MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO:

I really, really, really (unfortunately) do not think this was an accident at all. Like, at all. The fire was the cover up for whatever horrible crime happened to her beforehand. No rolling drug labs, no huffing or drug use accident, no recalled gas tank explosion, no rear-end collision gone bad, no hit and run, and she didn't run off the road - IMO it was nothing like that at all. The person/people thought fire would destroy all DNA evidence. I'm just stating my opinion, and I wish it were an accident, because this is pure evil. I'm not saying anyone else is wrong, either, because I wasn't there, I am not clairvoyant, and I definitely don't know everything (ha!).

This perpetrator probably knew her. I don't think the person acted alone (at least when it came to the fire) because there had to be a getaway, and they obviously had to have their supplies to start the fire. They had to get rid of the supplies (empty containers, etc.) because I have yet to hear that any of this was found at the scene. I think they certainly thought she was dead before they started the fire. Since the phone wasn't burned, I think they took it before they lit the fire, maybe even as an "oh crap - grab her phone" last-minute thing, removed the battery, threw it down and thought that was sufficient as far as the phone goes. Seems they didn't think very hard about the phone. They obviously do not watch a lot of true crime TV. Anyone who followed the Casey Anthony trial (and others), as well as watches the ID Channel, religiously, knows all about cell phones and what can be found out. I think the rear-end that looks damaged is most likely warping and melting from the fire, etc., if it wasn't there before. I think an accelerant was used due to the extent of the damage, the height of the fire (look at that one tree), etc. (they just won't say for sure yet). Maybe they are waiting to determine the type of accelerant first.

I think this was either a jealous person/people who assaulted her (probably somewhere else) OR
a former boyfriend or hook up who was abusive and thought if he couldn't have her, no one could and this was preplanned OR
an abusive guy who she went to talk to, they had an argument, he hit her on the head in the moment,
thought she was dead and tried to burn the evidence OR
she was raped and they tried to burn the evidence, including in her mouth and nose (IF something was really poured in them).
Those are the possibilities I am going with, and I seriously hope this is solved sooner rather than later.

I agree 100% but will add that I think it's possible that a female or multiple females were involved. But, LE did interview a man (who was released), so perhaps she did give them the name of a male or multiple males, if some of these reports are correct. I think a rape occurred, but in our area (not MS, though near), we have seen the most horrendous crimes committed by female teen-age peers of the victims.

Noticed about 45 guests following the Jessica Lane Chambers' websleuths thread. Please sign up to become members of WS and join in the discussion. The cases that have locals posting seem to be the most effective when sleuthing crimes.... TIA

I agree 100% but will add that I think it's possible that a female or multiple females were involved. But, LE did interview a man (who was released), so perhaps she did give them the name of a male or multiple males, if some of these reports are correct. I think a rape occurred, but in our area (not MS, though near), we have seen the most horrendous crimes committed by female teen-age peers of the victims.

I can see a female/females involved. Females involved in arson are usually motivated by revenge or jealousy. I am sure LE has been monitoring her peers (hopefully) and their behaviors since the Saturday night!

My heart is heavy for all family and friends of Jessica. For the entire community. While here at WS we do a lot of bantering about of ideas, please know that we care (yes, I'm speaking for everyone... have no doubt we all agree) about you and your community. We aren't just here for the exercises in logic that we experience. I am truly grieved and praying for Justice for Jessica. Also, for safety for others while this murderer is still free.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...investigators-solve-the-jessica-chambers-case

DNA evidence may help investigators solve the Jessica Chambers case
Posted: Dec 11, 2014 11:22 PM EST
Updated: Dec 12,
,sniped>

Her father believes suspects in the case should have evidence on them. Chambered noted, “Jessica was a fighter. Whoever it was they're going to have some marks. Jessica is the kind of girl, she ain't going to lay down and let somebody do that to her.”

There is now

The Youtube CCTV video is full of editing, and therefore highly suspect since the manipulation moves through several speed changes, different cam views, and back-and-forth timespans, etcetera. Is there a better, less manipulated version?

Edit added

I searched the board and found a more useful version posted on FB.

The problem I have with this story is: the person Jessica Chambers waves to. Theoretically that person is the last person to have seen and spoken with Chambers. To date, I do not believe I have seen any information about that person. This seems extraordinarily significant.

'Hall Of Shame' -->

#JusticeForJessica scammer shut down after fundraising attempt
Posted: Dec 11, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Updated: Dec 12, 2014
http://www.wistv.com/story/27609568...ing-attempt?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

PANOLA CO, MS (WMC) -
The Justice for Jessica Facebook page is getting a lot of attention. People across the country are concerned for the family during the murder case of their daughter.

Thursday, WMC Action News 5 learned that someone was trying to take advantage by raising money that the family says was not going to Jessica.

Lisa Chambers was stunned when she saw a page administrator post a warning about someone trying to scam money for her late daughter. The page has since been taken down.
<sniped - read more>

Sick *****! Go to he** , vultures !

Coincidentally, there is a newly released documentary about young arsonists in Texas, fwiw. Could the attention it received motivate copycat behavior?

http://www.wlox.com/story/27434204/...ch-arsonists-discusses-release-of-documentary

"MURCHISON, TX -

We are approaching the five-year anniversary of ten church arsons, which launched the largest criminal investigation in East Texas history.

Little Hope Baptist Church in Canton was the first to go up in flames on January 1, 2010. Nine other East Texas churches would burn by February 8, 2010. Then, a tip written on a bathroom wall led to the arrest of 19-year-old Jason Borque and 21-year-old Daniel McAllister. Their story is now being told in a documentary called Little Hope was Arson, the same words that helped officials put them behind bars.

That documentary is making its way to East Texas this weekend. James Ellis, one of the men interviewed in the film, is sharing what he remembers about teaching Borque and McAllister in Sunday school."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwrOdbanxyg

The battery was out of her phone. Was the battery cover on the phone as if it were replaced after the battery removed or was the cover still off? Not sure what kind of phone she had but if she dropped it after exiting the car it could have fallen out then. Do we know if the battery was found?

I'm leaning toward a tragic engine fire that rapidly overtook her and the car causing her to lose control. The Kia Rio did have this as a recall problem.
I read somewhere that the battery was found in the ditch Close to the car

Speechless.

And I agree - LE got something from what Jessica tried to say, but they are hoping to gather more solid evidence without any named persons feeling too much heat to cover tracks or run.

Is it possible that she had backed her car into the approach to talk with someone in another car? I know that if I am in a driveway or approach directly off a road, I will back my car in so that when I'm leaving I don't have to try to back out onto a roadway.
Then, if she backed her car into the approach, that she hit the accelerator and the back bumper of her car on the charred tree, therefore explaining the damage to her car? I may have missed it, but I didn't see if the front of her car was facing the road or facing the tree.

It's making me nervous that they haven't picked anybody up and charged 'em for this yet. This is one of those cases that MUST be solved. Something like this can't be allowed to go unpunished in our society. When something like this happens, it just makes everyone feel a little bit less secure about their safety.

Of course, I thought the same thing about the Russell and Shirley Dermond case down in Georgia too, and we all know how that one is working out.

Is it possible that she had backed her car into the approach to talk with someone in another car? I know that if I am in a driveway or approach directly off a road, I will back my car in so that when I'm leaving I don't have to try to back out onto a roadway.
Then, if she backed her car into the approach, that she hit the accelerator and the back bumper of her car on the charred tree, therefore explaining the damage to her car? I may have missed it, but I didn't see if the front of her car was facing the road or facing the tree.

I'm thinking something similar. Maybe not about backing in but that the car may have been damaged by HER trying to maneuver OUT of a certain area and drive to safety.

The bumper cover is plastic and from the photos, it looks as if all the plastic was melted inside and outside the car.

The metal support ,which would be under the bumper cover might be damaged but if she bought the car used it would be impossible to tell when that had occurred . Bumper covers are easy to replace and they can hide older damage .They are held on by plastic clips. Any damage to be vetted as new to the car likey went up in flames as it would have been done to the plastics.. tail lights ,bumper cover . From the photos there is no impact damage to the rear of he car ,no buckling inward of the trunk ,no rear quarter damage..eta..

LE at this point would have to look for frame and subframe damage ,bent or broke axles .. As for front end damage I have not seen photos of the front.

The trunk has been pryed outward .

It's making me nervous that they haven't picked anybody up and charged 'em for this yet. This is one of those cases that MUST be solved. Something like this can't be allowed to go unpunished in our society. When something like this happens, it just makes everyone feel a little bit less secure about their safety.

Of course, I thought the same thing about the Russell and Shirley Dermond case down in Georgia too, and we all know how that one is working out.

Due to the horrific nature of this heinous murder, it is unlikely that this is their first rodeo. The person/s responsible obviously have no empathy/conscience. This psychopathic deviant behavior indicates the probability of recidivism. Likely not their first or last innocent victim, imo...
Imo, the PANOLA CO Sheriff should advise the public to take extra safety precautions until the perp/s are apprehended..

Amen on the 88 year old Russell and 87 year old Shirley Dermond abduction/decapitation/murder case down in Eatonton, Georgia, steelman..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...4-May-2014-9/page30&highlight=shirley+dermond
Websleuths - Found Deceased GA - Shirley Dermond, 87, Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2-4 May 2014 #9

I know the man filling the gas can was cleared, but I thought I read somewhere upthread that the person/people Jessica was waving to and subsequently approached in the surveillance video has also been interviewed and cleared. Can someone confirm?

Coincidentally, there is a newly released documentary about young arsonists in Texas, fwiw. Could the attention it received motivate copycat behavior?

http://www.wlox.com/story/27434204/...ch-arsonists-discusses-release-of-documentary

"MURCHISON, TX -

We are approaching the five-year anniversary of ten church arsons, which launched the largest criminal investigation in East Texas history.

Little Hope Baptist Church in Canton was the first to go up in flames on January 1, 2010. Nine other East Texas churches would burn by February 8, 2010. Then, a tip written on a bathroom wall led to the arrest of 19-year-old Jason Borque and 21-year-old Daniel McAllister. Their story is now being told in a documentary called Little Hope was Arson, the same words that helped officials put them behind bars.

That documentary is making its way to East Texas this weekend. James Ellis, one of the men interviewed in the film, is sharing what he remembers about teaching Borque and McAllister in Sunday school."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwrOdbanxyg

This case, and this beautiful young 19 year old doused and set on fire reminded me of the way the perp, Delvin Barnes, tormented his victim to by dousing her in some accelerant before she was able to escape. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ember-2014-*ARREST*-2&p=11176728#post11176728

This is wild guessing on my part on a scenario or something like it that may have been possible, as they haven't named a suspect or POI based on what she was able to tell the firefighter who first found her. Could the perp have been using having her doused in accelerant as his/her weapon of choice against Jessica Chambers, threatening her with some end in sight, because the perp had no other weapon to threaten with, possibly from the back seat and trying to get to the front? Then could the drive up the side of the road been part of struggle that drove the perp to set the fire, done in a hurry, so not just to burn away evidence but it was the only weapon the perp had, since if the perp had another weapon like a knife or gun they may have used it on her too. Once the fire is set, the phone which may have had the battery taken out before the fire, during the abduction part, was too close to the car for the perp to retrieve, in a rush, or retrieved and dropped away from the car?. I have no way of knowing, and nothing to base this on, other than there is no suspect yet, but something about the circumstances gives me a gut feel that whomever did this, for them dousing her was a way to control her, once they crept in the back of her car maybe. As the Dad mentions, Jessica was a fighter, so she struggled and the situation got out of hand, the car runs off the road and up with some speed, which may have also led to the back end being damaged as it hit ground on a fast steep leap up. That would be when Jessica may have gashed her head and been knocked out. The perp may have been thrown around too, but all they had to do was light a match and get away, once out of the car. Does this make sense at all, sorry, over thinking it? I see some desperate freak without a car or better weapon trying an abduction, torment, robbery, and what ended with murder. Results of the autopsy and the phone pings on where she may have pulled up to clean her car may tell more. She may not have known the perp, who may have gotten to her inside her car wherever Jessica pulled over to clean her car as she had mentioned that she would to her mom.

I agree with Foxfire upthread about this may not have been a first time for this person, but the situation may have gotten out of their control this time.

Jerry Askin WMC-TV &#8207;@JerryAskinWMC 1m1 minute ago
In Panola county, as family members wait for deputies to release autopsy results in Jessica Chambers' death. Story on @WMCActionNews5 at 5

https://twitter.com/JerryAskinWMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members