• Revenge/rage against Cindy

Votes: 83 17.2%
  • Tony didn't want a little girl around

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • more than one of the above

Votes: 366 75.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me,that WOULD be a stretch...thay Caylee could read great grandma's phone # off of the Anthony family's phone. But as to talking,remember that on NG,Nate said Caylee could count to 45 in Spanish...that she would call them "hey,dude" and she could say Nate's name,a guy named Cameron who Caylee called "Cam." Sometimes too a child won't speak much according to who they are around. If these people had been around Caylee as Nate did affirm that they had,then most children WILL speak up around those people if they are speaking to her(or him) and cutting up with her just as she didn't look shy with Richie and her beating on the drums to the point where sometimes they would have to hide the drums. That is a child's instinct...repetition...this is how they learn all things. Probably what the ones posting on this site viewing that video of Caylee saw was a little girl who maybe was shy in front of a camera and we ALL surely know kids who will freeze up at the sight of a camera or a microphone. Or like one poster said...the child they knew could talk much better than the child would ever show when you get them in front of people that you want to show off what your sweet little one can do or say...and they do nothing!Ha! So true and I know others when you think of it will remember episodes of their beloved small children,nieces,nephews,etc.who freeze up the same way at a very young age.

I think it's pretty simple, her motive was freedom. Freedom from responsibility, freedom from being tied down, freedom to come and go as she pleases.

Motive: I still say Casey had no motive for murder. All reports indicate that she had a normal, affectionate, caring relationship with Caylee. If she had ever wanted to be "rid" of Caylee for any reason, she could very easily take Caylee back to her parents (who wanted her back). So, I still don't buy the premeditated murder/ killed Caylee to be free to party theory at all. Casey had Caylee with her by choice, and the friends all liked Caylee. When Casey was staying with RM, Caylee was staying there as well. I think the key to the disappearance probably has to do with the fact that Casey and Caylee had suddenly been spending so much more time and even living in these new places, each of these had multiple roommates, and all of those people's friends and acquaintances were also coming and going, there were also events at the club and so on. That's a lot of people being around Caylee. Of course all are presumed innocent, but if the police didn't do forensics at the apartments and in everyone's cars and maybe even at the club just as a formality to find a missing child, I am shocked. No forensics were ever reported at least, only brief interviews to get statements from a few of the roommates and a couple of friends from a younger age. Let's hope the authorities did more than that and weren't over-focused on ONLY Casey and her parents' house. My opinion only

Casey is a ditz, she's lazy, and a thief, but I can't picture a scenario where she would plan and carry out a murder.
I do believe that Caylee is no longer with us but I also believe that what caused her death was an accident. For some reason, Casey worked out a story; either to spare her from her parent's wrath or because Caylee's death would have shinned a light on some other illegal activity.

Motive: I still say Casey had no motive for murder. All reports indicate that she had a normal, affectionate, caring relationship with Caylee. If she had ever wanted to be "rid" of Caylee for any reason, she could very easily take Caylee back to her parents (who wanted her back). So, I still don't buy the premeditated murder/ killed Caylee to be free to party theory at all. Casey had Caylee with her by choice, and the friends all liked Caylee. When Casey was staying with RM, Caylee was staying there as well. I think the key to the disappearance probably has to do with the fact that Casey and Caylee had suddenly been spending so much more time and even living in these new places, each of these had multiple roommates, and all of those people's friends and acquaintances were also coming and going, there were also events at the club and so on. That's a lot of people being around Caylee. Of course all are presumed innocent, but if the police didn't do forensics at the apartments and in everyone's cars and maybe even at the club just as a formality to find a missing child, I am shocked. No forensics were ever reported at least, only brief interviews to get statements from a few of the roommates and a couple of friends from a younger age. Let's hope the authorities did more than that and weren't over-focused on ONLY Casey and her parents' house. My opinion only

I like the way it sounds but how do you justify the decomp in car and chloroform?

I would like to know what is different with Tony than with Ricardo.

Casey had no problem letting Caylee spend the night with her at Ricardo's, but she made a point in Caylee never spending the night at Tony's. That is highly suspicious to me. Tony has his life and career which really doesn't coincide with a child in the picture.

It stands out to me that this new crowd Casey was hanging with may not have been approved by Cindy or George. It makes sense that since Casey started hanging with this crowd is when Cindy started putting her foot down for Casey to be more responsible. Possibly only because Casey's attitude may have changed.

Cindy didn't know Casey was even dating Tony, did she? She had to find out through Amy?

With this angle, this is a motive as well as the motive to punish Cindy.

She had 2 motives going for her, one justifying the other.

Maybe that's where the chloroform comes into play, since Caylee was more vocal, Casey most certainly did not want her telling grandma the various places she had been. There is also a possibility that both Caylee and Casey may have spent some nights on the car, when they had no place to stay, in particular, those times where her whereabouts were unaccounted for. She wouldn't want Caylee to tell grandma that!

Casey is a ditz, she's lazy, and a thief, but I can't picture a scenario where she would plan and carry out a murder.
I do believe that Caylee is no longer with us but I also believe that what caused her death was an accident. For some reason, Casey worked out a story; either to spare her from her parent's wrath or because Caylee's death would have shinned a light on some other illegal activity.

I agree with you.

Regarding what did the Anthony family think of the new crowd and TL: I remember, it was interesting in the first jailhouse phone calls, when Casey was asking Lee for Tony's phone number, the only person she wanted desperately to speak to was Tony, and Lee kept saying "Why do you want to talk to him, I really don't think he can help you now" or something along those lines. He sounded disapproving of Tony, almost like, we told you so... that was the sound of his voice (and I am merely speculating, guessing why his voice might have sounded that way regarding Tony)...then KC goes on to say, "because he's my boyfriend and...." etc. Lee would not provide her with the phone number. It always seemed strange to me, why would she need to ask Lee for the number in the first place? And why Lee's tone of voice about TL? Someone else on the threads here posed the question whether it was the other Tony she was talking about (the one connected to the police or sheriff's dept or something), not TL, and that was why she was asking Lee for the number. But I think it was TL, because she said "because he's my boyfriend".

I like the way it sounds but how do you justify the decomp in car and chloroform?

I'm still very unsure about that "evidence" since it's only come out in leaks and is only suggestion and "could be"s and so on at this point. The media have made it into conclusive evidence of some kind but I'm still totally on the fence on that. If and when any charges are ever brought and any evidence is admitted in a court case, then I guess we'll find out what the evidence actually is and what it could actually mean. For example, there are apparently many ways for chloroform fumes to be in a car, from combinations of house cleaning products, hand sanitizers, diaper products, and other stuff. Chloroform could have been used to clean the trunk, chloroform could have been used for drug manufacturing, from what I understand. If Casey actually turns out to have been buying chloroform, I don't think it would have been for the purpose of smothering Caylee with it (since it would be so easy to do that in other ways if that was a person's intention, no need to go buy chloroform and leave an evidence trail all over the place), and I don't think it would have been for the purpose of drugging or doping Caylee, since so many other drugs are very available that would be longer-acting, less dangerous (though doping a child in any way is obviously dangerous), no need to get chloroform. I read somewhere on the threads here that it may be possible for chloroform fumes from various products to actually cause a false positive for decomp. So, like I said, I have to reserve judgment regarding anything that's been called "evidence" so far.

Regarding what did the Anthony family think of the new crowd and TL: I remember, it was interesting in the first jailhouse phone calls, when Casey was asking Lee for Tony's phone number, the only person she wanted desperately to speak to was Tony, and Lee kept saying "Why do you want to talk to him, I really don't think he can help you now" or something along those lines. He sounded disapproving of Tony, almost like, we told you so... that was the sound of his voice (and I am merely speculating, guessing why his voice might have sounded that way regarding Tony)...then KC goes on to say, "because he's my boyfriend and...." etc. Lee would not provide her with the phone number. It always seemed strange to me, why would she need to ask Lee for the number in the first place? And why Lee's tone of voice about TL? Someone else on the threads here posed the question whether it was the other Tony she was talking about, not TL, and that was why she was asking Lee for the number. But I think it was TL, because she said "because he's my boyfriend".

I agree with this. There was a problem it seems. I'm sure it was TL she was talking about.

I didn't find it odd that she wanted the number from Lee. That follows hand in hand with the cell phone society. I can't tell the numbers on my cell phone because I call people by name in my phone book or speed dial. I don't have the numbers memorized.

