Motion for George's Grand Jury Transcript MERGED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the SA is going to call GA back for another depo and present him with his Grand Jury testimony and hold him to the wall!:waitasec:

ITA -- Just like the one interview with GA when he's telling LE about the smell and he knew what the smell was. He also told them when they figured out what happened to tell him first so he could tell CA because it would kill her. And, IIRC, that was the same interview LE wanted to bring LA in, too, and GA told them not to tell him he was already there. IMO, GA told LE and the GJ a lot of stuff he'd never admit if he thought CA would've heard. If we get ahold of that, I think there's going to be some juicy stuff . . .

Remember how beside himself he was having to testify at the GJ? Saying it was the hardest thing he'd ever have to do? If he had nothing incriminating, I wouldn't think it would be that difficult . . . Just sayin . . .

Yep, you're right. I've also been thinking about the fact that Mark NeJame was his attorney the day George appeared before the GJ, and I have a feeling MN would have been adamant that GA had to testify truthfully, no matter how reluctantly. Remember, MN's job was to protect his clients GA and CA, and lying to the grand jury carries big penalties (except possibly for the A's who seem to be able to waltz right over rules and laws and the people who make and enforce them :( ). Anyway, MN didn't give a d@*m about KC, and he would have tried to make GA understand the need to testify truthfully before the GJ. I don't know whether MN was allowed inside the GJ room, does anyone know?

Yep, you're right. I've also been thinking about the fact that Mark NeJame was his attorney the day George appeared before the GJ, and I have a feeling MN would have been adamant that GA had to testify truthfully, no matter how reluctantly. Remember, MN's job was to protect his clients GA and CA, and lying to the grand jury carries big penalties (except possibly for the A's who seem to be able to waltz right over rules and laws and the people who make and enforce them :( ). Anyway, MN didn't give a d@*m about KC, and he would have tried to make GA understand the need to testify truthfully before the GJ. I don't know whether MN was allowed inside the GJ room, does anyone know?

I agree,Friday. I remember one of the first news conferences MN had .He was obviously trying to distance the A's from what Casey did.He could see that public opinion was turning against them.Maybe it was just me,but it also seemed apparent he thought Casey was guilty of something.He was the best thing to happen to the A's during that period,IMO. But they've been on self-destruct since day 32 and even MN couldn't stop them from imploding.

I believe the SA are on a course of action to box George in. After they receive the GJ testimony and review it - they will decide what to do about George! I'm sure they will be sharing with GA and BC their findings and perhaps allow GA another opportunity to state the FACTS or face impeachment!:waitasec:George is going to find out you can't play with the SA and not get burned!!:croc:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witness_impeachment[/ame]

Inconsistent Statement--The witness has made two or more conflicting statements. By exposing his conflicting statements, you reduce his credibility

I believe he did indeed go into the room with GA. I believe it was alluded to in the interview when they were leaving the court house that day. I think it may be in the WFTV link I posted on the last page.

:blowkiss:

Yes, I do believe witnesses are allowed to have an attorney present.

ETA: Sorry, my statement above appears to be incorrect. Please see Patty G's post (thanks Patty!)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4253107&postcount=279"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LIST Questions and Answers #8 LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION[/ame]

As long as the S.A. can read it..
Legal Experts- if the SA has the transcript of GA's testimony, but it is still to be kept secret outside his office, can he even refer to the testimony in Court?

No, he won't. If the SA finds inconsistencies in GA's testimony the SA will have to file a Motion to Unseal those portions. Of if he files any briefs referring said GJ testimony the cited references will need to be filed under seal.

Really Dumb Question: We haven't seen transcripts of George's most recent SA depo, have we?

Miss James, IMHO I think you are spot on. I think of GA hiding from CA to talk to LE and not wanting LA to know either, and his comments to LE and apologizing for CA's behavior and untruths to LE. And I think of how GA told CA that it was rotting pizza that caused the decomp odor (IMO to protect CA from the truth) and how CA took that and ran with it, to protect herself from having to admit it was human decomp which would mean the child was dead, in the trunk, and that her daughter had killed Caylee. And I think of LKL, and how nervous GA was when LK specifically asked GA about the smell. GA just couldn't tell the truth about what he thought in front of Cindy - and how he took a breath and then spouted off about the pizza. And I then think about the interview with NeJame in front of the courthouse. GA knew that what he said before the GJ would be secret and protected and CA would never find out. GA told the truth to the Grand Jury.

But as long as CA would hear what GA was saying, GA told lies that would be acceptable to CA.

And I think the reason was that GA was trying desparately to protect CA. CA was his livelihood, he didn't want the divorce she had been threatening him with. For GA, telling the lies was self-preservation. Protect CA from the truth at all costs, and put up a united front, and then GA would also be protecting himself. And he followed CA's lead.

He just didn't anticipate the LE interviews would be made public, and he never ever thought there would be a possibility that the GJ testimony would be released. GA told the truth when he thought he could, when he thought he had to, and when he thought he was protected by law.

IMO, GA knew when he first smelled the decomp odor at the tow yard what had happened. I do not think that GA or CA had anything to do with the murder/accident or any sort of physical cover up, i.e. moving or hiding the body. That was all KC.

JMHO

I think you might be spot on in your analysis of GA's behavior. He has indicated that he knew more than he was telling in his interviews with LE. I think there may be a different "truth" in regards to what George did or did not see on June 16, 2008, and what happened on June 24, 2008 and what he might have seen in the trunk of Casey's car that day.

But, will George be able to tell the truth when it comes to the trial? If by telling the truth, that truth convicts Casey, Cindy will banish him from their home without hesitation. You don't cross Cindy without paying a price.

Try this one MJ - It has audio on my puter!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPYDt2LBvaY"]YouTube - Prime News 10/7/09 Casey Part 2[/ame]

Try this one MJ - It has audio on my puter!!

YouTube - Prime News 10/7/09 Casey Part 2

essies, did ya happen to catch the interview with Pam as to why the evidence got booted about about the case in Fla against the former astronaut? I only caught the tail end of the interview with her and it got me wondering if JB and crew can get any of the evidence against KC booted as well? All the evidence was about the rope, the wig she wore in the airport and all. Scary thought with that one.

Nathisha Lance stated on Prime News tonight that once the State turns over the transcript to the Defense it will then be released to the public. I don't know if this is accurate or not based on the order that Judge Strickland issued -

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21218532/detail.html

the key words in this order are: "the original of said transcript shall be delivered to the State Attorney and all of the grand jury secrecy pursuant to Florida Statue 905.27 shall remain in effect pending further order of this court."

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

Attachments

• Judge's Order.JPG
    Judge's Order.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 5
Really Dumb Question: We haven't seen transcripts of George's most recent SA depo, have we?

Nope not yet. But if the SA files a motion to unseal the portions of the GJ testimony we might see excerpts from his depo.

Prime News never has a transcript posted. :(

shucks.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members