Morocco - Rayan, 5, died after being trapped down 100ft well, 1 Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The latest difficulty is that the posts they have placed in order to stabilize slopes from collapsing did not hold. I saw a video while they were preparing these earlier today (night there), but can't find it now.

They are so close but this last bit is so dangerous.
#BREAKING : Les tubes destinés à empêcher les effondrements lors des opérations de sauvetage à #SaveRayan n'ont pas tenu , selon les autorités marocaines
(my translation above)
https://twitter.com/ArabNewsfr/status/1489692166301659140

Oh dont, I don't think I can watch anymore after Julen. My 7yo seen a picture and came asking me about it, we live in an old stone quarry with a barred entrance, she was terrified, I told her they were so close to getting him...

Any updates yet ? My electronic isn’t picking up new posts on some threads but others are ok
Hope that he is rescued by now x

They’ve not reached him yet, they’re digging the last few feet (hopefully inches by now) by hand.

I’d recommend looking up @sh1fae on Twitter, she is translating Moroccan news bulletins.

Any updates yet ? My electronic isn’t picking up new posts on some threads but others are ok
Hope that he is rescued by now x

No sadly not.

I’ve been glued to the livestream for hours….not understanding a word..it’s now after midnight in Morocco & up until very recently someone was still welding what I guess is a metal pipe/ tube to shore up the passageway.

The safety of the rescuers & ground force is of paramount importance. I fear it may be too late to save the child…hope I’m wrong.

^ That was a water tank, with the sides welded off, to be used as further shoring protection in the horizontal tunnel I believe.
This is all gut wrenching.
The poor little boy may be unconscious by now...worried about dehydration etc.

^ That was a water tank, with the sides welded off, to be used as further shoring protection in the horizontal tunnel I believe.

Thanks you!

They did successfully get him to drink water and eat some food. So I think they can keep him hydrated. But what about the cold? I worry about his body temp...:(

They did successfully get him to drink water and eat some food. So I think they can keep him hydrated. But what about the cold? I worry about his body temp...:(
I think it stays warmer underground. I don’t know about 100’ down but I on an episode of Alone a gal dug a pit for her house because it stays warmer which requires less heating. So hopefully he’s not too cold.

That was on the first day. From what I understood he wasn't eating after that. Drinking I don't know....I hope so. I worry about hypothermia too. Would it be less cold deep in the earth, I don't know.

Rescue Team Spokesperson:
"There is great hope that Rayan is alive and we hope that the next few hours will bring good tidings"
Local official: "The second phase of the excavation operation to save Rayan is nearing its end"

though
RAYAN IS STILL BREATHING BUT WITH DIFFICULTY; that’s what many reports indicated. (source: @/moroccanworldnews 2 hours ago) #SaveRayan #أنقذوا_ريان
Local official: There is nothing new now regarding the health condition of the child, Rayan. #SaveRayan

It's been what 70 hours?
3:30 am there now.....everyone must be exhausted.
Let this end with the poor boy surviving this awful ordeal. They are moving mountains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back