MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it could possibly be a female at first. But now that LE has done rumor control and we know that they have said "we do not know if an accelerant was even used yet" or something to that nature, I'm not so sure what to think. They have said the autopsy report would be ready by tomorrow. Not sure when WE will hear about it though..

BBM

The police always say that until they have it confirmed forensically through lab results. We have seen the car and there had to be an accelerant of some kind used to start this kind of raging fire that not only engulfed her vehicle but burned her over 98% of her body. And the fire had to quickly spread so whatever was used was very combustible such as lighter fluid or gasoline.

BBM Interesting indeed. I have been wondering if it was not a horrible accident and not even a murder at all. But I did not really have a way to get the car ablaze in that scenario. The car went down a rather steep embankment, yes? Couldn't she have hit her head in the car rolling down there. If the car was on fire and she lost control ?
ETA Anyone who was in the car with her and/ or caused that fire would not want to come talk about it if it were a meth explosion. That's for sure.

BBM - Up not down, a small embankment, wouldn't call it steep personally. And if this was an accident I'll eat hay with a donkey ;)

DNA evidence may help investigators solve the Jessica Chambers case

Her father believes suspects in the case should have evidence on them. Chambered noted, “Jessica was a fighter. Whoever it was they're going to have some marks. Jessica is the kind of girl, she ain't going to lay down and let somebody do that to her.”

There is now an $11,000 reward in the case. Investigators have no suspects at this time.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/27610801/dna-evidence-may-help-investigators-solve-the-jessica-chambers-case

From video: DNA results expected today, also mentions possible damage to rear of the car. Dad "if it is damaged, it wasn't there before"

BBM

This makes me wonder if the perp or perps may have been following behind her and hit her vehicle in the backend to make her stop. Were they trying to run her off the road to hem her in?

When I was in my early 20s something like that happened to me. Three goons in a pickup truck kept trying to run me off the road when I was going home from work. They would come up beside me almost touching my vehicle and then swerve making me swerve in order to prevent colliding with them. One was hanging out the window yelling at me telling me what all they were going to do to me once they got me stopped.:mad:

I had other ideas in mind. By then I knew they were serious and I was very likely going to be brutally raped and thrown in a ditch somewhere, left to die. So I had a conceal to carry permit and I pointed my handgun at the bottom of the passenger door and fired. That saved my life that night. Not only did it make them speed away.... the police was able to find them and the truck that had the bullet hole in the passenger door.

IMO

BBM - Up not down, a small embankment, wouldn't call it steep personally. And if this was an accident I'll eat hay with a donkey ;)

That is steep for Mississippi :) OK, UP! Duh, I was looking at those pics wondering how the car got to there and just assumed it went down and jumped the rail . See? Not paying attention is my strong suit !

BBM

This makes me wonder if the perp or perps may have been following behind her and hit her vehicle in the backend to make her stop. Were they trying to run her off the road to hem her in?

When I was in my early 20s something like that happened to me. Three goons in a pickup truck kept trying to run me off the road when I was going home from work. They would come up beside me almost touching my vehicle and then swerve making me swerve in order to prevent colliding with them. One was hanging out the window yelling at me telling me what all they were going to do to me once they got me stopped.:mad:

I had other ideas in mind. By then I knew they were serious and I was very likely going to be brutally raped and thrown in a ditch somewhere, left to die. So I had a conceal to carry permit and I pointed my handgun at the bottom of the passenger door and fired. That saved my life that night. Not only did it make them speed away.... the police was able to find them and the truck that had the bullet hole in the passenger door.

IMO

Maybe they set the car ablaze and while the fire was still small, she was trying to back in / out of an area to get to safety and did the damage herself backing into another vehicle or tree or something. I'm assuming if a car did hit it , then any evidence of that other vehicle was ruined by the fire .

Glad you made it Ocean :)

I was too!

Looking at the location of where JC's car was found on the map, it would have been on the left side of the road when driving SW. Not the right side of the road? :thinking:

Looking at the photo of the aftermath and tracks (although some are obviously from the tow truck hauling her car away), her car would have had to do a complete 180 to end up as it did!

If she wasn't forced off of the road then, why didn't she simply pull off to the side on the right? If you look at the map, the driveways across the street from one another are almost identical too.

Does anyone know for sure what the exact position of her car was when it was found?

vzdizn.jpg

Hmm.. Lots of woods in a rural area. I wonder if there might be any hunting cameras in those trees that were pointed in the direction of the attack.

Maybe they set the car ablaze and while the fire was still small, she was trying to back in / out of an area to get to safety and did the damage herself backing into another vehicle or tree or something. I'm assuming if a car did hit it , then any evidence of that other vehicle was ruined by the fire .