At first I thought Tony and Lee were on a friendly enough basis to have exchanged phone numbers but I have since changed my mind about that. I somewhat think possibly Casey gave Lee his number the night before she was arrested so Lee could call Tony for her and tell him what's happening or to deliver a message.

Caylee was almost three and really beginning to verbalize.
Quetion: What could be worse for a patholgical liar like Casey?
Answer: A talking three year old.
I think she killed her deliberately. .....partly because Caylee was beginning to speak. Like I said above---disaster to a liar like Casey...
For example: Caylee: "Mommy, I had fun when we went to Target and the park and [insert bofriend's name] house yesterday."
Say, Caylee says this in front of a different boyfriend or her parents when Casey had told an entirely different story to them. ----that Casey had been at work or school or any number of places she and Caylee hadn't really been....
I said the same thing weeks ago. Life as she knew it was fixin to come to an abrupt halt.
Little did she know, that it would anyway.
Plus, she was fixin to book outta town to California to be with the fella up there.
Gawd, she had 197 people in her cell phone address book thingy; I don't even know 197 people.

I know this has probablly been discussed ad nauseum, but she really LOOKED younger than "almost 3" in that video as well. I've seen pictures of her where she seems to look older.
I absolutely agree with you. This has bugged me no end !
At one point I even thought that what they had done was take a video on June 15, of a previously made video, so that the date on the new video would be would be June 15.

The only thing that messed that up was the statement by the nursing home staff and the sign in sheet.

Sorry if this has already been discussed to the point of being tiresome. I'm newish on this board, so I don't know.

So why would she have done it? What would justify (even in the sickest of minds) MURDER of an innocent young child? Jealousy over the attention the child was getting? Revenge on an overbearing mother? Feeling stifled in her social life?

Theories?

I think she thought about it all the time for exactly the three reasons you stated.

At that particular moment - when she finally acted on her thoughts - I think the order of the motives were:
1 revenge on cindy
2 stifled social life
3 jealousy

Yes, to spite her mother most of all. She could not be bothered with her baby girl, so she did away with her. Klee was the center of attention now and KC could not stand it.

She didn't want the responsibility. Even if she gave her to Ca and Ga she would still be responsible for supporting her. She was mad when she left with her late on the 15, she had read about the missing children, she taped her mouth to prevent her from disturbing Ca&Ga. She left Caylee in the trunk till the 18th, she disposed of her and backed the car in her garage to use the "shop- vac"(she borrowed the shovel to bury the vac,contents.)
She began creating the illusion of zanny. When Cindy, forced her to account for Caylee, she told Cindy"she is just fine, don't wake her now, give me another day to produce her."
She used the 31 days to implicate all her friends in the cover-up by telling them about Caylee being in different places,so when asked ,where was Caylee they could say , she was being supervised by the nanny . She wanted everyone looking for the nanny and giving her all the love and attention. If she would have pulled it off, she would have been free of Cindy and Ga,Free to do whatever. This is how my "gut" feels

She didn't want the responsibility. Even if she gave her to Ca and Ga she would still be responsible for supporting her. She was mad when she left with her late on the 15, she had read about the missing children, she taped her mouth to prevent her from disturbing Ca&Ga. She left Caylee in the trunk till the 18th, she disposed of her and backed the car in her garage to use the "shop- vac"(she borrowed the shovel to bury the vac,contents.)
She began creating the illusion of zanny. When Cindy, forced her to account for Caylee, she told Cindy"she is just fine, don't wake her now, give me another day to produce her."
She used the 31 days to implicate all her friends in the cover-up by telling them about Caylee being in different places,so when asked ,where was Caylee they could say , she was being supervised by the nanny . She wanted everyone looking for the nanny and giving her all the love and attention. If she would have pulled it off, she would have been free of Cindy and Ga,Free to do whatever. This is how my "gut" feels

My opinion is still that she either just snapped and hurt Caylee or couldn't risk the rejection she feared more than anything if Cindy were to find out that Caylee died accidently while in her care. I don't think there was a motive other than she was really mad at her parents or really afraid of Cindy's reaction to whatever happened by mistake. I don't think she plans well enough to have motives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdrh12372
Back