Votes: 83 17.2%
  • Tony didn't want a little girl around

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • more than one of the above

Votes: 366 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DazzlinDEBSD,

Your daughter is lucky to have you for a Mom. You must be very proud of her!

I cannot even imagine losing a child and dealing with such a loss. I can feel so much love for your daughter in your post. You touched my heart. :blowkiss:

I agree about taking our lives back. I spend way too much time on this forum. My husband died in January, (i am a young widow) so I really understand about losing the most important person in your life and how devasting it is.,

Laney

I agree we should have compassion for CA and GA.

To me, Casey's motive was clear: Caylee got in the way of her lifestyle and her pride would not allow her to leave Caylee with grandparents after the big fight. Huge betrayal of being kicked out on top of old resentment of CA holding newborn Caylee first. Casey then supposedly deletes hundreds of online pictures of Caylee (Page 44 out of 153 Jesse G states on July 16 he went into Casey A. myspace acct and noticed that Casey deleted over 200 pictures- she had over 10 pages and it was down to 4. Respectfully snipped TY ). Why would a mother do that unless she was "cleaning house" so to speak?

This case has devoured all my free time; my house is a mess; bought paper plates so I wouldn't have to do dishes; and my family has been neglected. I don't sleep well. I'm on WebSlueths in the early morning hours, seven days a week, hoping for some resolution for the beautiful, little Caylee, her grandparents, great grandparents, uncle, and all the friends who love and miss her dearly. She was loved by her family.

Laney: I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. My SIL is a young widow too. My heart goes out to you.

I have to say that the posts above really touched me. I am an epileptic and i was on a number of anticonvulsants when I got pregnant with my son. There was a good possibility he could have been born with a number of birth defects but I'm lucky enough to be typing this with an early-riser snoozing in his swing next to me. My son was born "normal" and I'm grateful. I manage to be seizure-free, thus far. I am so lucky.

Having an autistic child is a challenge and I am sending love your way. My friend has a daughter that is also autistic and I pray every day that advancements are made in this field. My heart goes out to you.

I decided, after the tapes were released, to really put this case away. I believe that Caylee has been gone for awhile now and I doubt she would want me to ignore my husband or the goofy dog in my avatar. I think her disappearance will be solved. I think eventually GA and CA will be able to lay her to rest.

I think we should all celebrate Caylee by spending some time with our kids and our pets and our loved ones. I know that putting the focus back on my family has made me feel better about this tragedy.

Just a public service announcement:

Those "milestone" charts represent averages. If your child or a child you know is NOT doing the things listed for their age, it is time to have an evaluation done because that child IS behind where he should be for his age. Most children from financially sound families with lots of parental interaction and developmental toys will be doing MUCH more than what is listed on those charts. Many 3 year olds (average ones) are being taught to read simple words at preschool already and speak a second language.

Caylee was almost three and really beginning to verbalize.

Quetion: What could be worse for a patholgical liar like Casey?
Answer: A talking three year old.

From this child speech development page:
http://www.childdevelopmentinfo.com/development/language_development.shtml

36 Months:
Use pronouns I, you, me correctly
Is using some plurals and past tenses
Knows at least three prepositions, usually in, on, under
Knows chief parts of body and should be able to indicate these if not name
Handles three word sentences easily
Has in the neighborhood of 900-1000 words
About 90% of what child says should be intelligible
Verbs begin to predominate
Understands most simple questions dealing with his environment and activities
Relates his experiences so that they can be followed with reason
Able to reason out such questions as "what must you do when you are sleepy, hungry, cool, or thirsty?"
Should be able to give his sex, name, age
Should not be expected to answer all questions even though he understands what is expected

I think she killed her deliberately. Partly because she was interfering with partying and CA and GA were pressuring her to take better care of Caylee and not constantly leave her with them and partly because Caylee was beginning to speak. Like I said above---disaster to a liar like Casey...

For example:
Caylee: "Mommy, I had fun when we went to Target and the park and [insert bofriend's name] house yesterday."

Say, Caylee says this in front of a different boyfriend or her parents when Casey had told an entirely different story to them. ----that Casey had been at work or school or any number of places she and Caylee hadn't really been....

etc., etc., etc.

And if Casey were involved in or around any sort of illegal activity, that would increase her motive even more.

I agree with this because it is very difficult for a child under age of 4 to keep a 'secret'.

They can talk and do so spontaneously instead of stopping to think of what they are saying. That comes later, from around 2-4 all they know is that they can talk so they are going to talk.

That is why some of the things they say during that age are so funny and sometimes inapppropriate, in a funny way. They don't think..they speak, whether it's screaming out they "gotta PEE PEE" during a church sermon or telling Granny that "MOMMY gives me SLEEPY medicine".

Their speech is developed enough to say basically anything, but their brains are not developed enough to distinguish between what to say and what not to say.

DazzlinDEBSD,

I cannot even imagine losing a child and dealing with such a loss. I can feel so much love for your daughter in your post. You touched my heart. :blowkiss:

I agree about taking our lives back. I spend way too much time on this forum. My husband died in January, (i am a young widow) so I really understand about losing the most important person in your life and how devasting it is.,

Laney

Thank you for your kind words:)I'm sorry for your loss. This is probably the worst place to hang out if you're already depressed. It's a beautiful Southern California day and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Try to find something that makes you happy to do, and run with it. :)

DazzlinDEBSD,

Laney

Thank you for your kind words:)I'm sorry for your loss. This is probably the worst place to hang out if you're already depressed. It's a beautiful Southern California day and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Try to find something that makes you happy, and run with it. :)

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete).
Almost as if nobody ever communicated with her.

My thoughts exactly! My grandaughter is 2 1/2 & could tell her mommy, "I go by gamma's house" "I go to park on swing" "Cookie is a bad girl" (referring to her cat) etc...

I wonder if anyone ever sat with her & actually READ her a book!

I don't think there was a "conscious" motive, such as what you are asking; however, there was a "subconscious" motive that manifested itself in an "accident."

If Casey was a partier when she was pregnant with Caylee - there definitely can be some developmental delays or issues ... alcohol in early pregnancy is not a good thing.
And not having much money, I'm sure she hated having to share it with Caylee. She couldn't handle stress, responsibility, a job ... could have easily made a bad decision (risky behavior) that resulted in something very bad.
I wonder if they went off to work to some illegal or other activity every day and that that wasn't going to work any more. Is there sexual exploitation widespread there? Would seem like if so, undercover would be on to it.
Where did she go everyday instead of work or did she just go home after everyone else went to work?
I dunno ......

Or like she was speech delayed because of all the various drugs casey had been giving her to make her sleep through parties.

Even if Caylee's speech wasn't that developed, I am sure that was able to understand and answer questions that Cindy would have asked her.

My son had ear infections from the time he was 6 weeks old until he was 11 months old when he had tubes put in his ears. As a result, he lost 1/2 of his hearing and missed out on alot of things he should have been picking up/hearing. The first time he ever heard the phone ring was the day he had tubes put in. (I was completely shocked at this)

Because of the ear thing, he had problems with speech. Still does, though not as bad. Did the speech therapist thing for years. At Caylee's age, the only people who could understand him was me, his dad and his sitter. Grandma has issues with his speech.

It sounds like there had been a discussion between the boys that they did not want Caylee around full time. Probably discussed between Tony, Clint, and Nate (Cameron, too?). Who all was living there and visiting?

After the group discussion among the boys, who was the person that told Casey not to bring Caylee around so much?

I think she heard this from more than one boy. I think RM told her the same thing.

Casey wanted to give Caylee up for adoption when she was pregnant with her and Cindy forbade it.

Casey didn't even tell anyone she was pregnant with Caylee for 7 months and somehow lived in complete denial of that baby even when she was in her womb. She denied her from the very beginning.

Casey did not want Caylee; she never did.

She was shacking up with a new boyfriend and it was getting very serious very fast. She had "lost" boyfriends before due to having a child so young.

Casey was out of her parents home for the first time and had to deal with Caylee on her own which lasted all of a day.

She simply did not want Caylee ever! Caylee was in the way of Casey's life and lifestyle that she wanted.

I believe she killed her; her actions show premeditation (chloroform searches) and she was going to distance herself from it with a kidnapping story. This was no accident imho.

I used to believe that but that went out the window with the documents for me.

imho

Marlap:
Excellent point, one I have not heard here before. If you think about it, it really makes sense, as who can control what comes 'from the mouth of babes"?

If you watch the video of her reading the book on Father's Day, you will notice that she is almost constantly moving her lips. Talking, I would imagine. I think she was a talker also.

In my experience the first child in the family does seem to talk more and earlier than those that follow... I realize this may not be in every case, but it is what I have observed.

It the end, it does not matter what her motive was. Motive does not have to be proven in a court. Everyone wants to know the motive, tho and it's interesting to speculate.

Does anyone else think that Casey's attitude was "out of sight; out of mind" and once she wasn't seeing her, she completely forgot abut her?

when my son was about to turn 3 he'd talk your ears off and intelligently most of the time! my friend's daughter at the age of 2 and a half could do the same. i would think Caylee would have been advanced with Cindy & Georges constant attention and Casey's outgoing nature. according to Nate, she was a very bright child.

I agree with you completely. She spoke like a child of about 1 l/2. My two kids could form complete sentences when they were 2 (short but complete).
Almost as if nobody ever communicated with her.

Ok, Ok--don't jump to conclusions! Just ask the speech pathologist that posted. My little girl is very bright, very loved and very spoiled! I'm a stay at home mom with a Master's degree in library science--our home is made of books! My daughter has a speech delay and is in speech therapy. It can have nothing at all to do with abuse or neglect or low intelligence.

Where does the information that Caylee had a speech delay come from? I've never heard that before. One of my friend's has a child who didn't speak until he was 3 - his mother anticipated his every need and he had no reason to speak before then.

She knew the word mama really well because she called her doll mama not because she had a real mama.....I'd say she spent more time with that doll than she did with some type of parent figure
She was nearly 3, people! Knew the word mama really well? Most 6 month-olds know the word mama (even if they can't say it yet).
I've heard several people say that Caylee's expressive language on the video seemed below age-level, I was wondering if maybe that video was not from the day they are claiming? I know children develop at different rates (I'm in the early childhood education field) but Caylee seemed like she was pretty on track in every other area... I'm just saying maybe that video was not from that date that was stamped on it. Who knows.

If Caylee said "blah, blah, blah".....when looking through that book it tells me that someone read to her and she understood that books have words in them. Perhaps that book was new to her and she didn't know the words yet. According to Nate, Caylee apparently spoke very well. I don't think it's fair to say she had a speech delay based on one video when we don't even know the circumstances involved.

It the end, it does not matter what her motive was. Motive does not have to be proven in a court. Everyone wants to know the motive, tho and it's interesting to speculate.

Does anyone else think that Casey's attitude was "out of sight; out of mind" and once she wasn't seeing her, she completely forgot abut her?

Yes, I do... Dr. Bethany on Nancy G. said that people who deliberately kill their children go through a "honeymoon phase" of feeling and enjoying the freedom they finally have. She said it may even have a correlation to the phrase "dancing on someone's grave." She said it was usual for people who want to get rid of their children and kills them to feel an extreme sense of relief and happiness for several days.

We certainly all saw Casey showing that...

Dr. Bethany said that an actual accident would have had a very different reaction. The person would tend to blame themselves and be horrified and inconsolable.

All of that really makes a lot of sense to me.

If Caylee said "blah, blah, blah".....when looking through that book it tells me that someone read to her and she understood that books have words in them. Perhaps that book was new to her and she didn't know the words yet. According to Nate, Caylee apparently spoke very well. I don't think it's fair to say she had a speech delay based on one video when we don't even know the circumstances involved.

Yes, I never thought she wasn't showing speech problems in that video.

To me, she looked like she was pretending to read. I think she was very bright and not behind at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back