GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok the video interview with Shelby's boyfriend stopped very early on my computer and I didn't realize it at first. I just listened to the whole thing and...

My initial feeling is that he is being honest and straightforward. What do you guys think? I listened with a very skeptical ear and nothing he said really seemed contrived to me. One thing that bothered me though...he seems to almost be blaming Shelby's mom for some part in Tyler's death. He said Tyler always woke up at 6:30 and grandma didn't leave for work until 7:30 so she must have heard something, known something. I don't know if he is reaching, grasping at straws because he doesn't want to believe Shelby could have done this alone or what. He says grandma is in hiding. I'm trying to put myself in her place. Your daughter has just admitted to murdering and throwing your grandchild away like garbage, lying to the police about it and showing no remorse. The entire nation and especially the locals are angry and there are probably some haters making threats against the family. I guess it's possible she's "in hiding" but it seems more probable that she is freaking the heck out, mourning her grandchild and trying to figure out how she's now supposed to feel about her daughter. She is probably even experiencing some guilt feelings even if she had absolutely nothing to do with Tyler's death. She is probably staying with family or close friends and just trying to figure out how to get out of bed each day and go on with her life from here.

I feel so terrible for Shelby's mom, Tyler's dad and his parents, Shelby's boyfriend and all of her friends who are trying to make sense of this right now. You can see that they are shaken, confused, distraught. Shelby may have only murdered one person, but she injured many.

I agree that he is being honest as well. One thing that got me thinking....Shelbys bf stated that she called to invite him and his roomate over for breakfast for 11am. The bf stated that he always took a short cut to Shelby's house, he would go past the cemetry and walk right past the bush area where Tyler was found. This makes me think that she planned it this way possibly to put blame/point fingers at these 2 young men. She is putting them at the house, they walked right past the deceased child. She then goes to wake up Tyler and lets on that she discovers him missing. This puts the 2 men right at the scene and the BF calls 911.

Another point- he states that Shelby doesn't drink. Did she not state in an earlier link that she came home drunk????

I would be in hiding too if I were Shelbys mom.

If the toddler did wake around 630, perhaps he talked, played etc in the crib, Gma left for work, then he started crying, eventually screaming to be let out of the crib.

I wish they would start putting these "mother's" in general population. I'm sick of them getting special treatment. You do the crime and feel like you're a big powerful person for murdering a helpless baby... you should be able to stand your ground against petty drug dealers, gang bangers, etc...

Also, I am devastated for the grandmother in this case. The poor thing is going through so much right now, I don't even want to imagine. She wants to be left alone obviously and I think people should leave her alone to grieve and come to terms that her own daughter killed her own grandson. What a nightmare. I just want to hug her right now.

Shelby's boyfriend really shouldn't talk to the media either. Smoking blunts? He'll be lucky police are not at his door with a search warrant. And he also should not have commented on the grandmother. For all he knows, Shelby could have been telling him stories about her that weren't true. We all know how these selfish, spoiled mother's love to lie about how awful their parents are... when it is their parents that are raising the babies and not them.

I agree. Bringing up and discussing the grandmother and her leaving for work that morning was kind of heartless on his part, imo. When I heard that she was 'in hiding' , I realized that she was actually in mourning. I believe that [ speculation alert] she MIGHT have been home when her darling grandson woke up at 6:30. And she probably went into her daughter's room and nudged her, telling her to get up and feed and change her son because Grandma was leaving for work. And it might have been a heated exchange between them that triggered this whole ugly thing. :rose: Grandma might have chided her for being out so late, and reminded her she needed to grow up and be more responsible for her child, etc.

If the BF is not lying and the G-ma usually helped little Tyler at 6:30; he would be very hungry or wet if he woke up late. Maybe he did sleep in later than normal. I can see a baby usually waking at 6:30 for a diaper change, a bottle, the going back to sleep for a couple of hours. Poor baby Tyler! I see on FB that the people that knew him called him Ty Ty; I also call my guy Ty Ty. It breaks my heart even more!

I agree. Bringing up and discussing the grandmother and her leaving for work that morning was kind of heartless on his part, imo. When I heard that she was 'in hiding' , I realized that she was actually in mourning. I believe that [ speculation alert] she MIGHT have been home when her darling grandson woke up at 6:30. And she probably went into her daughter's room and nudged her, telling her to get up and feed and change her son because Grandma was leaving for work. And it might have been a heated exchange between them that triggered this whole ugly thing. :rose: Grandma might have chided her for being out so late, and reminded her she needed to grow up and be more responsible for her child, etc.

I have had the same thoughts. That's what I meant about grandma feeling some guilt. If she was on Shelby's butt to get up and take care of Tyler before she left for work that morning...obvious to us that she shouldn't feel guilty but I'm sure she would anyway.

I don't know if Shelby's bf was trying to be heartless though. I think he is just trying to make sense of it all, and having a hard time believing that someone he was so close to could be capable of being so cold-blooded.

Speaking of cold-blooded, I remember the prosecuter calling this a hot-blooded rather than a cold-blooded murder. That may be true, but the cover-up and aftermath was as cold-blooded as they come.

I agree that he is being honest as well. One thing that got me thinking....Shelbys bf stated that she called to invite him and his roomate over for breakfast for 11am. The bf stated that he always took a short cut to Shelby's house, he would go past the cemetry and walk right past the bush area where Tyler was found. This makes me think that she planned it this way possibly to put blame/point fingers at these 2 young men. She is putting them at the house, they walked right past the deceased child. She then goes to wake up Tyler and lets on that she discovers him missing. This puts the 2 men right at the scene and the BF calls 911.

Another point- he states that Shelby doesn't drink. Did she not state in an earlier link that she came home drunk????

I would be in hiding too if I were Shelbys mom.

If the toddler did wake around 630, perhaps he talked, played etc in the crib, Gma left for work, then he started crying, eventually screaming to be let out of the crib.

Your theory about setting her boyfriend up to find Tyler's body is something I hadn't thought of. If she didn't go home and go back to sleep after dumping Tyler, then she had hours to come up with a plan. Horrible.

I have had the same thoughts. That's what I meant about grandma feeling some guilt. If she was on Shelby's butt to get up and take care of Tyler before she left for work that morning...obvious to us that she shouldn't feel guilty but I'm sure she would anway.

I don't know if Shelby's bf was trying to be heartless though. I think he is just trying to make sense of it all, and having a hard time believing that someone he was so close to could be capable of being so cold-blooded.

Speaking of cold-blooded, I remember the prosecuter calling this a hot-blooded rather than a cold-blooded murder. That may be true, but the cover-up and aftermath was as cold-blooded as they come.

Yes, I agree that heartless was the wrong term for what Shelby's bf said. I don't think he was being mean, just searching for a way to make sense of this tragedy. I feel horrible for him. I agree with earlier posts which say that she may have been trying to implicate him by inviting him for 11 am brunch and placing the child's body right by where he would be walking himself.

Now THAT is heartless.

Awful if in fact her mom made her go back to school and tried to make her irresponsible 20 yr old woman up and become a decent responsible mother and this killed her baby instead of being his mommy.I hate her, she was not a 15/16 yr old with a child who kept her up for days.If she was sleep deprived it was because she was a her boyfriends house watching guys play video games WTH!!

Yes, I agree that heartless was the wrong term for what Shelby's bf said. I don't think he was being mean, just searching for a way to make sense of this tragedy. I feel horrible for him. I agree with earlier posts which say that she may have been trying to implicate him by inviting him for 11 am brunch and placing the child's body right by where he would be walking himself.

Now THAT is heartless.

He says he cared for Tyler then why did he think her being at his house till 2:30AM was a good idea when she had a baby to take care of!Does he work?Who is he to say anything about the grandmother who most likely was the main caretaker!He didn't keep a roof over their head grandma did OMG Tyler's monster is just too close to the thing that gave birth to my grandson.But If anything ever:furious::furious: happened to my grandson I would be the one in a jail cell for murder 1!:furious::furious::furious::furious:

He says he cared for Tyler then why did he think her being at his house till 2:30AM was a good idea when she had a baby to take care of!Does he work?Who is he to say anything about the grandmother who most likely was the main caretaker!He didn't keep a roof over their head grandma did OMG Tyler's monster is just too close to the thing that gave birth to my grandson.But If anything ever:furious::furious: happened to my grandson I would be the one in a jail cell for murder 1!:furious::furious::furious::furious:

I don't think I believe him.

I know what you mean.
bbm

Anyone make out what the boyfriends T shirt says?

You can only see a little of it but maybe "south"? I know there is a South Pole brand that JC Penney carries. A lot of the wannabe teen types wear that brand. The pants and jackets usually have huge lettering but sometimes the t-shirts are a little more muted like the one he has on.

Make sure to watch the whole video. It's nearly 30 minutes long.
The bf, he's not lying. He is a straight shooter. moo

I don't know exactly.. he seems to be trying really hard to "sell himself" and in turn, her. I wish I could get a better look at his shirt.. the letter design looked like an SRH (Stoners reeking havoc) shirt.

You can only see a little of it but maybe "south"? I know there is a South Pole brand that JC Penney carries. A lot of the wannabe teen types wear that brand. The pants and jackets usually have huge lettering but sometimes the t-shirts are a little more muted like the one he has on.

I watched again and I think you are right.. I think it says south..

Hopefully they drug tested her when she was arrested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasadams106048
Back