MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Billboards across 3-4 states to catch a local criminal no one has a name or face to....3 federal agencies + local and state working on one murder case....With all the threats of terrorism, hackers, riots, frauds, counterfeiting, cyber crimes, illegal guns sales and other federal crimes 3 federal agencies have time and labor to donate to a local murder by a local person(s) over a lovers spat or jealousy...

"I'm looking to hire 1,000 people to start to fill those almost 2,500 vacancies that we have.....Comey said the FBI needs to hire those 1,000 people quickly because "the plate of threats we face is remarkable." He said the agency's top priorities are counter-terrorism, including prevent a WMD attack; counter-intelligence; and criminal challenges, the latter ranging from public corruption to civil rights to white collar crime, gangs and human trafficking, and protecting children.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/fbi-director-im-looking-hire-1000-people-october-1

Classito
Yes because it is what they do. And they do need to hire more people because the dangers we face as a nation today are more challenging.

I can show you case after case where the FBI and other agencies were brought in for the same reasons. Missing children, missing adults, murders, etc. all warrant the attention of the FBI should local law enforcement request their help. Again, their resources are valuable to small agencies.

So do they care about the local murder of a young girl? Yes. Hard for some to believe, but it is true. Each state has an FBI office and they work closely with the state investigative branch. It isn't like the entire FBI has been called into work this case. This is SOP (standard operating procedure).

Thousands of our agents work closely with their state and local partners on investigations and joint task forces. We have a surge capacity that can be tapped into during major cases, and we make our many capabilities available upon request—from evidence experts to behavioral analysts.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts

If this is all true, coming from LD, Jessica must've felt as if she wasn't in danger that night with whomever she was meeting. If that's the case, someone she trusted completely is involved with this.
I can't say that I believe LD about this "snitching".

The billboard in Arkansas is about 140 miles from Courtland MS...I would not call that close nor local...

Classito

Each state has an FBI office and they work closely with the state investigative branch. It isn't like the entire FBI has been called into work this case. This is SOP (standard operating procedure).

FBI is now assisting the ATF, and U.S. Marshals with the Jessica Chambers' investigation, according to District Attorney John Champion...

"An FBI spokesperson said they often offer to help in big cases like this, and sometimes they're requested. It's unclear how they became involved in this situation."

"That's why we're putting all these tremendous hours in. We have all this tremendous manpower"
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/27633176/fbi-assisting-local-law-enforcement-agencies-in-jessica-chambers-case

"With several agencies including the Panola County Sheriff's Department, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, the FBI, the ATF, the State Fire Marshal's office, and the US Marshals Service involved"
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/23/authorities-narrowing-to-possible-people-of-interest-in-chambers-case/20807807/

The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation(SBI) and the FBI are both involved in this case so yes its like the whole FBI
An SBI is a state's equivalent to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Note: Emphasis by me

Classito

With the seeming confirmation of another fire in the Courtland area the day of Jessica's murder, I asked myself several questions. What are the odds of two fires requiring a response from the local FD happening on the same day in such a small locale? If indeed they are astronomical, then one suspects a second arson and a coordination of the two events, not happenstance or coincidence, right? If coordination, then conspiracy, and AT LEAST two persons involved due to the timing and distances? The fact that the fires were in opposite directions from the FD would support such a theory, with the first fire serving as a distraction to draw the fireman further away from Jessica's fire, true? Assuming such a rural area has a volunteer FD and not one staffed round-the-clock, responders would have converged either on the fire station or the scene of the fire, red lights flashing. This would have concentrated all of the personel with the skills and equipment necessary to extinguish a car fire at the maximum distance from Jessica's murder scene, correcto mundo?

What is there to see? It was a small PD trying to handle a case out of their area of expertise. They did the smart thing and called in the state plus the FBI and ATF etc. Each of those entities will respond to offer their help and not to take over a case unless it becomes a federal issue (which this has not). The ATF have experts dealing exclusively with fires. The FBI have greater resources for lab work and experts in various fields such as Behavioral. The billboards have been used for many years and do not indicate anything other than casting a larger net for possible information.

I believe people are reading too much into the feds being involved when there are simple reasons for it. Happens all over the country because it is just what they do when asked.

<bbm for Focus>
Yes, SeriouslySearching, awareness is the key in missing/murdered persons investigations...

The Rogers family murder investigation in FL 1989 was the first time Billboards were utilized in missing/murdered person's investigations by LE in the USA. Although the awareness the Billboards provided brought in the critical tip needed to identify the perp/suspect. This valuable tip/information's significance was overlooked by investigators and kept getting placed deeper and deeper in the high stack of citizen's tips. Serial sexual predator/killer Oba Chandler, was eventually identified and convicted for their murders due to the awareness provided by the Billboards.

The American public is analogous to a security camera across the landscape of the USA. This valuable investigative resource is often squandered in missing/murdered person's investigations. Many, if not most of the m/m cases where this resource is not utilized, go unsolved for years or eventually grow cold, imo..

_______

http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/7893
Angels and Demons
Haunted - Chapter 2
Angels and Demons. Sunset - Chapter 1 --> http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/7892
By: Thomas French - pulitizer prize winning

Sunset

One year had gone by since the murders, and then another, and now the investigators were deep into a third. They were working day and night, working weekends, putting off vacations, losing weight, gaining weight, growing pale and pasty and haggard, waking at 3 a.m. with a jolt and scratching notes on pads beside their beds. Their sergeant did not know if they would ever find the answer. As far as he was concerned, the case was not even in their hands.

Ultimately, he believed, it was up to God whether they made an arrest.

I know I'm alone, at least on this forum, but I believe the parents are involved. That conclusion over the last few days is what I've come to.

Websleuths is a victim-friendly forum, and unless they are named as suspects or persons of interest, family members are considered to be victims as well, and cannot be sleuthed here. But just because they are not talked about here, that does not mean that no one shares your belief. I cannot say that I believe they are involved, but I have also not ruled anyone out, including family members, especially perhaps extended members or members through marriages (steps, etc). JMO

With the seeming confirmation of another fire in the Courtland area the day of Jessica's murder, I asked myself several questions. What are the odds of two fires requiring a response from the local FD happening on the same day in such a small locale? If indeed they are astronomical, then one suspects a second arson and a coordination of the two events, not happenstance or coincidence, right? If coordination, then conspiracy, and AT LEAST two persons involved due to the timing and distances? The fact that the fires were in opposite directions from the FD would support such a theory, with the first fire serving as a distraction to draw the fireman further away from Jessica's fire, true? Assuming such a rural area has a volunteer FD and not one staffed round-the-clock, responders would have converged either on the fire station or the scene of the fire, red lights flashing. This would have concentrated all of the personel with the skills and equipment necessary to extinguish a car fire at the maximum distance from Jessica's murder scene, correcto mundo?

Excellent points! I would like to clarify though that there is no confirmation "...that the fires were in opposite directions from the FD."

All we have for facts to date are:
  • the two fires happened within the same hour
  • they were within a mile apart
  • it took the CVFD approximately four minutes to leave the scene of the First Fire and to arrive at Jessica's Fire at somewhere between 8:13 - 8:15 pm; and lastly,
  • the First Fire was described by the Panolian as a house fire.

I would be nice if Therese Alpel re-interviewed Cole Haley, the CVFD Chief, and asked: What more can you tell us about the house fire?

In describing the events leading to Jessica's Fire, Haley, in his first interview, has said:
The tone dropped and it was for a vehicle fire and we was expecting it to be just any normal, vehicle fire. Get it extinguished and be back home..."

The Dec 6, 2014, Panolian published the following:
Firefighters at the Courtland Volunteer Fire Department were cleaning up after responding to a house fire Saturday night when they received a call at 8:12 p.m. about a car on fire about a mile away, just outside Courtland corporate limits. A passing motorist had discovered the blazing car near 3448 Herron Road.

The three firefighters immediately remounted their truck and drove to the scene where they found the vehicle still ablaze. Memories of what they found next will likely return in nightmares for the rest of their lives.

Maybe Therese Apel will ask herself (as you keenly note) "...happenstance or coincidence?"

She seems to be the only reporter with inquisitive skills.

Also, as Classito has keenly noted, it is quite possible that the CVFD were home at the CVFD 358 Main Street locale "cleaning up after" the First Fire when the "tone dropped". The department is "within one mile" of the murder scene, and "cleaning up" is a logical procedure after returning to the main base.

...Not that I am taking everything that JC's mother has said as being factual or relevant, I can't ignore the fact that JC's paranoia immediately before her death was due to people thinking that she was a 'snitch' or because she had in fact allegedly 'snitched' on someone...

Criminal enterprises don't like "snitches" because it messes up their drug, prostitution or other illegal trafficking, so money loss would be a reason (irrational). Criminals also don't like "snitches" because then they may end up in jail. Depending on social scene, one may not like someone "snitching" about one's dating choices, like extra-marital or sexual preferences. But since the perpetrator(s) are imo quite unpredictable, "snitching" could be some paranoid delusion from using too many drugs (think Scarface character, Al Pacino). Personally, I think the "snitching" had to do with someone's business activities and there are plenty of individuals that appear to be involved in drug dealing/trade (marijuana, cocaine, crystal meth) if going by SM/articles alone.

More rambling speculation... If at 7:13, Jessica was still okay, not in fear, and with this person in the car, then whatever attack took place would have had to have started thereafter, after that phone call. We're all connecting different dots without really knowing much for certain, as not much is know for certain in public, as flatfootjoe pointed out...Jessica has been described by colleagues at work, especially, by pretty much everyone who knew her, as kind and trusting. For me, Jessica's demeanor as described by her Mom, her demeanor during that last call as I hear it from her mom, is most important. I don't know why exactly, but I get the sense that Jessica may have been with somebody unstable, a male, if she was raped, who had been reaching out to her for help with personal issues, such as recovery, anger management, but had other things in mind...Jessica may have thought she would have a heart to heart with this person and get home, as she mentions to her mom. This person may have been set off by rejection, as Jessica intended to go home soon....

Great point, Jessica could have been talking with someone about personal issues. What an easy way to lure someone like Jessica who was making recent positive changes, then by philosophizing about recovery or even God and religion. So profile of a perpetrator may look something like this:
-Christian (or religious) male who knew Jessica enough to know she was religious and family;
-friendly with Jessica (maybe a friend from high school or one ex-BF's friends or Leah's or work acquaintance);
-Drug user and/or dealer- (either crystal meth, cocaine or some other "hard" drug or heavy marijuana, or heavy pharmaceutical user)<- this from southern yankee post on desensitivity OR psychopathic;
-someone who has/had crush on Jessica and has problems with rejection;
-someone who would perceive Jessica to be a snitch (ie Dad works with LE and Jessica is changing life around, or someone drugged out/paranoid).
*note- I think there is more than one perp, but just trying to establish the person who "lured/connection" to get Jessica to point Herron Rd.

I think there are a couple of people that would fit that profile. And would add since there is a lot of SM communication, reading between lines, you know the old saying: thou dost protest too much.

Jmo/

Billboard placement could be placed to catch the eyes and conscience of law-abiding family members and uninvolved relations (extensive) of persons interviewed on MSM. Simple Googling and basic database reading provides numerous relations living in those areas. Those not in Courtland/Batesville are all very involved in church and community and have nothing to do with criminal lifestyle and would be inclined to try and appeal to those they might know or think are involved or know something.

Federal LE being involved (Mississippi): when a family member of local law enforcement is involved in any kind of crime, it's protocol that the MBI investigates. Since they were already in place investigating Sheriff Darby's cousin concerning his indictment of statutory rape, it might be natural for MBI to contact Federal LE for help with Jessica's murder. The cousin has an interesting employment record with that Sheriff's Dept. Terminated as County Receiving Clerk in 2005, dropped out of Democratic Primary race for District 4 in 2007, terminated again in 2007, worked full-time as an inmate guard in 2012, moved from position as guard to working road crew, terminated from that in 2014.

Lotta problems in that county.

http://wreg.com/2015/02/27/four-candidates-running-for-panola-county-sheriff/ Darby waited until very last 30 minutes to file. Judy Ray has lived there all her life . She says the drug problem and the death of 19-year-old Jessica Chambers who was set on fire are two major issues. She hopes the next sheriff can help solve these crimes.

&#8220;The topic is Justice for Jessica and we want Justice for her and her family and everybody else in the community,&#8221; she said.

Darby says there&#8217;s a lot of agencies helping with the case and there are some things he says he can&#8217;t discuss right now.

*note- I think there is more than one perp, but just trying to establish the person who "lured/connection" to get Jessica to point Herron Rd.

I think there are a couple of people that would fit that profile. And would add since there is a lot of SM communication, reading between lines, you know the old saying: thou dost protest too much.

Jmo/

EXACTLY. That choice of words.

Billboard placement could be placed to catch the eyes and conscious of law-abiding family members and uninvolved relations (extensive) of persons interviewed on MSM. Simple Googling and basic database reading provides numerous relations living in those areas. Those not in Courtland/Batesville are all very involved in church and community and have nothing to do with criminal lifestyle and would be inclined to try and appeal to those they might know or think are involved or know something.

Federal LE being involved (Mississippi): when a family member of local law enforcement is involved in any kind of crime, it's protocol that the MBI investigates. Since they were already in place investigating Sheriff Darby's cousin concerning his indictment of statutory rape, it might be natural for MBI to contact Federal LE for help with Jessica's murder. The cousin has an interesting employment record with that Sheriff's Dept. Terminated as County Receiving Clerk in 2005, dropped out of Democratic Primary race for District 4 in 2007, terminated again in 2007, worked full-time as an inmate guard in 2012, moved from position as guard to working road crew, terminated from that in 2014.

Lotta problems in that county.

http://wreg.com/2015/02/27/four-candidates-running-for-panola-county-sheriff/ Darby waited until very last 30 minutes to file. Judy Ray has lived there all her life . She says the drug problem and the death of 19-year-old Jessica Chambers who was set on fire are two major issues. She hopes the next sheriff can help solve these crimes.

“The topic is Justice for Jessica and we want Justice for her and her family and everybody else in the community,” she said.

Darby says there’s a lot of agencies helping with the case and there are some things he says he can’t discuss right now.

:goodpost:

:hills:

bbm

I know it can't be linked here, but I hope it's okay to post that Justin Turner a member of the Courtland fire department said on Twitter that the first call was an hour or so before the call for Jessica came in and that some of the firefighters were at the station in Courtland after having returned from the first call.

:tyou:, Nanadee!

Did they think she "snitched" on somebody because she didn't go to jail over the assault on her mom? When she came back from Leah's did somebody get caught up and arrested right after she left town? The girl(s) that assaulted her the week previously?[/QUOTE]

Can you please provide a link to the info that Jessica was assaulted by some girl(s) the week before the murder?

I wonder if the timeline is based on her car being seen in an area or if it was just video(s) of her and tracks of her phone...The car could have been parked at the scene much earlier than 7:30 if this is the case...Just a thought

Classito

Billboards across 3-4 states to catch a local criminal no one has a name or face to....3 federal agencies + local and state working on one murder case....With all the threats of terrorism, hackers, riots, frauds, counterfeiting, cyber crimes, illegal guns sales and other federal crimes 3 federal agencies have time and labor to donate to a local murder by a local person(s) over a lovers spat or jealousy...

"I'm looking to hire 1,000 people to start to fill those almost 2,500 vacancies that we have.....Comey said the FBI needs to hire those 1,000 people quickly because "the plate of threats we face is remarkable." He said the agency's top priorities are counter-terrorism, including prevent a WMD attack; counter-intelligence; and criminal challenges, the latter ranging from public corruption to civil rights to white collar crime, gangs and human trafficking, and protecting children.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/fbi-director-im-looking-hire-1000-people-october-1

Classito

I think it's because the Feds think this is a much more far reaching crime than a local murder.

The billboard in Arkansas is about 140 miles from Courtland MS...I would not call that close nor local...

Classito

I wonder if this sting, Operation Delta Blues:

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/sto...lta-Blues-case/d/story/qS0Der1fiEWDX2zt_Zkkyw

Or this:

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/sto...in-Delta-Blues/d/story/MesqkxSCREuEIvifbpb_5A

Has anything to do with billboards being placed in Arkansas?

Photo gallery [several, including Tremaine Simon aka Kocaine Krazy, are from MS Delta area]:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/photos/galleries/2011/oct/12/operation-delta-blues/38901/

JMHO that's all

The only other gut theory I have is that JC was sexually intimate with a secret lover & she did a powerful recreational drug like heroin. The male thought she OD'd due to her being really high & knew she could be connected to him & the DNA semen with the OD. Maybe he was petrified of being accused of murder, supplying illegal substances, etc

He felt burning her while "dead" would destroy his semen. Only she wasn't dead.

OD's are statistically higher on the first usage after the person has been clean for a while (Leah's House).

Just another theory....just all moo

Darby says it&#8217;s important for him to run for sheriff.

&#8220;There&#8217;s so much corruption and bad going on and we&#8217;re after them and we will continue to do that, we&#8217;ve made over 1,000 felony arrests for drugs alone. We&#8217;ve taken a toll on gangs, we&#8217;re going to continue to come after them,&#8221; he said.

But, but, but HE was the Sheriff already. He said some odd things. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members