GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
alexandria-kostial.jpg

ally-kostial-mississippi-st-louis.jpg

ally-kostial-ole-miss.jpg

ally-kostial-photos.jpg

Photo credit:
Ally Kostial: Ole Miss Student Found Dead in Homicide | Heavy.com

Wow! Though shocked at the guilty plea ... I am so glad that Ally’s family will not have to suffer through the stress and anguish of a trial. BT committed a heinous crime and his admission of guilt is a welcome surprise. May Ally rest in piece and her family begin to heal. Moo

They had plenty of digital evidence to put him away. That explains the plea. He also left a 2 page letter to his parents telling them that he has always been violent. This case just makes me physically ill. This came to a fever pitch over a suspected pregnancy. She wasn't even pregnant after all.

Questions answered, new ones arise as Brandon Theesfeld pleads guilty - Darkhorse Press

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I feel the defense attorney is trying to blame the victim here:

“The evidence shows she was not pregnant,” Farese said. “But that was part of the underlying theme in the relationship.”

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I feel the defense attorney is trying to blame the victim here:

“The evidence shows she was not pregnant,” Farese said. “But that was part of the underlying theme in the relationship.”
I think you are reading just fine. Seems like an implication that she was trying to manipulate him with a pregnancy, and he never would have done it if he didn't think she was pregnant - therefore, it's her fault. Disgusting, if that's the intended implication.

The quote is a bit more clear by the MSM below but it did not change my initial reaction of "blame the victim." It's devastating to see she actually loved this dirtbag and he only loved himself.

Former Ole Miss student Brandon Theesfeld pleads guilty to killing Kostial, sentenced to life - The Oxford Eagle

[..]

On April 12, 2019, Kostial informed Theesfeld she was concerned she might be pregnant and two days later sent him a photo of an inconclusive home pregnancy test. She wanted to get together with Theesfeld and talk in person about the potential pregnancy.

According to Mallette, Theesfeld’s internet search history during this period of time revealed he searched for abortion pills and abortion services.

Contact between the two became “exclusively electronic” at that time, according to Mallette, and over the next three months Kostial “pursued” an in-person meeting with Theesfeld. He agreed to meet but would fail to show up or back out at the last minute for various reasons.

In early July 2019, Kostial’s requests to meet with Theesfeld became more frequent and urgent. On July 12, Theesfeld informed Kostial through text messages that he did not want to talk and that she should just get an appointment and that talking wasn’t necessary.

Farese spoke with members of the media following the hearing and confirmed that Kostial was never pregnant during the period of time in question.

“There was an allegation that (Kostial) was pregnant. The evidence showed she was not pregnant,” Farese said. “The autopsy showed that she was not pregnant and there was no evidence that she had been pregnant. But, that was part of the underlying theme of their relationship.”

On the same day, Theesfeld left Oxford for the Dallas-Fort Worth area where his father, Daniel Robert Theesfeld, lived.

That girl was worth so much more than what he ever had to offer. Relationships are such a minefield when you are young and not yet mature and still figuring out how to responsibly interact with the world. It is a shame that she got involved with a guy who turned out to be such a psycho.

That girl was worth so much more than what he ever had to offer. Relationships are such a minefield when you are young and not yet mature and still figuring out how to responsibly interact with the world. It is a shame that she got involved with a guy who turned out to be such a psycho.
It is a very tragic story for sure. From the note that was found at his apartment, it sounds like he knew he was not a good person and had evil thoughts all along. He just wanted to party and the thought of a child didn't fit his plans. Unfortunately Ally didn't see the monster inside of him. But so many evil people can be quite charming.

Just saw this:

'Misogynistic' Ex-Ole Miss Student Admits to Murdering Ally Kostial After Thinking She Was Pregnant
Brandon Theesfeld apologized in court for murdering Ally Kostial, but he did not reveal his motive
By Chris Harris
August 30, 2021 12:33 PM
More than two years after authorities found her body, Alexandria "'Ally" Kostial's accused murderer has confessed, pleading guilty last week to the 21-year-old University of Mississippi student's 2019 killing.
On Friday, Brandon Theesfeld, 24, who was also an Ole Miss student, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder, acknowledging in court he drove Kostial to Sardis Lake in Oxford on July 20, 2019, before shooting her several times, a court clerk confirms to PEOPLE.
Initially, Theesfeld was charged with capital murder. However, under the terms of last week's plea deal, the Texas man no longer faces a possible death sentence, and will instead spend the rest of his life in prison.
While he did not say why he murdered her, Theesfeld apologized in court for Kostial's killing.

Source:
'Misogynistic' Ex-Ole Miss Student Admits to Murdering Ally Kostial After Thinking She Was Pregnant

It's a hell hole.
Oh, my, such a pity for this poor, pampered rich kid. And his family has probably spent a ton of money to get this for him. Now let's see how long it will take for them to figure out a way for him to be transferred to a better prison.

And what's with the "life sentence" that makes him eligible to get out when he's 65? Under what conditions could this happen? No, no, no. Grrrrr.
I'll see what I can find...

Last edited:
2013 Mississippi Code
Title 97 - CRIMES
Chapter 3 - CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
§ 97-3-21 - Homicide; penalty for murder or capital murder

Universal Citation: MS Code § 97-3-21 (2013)
Every person who shall be convicted of murder shall be sentenced by the court to imprisonment for life in the State Penitentiary.

Every person who shall be convicted of capital murder shall be sentenced (a) to death; (b) to imprisonment for life in the State Penitentiary without parole; or (c) to imprisonment for life in the State Penitentiary with eligibility for parole as provided in Section 47-7-3(1)(f).

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
--------------------------
2013 Mississippi Code :: Title 97 - CRIMES :: Chapter 3 - CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON :: § 97-3-21 - Homicide; penalty for murder or capital murder

Last edited:
Brandon Theesfeld pleaded guilty to first-degree murder on Friday

8/27/21

The first-degree murder plea agreement carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison.

[..]

Although Theesfeld is not eligible for parole, he may petition for a conditional release at age 65, having served 15 years of his sentence.

I found the provision for this petition for conditional release under MS SENATE BILL #2155

[..]

SECTION 2. Section 47-5-139, Mississippi Code of 1972, is amended as follows:

47-5-139. (1) Except for those inmates listed in this subsection, no inmate shall be excluded from earning an earned-time allowance due to the length of the inmate's sentence or the nature of the crime for which the inmate was convicted. An inmate shall not be eligible for the earned-time allowance if:

(a) The inmate was sentenced to life imprisonment; but an inmate, except an inmate sentenced to life imprisonment for capital murder, who has reached the age of sixty-five (65) or older and who has served at least fifteen (15) years may petition the sentencing court for conditional release;

(b) The inmate was convicted as a habitual offender under Sections 99-19-81 through 99-19-87;

(c) The inmate has forfeited his earned-time allowance by order of the commissioner under Section 47-5-138(2); or

(d) The inmate was convicted of a sex crime * * *.

(2) An offender under two (2) or more consecutive sentences shall be allowed commutation based upon the total term of the sentences.

(3) All earned time shall be forfeited by the inmate in the event of escape and/or aiding and abetting an escape. The commissioner may restore all or part of the earned time if the escapee returns to the institution voluntarily, without expense to the state, and without act of violence while a fugitive from the facility.

(4) Any officer or employee who shall willfully violate the provisions of this section and be convicted therefor shall be removed from office or employment.

SB2155 (As Introduced) - 2021 Regular Session

His father will spend a fortune to keep him somewhat safe in prison no matter where he lands and even that may not work. His life is over, no matter which way you slice it. The prison system here, well, I won't go into it here, but many of missing men here have spent time in the prison system and even getting out, they can not escape the deals they made to stay alive.

His father will spend a fortune to keep him somewhat safe in prison no matter where he lands and even that may not work. His life is over, no matter which way you slice it. The prison system here, well, I won't go into it here, but many of missing men here have spent time in the prison system and even getting out, they can not escape the deals they made to stay alive.
BT is a bad investment. I don't see this animal minding his p's & q's in prison and doubt he will ever get to submit that petition to grant BT freedom at age 65. I agree that dad will keep writing checks-- only because he can. MOO

Brandon Theesfeld pleaded guilty to first-degree murder on Friday

8/27/21

The first-degree murder plea agreement carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison.

[..]

Although Theesfeld is not eligible for parole, he may petition for a conditional release at age 65, having served 15 years of his sentence.

I found the provision for this petition for conditional release under MS SENATE BILL #2155

[..]

SECTION 2. Section 47-5-139, Mississippi Code of 1972, is amended as follows:

47-5-139. (1) Except for those inmates listed in this subsection, no inmate shall be excluded from earning an earned-time allowance due to the length of the inmate's sentence or the nature of the crime for which the inmate was convicted. An inmate shall not be eligible for the earned-time allowance if:

(a) The inmate was sentenced to life imprisonment; but an inmate, except an inmate sentenced to life imprisonment for capital murder, who has reached the age of sixty-five (65) or older and who has served at least fifteen (15) years may petition the sentencing court for conditional release;

(b) The inmate was convicted as a habitual offender under Sections 99-19-81 through 99-19-87;

(c) The inmate has forfeited his earned-time allowance by order of the commissioner under Section 47-5-138(2); or

(d) The inmate was convicted of a sex crime * * *.

(2) An offender under two (2) or more consecutive sentences shall be allowed commutation based upon the total term of the sentences.

(3) All earned time shall be forfeited by the inmate in the event of escape and/or aiding and abetting an escape. The commissioner may restore all or part of the earned time if the escapee returns to the institution voluntarily, without expense to the state, and without act of violence while a fugitive from the facility.

(4) Any officer or employee who shall willfully violate the provisions of this section and be convicted therefor shall be removed from office or employment.

SB2155 (As Introduced) - 2021 Regular Session
I really thought his Dad would get him off - good to see justice for this young woman who's life was stolen.
IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKP
Back