Glad you made it Ocean :)

Here are some random thoughts from a user in Mississippi (do not live in the area or personally know anyone connected with this awful crime or those investigating.)
1. The horrific aspect of the burning has generated all sorts of contradictory reports about flammable liquids being used, and moreover the TYPE of flammable liquid which may or may not have been used. I don't know about other parts of the country, but here in MS a lot of times when people say "Lighter Fluid" what they actually mean is "charcoal starter." Real "lighter fluid," I would think, is a fairly exotic product that possibly generates a traceable purchase. "Charcoal Starter" on the other hand is quite common and could be expected to be found in myriad pickup trucks all over the area, particularly in the trucks of hunters / outdoors-types, as well as by those bent on burning evidence to conceal evidence of a crime.
2. Which leads to my next point: I agree, like many of the posters here have stated, that the burning is an attempt to cover up evidence, either of a sexual assault or of what the perp(s) assumed to have been a dead body after a physical assault.
3. There have been reports of a laceration and/or trauma to Jessica Chambers in the head area. (These reports appear to be contradictory, inasmuch as this is stated in some reports, left out of others.) However: It would seem at least highly unlikely that anyone would use immolation / burning as the "MO" of causing her death, unless the killer(s) assumed that she were already dead or at least unconscious. Here again, I am assuming the killer(s) thought that she was already dead, as burning would be EXACTLY the sort of thing that would seem likely to revive a (merely) unconscious victim. To my way of thinking, any killer(s) who mistook Jessica Chambers being unconscious with her being deceased is an inexperienced killer, even if he (assuming it's a he) is more experienced at battery or physical / sexual assault. There is apparently one preliminary autopsy report "out there," but the details as to other injuries or the exact primary and/or secondary cause(s) of death are not being released, at this point.
4. The cell phone. It strikes me as significant that some effort was made (by someone) to discard of the phone separately from the phone battery and/or internal sim card (or whatever it's called), all of which were reportedly found some distance from the exact site of the burning car. To me, this rules out any "oops" cause of death through drug use, faulty equipment in the car, etc., as it seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY / coincidental that someone would take apart a phone and discard of it away from the car before an accident. Please note that by mentioning drug use I am in no way trying to shame/blame the victim, and moreover I have not read of any report that Jessica Chambers ever engaged in any illegal activity whatsoever. But; even if a drug-use or other accidental cause existed for the fire, there would be no reason for anyone else on the scene to discard of the phone. Also, that someone would think that merely getting rid of the physical evidence of the phone itself would deprive law enforcement of tracing her phone's activity prior to her death suggests an inexperienced or at least naive perpetrator-- you know, PHONE RECORDS.
5. Finally, I hope that the Panola County S.O. will consider calling in help from the MBI (through the MS Dept. of Public Safety) or if possible even the FBI. I have no doubts the local law enforcement are earnest and dedicated and working hard to solve this, but this is a complicated case with all kinds of "stories" out there already; and it's going to get worse before it gets better. My heart goes out to the families and friends of Jessica Chambers and all victims of violent crime, and I sincerely hope those responsible for her death are brought to justice ASAP.

Ooops I meant to post this reply to the whole thread. Sorry about that.
Here are some random thoughts from a user in Mississippi (do not live in the area or personally know anyone connected with this awful crime or those investigating.)
1. The horrific aspect of the burning has generated all sorts of contradictory reports about flammable liquids being used, and moreover the TYPE of flammable liquid which may or may not have been used. I don't know about other parts of the country, but here in MS a lot of times when people say "Lighter Fluid" what they actually mean is "charcoal starter." Real "lighter fluid," I would think, is a fairly exotic product that possibly generates a traceable purchase. "Charcoal Starter" on the other hand is quite common and could be expected to be found in myriad pickup trucks all over the area, particularly in the trucks of hunters / outdoors-types, as well as by those bent on burning evidence to conceal evidence of a crime.
2. Which leads to my next point: I agree, like many of the posters here have stated, that the burning is an attempt to cover up evidence, either of a sexual assault or of what the perp(s) assumed to have been a dead body after a physical assault.
3. There have been reports of a laceration and/or trauma to Jessica Chambers in the head area. (These reports appear to be contradictory, inasmuch as this is stated in some reports, left out of others.) However: It would seem at least highly unlikely that anyone would use immolation / burning as the "MO" of causing her death, unless the killer(s) assumed that she were already dead or at least unconscious. Here again, I am assuming the killer(s) thought that she was already dead, as burning would be EXACTLY the sort of thing that would seem likely to revive a (merely) unconscious victim. To my way of thinking, any killer(s) who mistook Jessica Chambers being unconscious with her being deceased is an inexperienced killer, even if he (assuming it's a he) is more experienced at battery or physical / sexual assault. There is apparently one preliminary autopsy report "out there," but the details as to other injuries or the exact primary and/or secondary cause(s) of death are not being released, at this point.
4. The cell phone. It strikes me as significant that some effort was made (by someone) to discard of the phone separately from the phone battery and/or internal sim card (or whatever it's called), all of which were reportedly found some distance from the exact site of the burning car. To me, this rules out any "oops" cause of death through drug use, faulty equipment in the car, etc., as it seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY / coincidental that someone would take apart a phone and discard of it away from the car before an accident. Please note that by mentioning drug use I am in no way trying to shame/blame the victim, and moreover I have not read of any report that Jessica Chambers ever engaged in any illegal activity whatsoever. But; even if a drug-use or other accidental cause existed for the fire, there would be no reason for anyone else on the scene to discard of the phone. Also, that someone would think that merely getting rid of the physical evidence of the phone itself would deprive law enforcement of tracing her phone's activity prior to her death suggests an inexperienced or at least naive perpetrator-- you know, PHONE RECORDS.
5. Finally, I hope that the Panola County S.O. will consider calling in help from the MBI (through the MS Dept. of Public Safety) or if possible even the FBI. I have no doubts the local law enforcement are earnest and dedicated and working hard to solve this, but this is a complicated case with all kinds of "stories" out there already; and it's going to get worse before it gets better. My heart goes out to the families and friends of Jessica Chambers and all victims of violent crime, and I sincerely hope those responsible for her death are brought to justice ASAP.

Hmm.. Lots of woods in a rural area. I wonder if there might be any hunting cameras in those trees that were pointed in the direction of the attack.

Is that Jessica's car. I thought her car was smaller? This looks like an older model full sized sedan?

tia

Snipped by me ( if it worked ) The phone ! Tks. That's why I throw out my speculatives even if they don't make sense, in hopes that others will fill in the blanks or show me the flaws in the logic. The phone ! So here comes grasping at straws. Could an explosion within the car have separated phone from battery and blown them clear of the car ?

ETA My snipping tool is defective..... new format etc. ;)

ETAA If she's giving JohnDoe a ride and he's a known drug dealer/manufacturer and he indeed set the car on fire on accident making a batch, couldn't he remove phone and battery so as not to be detected?

<snipped>

ETAA If she's giving JohnDoe a ride and he's a known drug dealer/manufacturer and he indeed set the car on fire on accident making a batch, couldn't he remove phone and battery so as not to be detected?

Making a batch of what, Schmae? I'm not that versed in making drugs but I believe anything that can blow up (e.g. a meth lab) couldn't really be done in a car on the fly. This was no accident, IMO. And, FWIW, if the phone was ejected from the car due to the explosion, I would think that it could have separated on impact (if it hit the road/rock) but that impact damage would be evident on either the battery or the phone.

Making a batch of what, Schmae? I'm not that versed in making drugs but I believe anything that can blow up (e.g. a meth lab) couldn't really be done in a car on the fly. This was no accident, IMO. And, FWIW, if the phone was ejected from the car due to the explosion, I would think that it could have separated on impact (if it hit the road/rock) but that impact damage would be evident on either the battery or the phone.

I was going off another post re: rolling meth lab. It happens all the time ! They can mix up a few chemicals ( whatever makes it ) and then there is a process involving some slow shaking ( correct me if Im wrong anyone who knows better) inside a soda bottle. But if shaken or moved too vigorously those bottles explode and catch fire. It has been the blame of many car AND home explosions.

I was going off another post re: rolling meth lab. It happens all the time ! They can mix up a few chemicals ( whatever makes it ) and then there is a process involving some slow shaking ( correct me if Im wrong anyone who knows better) inside a soda bottle. But if shaken or moved too vigorously those bottles explode and catch fire. It has been the blame of many car AND home explosions.

I read this in a James Patterson novel as well. Granted this was fictional, and it was larger (it also caught fire). I believe it does happen. I'll see if I can find links. :cow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! The things you learn on WS!! Thanks for clarifying, love.

ETA - I see the post now about the rolling lab. Got it :)

Its curious that she would pull into the pumps, with no car at the pumps, turn around with her car facing north only to leave heading south. Its as if there was a change of plans while at the store.

If she went to a party, could someone at the party have messed with her phone unknown to her, if they had plans to accompany or follow her and assault her? If she left her phone sitting there and went to the bathroom or got up to dance, a companion could have pulled the battery and killed the phone with her being none the wiser that it was now in-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx