MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here is the part I cannot put together. Again, apologies for this is gruesome talk and there is no way around it. If her mouth and throat were burning from being full of gas or lighter fluid, could she have spoken ? I don't know if that's physically possible. So from her saying her name and naming a perp, I feel the burning inside her mouth, throat, voice box? must have been not as significant as if she had literally been forced something like was mentioned previously. Anyone? :( :(

The small amount of info I heard on a news blurb made me think the accelerant had gone into her mouth and throat but not necessarily that those areas were on fire, but I don't see how they couldn't be if the rest of her was.

This is like something from a horror story. Burns are so incredibly painful, and the fear she must have experienced is unthinkable. I'm so sorry this happened to her.

I really do hope so. I hope that when I wake up tomorrow someone has been arrested for this. This was such a horrible painful thing to do to anyone, 19 or 90. A person capable of something this heinous has no right to walk freely. They belong in a cage or worse.

Worse.
:(

It's just horrific. I have hope that they will solve this soon. Is MS a death penalty state?

Checking to see if there has been an arrest, such an horrific way to die. I'd hope MS is DP, i would assume so.

No apologies needed. You raise a point that brings up the possibility that the details as related by police to family are not entirely accurate. Her body was not examined by a forensic pathologist. Not sure who made the observations about lighter fluid up nostrils, etc. All published facts are quite soon after the crime, and may be fully unsubstantiated. Not entirely accurate would explain the bizarre details, like walking and talking after being torched.

Just a touch of first hand information....15 yrs ago my husband was burned, that included chemical burns in the mouth and throat and lungs. (work accident, not a criminal act)...anyway he was able to talk, very hoarsely, but he could talk. Later as the throat swelled due to the chemicals and burns, he was intubated. So, anyway, it may be possible that she could communicate immediately after the attack. God bless this family, and the LEO working this case.

Thoughts and prayers to Jessica's family and loved ones. I've read different things; one said she was laying on the ground knocked out, another said she was walking on fire. One said she tried to talk but they did not understand her while another said they did.

I can not imagine the pain this young lady suffered; for who knows how long. Would not surprise me if it was her abusive ex-BF. Really wish we had an eye for an eye! The monster responsible should suffer with the same fate

"As her car continued to blaze, emergency workers struggled to hear Chambers' final words. She spoke in a hoarse voice, Jay Hale, the assistant district attorney for Panola County said.

Did she identify her killer?

Hale paused and told CNN that no one was in custody yet, so it's still not known."

He didn't confirm or deny it to CNN. Hmm

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/

There is also surveillance video from a gas station in Courtland that shows Chambers in her last hours.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/08/mississippi-woman-set-on-fire/20082929/

Video at link, I am on a dinosaur computer not at home. I just watch billy rae cyrus on the history channel about moonshine. :) I wonder if that is the accelerate. Lame I know, but a thought. I'm sure it is still being made, I know it was about 20 years ago.

Sorry if this has been posted. Two things stood out to me.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...-tries-to-comfort-burning-victim-before-death

"There was a party going on and she was there," said Chambers' acquaintance Charlotte Wilkerson. "When she left the party, that's when it happened to her."

''Investigators say someone poured an accelerant on Chambers and set her on fire.''

Champion says a judge signed an order so investigators can get Chambers' phone records. He expects to receive those Wednesday.

Champion also says this crime does not appear to be random.

Does that mean today or next Wednesday? RIP Jessica.

It appears upon slow motion there are two ppl in the car, she gets in passenger side and someone else is in back seat.look closely . Meaning three total drive away. Imo

I thought I saw that too. Thanks

Strange that the car that was burned is white and the car she got out of in the gas station video is black.

Is it possible the fire burned the paint off and what is now visible is metal or primer? Would have to see this up close.

Is there a video showing Jessica getting into her car just before leaving the gas station? Saw one last night and thought it was of Jessica and it appeared there were at least two others inside the car???

Is there a video showing Jessica getting into her car just before leaving the gas station? Saw one last night and thought it was of Jessica and it appeared there were at least two others inside the car???
Yes. Please note her car is the black one, not the white one.

From what I saw of the video it looked like there were three people in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr