Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't first car pulled from water around the KC area... correct? Do people just dispose of autos in water in Kc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's pretty common. Lots of stolen cars are found in the river. I've been to that park, there is a boat ramp straight into the river and at night it's desolate and isolated. It would be an easy way to get rid of a car.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Possibly a second car in the water.

Check out @Jhelmuth's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Jhelmuth/status/840303077043367936?s=09

I don't know how to copy the text of the tweet. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Told that divers may have found another vehicle in Missouri River. Checking it out now.

(I can only copy text of tweet if I open twitter through Google chrome. If that helps you.)

Also, this is nuts. I feel for the Andersons and Toni's loved ones - what a rollercoaster this must be for them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just turned on the feed. Have they pulled the 2nd car out already?

ETA - People just showing up to the thread...go directly to the KMBC9 FB page to see the current live feed. The link above goes to the video from earlier.

I just turned on the feed. Have they pulled the 2nd car out already?
Not yet... Hard to tell if they're still trying to pinpoint where the car is or what they're doing.

Riss Lake is one of the areas that I was streetviewing early on in this case, simply because it was a large body of water NW of QT and I saw from crimereports.com that drug dealing crimes occurred in that area often.

In terms of an accident, it looked unlikely to me that a car would be able to go over the guard rails on both roads that go parallel to the shoreline. I would think you'd see some kind of damage if that much force was generated to go over the rail and into the lake. Also, when ground is freezing or near freezing and wet, it's extremely easy for the grass to be damaged.

However near the southern road (NW Lakeview Dr) there is indeed a spot where I think someone could go off the road and into the water without hitting the rail at all, just drive right in.

So that's the spot I'd be checking first.

Does anyone know the exact location that the vehicle they found today was pulled out? was hoping there was another camera angle from further away at some point to give that context.

It's pretty common. Lots of stolen cars are found in the river. I've been to that park, there is a boat ramp straight into the river and at night it's desolate and isolated. It would be an easy way to get rid of a car.

When they pull the cars out...are there always so many people "working" the scene or whatever like right now? Just seems like tons of people there to me.

I know they pulled a black Lincoln navigator out of the water, isn't there supposed to be a second car as well ?

When they pull the cars out...are there always so many people "working" the scene or whatever like right now? Just seems like tons of people there to me.
No, this is unusual. I think due to TA disappearance. However, it does take a large number of people to pull a car out of a river.

Was tweeted the family hired a sonar team. I'm assuming that family and friends were on site for sonar team and once something was found they remained for recovery.

Josh Helmuth‏ @Jhelmuth
Liz Anderson tells me that yes, detectives are working with the sonar team they hired to try to find Toni today

Ah. That makes sense.

So it's somewhat likely this isn't related to Toni at all. How stressful for her family. I assume they are standing around outside in that crowd.

Ah. That makes sense.

So it's somewhat likely this isn't related to Toni at all. How stressful for her family. I assume they are standing around outside in that crowd.

There's possibly another car though according the tweet above.

Riss Lake is one of the areas that I was streetviewing early on in this case, simply because it was a large body of water NW of QT and I saw from crimereports.com that drug dealing crimes occurred in that area often.

In terms of an accident, it looked unlikely to me that a car would be able to go over the guard rails on both roads that go parallel to the shoreline. I would think you'd see some kind of damage if that much force was generated to go over the rail and into the lake. Also, when ground is freezing or near freezing and wet, it's extremely easy for the grass to be damaged.

However near the southern road (NW Lakeview Dr) there is indeed a spot where I think someone could go off the road and into the water without hitting the rail at all, just drive right in.

So that's the spot I'd be checking first.

Does anyone know the exact location that the vehicle they found today was pulled out? was hoping there was another camera angle from further away at some point to give that context.

It's a few steps east of the dog park, where the road squeezes the pathway.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• dog park.jpg
    dog park.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 377
  • east of dog park.jpg
    east of dog park.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 383
I guess they aren't live-streaming the second vehicle recovery ??

I guess they aren't live-streaming the second vehicle recovery ??
I think the link I posted above will work. Hard to share live videos. KMBC 9 Facebook page has it streaming.. still haven't recovered it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member