GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's wearing the exact same cloths that Shelby Dasher was wearing yesterday.

Yep she is, when you compare the footage from yesterday on FOX and this am on KMOV it's the same jacket. FOX just showed her from yesterday.

She's wearing the exact same cloths that Shelby Dasher was wearing yesterday.

:( Heartbreaking. We never want it to be a parent.. and so many times it is. Forgive me for being so jaded but I was feeling she was involved early on. Still, I sat on my uncomfortable fence.

Fox2 just showed Shelby standing outside with 3 other women... so she's not the one in custody!

I'm editing this because now I'm not so sure this was old footage or footage from this morning... I will declare myself very confused and need to stop watching fox2 who is doing nothing but confuse me this morning.

I think the suspect is the mom. Local news just showed video of Shelby yesterday in front of the house and she was wearing camo sweats and a blue jacket ... just like the woman in custody this morning. So awful.

I won't judge her or her family either until more information is released. I do however question why Tyler was put to bed so late. After midnight is unusual for a little one year old unless he was sick but we haven't heard that he was.

It is unusual, but a young mom like this may not have him on a schedule. None of mine were ever on a schedule, and my youngest made his own schedule. It was very common for him to stay up as long as we did.
This mom could have purposely kept Tyler up late so he would sleep late... it happens. Not directing this at you, but in general... just because some of us may adhere to the "rules" of raising children and keeping them on a schedule, does not mean every parent does. Some of us just wing it, and nine times out of ten, our kids grow up perfectly normal and healthy.

Oh wow...I just watched the clip they just had on..If its not shelby then who is it?

He was 18 months according to that link. An 18 month old certainly can be capable of climbing out of cribs and unlocking doors (not that I think that's what happened in this case, just saying that the police are mistaken if they think there is "no way" that an 18 month old could do that). We had to move my oldest into a regular bed by 14 months because she would not stay in the crib and I was scared that she was going to hurt herself climbing in and out.

The article says one year old....I can't see a one year old getting out of it's crib.

Wasn't that from yesterday?

Now I'm not sure... because they just showed video of the person with the jacket over their head again and the pants are the exact same zebraish type pants from yesterday, so it was definitely Shelby at the house with the jacket over her head.

It is unusual, but a young mom like this may not have him on a schedule. None of mine were ever on a schedule, and my youngest made his own schedule. It was very common for him to stay up as long as we did.
This mom could have purposely kept Tyler up late so he would sleep late... it happens. Not directing this at you, but in general... just because some of us may adhere to the "rules" of raising children and keeping them on a schedule, does not mean every parent does. Some of us just wing it, and nine times out of ten, our kids grow up perfectly normal and healthy.

I agree. I do lean towards the mom being the suspect right now, but not because she put Tyler to bed late.
I had my daughter when I was 18. I went to college full time and worked almost full time. I always had my mom keep her up until I got home from work so she could be on my schedule and we could spend more time together. Plus, I didn't have to worry about her waking up before I did if I pulled a late shift.

The guy that was brought up yesterday as possibly being her boyfriend but turns out he was probably just a friend had a pic of him and a woman on his facebook. The woman has dark hair. He now changed the pic to baby Tyler. Does anyone know if that pic was of Shelby? It didn't look like her but this guy seems to have some love interest with Shelby and I do believe they are a couple reading the postings on his FB wall.

No - I looked at those pics extensively and it's someone else. He is Tyler's godfather... and from his posts and others' posts, he appears to be totally crushed. :(

The article says one year old....I can't see a one year old getting out of it's crib.

To clarify the age question, on Shelbys fb yesterday there was a link to Tyler's bday party at the very end of Sept. Its not there now, comments where removed by someone. Anyways so that would make him around 14 months.

The video of the woman in the blue jacket standing outside talking and smoking is from YESTERDAY. The grandmother is one of the women talking to her. That is apparantly Shelby. It is also the woman in handcuffs with police detectives this morning.

It looks like the mother of little Tyler is under arrest.

Now I'm not sure... because they just showed video of the person with the jacket over their head again and the pants are the exact same zebraish type pants from yesterday, so it was definitely Shelby at the house with the jacket over her head.

His birth date was reported as September 28, 2010, so he's just a little over 13 months old. It was also reported that he just started walking a week or so ago.... one of mom's friends said that when she said she babysat him from time to time. I agree, I don't think he could get out of his crib by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay