Motive For Murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure. first inclination is to say no.

If this research bothered RC, would he choose to work for 4 years as an animal tech in a cancer research facility?

on the other hand:
Could be that's WHY he worked there - as a mouse advocate?

I guess you could argue either way, jersey.

dark minds are hard to see through.

No, I'm totally with you on this...just thought I should throw it out there since I found some of the mice got cancer...thought it may be curious, even though it goes with the nature of a scientists research in her field.

I don't think MWright was saying Annie did anything to provoke him. I posted something similar before - RC might have worked with Ph.D.s before, but maybe he never had to report to a tiny, cute, young girl before.

Not that it's right. Its sexist and awful. In my personal experience - I'm a corporate lawyer, at 5'1" with freckles and I could probably pass for 17 if I tried. There have been men at work who served as "support staff" who were clearly uncomfortable with the fact that I was the "superior" in the working relationship. At times making sexual comments I wish I didn't hear. And I mean, in our society, any woman who achieves even a modicum of success is often thought of as "emasculating." Make that "emasculated" man a sociopath, and I don't think its a stretch to imagine him as a murderer.

Its sick.

GOOD for you for achieving success in the business world! Sorry you have had to experience all that foolish behavior...It happens in every profession and is insulting. Doubt Annie did much of anything substantial to provoke him; interpretation of her responses and requests lie within Raymond...certainly she isn't the first brilliant woman Raymond has interacted with...what was it about Annie that brought out murderous rage in him? Sorry, I do think he is guilty so that's the side of the coin I'm coming from. moo

I don't think MWright was saying Annie did anything to provoke him. I posted something similar before - RC might have worked with Ph.D.s before, but maybe he never had to report to a tiny, cute, young girl before.

Not that it's right. Its sexist and awful. In my personal experience - I'm a corporate lawyer, at 5'1" with freckles and I could probably pass for 17 if I tried. There have been men at work who served as "support staff" who were clearly uncomfortable with the fact that I was the "superior" in the working relationship. At times making sexual comments I wish I didn't hear. And I mean, in our society, any woman who achieves even a modicum of success is often thought of as "emasculating." Make that "emasculated" man a sociopath, and I don't think its a stretch to imagine him as a murderer.

Its sick.

Yes, this is what I was trying to say, except that you wrote it (here and in your previous post) so much more eloquently. ;)

GOOD for you for achieving success in the business world! Sorry you have had to experience all that foolish behavior...It happens in every profession and is insulting. Doubt Annie did much of anything substantial to provoke him; interpretation of her responses and requests lie within Raymond...certainly she isn't the first brilliant woman Raymond has interacted with...what was it about Annie that brought out murderous rage in him? Sorry, I do think he is guilty so that's the side of the coin I'm coming from. moo

I like your focus eyes4crime. What was it about Annie?

noodling:

What's different about Annie from the other grad students on Tuesday?

Annie was all "wedding wedding wedding!!!! so excited".
maybe RC's fiance was too. and maybe RC was sick of that.

perhaps that knowledge added fuel to the fire of whatever confrontation occurred Tuesday between them.

just a thought. not necessarily brilliant, but trying to stay within your focused question.

Quote from Connecticut News:

>snip
In May, Clark’s girlfriend wrote on her MySpace page about a rumor that her boyfriend, whom she calls Ray, was cheating on her with the girl who works at the Yale lab.>snip

Clark's in love with Le, according to Clark's girlfriend they were having an affair. Clark became obessive because he could not have Le. Anger provoked the strangulation of Le which is considered a personal act.

I really doubt that they were actually having an affair. I will be really surprised if we find out they were, but I could be wrong.

Maybe he made suggestive comments to Annie while he worked near her and she thought it was just humorous, so she joked along? That made him believe she really might be interested? Although I have trouble with that theory also.

I wonder if Clark was obsessed with Annie and talked about her so much at home, and in such detail, (all fantasy stuff), that the girlfriend began to believe he actually was having an affair with her.

I really doubt that they were actually having an affair. I will be really surprised if we find out they were, but I could be wrong.

Maybe he made suggestive comments to Annie while he worked near her and she thought it was just humorous, so she joked along? That made him believe she really might be interested? Although I have trouble with that theory also.

I wonder if Clark was obsessed with Annie and talked about her so much at home, and in such detail, (all fantasy stuff), that the girlfriend began to believe he actually was having an affair with her.

Maybe so. That she sent Princeton a picture of her rear end shows that she wasn't a prude and liked to joke around.

At one place I used to work, some of the women would do things like pinch my *advertiser censored* and I would joke and say stuff like, "That felt good...do it again!" The ladies I worked with knew I was full of crap, but if RC is crazy enough to kill, it's untelling how he may have wrongly interpreted a lighthearted joke if Le joked around with him.

I like your focus eyes4crime. What was it about Annie?

noodling:

What's different about Annie from the other grad students on Tuesday?

Annie was all "wedding wedding wedding!!!! so excited".
maybe RC's fiance was too. and maybe RC was sick of that.

perhaps that knowledge added fuel to the fire of whatever confrontation occurred Tuesday between them.

just a thought. not necessarily brilliant, but trying to stay within your focused question.

Not only what what made Annie different from other grad students on Tuesday, but what made her different from ALL the grad students he had interacted with in the past few years? Maybe getting engaged and living with his fiance made him exceptionally sensitive toward a happy, vibrant, secure woman. Wonder what was going on in raymond's life/mind that had recently changed?

Maybe so. That she sent Princeton a picture of her rear end shows that she wasn't a prude and liked to joke around.

At one place I used to work, some of the women would do things like pinch my *advertiser censored* and I would joke and say stuff like, "That felt good...do it again!" The ladies I worked with knew I was full of crap, but if RC is crazy enough to kill, it's untelling how he may have wrongly interpreted a lighthearted joke if Le joked around with him.

That's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking.

I would bet there was no fling. Smile, be polite, and wonder why he didn't further his education if you ever even gave him a second thought. If you ever grew up in a home where education was everything-those who don't have it, you wonder why, especially when they seem to be intelligent enough to go further. Generally not part of the dating pool. Just from what I know about people driven to succeed.

No, I'm totally with you on this...just thought I should throw it out there since I found some of the mice got cancer...thought it may be curious, even though it goes with the nature of a scientists research in her field.

1. Growing cancer in mice is a very standard lab technique, at least 20 years old.
2. I did not find in PubMedCentral any paper authored jointly by Le and Bennett. Where did you see that?!

In order for someone to feel superior or exercise control over another, he or she must have been given that power prior. For this reason, I could see a possible previous unhealthy fling between the two that gave him the 'courage' to exercise this power; that is, to feel comfortable scornfully directing someone clearly superior in every way. I could be dead wrong, but I don't think a hidden admiration or obsession, coupled with something as trivial as mouse etiquette, would lead to such an unbound rage. Her taking back her power with gusto however, could've caused a struggle of epic proportions.

Not only what what made Annie different from other grad students on Tuesday, but what made her different from ALL the grad students he had interacted with in the past few years? Maybe getting engaged and living with his fiance made him exceptionally sensitive toward a happy, vibrant, secure woman. Wonder what was going on in raymond's life/mind that had recently changed?

these are two different questions you are asking, IMO

1) what made Annie different? (in RC's mind)

and

2) what was going on in RC's life/mind that had changed?

We'll never know the the answer for either question for sure, since they involve getting in someone's head. (and, as we've said, it's dark in there.)

But the answers might just intersect at the wedding stuff.

Also, when you look at things that way, it swings us back to more of an infatuation motive. Most guys don't give a rat's arse (pardon the pun) that a chick at work is getting married. Maybe RC was bothered by it.

Changing directions, and looking at question 1)
Another way Annie might have been different in RC's mind:

If she really was having a problem with regard to the mice, and she really did mess things up and/or ignore/break protocol. Which RC cared about deeply.

And yet another angle, to look at question #2):
What had happened recently to change things for RC:

If Grad students were complaining about RC, and RC realized that was happening, perhaps RC had been rebuked by authority. Perhaps he felt his job was threatened via these complaints.

Then, it may not be about Annie so much, but about the fact that she was simply the next grad student who walked in, or messed up. And he was ripe for an escalation.

okay, thank you eyes4crime. now my brain hurts a little, though.

In order for someone to feel superior or seek control over another, he or she must have been given that power prior.

Hmm...I don't know if I agree this applies in all cases. Feelings of superiority and control are pre-existing in narcissists, megalomaniacs, etc. They feel superior in general, to everyone, without a "testing period," so to speak.

snipped
I guess I missed that one. Can you tell more about that - how do we know about a picture sent to Princeton? TIA...

Sources also said investigators are finding evidence that the pint-sized scientist who only weighed 90 pounds put up a fierce struggle with her attacker.
Blood splatter was found on a laundry cart, and a bead from her necklace was found on the floor of the basement lab where she was killed and stuffed into a wall panel.
Police also found a pair of bloody surgical gloves.
ABC News has also learned that Clark sent a text message to Le early Tuesday, Sept. 8, requesting a meeting to discuss the cleanliness of research mice, with which Le was working and the cages of which Clark cleaned.
Police were able to track Clark's movements by reviewing the data from his digital key card which shows he entered the building no fewer than 10 times, including after hours, on the day Le went missing, according to law enforcement sources.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/annie-le-suspect-raymond-clark-released-giving-dna/story?id=8588970

bead from necklace found on the floor and death was caused by traumatic asphyxia... I am thinking he used the necklace as a kind of garote

Hmm...I don't know if I agree this applies in all cases. Feelings of superiority and control are pre-existing in narcissists, megalomaniacs, etc. They feel superior in general, to everyone, without a "testing period," so to speak.

Power must be given before another can assume it. The disorders you mention are simply symptoms of those that enjoy taking this power.

bead from necklace found on the floor and death was caused by traumatic asphyxia... I am thinking he used the necklace as a kind of garote

I personally think there is no necklace made that could strangle me. Maybe I am wrong, and I don't think it matters, but I just don't see it.

I agree completely. I would add that cold-blooded killers when ready to kill already feel in control and never need anyone to reliquish control to them to murder.

To the other poster's point though, her mere presence alne as small, slight woman could give him a greater feeling of control (something that she obviously had control over). In that case, he might see the small woman just being alone with him as empowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange