing issues here.

And if that's not enough: what if TA never got any gas at all, not a single drop? Maybe she merely went through the motions of doing so since she likely knew Officer Snapp was still nearby and she only wanted to avoid being ticketed in the first place?

Okay...that last bit was my lame attempt at humor--but hey. Grasping at straws here since not much to work with from either SM or MSM.

Ps. So the "second time" she was apparently pulled-over after leaving QT, she actually was ticketed for the illegal lane-change AND lying to a police officer.

It does fit the facts, right? :eek:hwow:

Officer Snapp is a spokes person for the KCPD. He is not the officer that pulled her over. I don't believe that officers name has ever been given out. He was with the North Kansas City Police Dept.

I'm not understanding what you're saying in your PS. Nobody knows if there was a second time and if there was it was not by law enforcement.

Officer Snapp is a spokes person for the KCPD. He is not the officer that pulled her over. I don't believe that officers name has ever been given out. He was with the North Kansas City Police Dept.

I'm not understanding what you're saying in your PS. Nobody knows if there was a second time and if there was it was not by law enforcement.

True that, and let's just hope he is more accurate in relaying facts than the media has been thus far. :moo:

True that, and let's just hope he is more accurate in relaying facts than the media has been thus far. :moo:

Yes, this case has very few facts, a lot of misinformation and speculation. I think I know more than I did three weeks ago but I'm not certain.

Yes, this case has very few facts, a lot of misinformation and speculation. I think I know more than I did three weeks ago but I'm not certain.
Same here. I have been following cases on here for years and this one is in the top of no info, confusion, and bad/misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member