Motion In Limine To Exclude Mental Health Experts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll miss today's hearing...WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PT appointment

Jose's opening 2 minutes, in theory,

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. We have a tragic story of a young mother who was on the computer while her daughter was taking a nap. She then got up and went in to check on her and found her bed empty. She became hysterical running around the house frantically looking for her. Not finding her in the house, she ran into the backyard. To her horror she found her beloved daughter floating in the pool. She jumped in and pulled her out. She began CPR. To no avail. She lay her down in the backyard not knowing what to do. She began to call her mother over and over and she would not answer.

At this point, because Casey had been on computer surfing and not attending to her daughter her mind began to race. She was afraid, that once again her mother would blame her for being a bad mother. Like she always had done. Nothing was ever good enough for Cindy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me now explain to you what happened in the next month. Casey's mind snapped. She finally was the worst mother in the world as her mother always opined. She went into a fugue like state. Her next actions were completely dissociated from reality. She was in a dream. She covered the whole incident up. She wrapped her daughters body up in familiar clothes and cloths from home. She had no idea about decomposing bodies and was astounded at the rapid rate her beloved daughter's body changed. She frantically placed tape around her facial orifices to keep them from leaking and placed a final kiss goodbye on her mouth in the form of a heart-shaped sticker. Then she placed in the final resting place of her beloved pets from when she was a child.

Still in a state of shock, she reverted back to the age she was before she became pregnant and delivered a child. Back to the carefree days when she worked at Universal, becoming independent and earning her own money. Back when she was happy. But then she would meet a man, slightly older than herself, with a child already. She fell in love, he only to completely reject her. She found herself pregnant, dejected, and like many a young woman in this circumstance in denial of her pregnancy. Thus, began a terrible beginning of dissociation from reality and fantasy. Universal was her first found freedom. Universal is where she found severe pain. She would later return there, one day, terribly with the police.

The next month, she lived as that young 19 year pre-mother days. Like any normal 19 year old would. She lived as she had no memory of being pregnant, giving birth, being a mother and the tragic accident and what she did to cover it up.

Facts will show that in this month she went out to clubs, had dates with boyfriends and got a tattoo. Normal 19 yr old activities. However she found herself without money, and reverting to the dissociative state, used another's checkbook to buy normal everyday teenager items.

Even when all came to light and police were involved, she actually took them to the Universal studios as if she herself still believed she worked there, like when she was 19. As police continued to question her, she went in and out of this dissociative state, not able to admit the horrific events of that terrible afternoon, finally resorting to a telling herself and her mother and the police of a of a beautiful, capable nanny that she allowed to babysit her child to cover over what Cindy would surely accuse her of being a neglectful mother. She might have even believed this nanny was real to compensate for her own shortcomings as a mother.

What we have here is a young woman, so afraid of her own mother, so insecure of her own abilities at being a mom herself that when this horrible accident occurred she completely reverted back to the days before her precious baby girl was born. She literally blocked it out because reality was too horrible for her to face.

Fellow citizens, I will show you that much like the harried mother who unwittingly left her baby in a overheated car and was later found dead, Casey is in her own personal hell and will never forgive herself. What this suffering young mother needs from you is mercy and not condemnation.

The KEY to this whole case and why KC denied her pregnancy, denied being a mom and eventually denied Caylee her life, (IMO) is the man who she fell for, impregnated her and left her (or really never cared for her...but she thought he did). I will bet this is a man she met at Universal.

Why the defense has not explored who the Father of Caylee Is...I will never understand....Key to the whole case...imo... (and to her supposed and or real PTSD)

If the Defense tracked this guy down...I think it would be an epic explosion.

But this defense won't work. If Casey has reverted to being 19, before she ever had a baby, why was she constantly making up lies to tell her friends and parents about where Caylee was? "Oh, she's at Disney with the Nanny." If she'd actually dissociated and reverted to being 19, she'd be saying "Caylee? Who is this Caylee you are talking about?"

Tink

That's a nice fairy tale! Where does the chloroform fit into that happy little farce?
Add to that that no psychiatrist has diagnosed KC with any mental disorder, which would most likely eliminate dissociative disorders.

Casey Defense Withdraws Mental Health Experts
Defense Removes Second Expert From Witness List During Hearing

WESH.com
updated 4/15/2011 2:46:15 PM ET 2011-04-15T18:46:15
Share Print Font: +-WESH.com

ORLANDO, Fla. --

Casey Anthony's defense withdrew a second mental health expert Friday that it wanted to testify at the trial.

The battle over the testimony stemmed from the 31 days in between when Caylee Anthony went missing and when she was first ever reported as such.

Casey maintained that she was doing a search of her own, but prosecutors said she repeatedly lied to investigators during that time period.

The state claims Anthony's actions during that month in 2008 show Anthony's so-called "consciousness of guilt."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42612244/

I'm guessing it's safer to withdraw these MHE than have ICA take the stand, eh...I wanted so much to hear an explanation from her own mouth, no that it would do any good, just to see her squirm....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

But this defense won't work. If Casey has reverted to being 19, before she ever had a baby, why was she constantly making up lies to tell her friends and parents about where Caylee was? "Oh, she's at Disney with the Nanny." If she'd actually dissociated and reverted to being 19, she'd be saying "Caylee? Who is this Caylee you are talking about?"

Tink

Dissociation doesn't require complete memory block out. I envision the defense getting up and admitting to all the lies to try to "thwart" the state's main case. She could have still reverted to and lived in pre-pregancy behavior, with slips of reality seeping in. Hence the lies.

You have all heard of stories of pregnant teens going through their entire pregnancy in denial (where even those closest to them don't even know they are pregnant) and then killing their child at birth. Remember the "prom mom?" They still know they are pregnant but act as if they are not. Dissociation.

That's a nice fairy tale! Where does the chloroform fit into that happy little farce?
Add to that that no psychiatrist has diagnosed KC with any mental disorder, which would most likely eliminate dissociative disorders.

Chloroform would come from the pool. (The defense could then claim that no one could prove who was on the "family" computer)

I think they could have said she started the dissociation/prolonged PTSD when she became pregnant. Their is evidence of the denial of her pregnancy within her own family.

I am not even sure I even have the right mental term....what term is it when you live as if an obvious reality isn't occurring (like when pregnant teens deny being pregnant right up to giving birth and revert right back to their pre-pregnancy lifestyle?)

You would have to believe, first and foremost, that CA did not know KC was pregnant. I do not believe CA did not know. She is a nurse and claiming her daughter was having female problems and then NOT following up with a doctor's visit. And at the June wedding CA and KC attended KC was clearly not hiding her pregnancy from anyone, just denying it which for the A's seems to be fun and games at the expense of others.

And, pleassssse tell me CA did not say that CA saw signs of KC continuing to have her cycle. I had two daughters and never remember noticing when they did or didn't unless they mentioned it. With a younger brother in the house they were pretty considerate about leaving any signs of anything about so I find CA noticing any type of activity suspect, unless she were actually looking for evidence that KC was indeed pregnant. But I think CA knew pretty early on. GA, not so much.

FYI: A's never used chlorine in their pool. They used a natural bio-cleaner. jmo

You would have to believe, first and foremost, that CA did not know KC was pregnant. I do not believe CA did not know. She is a nurse and claiming her daughter was having female problems and then NOT following up with a doctor's visit. And at the June wedding CA and KC attended KC was clearly not hiding her pregnancy from anyone, just denying it which for the A's seems to be fun and games at the expense of others.

And, pleassssse tell me CA did not say that CA saw signs of KC continuing to have her cycle. I had two daughters and never remember noticing when they did or didn't unless they mentioned it. With a younger brother in the house they were pretty considerate about leaving any signs of anything about so I find CA noticing any type of activity suspect, unless she were actually looking for evidence that KC was indeed pregnant. But I think CA knew pretty early on. GA, not so much.

FYI: A's never used chlorine in their pool. They used a natural bio-cleaner. jmo

I look forward to Cindy's brothers testimony. I remember reading a statement by him about the family wedding they all attended when Casey was about 6 months pregnant. [ the June one you described.]

The way he tells it, he and his family were surprised to see Casey was so obviously pregnant. He got a chance to pull Cindy aside and asked her about it. Not only did she deny that Casey was pregnant, she even said to her brother that she KNOWS she wasn't because she knows she is still a virgin.

Talk about DENIAL !

I look forward to Cindy's brothers testimony. I remember reading a statement by him about the family wedding they all attended when Casey was about 6 months pregnant. [ the June one you described.]

The way he tells it, he and his family were surprised to see Casey was so obviously pregnant. He got a chance to pull Cindy aside and asked her about it. Not only did she deny that Casey was pregnant, she even said to her brother that she KNOWS she wasn't because she knows she is still a virgin.

Talk about DENIAL !

Is he on anyones witness list? I didn't think we would be hearing from him at trial?

Is he on anyones witness list? I didn't think we would be hearing from him at trial?

He and his mother are on the state's witness list. Not that they will use him but I see them using Shirley.

Perhaps someone can give me some insight...yesterday when discussing the photos, LDB argued for admission of the picture of Casey that showed her "happy". Was there a reason for her using that word? She said that it would go to proving there was no coercion on LE's part...that Casey didn't feel threatened by them...that she willingly came to the station to help in preparing a poster to put out to the public. But, why did they need a picture of Casey? IMO, it did show her state of mind. I am extremely curious about all the "hypotheticals" the defense wanted to have admitted into evidence via the testimony of the MH experts. I can't see anything they could put forth that would eradicate the sense of well-being that Casey showed in that photo.

Perhaps someone can give me some insight...yesterday when discussing the photos, LDB argued for admission of the picture of Casey that showed her "happy". Was there a reason for her using that word? She said that it would go to proving there was no coercion on LE's part...that Casey didn't feel threatened by them...that she willingly came to the station to help in preparing a poster to put out to the public. But, why did they need a picture of Casey? IMO, it did show her state of mind. I am extremely curious about all the "hypotheticals" the defense wanted to have admitted into evidence via the testimony of the MH experts. I can't see anything they could put forth that would eradicate the sense of well-being that Casey portrayed in that photo.

This picture was taken just prior to her arrest before they made the final decision. I would think they took it because they wanted information on when Caylee was last seen and a picture of KC, too, might jog someone's memory more so than just a picture of Caylee. After taking the picture I'm sure Yuri looked at it and said this is in no way a Mom who is concerned about finding her child.

The picture shows a happy, carefree, smiling KC who obviously was not concerned about being arrested and felt LE had bought her story hook, line and sinker. jmo

This picture was taken just prior to her arrest before they made the final decision. I would think they took it because they wanted information on when Caylee was last seen and a picture of KC, too, might jog someone's memory more so than just a picture of Caylee. After taking the picture I'm sure Yuri looked at it and said this is in no way a Mom who is concerned about finding her child.

The picture shows a happy, carefree, smiling KC who obviously was not concerned about being arrested and felt LE had bought her story hook, line and sinker. jmo
So "happy" was just used for happy's sake. LOL

A few years ago, in my town, a newborn baby was found in a dumpster. Fortunately, he was rescued, alive. An only child, teen, daughter of 2 medical physicians, who hid her entire pregnancy, gave birth and threw the baby away.

A few years ago, in my town, a newborn baby was found in a dumpster. Fortunately, he was rescued, alive. An only child, teen, daughter of 2 medical physicians, who hid her entire pregnancy, gave birth and threw the baby away.
Yeah, but Casey was as big as a house at 7 months (we've all seen the pics from Uncle Rick's wedding), and not an overweight female who could hide it. If it truly were "female problems" or a tumor, Cindy still had a medical and parental responsibility to see to it that Casey got seen by a doctor!

Yeah, but Casey was as big as a house at 7 months (we've all seen the pics form Uncle Ric's wedding), and not an overweight female who could hide it. If it truly were "female problems" or a tumor, Cindy still had a medical and parental responsibility to see to it that Casey got seen by a doctor!

Yes, and the dress she wore to Uncle Rick's wedding was quite "clingy" and left nothing to the imagination. jmo

Dissociation doesn't require complete memory block out. I envision the defense getting up and admitting to all the lies to try to "thwart" the state's main case. She could have still reverted to and lived in pre-pregancy behavior, with slips of reality seeping in. Hence the lies.

You have all heard of stories of pregnant teens going through their entire pregnancy in denial (where even those closest to them don't even know they are pregnant) and then killing their child at birth. Remember the "prom mom?" They still know they are pregnant but act as if they are not. Dissociation.

Very interesting thought. I figured those girls simply did not want to tell their parents out of fear, and they did not have the money or the means (where consent is mandatory) to get an abortion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME
Back