Motion for George's Grand Jury Transcript MERGED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean it will become part of discovery and eventually released to the public?

Does that mean it will become part of discovery and eventually released to the public?

At this point, I am just grateful that the SA will be able to compare GA's ever changing story. It would be an added bonus if we could see it, but I'm not gonna complain if we can't.:woohoo:

Miss James, IMHO I think you are spot on. I think of GA hiding from CA to talk to LE and not wanting LA to know either, and his comments to LE and apologizing for CA's behavior and untruths to LE. And I think of how GA told CA that it was rotting pizza that caused the decomp odor (IMO to protect CA from the truth) and how CA took that and ran with it, to protect herself from having to admit it was human decomp which would mean the child was dead, in the trunk, and that her daughter had killed Caylee. And I think of LKL, and how nervous GA was when LK specifically asked GA about the smell. GA just couldn't tell the truth about what he thought in front of Cindy - and how he took a breath and then spouted off about the pizza. And I then think about the interview with NeJame in front of the courthouse. GA knew that what he said before the GJ would be secret and protected and CA would never find out. GA told the truth to the Grand Jury.

But as long as CA would hear what GA was saying, GA told lies that would be acceptable to CA.

And I think the reason was that GA was trying desparately to protect CA. CA was his livelihood, he didn't want the divorce she had been threatening him with. For GA, telling the lies was self-preservation. Protect CA from the truth at all costs, and put up a united front, and then GA would also be protecting himself. And he followed CA's lead.

He just didn't anticipate the LE interviews would be made public, and he never ever thought there would be a possibility that the GJ testimony would be released. GA told the truth when he thought he could, when he thought he had to, and when he thought he was protected by law.

IMO, GA knew when he first smelled the decomp odor at the tow yard what had happened. I do not think that GA or CA had anything to do with the murder/accident or any sort of physical cover up, i.e. moving or hiding the body. That was all KC.

JMHO

Star12, I think you've done a great job of explaining GA's mindset. If he were to tell the truth once more to a jury, I think given the background of the GA /CA relationship, the jury would believe him, especially if CA has already taken the stand. I don't think there's anyway a jury is going to warm to CA. CA will most likely be charged with perjury IMO.

Unfortunately, I think GA's truth telling days are over. Unemployed, tied to the Caylee Foundation, and CA he is going to say whatever is necessary for his own self-preservation.

At one time I thought CA would kick him to the curb when this is all over, but now, I think they're all going to be in preservation mode to hold together what family they have left. And actually, by sticking together, sticking to a story, it gives the 3 remaining family members the only glue they have to hold them together. Later resentments will come, and I really don't see how this marriage will survive. I think GA's mental state will be a worry. This man knows the truth, yet has had to hide the truth from his wife to save his marriage. While that has apparently worked in the short run, it won't work in the long run, and he will come to despise himself, a huge risk for him mentally IMO.

I think he will be a suicide risk in the future. CA, no. She likes herself too much. She might threaten GA by telling him she will commit suicide if he doesn't stick to the story, but it would be a ploy only. Again, MOO.

And MORE & MORE RATS!!!!!
Did Cindy testify before the grand jury?? just askin'

Why does the OS say in it's article that Casey was arrested the day AFTER GA's grand jury testimony? It was all the same dang day! GRRR!

I hope this helps the prosecution, I would love to read it but I'll settle for it just helping the case along as far as it can.

Please refresh my memory-- Was Jose Baez or anyone from KC's defence team present during the George's testimony to the GJ?

And MORE & MORE RATS!!!!!
Did Cindy testify before the grand jury?? just askin'

Nope, she didn't. She was at JB's office holding Casey's fake crying hand then trying to avoid the media when it was known Casey was indicted. :sick:

Please refresh my memory-- Was Jose Baez or anyone from KC's defence team present during the George's testimony to the GJ?

No, they were all at JB's office holding a presser saying Caylee was Casey's daughter and Casey was also someones daughter all while Casey poked her eyes to try to get tears out. She wore the famous grey striped pants.

No, they were all at JB's office holding a presser saying Caylee was Casey's daughter and Casey was also someones daughter all while Casey poked her eyes to try to get tears out. She wore the famous grey striped pants.

Thanks, IM, that's great news because if GA thought CA would never know what he said, he may have told the truth to the GJ. If so, he would then (naturally and characteristically) have lied to her, JB, et al and pretended he didn't tell any really incriminating truths. In turn, that may cause some violent shocks to the defense team. :) :)

So disappointed we won't find out what GA said in a discovery release, though.
I wonder if Judge Strictland's wording simply means that all other parts of the proceedings and testimony except GA's testimony will remain secret. IOW, Sunshine law will apply only to GA's testimony, and all else will remain secret? Thoughts or info, anyone?

I think the whole thing will be kept secret unless they decide to use it at trial then ONLY the parts they are referring to will be opened up to the Sunshine laws.

I believe one of our lawyer friends posted about how that would work recently. I'm trying to find the post to reference it for you without luck! LOL!

Thanks, IM, that's great news because if GA thought CA would never know what he said, he may have told the truth to the GJ. If so, he would then (naturally and characteristically) have lied to her, JB, et al and pretended he didn't tell any really incriminating truths. In turn, that may cause some violent shocks to the defense team. :) :)

ITA -- Just like the one interview with GA when he's telling LE about the smell and he knew what the smell was. He also told them when they figured out what happened to tell him first so he could tell CA because it would kill her. And, IIRC, that was the same interview LE wanted to bring LA in, too, and GA told them not to tell him he was already there. IMO, GA told LE and the GJ a lot of stuff he'd never admit if he thought CA would've heard. If we get ahold of that, I think there's going to be some juicy stuff . . .

Remember how beside himself he was having to testify at the GJ? Saying it was the hardest thing he'd ever have to do? If he had nothing incriminating, I wouldn't think it would be that difficult . . . Just sayin . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez