MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.khou.com/story/news/nati...her-final-hours-of-jessica-chambers/20237599/
''She woke up Saturday morning for a little while, but went back to sleep for most of the day,''
'''Lisa Chambers said. "She was still wearing her pajama pants so it's not like she was dressed to be out very long."'''
'' Jessica did not mention plans to meet with anybody, only to clean her car and come right back home to do the same to her room.'''

"We've talked to a lot of people and some of those people could end up being a suspect, but as of right now we have not questioned anybody who we believe to be a suspect''

ETA This article has been posted before but these few items I bolded stood out to me.

I agree. Suicide? Really? All due respect to my fellow WSers but I have never heard or even imagined of anyone dousing themselves with lighter fluid/gasoline and lighting a match. I have always thought suicide by hanging was bad enough, but setting yourself on fire? It's nearly impossible to knock yourself out and then set yourself on fire.

That being said I think she was run off the road (damage to right bumper) and then bashed in the head. While she was unconscious they doused her in lighter fluid and some got into her mouth and throat because she was still breathing. When she was set on fire she came to. So sad to imagine how painful those last minutes of her life must have been. She was a strong girl and very smart to whisper to them who did it. Why haven't they made an arrest yet? IMO they have no witnesses and no confessions yet but I think they have an idea who it was. I hope justice does prevail in this sad case.

JMO

Your opinions are similar to mine
I keep coming in expecting to read about an arrest

I don't know about anyone else, but I find it so difficult to post about this sweet young woman.
This is one of the most horrible things I have followed
My heart just breaks for her family and friends

LE NEEDS to find this monster

I wonder where she was the night BEFORE. Reportedly, she had slept most of the day and had PJ's on when she went out to wash her car and get something to eat. Don't know if she did either of those things, but the gas station cashier said that she bought $14 worth of gas and when they asked why so much, she said she was " going somewhere". Then she headed south on 51 and turned on Main(which becomes Herron Rd.) Heading southwest, away from the direction of her home. Toward where? I'm wondering if the call she received at the gas station just before she bought gas, was a lure to head out Herron Rd and that she was being stalked (followed) or if the caller was out on Herron Rd. waiting for her to pass. The car looks as though the rear passenger side corner was rammed. JMO

I realize it's happened before. But how do you explain the damage to her vehicle and the head wound? I just feel that suicide is not a factor in this case. But I respect your opinion.
And I yours. But to argue something doesn't exist because one can't imagine it existing is illogical.

I wonder where she was the night BEFORE. Reportedly, she had slept most of the day and had PJ's on when she went out to wash her car and get something to eat. Don't know if she did either of those things, but the gas station cashier said that she bought $14 worth of gas and when they asked why so much, she said she was " going somewhere". Then she headed south on 51 and turned on Main(which becomes Herron Rd.) Heading southwest, away from the direction of her home. Toward where? I'm wondering if the call she received at the gas station just before she bought gas, was a lure to head out Herron Rd and that she was being stalked (followed) or if the caller was out on Herron Rd. waiting for her to pass. The car looks as though the rear passenger side corner was rammed. JMO

Lisa Chambers said Jessica came home Friday night after ending her shift at Goody's Department Store in Batesville, where she had recently started working. She woke up Saturday morning for a little while, but went back to sleep for most of the day,
http://www.khou.com/story/news/nati...her-final-hours-of-jessica-chambers/20237599/

It will be interesting to find out who called her while at the gas station
I have read that she went to a party. I believe it was a friend who said that.
I have also read that nobody saw her there
Very confusing

Judging by what the convenience store clerk said, she bought a lot of gas because she was going somewhere, it sounds as if her plans changed
Did that conversation happen before or after the phone call?

I'm wondering if maybe someone called while she was at the gas station and asked her for a ride from the party. That would explain the extra gas, maybe, and maybe she told friends she was stopping by the party, but maybe she never actually went inside. If that were the case, some people wouldn't have seen her there, but others who knew she was stopping by to pick someone up would say, "she stopped by a party." Just a thought.

Sorry if already posted I hadn't seen this

Convenience store manager Ali Fadhel said Chambers came in frequently and he would often speak with her. He told The Associated Press that Chambers spoke with someone before entering the store to purchase gas.

On her way out, Chambers got a call on her cellphone, Fadhel said. After she pumped gas, she re-entered the store, bought cigarettes, and drove away, headed south on Highway 51, he said.

According to Fadhel, Chambers was wearing a dark-colored sweater and pajama pants that looked like sweatpants. Chambers said she was going to make a stop before going home, Fadhel said.

"If she knew she had a problem with somebody, she would have told me," Fadhel said.

Chambers bought $14 worth of gas, more than the $5 or so she usually purchased, he said.

"I asked her, 'Why are you putting so much gas?' She said, 'I'm going somewhere,'" Fadhel said.

Hale said he could not comment on Fadhel's statements.

http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2014/12/jessica_chambers_19_spoke_to_m.html

I'm wondering if maybe someone called while she was at the gas station and asked her for a ride from the party. That would explain the extra gas, maybe, and maybe she told friends she was stopping by the party, but maybe she never actually went inside. If that were the case, some people wouldn't have seen her there, but others who knew she was stopping by to pick someone up would say, "she stopped by a party." Just a thought.

To expand on this, that could be how the person who did this got in her car. She knew them and they asked her for a ride (all pre-planned). Maybe the person asking for the ride "from a party" had an accomplice who rammed her car, made her go off the road, whatever happened happened, and they left in the accomplice's car. All just my thoughts of possibilities.....

**Edited for grammar :)

Does anyone have a link for this letter?

Does anyone have a link for this letter?

Apparently it got removed.

(modsnip) I was told the latter is not MSM but it's not a blog, so IDK what it is. MSM is not my strong suit.

ADMIN NOTE: If you are following friends and family on their personal FB pages, that's your business. You CANNOT post about it here, however.
Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Etiquette & Information

Add to the above, blogs that have not been approved by the mod team, as well as comments/rumors/posts from readers of news articles and public FB pages. In this case, the only approved sources are mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement releases, and one "justice for" FB page.

NOTE: If you cannot link to it, you cannot post it, nor post about it. "It" is OFF LIMITS.

Thanks.
:bump:

Apparently some also need a reminder that it's a TOS violation to leave an off limits post -- like a photo from a personal FB page for instance -- and then delete it after a few minutes before a mod sees it. Sneaky = :notgood:

So, she bought cigarettes.....and, more gas than usual. I thought sister and mom said she didn't smoke....and she said she going somewhere....to meet someone, not close by?

I can't tell if the party has been verified but as for her being in PJ's and going anyways maybe it was a bonfire type of party? It's the South, it's football season, the weather is cooling off. A lot of teenage girls wear their pajama pants out of the house nowadays. Or maybe she thought she was going to a bonfire - got a call and picked up the perp(s) and she wouldn't think twice of anyone carrying some sort of fire accelerator. I am very interested in what her phone records have to show. The perp(s) can't be too clever since he left her phone at the scene even though he took the battery.

BBM

WOW good point. Maybe the perp wasn't planning on killing her this way but used accelerant because he/she had easy access to it. I'm very curious as to why she drove or was pushed up the embankment... Maybe she was trying to get away from someone in a hurry.

I agree that whoever took her battery out of the phone was not an experienced criminal. They most likely were in a panic state. But why not throw the phone into the fire? Was the phone burned? If the phone wasn't burned then it would lead me to believe that someone was in her car and there was a dispute. They took her phone so she couldn't call 911/for help. After they set the car and her ablaze they removed the battery and left it there. Ugh this is so tragic and horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98