Found Deceased MS - Brittany Crenshaw, 19, McLaurin, 16 Aug 2012 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If what the page owner on the public page is true (that the girlfriend said he called her and said "I did it, I got rid of her) then I think he did plan it.

Yes. That makes sense. Hopefully LE can get the text messages.

I guess it's hard to know the human brain of killers.....but why the heck would he kill her? Just throw her out of the house. It's not like they were married and had kids together. I guess that's what bothers me about this story.

Yes. That makes sense. Hopefully LE can get the text messages.

I guess it's hard to know the human brain of killers.....but why the heck would he kill her? Just throw her out of the house. It's not like they were married and had kids together. I guess that's what bothers me about this story.

Not sure if it was a text or a call, and at this point, a rumor anyway, although it came via the family. But they are saying that the "other woman" already told this to LE. So hopefully she will or has told all she knows.

Yeah, why can't people just break up...

:banghead:
Davis reported to investigators he then fell asleep awaiting Crenshaw's return, and reported her missing when he was awakened by the child crying.

"We were suspicious of that story from the start," McGee said, noting the unlikeliness of a toddler sleeping soundly for such a lengthy period of time

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20120824/NEWS01/208240316 (just to warn about this site.....You are only allowed a few clicks before you have to pay for the article)

So...if he came in at 8 or so pm, the child was asleep? I'm not sure how old the child is.....I've seen some reports where she is one and some where she is two. I wonder what time he is saying the child woke up?

Her baby is one, according to the letter posted by the family on the public page.

No kidding! He's not the brightest bulb in the pack. If I had any doubts about him...the video totally does him in.

IMO...I think he killed her in a heated rage. (there were rumors that he was on meth) I think after he killed her, everything else after that point was to cover it up. Used the basket to carry her. Probably threw some of her clothes in with it to make it look like she took off. He was trying to come up with a good story, but instead gave the cops about 10 different one. He's spitting out different stories hoping the cops will believe just one of them. He is stumbling over his own lies.

IMO..I don't think he planned to kill her. If he did, his story would be better.

I suspect he will deny it and I highly suspect some people will believe and support him.

Today is going to be a hard one for the family.

Just my 2 cents.

If he's guilty, which I happen to believe, then him giving an interview says a lot about his personality; which is scary, imo. Also may indicate he has gotten away with other violent acts in the past. Maybe not murder, but battery, etc.

This is so incredibly sad. Brittney, how I wish you had been going to school and making a better life and future for your child instead of becoming a victim to this warped guy. I don't get it. Isn't it easier to just break up?

:banghead:

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20120824/NEWS01/208240316 (just to warn about this site.....You are only allowed a few clicks before you have to pay for the article)

So...if he came in at 8 or so pm, the child was asleep? I'm not sure how old the child is.....I've seen some reports where she is one and some where she is two. I wonder what time he is saying the child woke up?

The way I read that quote is that Ben is saying he reported Brittany missing after the baby woke him up and he realized Brittany wasn't there. He didn't report it until 2 pm so if he had just recently been woken up by the baby, that would have left the baby on its own per se from approx. 9 pm to almost 2 pm. That's just short of 15 hrs! Suspicious, no doubt!

Davis reported to investigators he then fell asleep awaiting Crenshaw's return, and reported her missing when he was awakened by the child crying.

"We were suspicious of that story from the start," McGee said, noting the unlikeliness of a toddler sleeping soundly for such a lengthy period of time.

So I guess the homicide/murder misunderstanding now clarified !!

Thanks. So glad he's behind bars. Praying hard he gives up her location if the found body isn't her. Guess the FB folks will have to face the hard, cold reality with that "murder" charge. Probably won't though unless/until Brittany is found. My heart breaks for them!!!

I wonder what Ben Davis' ex-wife's opinion of all this is? Man, I'd love to know if he was abusive in their relationship and if he has any contact with their daughter.

Poor Brittany. She had a whole life ahead of her, and was just too young and naive and fell for this smooth talker, I'm sure.

I guess I need to stop looking at the FB page...I don't understand how saying things like "everything will be okay" and that she will be home soon, safe and sound, is helpful...

I wonder what Ben Davis' ex-wife's opinion of all this is? Man, I'd love to know if he was abusive in their relationship and if he has any contact with their daughter.

Poor Brittany. She had a whole life ahead of her, and was just too young and naive and fell for this smooth talker, I'm sure.

From what I understand........ His ex-wife left him because of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

When I saw the article about the burned body being found, I had a feeling it was Brittany. I have seen her photo circulating on facebook. Poked around the net and on facebook, then decided to search WS, where of course, you guys were already on top of it;)

I was in that area recently, as I have a friend that lives off Wortham Road, not far from where the body was found. I guess it's about a 20 minute drive from where I live. Can't help but wonder why he would choose there, if it was him. It's fairly remote, but not a place I would expect someone to randomly pick. He had to have been there before (I would think.) Was he familiar with the area? Does the "other woman" live near there? Had he been to the fairgrounds prior? If he was coming from 49 seems he would have taken 53 Towards Lyman, passed the fairgrounds, then onto Gulf Haven. Then again, maybe he just randomly picked an exit and took a few turns until he felt "safe."

This is all speculation, of course. I have no idea if it is Brittany, or not. It was just the first thought that popped into my head after I read about a body being found.

I also think that he possibly put her in the laundry basket, if he committed the crime. I wonder if remnants of the basket were found burned, too? Though if she was burned beyond recognition (sorry :( ) I think the basket would have melted quickly.

Just thinking, speculating...sorry

when i saw the article about the burned body being found, i had a feeling it was brittany. I have seen her photo circulating on facebook. Poked around the net and on facebook, then decided to search ws, where of course, you guys were already on top of it;)

i was in that area recently, as i have a friend that lives off wortham road, not far from where the body was found. I guess it's about a 20 minute drive from where i live. Can't help but wonder why he would choose there, if it was him. It's fairly remote, but not a place i would expect someone to randomly pick. He had to have been there before (i would think.) was he familiar with the area? Does the "other woman" live near there? Had he been to the fairgrounds prior? If he was coming from 49 seems he would have taken 53 towards lyman, passed the fairgrounds, then onto gulf haven. Then again, maybe he just randomly picked an exit and took a few turns until he felt "safe."

this is all speculation, of course. I have no idea if it is brittany, or not. It was just the first thought that popped into my head after i read about a body being found.

I also think that he possibly put her in the laundry basket, if he committed the crime. I wonder if remnants of the basket were found burned, too? Though if she was burned beyond recognition (sorry :( ) i think the basket would have melted quickly.

Just thinking, speculating...sorry

we are definately on the same page! !!!!!!

OMG, watching this guy's interview....GMAB. "He repeats "it's not uncommon for her to be out doing laundry...it's not uncommon" to the point where he sounds like he's trying to convince others, not just stating a fact. Like he's reassuring himself of his own story. So many red flags in this interview! Unreal. Looking down the whole time, shielding his eyes/face with his hand.

"Anything she wanted, she got. You could ask Brooklyn."

You could ask an (almost) two-year-old? What? That's your best witness to the stability/health of your relationship? Uh, okay.

He spends some time talking about inane details (double wedding) and shrugging a lot. Not a lot of pleading for her to come home. Just a lot of "everything we WERE doing. That's what we WERE" "We WERE happy" He also briefly shakes his head "no" when he says "That's what we WERE...a happy family"

He seems to be quick to throw out other leads such as problems with her ex mother-in-law, problems with her ex-boyfriend, reckless about feeding a homeless guy." Many people (her immediate family included) seem to through denial and refusing to believe that anything could have happened to her, but he seems to have thrown out some possibilities quickly. Almost like he's trying to take focus off of himself. He says he has no idea what could have happened to her, but then throws out stuff like that? Obviously you DO have an idea. You have thought about it.

He also looks angry in some of the video to me. No tears, lots of face covering.

I should send this to Eyes for Lies. She would have a field day with this, I'm sure.

I don't believe this guy for a second. I think she was pushing for marriage, he was seeing someone else, and could feel it clamping down on him. Or maybe she found out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back