MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolded and colored by Me.;
Sorry it's so long - I wanted to leave everything in there;

~ Why did you think that? I only remember it as printed in the Panolian. Curious
~ This is the only info I have about the house fire and the call for the car. A "passing motorist".
~ Established that she was not walking around on fire.
~ H O W ? ?

And right away they knew it was an assault/ H O W ? ? ?

There is still a ,lot of missing information.
Great questions! I remember a video & interview by Thresa Apel gosh it has been diced and spliced and parts shown on every media outlet you can imagine plus some other garden varieties & edited versions on YouTube. The version I remember has words to to effect(roughly) ~scroll to read in the next paragraph.( but,as with a lot of old thread links they are only available with subscription or if there is a link~it no longer works). We talked about this topic back on thread #6. If you want to read some of the conversation here is a link to that thread:
link
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-near-her-car-Panola-County-Dec-2014-6/page42

Roughly this is the interview with Cole Haley:
Cole Haley, tells reporter (it could have been Tressa Arpel of the local paper)that he received notification at 8:13 pm that night, December 6th, of a fully-involved car fire off to the side of Herron Road. Haley said “the tone came down” — that is, he received a signal about the burning car while he was on his way back to his station from responding to an earlier house fire. He and other first responders found Jessica Chambers still alive when they immediately arrived at the scene to extinguish her car.

Haley sayshe and Jessica “talked” and that she relayed vital information to him about what happened and who did it — but that he is not at liberty to discuss what she said.

Great questions! I remember a video & interview by Thresa Apel gosh it has been diced and spliced and parts shown on every media outlet you can imagine plus some other garden varieties & edited versions on YouTube. The version I remember has words to to effect(roughly) ~scroll to read in the next paragraph.( but,as with a lot of old thread links they are only available with subscription or if there is a link~it no longer works). We talked about this topic back on thread #6. If you want to read some of the conversation here is a link to that thread:
link
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-near-her-car-Panola-County-Dec-2014-6/page42

Roughly this is the interview with Cole Haley:
Cole Haley, tells reporter (it could have been Tressa Arpel of the local paper)that he received notification at 8:13 pm that night, December 6th, of a fully-involved car fire off to the side of Herron Road. Haley said “the tone came down” — that is, he received a signal about the burning car while he was on his way back to his station from responding to an earlier house fire. He and other first responders found Jessica Chambers still alive when they immediately arrived at the scene to extinguish her car.

Haley sayshe and Jessica “talked” and that she relayed vital information to him about what happened and who did it — but that he is not at liberty to discuss what she said.

And now I remember what question I wanted to ask LOL

Your links did work, BTW.
Did we discuss if the FD is all volunteer or is he at least full time?
The part that stood out to me that I must have missed early on was that though she was unrecognizable they knew quickly who she was and that it was a violent assault.
It just seems that the crime scene was not treated as a crime scene at first. Diced and sliced, yes.

Thanks so much.

What the linked article does not report is that the Mayor of Madison sent a SWAT Team to Mark Mayfield's law office to have him humiliated in front of his peers by arresting him. Mark was heavily besmirched by the Cochran/Barbour team. Sadly, within weeks, Mark Mayfield committed suicide.

Conservative Mississippians did try to stop the illegal exchange of $15 for buying a vote. It was a battle between the GOP and the Tea Party. Senator McDaniel called for an investigation that led nowhere by the assigned judge. There is a FB pg "Mississippi Corruption" that reveals some nasty truths about unscrupulous politicians.

I have a good idea that some corrupt politicians in Panola County and the surrounding areas are going to be exposed when Jessica's murder is settled. All of the constant arrests, jailed, let them out policies do not look favorable to honest folks.

If FF Chief Cole Haley was told information by Jessica with her dying breath, why isn't he in hiding from the killers? Why is he not afraid and seeking protection for his safety?

JMHO and all that jazz

That is a very good question, one that I had not thought of before. I wonder if he has received any threats.

We don't know exactly where the previous house fire was located. If it was on Carlisle, no, FC Cole Haley would not see the blaze even at night. The CS is too far away and very secluded due to curves in both directions of the road. Large sections of Herron Rd has a canopy of trees shading the road. IOW, there are lots of well-established, very tall trees along Herron Rd.

The doctors told Ben that his daughter was unrecognizable. That's why he stayed in a waiting area at The Med. JMO How did FCCH "realize" [his word] who Jessica was?

What Jessica suffered was a "flash fire". That's a fire produced at subsonic speed due to a combustible exposed to air when lit. I'm not a fire expert so that's only my interpretation.

JMHO and all that jazz

We don't know exactly where the previous house fire was located. If it was on Carlisle, no, FC Cole Haley would not see the blaze even at night. The CS is too far away and very secluded due to curves in both directions of the road. Large sections of Herron Rd has a canopy of trees shading the road. IOW, there are lots of well-established, very tall trees along Herron Rd.

The doctors told Ben that his daughter was unrecognizable. That's why he stayed in a waiting area at The Med. JMO How did FCCH "realize" [his word] who Jessica was?

What Jessica suffered was a "flash fire". That's a fire produced at subsonic speed due to a combustible exposed to air when lit. I'm not a fire expert so that's only my interpretation.

JMHO and all that jazz

It is believed that the "first" Courtland (house) fire on December 6th was somewhere along Carlisle Road (north of the VFD). Note that Jessica's address was 1024 Carlisle Road, but no idea how close the fire in question was to her home. Nobody from LE or the VFD is saying anything about that fire, so I am highly suspicious that it had something to do with the second fire, perhaps a diversion, JMO. I can see that a fire to the west of the VFD would be shielded from an observer either at the VFD, or on Carlisle north of the VFD. But if there was smoke, and undoubtedly there was, it would be visible for a significant distance, unless of course it was already dark, in which case smoke would be virtually invisible.

Recent articles indicated gasoline was used as an accelerant in the second (car) fire on December 6th. Even on a cold December evening, gasoline would still have some volatility. As it was poured onto the car (and possibly Jessica) prior to lightling, it would have given off a lot of fumes, so lighting it would have caused a loud "whoosh" almost like an explosion. It's possible whoever did it had some singed eyebrows and/or hands afterward.

:beagle:

It is believed that the "first" Courtland (house) fire on December 6th was somewhere along Carlisle Road (north of the VFD). Note that Jessica's address was 1024 Carlisle Road, but no idea how close the fire in question was to her home. Nobody from LE or the VFD is saying anything about that fire, so I am highly suspicious that it had something to do with the second fire, perhaps a diversion, JMO. I can see that a fire to the west of the VFD would be shielded from an observer either at the VFD, or on Carlisle north of the VFD. But if there was smoke, and undoubtedly there was, it would be visible for a significant distance, unless of course it was already dark, in which case smoke would be virtually invisible.

Recent articles indicated gasoline was used as an accelerant in the second (car) fire on December 6th. Even on a cold December evening, gasoline would still have some volatility. As it was poured onto the car (and possibly Jessica) prior to lightling, it would have given off a lot of fumes, so lighting it would have caused a loud "whoosh" almost like an explosion. It's possible whoever did it had some singed eyebrows and/or hands afterward.

A Diversion: The VFD arrived within four minutes so the 1st fire was not much of a diversion. I would be interested to know the time of the 911 call for that 1st fire.

If the 1st fire was at an address further along Carlisle than Jessica's home [north] and the FF were on their way back to the FS when the tone dropped for the "engulfed car fire", then FCCH was traveling back toward the station along Carlisle at that time. If he took a RT at the end of Carlisle, he wouldn't even be 2 miles from the fire and not much further than that for the fire truck to travel. The FS addy is Main Street which becomes Herron Rd to the W.

If FCCH covered her with his fire jacket, I believe it was to extinguish lingering flames because her clothes were not burned off of her. Otherwise, why contaminate her injuries with his smoky jacket? Jessica had to be bare foot to not have the bottoms of her feet melted into the soles of the house shoes that her mother said she was wearing. JMO I read an article today that expressed when the FF arrived; Jessica was more dead than alive. That tells me she was already in shock.

The doctors at The Med informed Ben Chambers that his daughter was "unrecognizable". However, FCCH stated he "realized" who Jessica was. Perhaps he recognized Jessica's Kia car. Her mother stated that her neck was not burned when describing her Med visit. [interview w/ Tricia on podcast] Ben told us everything was burned but the soles of her feet and we have mom saying her neck was not burned.

There are hundreds of small pieces of shattered glass and mirror at the CS. I wonder if a Molotov cocktail was thrown at the doused vehicle? Maybe Jessica was torched 1st with one of those extended lighters. Maybe whoever lit the fire was wearing protection of fireproof gloves and a FF type mask.

Has anyone seen a photo of the inside of the Kia's trunk? Wonder if there was anything of value salvaged?

The Panolian federal detainees:
Cornelius Wright, Clarksdale, MS
Brian L Barnes, Nesbit, MS

JMHO and all that jazz

Pretty sure Champion said in the interview a few weeks ago that the other fire was a grass/brush fire.

If this was a crime someone had done before, I don't think he, she, or they would have left Jessica alive and thus able to speak to first responders, if that is indeed what happened. Bit of a big misstep, that.

In the Panolian 4/17/2015 article posted by FelicityLemon (#788), Sheriff Darby repeatedly used the term "they" when referring to the perpetrators. But there was one paragraph near the end of the article with a parenthetical phrase in it, where the sheriff either slips up or the reporter interprets what he thought was intended:

"This history with the person we suspect (is that he) has done this before," the sheriff said.

At the bottom I have included a link with 'tiny teeny' print,almost impossible to read. On page 8 of The Panolian lists the 'Panola Jail Arrest Record' published Tuesday April 28th:It names two federal detainees. Look under April 24th,Cornelius Rica Wright and Brian Lamont Barnes are federal detainees. I wonder if any of Jessica's agencies are involved? I only hope they're making progress prying loose the stranglehold of the local drug cartel and many more arrest(s)are forthcoming!
link
http://www.panolian.com/editionview...900&Page=27e28e14-83f4-4702-a6a1-c577718e79fd

Pretty sure Champion said in the interview a few weeks ago that the other fire was a grass/brush fire.

You are correct, LR1, three weeks ago to be exact. It was mentioned toward the end of District Attorney Champion's 04/08/2015 interview, at about 13:30 of 17:27 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iFdRBwN_qrM#t=812

"In this particular case, as I understand it, there was also a grass fire or some kind of small fire and most of the volunteers were still there, so their response time was pretty quick..."​

Grass fire or small fire, it still could have been a diversion (IMHO) if it drew most of the local firefighters and medics -away- from the "real" CS.

I read that it was merely a brush fire .... not a house fire.

At the bottom I have included a link with 'tiny teeny' print,almost impossible to read. On page 8 of The Panolian lists the 'Panola Jail Arrest Record' published Tuesday April 28th:It names two federal detainees. Look under April 24th,Cornelius Rica Wright and Brian Lamont Barnes are federal detainees. I wonder if any of Jessica's agencies are involved? I only hope they're making progress prying loose the stranglehold of the local drug cartel and many more arrest(s)are forthcoming!
link
http://www.panolian.com/editionview...900&Page=27e28e14-83f4-4702-a6a1-c577718e79fd

I had a post from yesterday that was also deleted! A Mystery to Me. That has Never happened before!

I was just giving My Humble Opinion and not attacking anyone's previous post! If I offended anyone and my post was given an alert to a Mod. Please Forgive Me. It was By No Means My Intent! I was Not being arugementative! So Very Sorry!

I am posting this apology to the Jessica Chambers Thread & Websleuths to make sure I have not been given a dreaded "Time Out!"

I have never had one and would prefer NOT to ever be given one!

Sad Sally

I had a post from yesterday that was also deleted! A Mystery to Me. That has Never happened before!

I was just giving My Humble Opinion and not attacking anyone's previous post! If I offended anyone and my post was given an alert to a Mod. Please Forgive Me. It was By No Means My Intent! I was Not being arugementative! So Very Sorry!

I am posting this apology to the Jessica Chambers Thread & Websleuths to make sure I have not been given a dreaded "Time Out!"

I have never had one and would prefer NOT to ever be given one!

Sad Sally

That'll be 20 years in the electric chair, Little Missy. And your little dog, too!
=============
Official Metter Out-er

Seriously, I've never lost anything here, but in my early days of posting I did have one or two shots fired across my bow by the moderater (bessie a.k.a. Janis Joplin).

:python:

You are correct, LR1, three weeks ago to be exact. It was mentioned toward the end of District Attorney Champion's 04/08/2015 interview, at about 13:30 of 17:27 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iFdRBwN_qrM#t=812
"In this particular case, as I understand it, there was also a grass fire or some kind of small fire and most of the volunteers were still there, so their response time was pretty quick..."​

Grass fire or small fire, it still could have been a diversion (IMHO) if it drew most of the local firefighters and medics -away- from the "real" CS.

I am posting this as speculation because I can't remember on which thread I read this. But,to my point-Emily Darby Williams is a staff~photographer for The Panolian. I believe someone mentioned her age is early thirties and also,speculated Sheriff Dennis Darby is late '50's. They wrote she 'could' be his daughter or niece. Now,'to me' that might give her a small amount more creedence in the interviews. :cow:

Feel free to disagree. :smile:

That is a very good question, one that I had not thought of before. I wonder if he has received any threats.

He already told LE everything he saw, and heard, at the CS. The death threats are probably meant for those who haven't shared information yet.

Hey everyone, I have not posted in a while but I have been reading when I get a chance, and I am caught up on what you all have posted. I am so glad that this forum continues to generate activity, theories, questions, and comments. Have any of you seen that Charlotte Wilkerson and Roger Hentz were both arrested in Grenada recently? From what I have seen, CW bonded out on the 26th, not sure when/if Hentz bonded out, but was arrested on the 25th. This of course could be nothing and be completely unrelated to JC's case... just curious what you all think?

Hentz was released by court order on 04/28/2015:

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/d...=25000&agency=31&id=16419&searchType=offender

I am posting this as speculation because I can't remember on which thread I read this. But,to my point-Emily Darby Williams is a staff~photographer for The Panolian. I believe someone mentioned her age is early thirties and also,speculated Sheriff Dennis Darby is late '50's. They wrote she 'could' be his daughter or niece. Now,'to me' that might give her a small amount more creedence in the interviews. :cow:

Feel free to disagree. :smile:

Nice catch there, MizStery. You don't miss very much. Here are the search results for "Emily Darby Williams" on INTELLIUS -- note that this person has lived in Sardis, MS; Coldwater, MS; and Batesville, MS -- all within 30 miles of the Panolian in Batesville. She went to college and worked awhile up in Yankee land, but eventually came back home to roost. Notice under the "Related to" column one Dennis Darby is listed...

http://www.intelius.com/Find-Phone-Address/Sardis-MS/Emily-Williams.html

Hey everyone, I have not posted in a while but I have been reading when I get a chance, and I am caught up on what you all have posted. I am so glad that this forum continues to generate activity, theories, questions, and comments. Have any of you seen that Charlotte Wilkerson and Roger Hentz were both arrested in Grenada recently? From what I have seen, CW bonded out on the 26th, not sure when/if Hentz bonded out, but was arrested on the 25th. This of course could be nothing and be completely unrelated to JC's case... just curious what you all think?

I also saw that GM was arrested (vinelink on FB Mystery). I don't think recent arrests have anything to do with JC's murder, but have no idea. It may be lifestyle choices, idk what were prior arrests for? Some locals may have more frequent arrests depending on what they're involved in. But I am interested in who CW's acquaintances are; and if Jessica had some of the same acquaintances. If so, how often they hung out/if hung out together with same people (since phone call that day). I don't think that has ever been confirmed except that Jessica would go over the CW's like family friend? Jmo/

I believe it was a small house fire in the kitchen.

Investigators seek answers in death of burned woman

By Emily Darby Williams and John Howell Sr.

Firefighters at the Courtland Volunteer Fire Department were cleaning up after responding to a house fire Saturday night when they received a call at 8:12 p.m. about a car on fire about a mile away, just outside Courtland corporate limits. A passing motorist had discovered the blazing car near 3448 Herron Road.

http://www.panolian.com/v2/content.aspx?Module=ContentItem&ID=383341&MemberID=1180

The Panolian April 24,2015 Five Defendants Bound Over GJ:
Very hard to read. You have to subscribe to view a readable page. The presiding judge is Bill McKenzie.
Link

http://www.panolian.com/editionview...f7f&Page=71ef81aa-d312-4db9-8944-82af5514d72e

MizStery, I used your link and when I moved the arrow cursor over the text, it turned into a little "magnifying glass" cursor. So when I left clicked on the text, it enlarged and became legible (you can enlarge it twice).

The Five Defendants bound over to the Grand Jury were:

Landon W. Lawrence (Pope, MS) -- grand larceny
Derrick D. Fondren (Sardis, MS) -- possession of controlled substance with intent
Everica Williams (Charleston, MS) -- domestic violence, aggrevated assault
Anthony Sims, Jr. (no address given) - two counts grand larceny, two counts petit larceny
Desmond Lester (Batesille, MS) -- two counts grand larceny, one count petit larceny​

Nothing seems pertinent to Jessica's case, except maybe the drug charge, since that accused has an "__erickkk" monicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA