Found Deceased MS - Brittany Crenshaw, 19, McLaurin, 16 Aug 2012 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he's guilty, which I happen to believe, then him giving an interview says a lot about his personality; which is scary, imo. Also may indicate he has gotten away with other violent acts in the past. Maybe not murder, but battery, etc.

Gahhh...I had a "Josh Powell" flasback when I watched this.
What a ....IMO,yadda yadda :sick:

Also, the fact that he said that the only thing that bothered her is "She wanted help with the clothes, and I said I would" yet he says he gets home, assumes she was doing laundry, took a shower and went to bed. If he's trying to be the good fiance that he says he is, and he gives her everything she wants, as he says, wouldn't he walk down there and help her with the clothes, if that was the only thing wrong with their relationship, and he promised he would? He just makes no sense. Tries to build himself up, throw suspicion off himself. I'm willing to bet he did not want to marry her, and couldn't think of another way out, but he was "stuck" with her, in his mind. Shame. I just don't get it:(

My theory. He will say anything to appease to get what he wants and toss when done. He's also very immature. BC wanted to settle down and be a family; hence the family photo shoot. He played it to full hilt along with the speculation of marriage, property, house, etc. At some point when the time came for him to take actions to make it a reality, he had to find a reason/excuse for it not to. Meanwhile, he was working on his next relationship victim. There were reports (rumor) by a neighbor in the RV camp that he heard arguing... frequently between the two. I'd bet this was orchestrated by him to begin ending the relationship; but, I think BC in the mist of the argument said something that hit home with BD emotionally or psychologically ..and he totally lost it enraged.

Hope there will be evidence of the COD, but I wouldn't be surprised if it can't be determined since her body was so destroyed by the burning.
LE had to have huge amounts of damning evidence to charge him before they found her body...including proof of her dead body in his vehicle for the transport.

Also rumor was domestic violence was the reason for the break up with his first wife. There has to more to the backstory of BD.

JMO

Just a theory:

What if she was pregnant? He already has a child with his ex....and Brittany has her little girl...whom he makes a point to say that she calls him daddy....weird for someone you have been dating for 2 months. It all seemed like it was going at warp speed.....getting married...rings...dresses.....and only dating two months. She could have been pushing it as woman that age do get tunnel vision and want the family life...especially because she already has a little girl....so it feels like she was steam rolling ahead...and was saying fine...yes...for awhile...then wanted to put the brakes on things and slow down.....and if she happen to get pregnant...well....then maybe he doesn't believe he has an out of just breaking up with her.....she seems like a very strong and out spoken woman....IMO

These are rumors that are coming out from family and friends
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSS2DLELLTB939SK5

They are saying Ben was got a dishonorable discharge from the national guard for stealing money. And (just a rumor) they say he was known to drug women at bars. This was all posted on the local topix page. Family stepped in and begged that person to please contact the LE in MS with that information

One of his ex girlfriends posted that he was extremely possessive over her. He use to check her phone all the time. He wanted her to move in and have babies after a few weeks of dating.
They are also saying that a friend of his helped him hide/burn the body.

Does anyone have any information on funeral arrangements? I have asked on the bring brittany home facebook page but my questions are getting deleted? I'm wondering if there is a donation account set up for this cause and for the baby? This is so sad and nothing should ever happen to a young person that was so kind hearted and beautiful. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I believe we should be able to rid society of these evil people instead of them getting a free ride in jail!

Does anyone have any information on funeral arrangements? I have asked on the bring brittany home facebook page but my questions are getting deleted? I'm wondering if there is a donation account set up for this cause and for the baby? This is so sad and nothing should ever happen to a young person that was so kind hearted and beautiful. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I believe we should be able to rid society of these evil people instead of them getting a free ride in jail!

Welcome Katykate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No word on the funeral yet. When there is....it will probably be posted at the Monroe News Star in Monroe. Since her mother lives there, I am sure that's where they will have a service of some kind.

They delete any and every comment that's not a "praying for you" comment. Not trying to be snarky or anythiing....but they do.

You can donate by writing a check and sending it to....I think... to...the sister, but they never really explained who was collecting the money. I think it's on that page where to send the money.

<respectfully snipped for space>
You can donate by writing a check and sending it to....I think... to...the sister, but they never really explained who was collecting the money. I think it's on that page where to send the money.

I just found the Facebook page you guys have been referring to and it looks like they're asking for donations to stop temporarily while they get something more formal set up for Brooklyn. I don't know who everyone is but one particular family member seems to be working on it and they've said several times it will be an account "no one can access, not even Brooklyn, until she's 18."

I just found the Facebook page you guys have been referring to and it looks like they're asking for donations to stop temporarily while they get something more formal set up for Brooklyn. I don't know who everyone is but one particular family member seems to be working on it and they've said several times it will be an account "no one can access, not even Brooklyn, until she's 18."

That's a really good thing to hear.
I personally would love to donate when they get that set up.

Honestly, I think Brittany's friends and family's hearts were in the right place..but you have to beware of scam artist. People want to help....but I want to make sure I'm helping the right person. Especially people that are NOT local and don't know the local family involved. I would hate for the Brittany case to become involved in a huge "where's the money" thing.

Actually, from scanning the facebook page...it sounds like a different person is now running it.

I wonder where the little girl was while he was burning her mother's body; that takes a while and she was found an hour or so away. Did he leave her alone for several hours, or take her along? Not sure which is worse.

Didn't an article say Brittany died of a gunshot to the face besides blunt force trauma? Has the gun been found?

I do know the family. There is going to be a memorial for Brittany, not a funeral. Brooklyn's real dad got custody of her in court in Louisiana. Brittany's mom is only allowed supervised visits, and Brittany's stepfather had a court order to stay away from her. Brittany's step mom has been very involved in her life and that was where Brittany and Brooklyn lived until she left to be with Ben. Yes, Brittany and her step mom had an argument, but they loved each other very much. The sister collecting money is from her mom's side of the family. Brooklyn's dad is young like Brittany, but hopefully he will step up and be a good dad. He knows about Brittany's troubles with her mom and step dad and will follow those orders. Brooklyn should be safe.

I do know the family. There is going to be a memorial for Brittany, not a funeral. Brooklyn's real dad got custody of her in court in Louisiana. Brittany's mom is only allowed supervised visits, and Brittany's stepfather had a court order to stay away from her. Brittany's step mom has been very involved in her life and that was where Brittany and Brooklyn lived until she left to be with Ben. Yes, Brittany and her step mom had an argument, but they loved each other very much. The sister collecting money is from her mom's side of the family. Brooklyn's dad is young like Brittany, but hopefully he will step up and be a good dad. He knows about Brittany's troubles with her mom and step dad and will follow those orders. Brooklyn should be safe.

What a mess...all created by a senseless murder. What should have been just one more break-up between immature young people...

This case has particularly made me sad as I really looked through Brittanys facebook and those of her mum and stepmum.....thanks katykate for filling us in with the family dynamics as I noticed stepmum was more in her life (until about June) than her real mum......even though I noticed stepmum hasnt been with her dad for quite a long time as she had just broken up with another guy she was with.......basicallly the famiy dynamics were all over the place and I feel Brittany was a little lost girl, mum with a new family, dad gods knows where and the closest person to her was a stepmum that wasnt even with her dad....

Looking at her photos this girl was crying out to be in a normal nuclear style family and obviously grabbed the opportunity with this guy when it came...........and now this.....I really hope someone gives her daughter a stable upbringing......

Dad and step mom have a good co-parenting relationship and they share Brittany's little brother. Dad has confirmed that there will be no funeral costs, even thought the facebook page says there will. There is going to be a memorial service. Anyone, even family, who asks on the facebook page about sending money directly to a funeral home or to Brooklyn's dad is deleted and blocked from the page. This is sadly turning into a battle between one side of the family trying to profit from what has happened to Brittany and the other side of the family trying to make sure Brooklyn is taken care of per Brittany's wishes. I re-read the facebook page and they state all money donated will go to Brittany's family...not specifically Brooklyn. My guess is that her daddy is the one who could use the help. Brittany really didn't have much to do with her mother's side of the family at all. I believe it's true that Brittany was looking for that nuclear family she dreamed about. She had a difficult life and deserves some peace now. I hope she knows that Brooklyn's daddy loves her and is going to do the best he can for her little one. I doubt any of the money being collected by Kaci Crenshaw will go to Brooklyn's dad...so if you are thinking about donating, you may want to wait until something going through a trust or a bank is set up. Personal checks to Kaci Crenshaw don't seem the way to go. Brittany's dad, Hayward Crenshaw, is there taking care of the memorial expenses. Brittany's step family is focusing on Brooklyn and keeping her safe, per Brittany's notarized wishes not very many months ago. So sad her family is trying to profit from this horrible crime. I'm ready to hear more about evidence against Ben and when he will go to court.

thats what i was wondering. it says t-shirts are being made and sold and 100 percent of the money is going to brittany crenshaws family. I was thinking why not a BANK MADE account for Brooklyn.. I am just so scared i will send money to the wrong person. Im going to wait on a fund for Brooklyn. Isnt the Kaci her half sister on her dads side? Gah im Confuzed.... Wonder when we will hear the autopsy report. I hope this "thing" not gonna call him a man gets the death penalty......I am so glad that little Brooklyn is to young to know what was happening.

thats what i was wondering. it says t-shirts are being made and sold and 100 percent of the money is going to brittany crenshaws family. I was thinking why not a BANK MADE account for Brooklyn.. I am just so scared i will send money to the wrong person. Im going to wait on a fund for Brooklyn. Isnt the Kaci her half sister on her dads side? Gah im Confuzed.... Wonder when we will hear the autopsy report. I hope this "thing" not gonna call him a man gets the death penalty......I am so glad that little Brooklyn is to young to know what was happening.

Yeah I'm definitely confused by all that. Kaci is the one collecting money, she is Brittany's sister on her dad's side. Olivia is her sister from her mom, and she has not mentioned anything about taking up money. Brittany and Gina may not have had the best relationship but Brittany did spend time with her often. I'm not sure where this info came from. I don't know who is making the tshirts, but Olivia has said nothing on her Facebook page about it. It's only on the bring Brittany home page, and the two names are ones I didnt recognize.

I can promise you, Brittany's mom Gina is not attempting to make money off her daughter. Knowing her personally, it makes me sick that someone would suggest that. She loved her and she loves Brooklyn, I know that's where her focus lies.

Why is there a court order against the step-dad? Why does grandma have supervised visits, only?

Now they are taking donations for an auction on the FB page... Directed by someone named Kelly ?? But no where does it say where proceeds are going!

Wasn't able to get here over the weekend and so sad to come back and have confirmed what my initial fears were. As much as I hate that this beautiful young mother lost her life, I am also so thankful that she was found quickly and can be laid to rest with dignity. Fly with the Angels Brittany!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back