MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the beginning it has caused me confusion. I have felt all along that the reclined seats are due to the fire - the cables, springs, straps, handles all are subject to extreme stress when in such a hot fire. Thin metal parts warp and this includes the seat structure itself.

So I got curious and Googled burned out cars. Car after car after car I saw shells of burned out cars with the seats reclined. Not every one but enough to conclude that it is possible the seats were not reclined before the fire.

These are just 2 examples;

Burned out car inside.jpg 21_15_25_web.jpg

There are plenty of examples either way so I am not ready to say that they were reclined purposely

ETA: Ok one more, LOL http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1355943967/005/8103005_600x400.jpg

:cow:

Do we know if a gas can was used or just lighter fluid? Has there been any connection to Jessica's death and the house fire (I know that's a long shot but I haven't seen any info on that fire, curious if it was arson)? I read on here that some people actually huff lighter fluid - thought I had heard most everything but that blew me away. I'm not at all saying Jessica was, but what about her accoster? And is there any truth to her being a snitch or CI in any stories or is that from the rumor mill? Miss 20 Questions here....:)

From the beginning it has caused me confusion. I have felt all along that the reclined seats are due to the fire - the cables, springs, straps, handles all are subject to extreme stress when in such a hot fire. Thin metal parts warp and this includes the seat structure itself.

So I got curious and Googled burned out cars. Car after car after car I saw shells of burned out cars with the seats reclined. Not every one but enough to conclude that it is possible the seats were not reclined before the fire.

View attachment 70368 View attachment 70369

There are plenty of examples either way so I am not ready to that they were reclined purposely

Where were you looking? My research turned up just the opposite.

I can't ignore the fact that JC's paranoia immediately before her death was due to people thinking that she was a 'snitch' or because she had in fact allegedly 'snitched' on someone.

Another point to consider - if she snitched on someone, that doesn't have to mean that she went to the cops. She could have told a guy that his girlfriend was cheating on him (or vice versa). She could have told a parent that their kid was doing drugs. She could have told a parent that their kid was seeing someone they wouldn't approve of, or that someone was being bullied.

Regarding "cleaning up" after the first fire. Maybe the firemen were back at the station cleaning themselves up with soap and water, as opposed to being at the fire scene putting out the last embers. Isn't the fire house fairly close to the Herron Road site of JLC's fire?

View attachment 70368 View attachment 70369

There are plenty of examples either way so I am not ready to say that they were reclined purposely

ETA: Ok one more, LOL http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1355943967/005/8103005_600x400.jpg

Interesting. I wonder if this might vary depending on the age or possibly make of the vehicle? I'd be willing to believe that recent safety requirements might make the seats more robust.

I think it is bigger than that...I just don't see all the Federal departmets being involved, FBI putting up reward money, and posting billboards across 3-4 states for a local murder...I just don't see it...

Classito
What is there to see? It was a small PD trying to handle a case out of their area of expertise. They did the smart thing and called in the state plus the FBI and ATF etc. Each of those entities will respond to offer their help and not to take over a case unless it becomes a federal issue (which this has not). The ATF have experts dealing exclusively with fires. The FBI have greater resources for lab work and experts in various fields such as Behavioral. The billboards have been used for many years and do not indicate anything other than casting a larger net for possible information.

I believe people are reading too much into the feds being involved when there are simple reasons for it. Happens all over the country because it is just what they do when asked.

Someone suggested Jessica may have been using recreational drugs as one explanation for the isolated spot where she was found. Think about it, she just started working at a new job. Who would risk getting caught by a random drug test and losing that new job (not to mention all da 'splainin she'd have to do to Mom)?

Not everyone drug tests.

Not everyone drug tests.

My experience is that many, if not most companies require a drug screen as part of the pre-employment process, but once employed, unless you are driving company vehicles or operating certain types of machinery, very few companies do random follow-up drug tests. I very seriously doubt that a retail clothing store would have random drug tests for their employees, once hired. JMO.

Do we know if a gas can was used or just lighter fluid? Has there been any connection to Jessica's death and the house fire (I know that's a long shot but I haven't seen any info on that fire, curious if it was arson)? I read on here that some people actually huff lighter fluid - thought I had heard most everything but that blew me away. I'm not at all saying Jessica was, but what about her accoster? And is there any truth to her being a snitch or CI in any stories or is that from the rumor mill? Miss 20 Questions here....:)

You're guess is as good as mine as far as if JC was in fact a CI or had/had not snitched on someone. Her mother has mentioned a few times that she (JC) was paranoid prior to her murder, and she has added also in a couple of interviews that JC was paranoid, checking out the windows and such, and when LD (mom) asked what's wrong, JC told her 'these bit***s think I'm snitching (or think I'm a snitch/had snitched)'. LD isn't exactly the queen of reliability in my book, so take it for what it's worth, but it does make sense to me, that if JC was in fact paranoid prior to her murder, she clearly had good reason to be. The links to LD's interviews are on the media thread & somewhere back in this discussion... Sorry I don't have time to dig it up right now! Hope that helps... Moo.

I know I'm alone, at least on this forum, but I believe the parents are involved. That conclusion over the last few days is what I've come to.

Not that I completely agree with you here, but at the same time, I have ruled out exactly nothing in regards to who did this or as to what their motive could have been, so I do respect your opinion here.

Did they think she "snitched" on somebody because she didn't go to jail over the assault on her mom? When she came back from Leah's did somebody get caught up and arrested right after she left town? The girl(s) that assaulted her the week previously?

I know I'm alone, at least on this forum, but I believe the parents are involved. That conclusion over the last few days is what I've come to.

Not that I completely agree with you here, but at the same time, I have ruled out exactly nothing in regards to who did this or as to what their motive could have been, so I do respect your opinion here. I have given them a bit of a side-eye ever since they were given a decent sum of money from donations and never spoke on contributing it to the reward fund or for any other resources aimed at finding Justice for their daughter. MOo.

You're guess is as good as mine as far as if JC was in fact a CI or had/had not snitched on someone. Her mother has mentioned a few times that she (JC) was paranoid prior to her murder, and she has added also in a couple of interviews that JC was paranoid, checking out the windows and such, and when LD (mom) asked what's wrong, JC told her 'these bit***s think I'm snitching (or think I'm a snitch/had snitched)'. LD isn't exactly the queen of reliability in my book, so take it for what it's worth, but it does make sense to me, that if JC was in fact paranoid prior to her murder, she clearly had good reason to be. The links to LD's interviews are on the media thread & somewhere back in this discussion... Sorry I don't have time to dig it up right now! Hope that helps... Moo.

If this is all true, coming from LD, Jessica must've felt as if she wasn't in danger that night with whomever she was meeting. If that's the case, someone she trusted completely is involved with this.

What is there to see? It was a small PD trying to handle a case out of their area of expertise. They did the smart thing and called in the state plus the FBI and ATF etc. Each of those entities will respond to offer their help and not to take over a case unless it becomes a federal issue (which this has not). The ATF have experts dealing exclusively with fires. The FBI have greater resources for lab work and experts in various fields such as Behavioral. The billboards have been used for many years and do not indicate anything other than casting a larger net for possible information.

I believe people are reading too much into the feds being involved when there are simple reasons for it. Happens all over the country because it is just what they do when asked.

Billboards across 3-4 states to catch a local criminal no one has a name or face to....3 federal agencies + local and state working on one murder case....With all the threats of terrorism, hackers, riots, frauds, counterfeiting, cyber crimes, illegal guns sales and other federal crimes 3 federal agencies have time and labor to donate to a local murder by a local person(s) over a lovers spat or jealousy...

"I'm looking to hire 1,000 people to start to fill those almost 2,500 vacancies that we have.....Comey said the FBI needs to hire those 1,000 people quickly because "the plate of threats we face is remarkable." He said the agency's top priorities are counter-terrorism, including prevent a WMD attack; counter-intelligence; and criminal challenges, the latter ranging from public corruption to civil rights to white collar crime, gangs and human trafficking, and protecting children.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/fbi-director-im-looking-hire-1000-people-october-1

Classito

I don't know either, but surely there is a way. The phone company I use has a record of every phone call made on our household's cell phones, including numbers, date, time, and duration on our monthly bills. It would not be too much of a stretch to see such a capability extended to actually listen in on select calls. Any cellular employees who could confirm or deny "wireless" wire taps are indeed possible?

I remember back in the early days of analog cell phones, it was possible to have your conversations overheard on a nearby scanner. That went away with the digital age, but not to say it would not still be possible at a cell tower, switching station, or similar facility.

Awaiting input from the telecom experts out there.

Googling the terms "stinger cell towers" or "stingray active cell" will give you any information you need. It isn't just possible, it's already been implemented.

Respectfully:

The location of Courtland in Mississippi is relatively close to both Tennessee (the Memphis area) as well as the area in Arkansas just across the Mississippi River. I just don't find it terribly surprising that billboards might be up in those states, at least in areas within a closer vicinity of Northwest Mississippi (within a 1-2 hour drive).

I recalled reading an interview somewhere a while back that involved Dr. Robert Keppel, an accomplished academic with research interests in high-profile murders + investigations, and who also was Chief Investigator in Washington State during at least part of the Green River Killer era...
http://www.newhaven.edu/Faculty-Staff-Profiles/Robert-Keppel/

I can't find a better, more primary source at the moment, so I am quoting from a page on the JonBenet Ramsey case, but the gist of what Dr. Keppel has found over his career experience was this:

"...in over 90% of cases, the name of the offender was in the police files within the first month or so... Thus, it's far more likely than not that the killer is someone already identified by police."

(http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682520/Theories of the Case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55