GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I too, am shocked by the guilty plea, but very glad Ally's family will be spared a trial, which was probably going to be a victim-blame angle. It definitely sounds like there was very much evidence against BT though. at least he was smart enough to recognize that and take the advice of his lawyers.

The conditions of the prison where he's at though, make me think that if it was me, I would've opted for the death penalty!

Ole Miss student sentenced to life after admitting murder of his classmate | Daily Mail Online

"An ex-University of Mississippi student has pleaded guilty and been sentenced to life in jail for fatally shooting his on-and-off girlfriend Ally Kostial, eight times in the stomach in July 2019 after she texted him inconclusive pregnancy test results.

Brandon Theesfeld, 24, pleaded guilty to first degree murder of the 21-year-old student in a Lafayette County court on Friday and in doing so dodged a possible death sentence.

The ex-student will be eligible for release when he turns 65 and was visibly emotional in court when he apologized to his victim's family and his own. He failed to admit why he killed her.

Records of Theesfeld's internet history revealed that he had researched abortion pills and services that time.

On July 16, 2019, 'Theesfeld typed in searches for silencers and suppressors, hollow point ammunition, tactical facemasks, and how Ted Bundy lured his victims to death,' reported the DarkHorse Press from the court in Lafayette.

Two days later on July 18, he texted his on-off girlfriend to meet and asked her if she was home alone.

They said Theesfeld drove to Kostial's house on July 20, 2019, and shot her eight times, with ballistics from the gun matching a 40 caliber Glock he owned."

Brandon Theesfeld must be thick as a brick to think he could get away with murdering Ally. It wasn't like he killed her on the spur of the moment. He planned it out. He made internet searches and drove all the way back to Texas to get a firearm.

The day after Ally's murder Brandon became the prime suspect. A few hours later the police had tracked him down and put the cuffs on him.

The detectives didn't even break a sweat. They soon had all the evidence they needed to make an air-tight case against Brandon. Even famed lawyer Tony Farese couldn't save him.

I meant to write this sooner when I heard the news but law school has been all consuming: I am thrilled for the guilty plea and life sentence. I am thrilled that the family can have closure and not be tortured by what would’ve likely been a decade of appeals by high powered attorneys. In an odd way I have a tiny tiny shred of respect for Brandon for owning it and letting the family go.

I didn’t know Ally, but as a fellow blonde, Ole Miss grad this hit close to home. While I kept good company at college, I can’t help but wonder if a Brandon Theesfeld was lurking in mine or my girlfriends, or even my sorority sisters’ shadows. Ally, I hope you can Rest In Peace now. He won’t hurt anyone else.

I meant to write this sooner when I heard the news but law school has been all consuming: I am thrilled for the guilty plea and life sentence. I am thrilled that the family can have closure and not be tortured by what would’ve likely been a decade of appeals by high powered attorneys. In an odd way I have a tiny tiny shred of respect for Brandon for owning it and letting the family go.

I didn’t know Ally, but as a fellow blonde, Ole Miss grad this hit close to home. While I kept good company at college, I can’t help but wonder if a Brandon Theesfeld was lurking in mine or my girlfriends, or even my sorority sisters’ shadows. Ally, I hope you can Rest In Peace now. He won’t hurt anyone else.
^^bbm
I think there's probably more truth than not to your statement. From earlier posts, I recall that Ally was a founding member of her sorority - Alpha Phi (and BT's younger sister a recent pledge). I also recall that BT was allegedly discharged from his frat prior to the murder. MOO

Ally Kostial: Murder shakes Ole Miss

^^bbm
I think there's probably more truth than not to your statement. From earlier posts, I recall that Ally was a founding member of her sorority - Alpha Phi (and BT's younger sister a recent pledge). I also recall that BT was allegedly discharged from his frat prior to the murder. MOO

Ally Kostial: Murder shakes Ole Miss

I think you are correct on the frat issue. I can't put my finger on it, but I'll further and say that I remember being told that he did not make it out of pledging, meaning that he never became an actual member. Chances are though, that he was still lurking around that social scene and could be why he kept Ally on the string. You don't have to be a member to come to parties if someone else invites you as a date. Or so I am told.

Server Error in '/mdoc/inmate' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I was able to see it by going one page back and searching by ID = 234907 or his name. Mississippi Department of Corrections

GetImage

I was able to see it by going one page back and searching by ID = 234907 or his name. Mississippi Department of Corrections

GetImage

According to VINELink, BT has been at CMCF since 8/27 but not likely his permanent home.

CMCF is the first stop for individuals sentenced to the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC). It provides initial orientation and classification, as it includes the state’s Receiving and Classification Unit (R&C). Most inmates entering the state’s DOC system will spend a few weeks at this prison before they are transferred to their permanent facility.

Most inmates who are sentenced to prison by the courts or who are returned to MDOC as parole violators, probation violators, intensive supervision program (ISP) violators, earned release supervision (ERS) violators, and suspension violators are placed at R&C.

https://prisoninsight.com/correctio...pi/central-mississippi-correctional-facility/

BRANDON AUSTIN THEESFELD
Custody Record
Date of Birth Apr **, ****
ID Number234***
Custody Status Date Aug 27, 2021 03:33 PM CDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Central Mississippi Correctional Facility
Book Date Aug 27, 2021 12:00 AM CDT

VINELink

According to VINELink, BT has been at CMCF since 8/27 but not likely his permanent home.

CMCF is the first stop for individuals sentenced to the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC). It provides initial orientation and classification, as it includes the state’s Receiving and Classification Unit (R&C). Most inmates entering the state’s DOC system will spend a few weeks at this prison before they are transferred to their permanent facility.

Most inmates who are sentenced to prison by the courts or who are returned to MDOC as parole violators, probation violators, intensive supervision program (ISP) violators, earned release supervision (ERS) violators, and suspension violators are placed at R&C.

https://prisoninsight.com/correctio...pi/central-mississippi-correctional-facility/

BRANDON AUSTIN THEESFELD
Custody Record
Date of Birth Apr **, ****
ID Number234***
Custody Status Date Aug 27, 2021 03:33 PM CDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Central Mississippi Correctional Facility
Book Date Aug 27, 2021 12:00 AM CDT

VINELink

It's official -- I just got this message that BT's been moved:

This e-mail is to inform you that BRANDON THEESFELD has been transferred from a Department of Corrections facility as of 11/22/2021. The offender is now in the custody of Mississippi State Penitentiary.

For more information, contact the Department of Corrections’ Office of Mississippi SAVIN by calling 1-601-359-5759. VINE information is also available at www.vinelink.com.

This notification is sponsored by Mississippi SAVIN. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The VINE Service

Too many bright young lives and their families have been devastated by this tragedy. I have personal ties to this university and my opinion remains that it is a wonderful place. Ally should not have had her life taken there, and BT should not have taken it, and in doing so, thrown his own away. The devastation is far reaching.

Mississippi State Penitentiary may just be his permanent home...When I did a search of his inmate number, I saw this little nugget:

Sentence Length: LIFE

Thats my red coloring added, btw. Just for a bit of stress. It sounds like a he!!-hole, and I say, what a pity. It is an old, old prison...

Visiting day there will be a trauma, IMO, for his folks. Can you imagine? (I'm being serious here, folks.)

Life.

To wit:
-------------------
Current through the 2021 Legislative Session
Section 97-3-21 - Homicide; penalty for first- or second-degree murder or capital murder
(1) Every person who shall be convicted of first-degree murder shall be sentenced by the court to imprisonment for life in the custody of the Department of Corrections.
[...]
-------------------

Source:
Section 97-3-21 - Homicide; penalty for first- or second-degree murder or capital murder, Miss. Code § 97-3-21 | Casetext Search + Citator

Mississippi State Penitentiary may just be his permanent home...When I did a search of his inmate number, I saw this little nugget:

Sentence Length: LIFE

Thats my red coloring added, btw. Just for a bit of stress. It sounds like a he!!-hole, and I say, what a pity. It is an old, old prison...

Visiting day there will be a trauma, IMO, for his folks. Can you imagine? (I'm being serious here, folks.)

Life.

To wit:
-------------------
Current through the 2021 Legislative Session
Section 97-3-21 - Homicide; penalty for first- or second-degree murder or capital murder
(1) Every person who shall be convicted of first-degree murder shall be sentenced by the court to imprisonment for life in the custody of the Department of Corrections.
[...]
-------------------

Source:
Section 97-3-21 - Homicide; penalty for first- or second-degree murder or capital murder, Miss. Code § 97-3-21 | Casetext Search + Citator

Whoever BT was to his parents and anyone else who had him in their lives will cease to exist after he has spent a few years (maybe less) in Parchman prison. He will cease to exist as he was, no matter how corrupt he was. He will become something altogether different.

Whoever BT was to his parents and anyone else who had him in their lives will cease to exist after he has spent a few years (maybe less) in Parchman prison. He will cease to exist as he was, no matter how corrupt he was. He will become something altogether different.

I think he's got a bit of a head start, to do what he did to that bright, innocent and trusting young woman.

Is it truly that bad there? Is there no hope of redemption for any inmate? (Not that I think BT would or could, but I would hope it might be possible for some...)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back