MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I have this feeling that once LE catches the perp(s), I'll think "now it makes total sense." But for now, it could be any name with "ick" assuming that's what Jessica meant (and I totally think she made sure to tell before she died), hypothetically Veronica? Erica? There are so many names with the "ick" sound and maybe someone should just go through the phone book in the county and the surrounding counties, or out of state... how frustrating./

rsbm

I'm sure over the course of the past several months, many people may have said this before me, but I think that if Jessica had inhaled flames that burned her mouth and throat, that "ick" sound could have been the best sound she could form through the pain. That short "i" sound could actually be a short "e" or a short "a" she was trying to pronounce, and the "ck" hard "k" consonant sound might have been meant to be a consonant blend that requires a more difficult placement of the tongue (a placement that is too difficult if your mouth is scorched) such as an "nt" or "sss" sound, for instance.

:hiding:

. . . or any number of other possible vowel and consonant combination sounds.

I watched the interview awhile ago and Derrick Turner didn't strike me as anyone who was involved in hurting Jessica. I think he seemed pretty sincere and maybe a bit shy in front of the camera or slightly caught off-guard that LE questioned him and news interview. But that's just from the interview and my opinion, so I could totally be wrong. Admittedly, I don't know if he was friends with Jessica, but I don't think he was part of her inner circle. And I do think that whoever did this was well acquainted with Jessica for awhile. I think the **rick sound is relevant to the name though, so who was part of Jessica's inner circle with names that sound like "ick"? It's never been publicly established who her closest friends/acquaintances were. Jmo/

Question........

I have a question BirdycatNY:

Are you perhaps thinking of Eric Bibbs rather than Derick Turner wearing 'dew rag' from my post #884. The reason I ask is the person in my post is Derrick Turner & he is far from 'shy' a better description of him is ' arrogant & brash'.

Here is a video of Eric Bibbs NOT to be confused with Derick 'Dew Rag' Turner(my nic to differentiate the Eric from Derrick)

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ath-jessica-chambers-says-he-did-not-know-her

Bibbs, a married father, lives just down the road from where Jessica Chambers was
Rough transcript:​
"That day that it happened. I had been here with a toothache since about 6 p.m.," said Bibbs. "I think maybe they came by here about 9:30 p.m., they even went to my grandma address. They called my mom."
Bibbs, a married father, lives just down the road from where Jessica Chambers was discovered horribly burned lying next to her burning car. Investigators say Chambers was able to talk with the first responder. Bibbs says the investigator mentioned to him that Chambers had said the name Derrick or Eric.
"He said there was an accident I think down the road and your name was mentioned," said Bibbs. "And he said I think one of the other people said the only Eric I know in this area is Eric Bibbs."
Bibbs told the detective he did not know Jessica Chambers and wasn't even aware of what had happened to her. The investigator never told him why he was being questioned.

:moo:

Many Southern Christians take the Bible verse, "If you deny me before Man, I will deny you before the Father" very seriously, even to the point of "affirming" instead of "not denying" Jesus whenever the opportunity presents itself before a large audience. Would almost be considered a sin of ommision not to do so. Might seem absurd, even ridiculous, to the rest of the country. Not so for many native Southerners.

Do you really believe the Sheriff was taking the opportunity during a press conference about Jessica's murder to inform us that residents in Panola County are Christians because he was publically fulfilling the affirmation for God's love and salvation? We are talking about a county with copious arrests of its residents, numerous inexplicable one-car wrecks and horrifying murders, heavy use of illegal drugs and active rival gangs. God fearing people do not commit crimes nor join gangs. JMO

This is what Sheriff Darby said: "This is personal to all of us up here," Darby said. "We'll figure this out. This has been national, we've had tremendous help. The black ones and the white ones have been working together, They're reaching out, and I tell you what, no matter whatever the rest of the world thinks, we haven't got it here. They've been excellent on assisting us and waiting. We're a Christian nation here as far as a county. We believe in Jesus, okay, and make that very specific, that's what we rely on. And we're bonding and bringing each other together like never before. Whatever you hear in the rest of the world, we're not doing it here."

Sheriff Darby knows full well that the county is rife with illegal activities. I suspect Satanic practices are prevalent. I believe that is why he made the statements.

To clarify, belonging to a gang means the person is devoted to and protective of their chosen gang. They enjoy the feeling of belonging to a family. However, the Bible is clear on the subject.

Exodus 20:23
Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold.
Deuteronomy 5:7
"You shall have no other gods before me."

The cotton Ole Miss shirts the DA wears are not meant to intimidate anyone. Quite the contrary. JMO He may wear them every day of the year for all I know. He is certainly not doing the University any favors by donning the shirts.

JMHO and all that jazz

Do you really believe the Sheriff was taking the opportunity during a press conference about Jessica's murder to inform us that residents in Panola County are Christians because he was publically fulfilling the affirmation for God's love and salvation? We are talking about a county with copious arrests of its residents, numerous inexplicable one-car wrecks and horrifying murders, heavy use of illegal drugs and active rival gangs. God fearing people do not commit crimes nor join gangs. JMO

This is what Sheriff Darby said: "This is personal to all of us up here," Darby said. "We'll figure this out. This has been national, we've had tremendous help. The black ones and the white ones have been working together, They're reaching out, and I tell you what, no matter whatever the rest of the world thinks, we haven't got it here. They've been excellent on assisting us and waiting. We're a Christian nation here as far as a county. We believe in Jesus, okay, and make that very specific, that's what we rely on. And we're bonding and bringing each other together like never before. Whatever you hear in the rest of the world, we're not doing it here."

Sheriff Darby knows full well that the county is rife with illegal activities. I suspect Satanic practices are prevalent. I believe that is why he made the statements.

To clarify, belonging to a gang means the person is devoted to and protective of their chosen gang. They enjoy the feeling of belonging to a family. However, the Bible is clear on the subject.

Exodus 20:23
Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold.
Deuteronomy 5:7
"You shall have no other gods before me."

The cotton Ole Miss shirts the DA wears are not meant to intimidate anyone. Quite the contrary. JMO He may wear them every day of the year for all I know. He is certainly not doing the University any favors by donning the shirts.

JMHO and all that jazz

I seriously doubt the perp(s) go to any church, so if he/she is a member of a gang the Bible means nothing to him/her.

JMHO and all that jazz[/SIZE]

Why do you say that he is not doing Ole Miss any favors by wearing cotton shirts with an Ole Miss emblem? To me, this has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

I think she said "Sonic."

Maybe. I just don't think that she was in any condition to say anything. Maybe gurgle. I still suspect that the "ick" factor is a red herring. The LAST thing the perps wanted was for her to speak. So frustrated with the delay!!!! GRRRR JMO

Question........

I have a question BirdycatNY:

Are you perhaps thinking of Eric Bibbs rather than Derick Turner wearing 'dew rag' from my post #884. The reason I ask is the person in my post is Derrick Turner & he is far from 'shy' a better description of him is ' arrogant & brash'.

Here is a video of Eric Bibbs NOT to be confused with Derick 'Dew Rag' Turner(my nic to differentiate the Eric from Derrick)

I meant same guy - Derrick Turner, but it's been awhile since I saw the video so I thought he was quieter. He still comes across to me as just awkward being interviewed on t.v., possibly caught off guard b/c he was held in custody shortly before interview. I don't know, he just doesn't come across to me as someone who was involved, but have no idea. I don't have any thoughts on EB, other than he was pretty calm. I also don't think that DT (female) was involved because I think she has a # of children and I just don't see a mom with number of children involved in something so bad. But then again, I posted cases where women have harmed/killed children by immolation, so then I guess it's just my hunch that she didn't have anything to do with JC's death. It sure would help to have chart of Jessica's/town connections or street talk, there has to be some more rumors at this point and jmo that's always subject to change. Jmo/​

<snip>

I would guess from Sheriff Darby's statements above that he is a committed Christian, and that yes, he did use that press conference to let the rest of the world know that there were lots of folks just like him in Panola County, MS.

I just found this website, not sure how accurate its statistics are, but they show quite a lot of folks with a religious bent (60%) in Panola County, and nearly all of them are Christians of one denomination or another. I'm not trying to put words into the sheriff's mouth, just trying to explain where he was probably coming from with that handful of religious references thrown in.

http://www.bestplaces.net/religion/county/mississippi/panola

With those kinds of statistics, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the murderer(s) turns out to be a Christian -- not a good one, mind you, but someone who knew they were doing something wrong, and who will ultimately face a harsher punishment than the criminal justice system can mete out, if they continue to hide and deny. As for all the other low life around Panola County, don't forget that when Jesus was hung on a cross, there was a thief on either side being crucifed along with him. One of the two, probably there after a life of crime, professed his belief to the Jewish Messiah being executed next to him, and as far as the Bible is concerned, he's the only person we know for sure who ever made it into heaven (besides Jesus of course) -- and he was really only a "Christian" for maybe a few minutes. He was baptised with nothing but his own blood, sweat, and tears pouring down a tortured and dying body -- so when it comes to "sprinkling" or "dunking" for baptisms, I don't think that example bears out either one.

Anyway, getting WAAAAY off the subject here. I do/did honestly think Sheriff Darby was using his bully pulpit of a press conference to proclaim to the world the strong Christianity of the county he protects and represents, that it was preventing racial tensions from becoming an issue like Furgueson had just gone through, and that it had brought about comraderie among the various investigators (black or white) brought together from all over to solve Jessica's murder.

So, yes, I do believe etc., etc. -- Can I have an Amen, Sister?

JMHO and all that jazz

I haven't kept up with all of the recent convo. here about this statement but I thought I'd share my two cents. When he made this statement, I took it as indication that he was trying to downplay any religious or racial intolerance that may be going on. Other news at the time was focused on whether or not the gas station attendant/owner's son was Muslim. Lots of speculation was going on about that possibility via the blogs and also in the news. I thought he was saying something along the lines of... "We are all Christian here. This crime has nothing to do with religious discrimination. This crime has nothing to do with Muslims. Maybe that (issues/problems/animosity between Muslims and non-Muslims or Christians) is a problem elsewhere, but not here." I think he was downplaying the idea that there was a religious motive behind the crime or that strife with some alleged Muslim brotherhood had led to this crime. Maybe I misunderstood, but that's how I interpreted his statement. They didn't want people to be hyper-focused on the gas station attendant due to his ethnicity or religion. I recall that it was said, possibly a rumor, I don't know because I didn't check it out, that the FBI came into this case because the gas station attendant had received death threats due to his (rumored, I don't know if it's even true) Muslim background. He was downplaying any rumored racial or religious tension... they haven't got that there...

"This is personal to all of us up here," Darby said. "We'll figure this out. This has been national, we've had tremendous help. The black ones and the white ones have been working together, They're reaching out, and I tell you what, no matter whatever the rest of the world thinks, we haven't got it here. They've been excellent on assisting us and waiting. We're a Christian nation here as far as a county. We believe in Jesus, okay, and make that very specific, that's what we rely on. And we're bonding and bringing each other together like never before. Whatever you hear in the rest of the world, we're not doing it here."
This is about race, not religion; the latter is used as a means of attempting to bridge a gap.

I seriously doubt the perp(s) go to any church, so if he/she is a member of a gang the Bible means nothing to him/her.
He might be playing on people's (witnesses,people with information, etc) concious' to come forward .

I haven't kept up with all of the recent convo. here about this statement but I thought I'd share my two cents. When he made this statement, I took it as indication that he was trying to downplay any religious or racial intolerance that may be going on. Other news at the time was focused on whether or not the gas station attendant/owner's son was Muslim. Lots of speculation was going on about that possibility via the blogs and also in the news. I thought he was saying something along the lines of... "We are all Christian here. This crime has nothing to do with religious discrimination. This crime has nothing to do with Muslims. Maybe that (issues/problems/animosity between Muslims and non-Muslims or Christians) is a problem elsewhere, but not here." I think he was downplaying the idea that there was a religious motive behind the crime or that strife with some alleged Muslim brotherhood had led to this crime. Maybe I misunderstood, but that's how I interpreted his statement. They didn't want people to be hyper-focused on the gas station attendant due to his ethnicity or religion. I recall that it was said, possibly a rumor, I don't know because I didn't check it out, that the FBI came into this case because the gas station attendant had received death threats due to his (rumored, I don't know if it's even true) Muslim background. He was downplaying any rumored racial or religious tension... they haven't got that there...

Thank you, MotherOcean. Oddly enough, I'm suddenly humming a Jimmy Buffet tune.

Your interpretation falls right in line with LEO clearing Ali asap. And he has been the only one cleared of this crime. Ali was interviewed by the FBI for 3 hours. I believe he also gave LEO the original CCTV tapes.

Most of us have followed true crime for years. My hobby began as a young teenager with Jim Jones, Patty Hearst, Charles Manson, and so forth and more recently multiple cases on this forum. In a case such as this one, I always thought LEO cleared the family first. So, why hasn't that been done. Do BC, LD and CH not have valid alibis?

I would guess from Sheriff Darby's statements above that he is a committed Christian, and that yes, he did use that press conference to let the rest of the world know that there were lots of folks just like him in Panola County, MS.

I just found this website, not sure how accurate its statistics are, but they show quite a lot of folks with a religious bent (60%) in Panola County, and nearly all of them are Christians of one denomination or another. I'm not trying to put words into the sheriff's mouth, just trying to explain where he was probably coming from with that handful of religious references thrown in.

http://www.bestplaces.net/religion/county/mississippi/panola

With those kinds of statistics, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the murderer(s) turns out to be a Christian -- not a good one, mind you, but someone who knew they were doing something wrong, and who will ultimately face a harsher punishment than the criminal justice system can mete out, if they continue to hide and deny. As for all the other low life around Panola County, don't forget that when Jesus was hung on a cross, there was a thief on either side being crucifed along with him. One of the two, probably there after a life of crime, professed his belief to the Jewish Messiah being executed next to him, and as far as the Bible is concerned, he's the only person we know for sure who ever made it into heaven (besides Jesus of course) -- and he was really only a "Christian" for maybe a few minutes. He was baptised with nothing but his own blood, sweat, and tears pouring down a tortured and dying body -- so when it comes to "sprinkling" or "dunking" for baptisms, I don't think that example bears out either one.

Anyway, getting WAAAAY off the subject here. I do/did honestly think Sheriff Darby was using his bully pulpit of a press conference to proclaim to the world the strong Christianity of the county he protects and represents, that it was preventing racial tensions from becoming an issue like Furgueson had just gone through, and that it had brought about comraderie among the various investigators (black or white) brought together from all over to solve Jessica's murder.

So, yes, I do believe etc., etc. -- Can I have an Amen, Sister?

Amen! Thank you for tossing in the story of the Crosses. Privately, some years ago, I questioned my priest about the pilots who flew planes into the Twin Towers. He told me that in those last minutes, if they prayed to God, professed their love and belief of Jesus, with a true heart, confessed remorse for their sins, then they would be accepted into the Kingdom of Heaven. I was mortified with the thought of those pilots or Bin Laden being in Heaven when, hopefully, I arrive.

I appreciated the sperling's link as I had not used it before; however, it's saved to my files now. PC has a population of 34,675 with nearly 60% religious, according to their stats. That leaves less than half or 13,890 residents that are not Christians.

Alarmingly, there are about 84.8 students per teacher in Panola County. Comparatively, there are about 16.7 students per teacher in the city where I live with almost the same population at 36,900.

It's been an interesting conversation. Those who participated are appreciated.

:loveyou: JusticeForJessica

My apologies if this subject has been discussed already.

I'm curious if any WebSleuthers have knowledge of past crimes that were solved, or at least partially solved, with input from a clairvoyant/psychic? I know DA Champion has already poo-pooed such an idea in one of his interviews, mentioning that no help had been received from the tip line except for some messages from psychics and crazies. So much for LE's official stance on the subject, now for those out there in WS Radioland...

I myself am very skeptical of that "profession" as a whole, and feel most folks who tell fortunes or predict the future are charlatans looking to make a quick buck from gulible folks experiencing emotional distress. But in rare cases, I also assume there are those who through some sort of intuitive sense or gift can somehow "see" or feel things that others do not. In a case like this, why not accept all the help you can get? Have any big name psychics waded in on the Jessica Chambers case?

:ghost:

Please Note:
Article published April 28th 2011

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/18541967/hit-man-theory-links-multiple-murders

Are hit men knocking off people from Grenada, Mississippi to Memphis? That's one possibility a task force is looking into as it investigates 4 Mississippi murders, all believed to be connected.

In Brief:
-4 murders in 2 counties connected with similar MO's
-Task force formed to investigate hit man theory
-Investigators believe other murders could be connected
-Reward offered for information leading to arrest

<snip>
Theory
"They don't appear to be random, they appear to be, for the lack of a better word, hits," Champion said. "When I realized the similarity between all 4 of them it became painfully obvious we needed to put together something to get this ball rolling."
Since 2008, a task force made up of members of the ATF, the DEA and local law enforcement has been investigating the murders.
Champion stated, "We certainly think we've identified a group of people or people who all connected with the 4 murders and who are all going to be connected with the narcotics trade."
Investigators believe the same person or group is behind the murders, but they don't know if the same triggerman is responsible or if the murders are the work of hired hit men. And, there could be more murders.

Bolded & red nightlighted by MizStery-Fastforward to 2015-UNDERSTATEMENT of all time
"Quite frankly I'll be surprised if these are the only 4; with the group we're looking at, I really would be," Champion said.
<Snip>
Break
Investigators haven't talked about the murder investigation before, but now the District Attorney is speaking out hoping some recent arrests, which he would not disclose, will ease fears and get the community talking. "I think potential witnesses we would have in at least some of the homicides are scared, and I understand why they're scared."
<snip>
"Not a day passes we don't do something to try to get on top of this and get those [murders] solved," said Chief Page. "We're not going to give up on them. Sooner or later I feel something's going to happen where we can actually get these cases solved."
Investigators haven't seen any similar murders since 2008 when the task force came together and started asking questions. At that point the murders seemed to stop.

MY OPINION ONLY
:sigh:
:cow:

Addendum:
March 4,2011
http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/1...oco-obey-sr-aka-chicken#.VUp7_Hm8j_M.facebook
Cold Case Taiwan Shavoco & Obey Sr. aka Chicken

Two victims, two separate murders, both six months apart, and each had a bizarre crime scene. This Cold Case comes from Panola County, Mississippi.
-&#8216;Chicken&#8217; was found shot multiple times in his front yard.
-Police say he still had money in his pocket.
-Investigators believe Chicken&#8217;s murder is related to Jamie Milam&#8217;s murder.

"They don't appear to be random, they appear to be, for the lack of a better word, hits," Champion said. "When I realized the similarity between all 4 of them it became painfully obvious we needed to put together something to get this ball rolling."

RSBM - Is this normally how investigations come about? When the DA notices a pattern? Or is he just taking credit for it?

My apologies if this subject has been discussed already.

I'm curious if any WebSleuthers have knowledge of past crimes that were solved, or at least partially solved, with input from a clairvoyant/psychic? I know DA Champion has already poo-pooed such an idea in one of his interviews, mentioning that no help had been received from the tip line except for some messages from psychics and crazies. So much for LE's official stance on the subject, now for those out there in WS Radioland...

I myself am very skeptical of that "profession" as a whole, and feel most folks who tell fortunes or predict the future are charlatans looking to make a quick buck from gulible folks experiencing emotional distress. But in rare cases, I also assume there are those who through some sort of intuitive sense or gift can somehow "see" or feel things that others do not. In a case like this, why not accept all the help you can get? Have any big name psychics waded in on the Jessica Chambers case?

:ghost:

To tell the truth I haven't ever found one honest enough to bother with. Most use what I'd call a shotgun statements. Those that if you stand far enough back it will hit, or be applicable to most everything in front of it. Other times they are dead wrong about it all. I've met a few that are really good at reading people, I think most so call psychics are good at that. For LE to use something like this in a small town would be political suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487