Moorers' Bond Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
exactlytruly hope my post was not misunderstood. I was not speaking of WS when I talked about "new lows in behavior". I was astounded at Casey Anthony partying when her child has gone "poof", and shocked at Jodi Arias attending Travis's funeral and posting tributes to him after she slaughtered him, and now we have dear Tammy who was all over Facebook and who knows how many other sites, spewing hate for the victim and her family, and who is now trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes trying to get out of jail with this excuse or that excuse......and the things posted by HER family members and "supporters" ....it's like an "everybody into the pool" scenario. Maybe I don't get out enough and am just a country mouse, but it just seems "to me" like very case gets more unbelievable.

So, sorry! I was not talking about this community! and I am glad we have rules here!

I would like to know exactly what your opinion is because I am a teamheather member? Could you give examples? I know what I think but I would like your opinion to be more straight forward if you don't mind

Jumping off your post, I think part of it is regional (there is a term called Minnesota Nice which we use at work all the time and doesn't apply to enough people) where offensive things are pretty much ignored, and part of it is HOW someone disagrees. There is "I have a different take on that, I think..." and "I don't know why everyone says that when it is obvious....". Both are starters for disagreeing, but one is saying an individual sees thing differently, while the other accuses "everyone else" of not paying attention. It is my opinion that sometimes it is a poster's style that is offensive, not necessarily their words, and that is why some things stay up and some don't. After all, FB owners can delete whomever they want, and other people can complain about posts and get them deleted without owner permission (A la Dylan Redwine-OMG talk about low behavior...).

Social Media does not always bring out the best in people. JMO.

I use Minnesota nice too! Since I live here..

Couple of questions...

Since there is a gag order, how is it that it became publicly known about TM attorney requesting a reduction on the bond?

What does the gag order mean for the hearing scheduled in June?

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=802

gag order

n. a judge's order prohibiting the attorneys and the parties to a pending lawsuit or criminal prosecution from talking to the media or the public about the case. The supposed intent is to prevent prejudice due to pre-trial publicity which would influence potential jurors. A gag order has the secondary purpose of preventing the lawyers from trying the case in the press and on television, and thus creating a public mood (which could get ugly) in favor of one party or the other/

snip

Couple of questions...

Since there is a gag order, how is it that it became publicly known about TM attorney requesting a reduction on the bond?

What does the gag order mean for the hearing scheduled in June?

Hopefully we will be privy to some info from the June hearing. Lawyers involved in this trial will not be able to make comments but others attending the trial can.

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=802

gag order

n. a judge's order prohibiting the attorneys and the parties to a pending lawsuit or criminal prosecution from talking to the media or the public about the case. The supposed intent is to prevent prejudice due to pre-trial publicity which would influence potential jurors. A gag order has the secondary purpose of preventing the lawyers from trying the case in the press and on television, and thus creating a public mood (which could get ugly) in favor of one party or the other/

snip

I understand it prohibits the parties from talking about it. But, wasn't the request filed after the gag order? If so, how was it made known? Did someone in the media find the filing?

Similar question concerning upcoming hearing. Will the outcome be filed as public record or will it, in my guess, be sealed?

Thanks

Could be anybodies guess, imo. The docs from the first hearing were open to everyone but the search warrants were/are sealed.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

In the Jessica Ridgeway case, there was a gag order, but all of the documents that went through the court system were made public within 24 hours or so. For some reason, they took the page w/ the documents down but I remember there being one for requesting cameras in the courtroom, arguments for change of venues, etc. Every document filed by the media, the defense, the prosecution, and the judge was public. I think it just stops the lawyers and police from talking to the media about the case.

Snippet from the link above:

Tammy Moorer, charged in connection with the disappearance of 20-year-old Heather Elvis, is scheduled to reappear in an Horry County courtroom on May 23, according to attorneys.

The exact time of the hearing hasn’t been announced, but Jimmy Richardson, solicitor for the 15th Judicial Circuit, confirmed that’s the date Moorer’s request for bond reconsideration will be heard.

I sure hope someone charged with kidnapping and murder won't get parole.

Will this be like the last bond hearing, with reporters allowed inside? The gag order prevents the officials and lawyers from talking about the case, but does it also bar reporters from the courtroom?

Hoppy, will you be there and report back for us? Pretty please?

Ditto what Okiegranny said! Please Hoppy? I am one of the fan club! Your reporting was great!

Thanks for all the articles! I hope she doesn't get released. Anyone who would spring her is out of their mind. With luck, she will stay caged and maybe a little more info will come to light from the hearing. I also wonder why Sidney is not requesting his own bond hearing as well. And say hello to NJ for me. My sister lives near Toms River.

With the recent gunshots fired at her cousin in a car, I don't believe it's even safe for Tammy to be released now on bond ... surely someone will be out to get her.

With the recent gunshots fired at her cousin in a car, I don't believe it's even safe for Tammy to be released now on bond ... surely someone will be out to get her.

Is this cousin a vocal supporter of TM or just happen to be related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22