MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Chambers' ex-boyfriend cleared as a suspect, despite social media claims

The ex-boyfriends mom quoted above put up the picture of Jessica Chambers with her son as an act of remembrance and paid dearly for it.

I can understand why some hate social media sites. Some really do come up with horrible accusations without any evidence to back any of it up. Many times they are ruthless, relentless, and very wrong.

I remember in the Jessica Lunsford, Greone family, and Elizabeth Smart cases to only name a few the rumors and accusations were rampant, nonstop, 24/7 until the real suspect was finally arrested.

And in the end the allegations that were made on social media sites turned out to be 100% wrong. So I have never put much faith into what is swirling on the social media sites about any case. I have seen them too often.......be wrong so it makes me very wary and overly cautious.

It has been said her ex-boyfriend no longer lives in Courtland and I would think it would be rather easy for LE to see if he had an iron clad alibi for the night in question. Somehow I never suspected the ex. I think the murderer and/or co-conspirators live right in Courtland or at least in that county.

Thanks for posting this article. In it, it says that JC was a clothing store sales clerk and wanted to go to school to become an accountant. I had been wondering earlier if she had a job. She did. Bless her heart. What a shame.

Yes, she worked at "Goody's" clothing store.:(

Do we know how many fire fatalities this chief and his volunteers have worked? How many involved automobiles? They were all rather traumatized which is understandable when the victim is essentially a kid and one whom you know personally.
JMO

Sorry for 2006 data, but that's what I've found so far. Fire professionals & volunteers, where are you w newer info???

"Courtland, MS & fires reported, per 2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
In skimming yr-2006 rpts, I saw ---
- many grass & brush fires
- several vehicle overheating fires
- a few fireworks fires
- only one involving death.
Of course, since 2006, there may have bn more fires deaths in Courtland. IDK.
BTW, FDs other than Courtland VFDs respond to Courtland area fires too. Not solely Courtland VPD.

If Chief of FD is only 22 y/o, he likely would not have worked this 2006 fire w. death.
Maybe a knowledgeable, experienced member of VFD observed more and commented to Chief, who repeated same?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire Department: Courtland VFD, 356 Main, Courtland, MS 38620, Phone: (662) 563-0628, Fax: (662) 563-2387, ID: 54005, Incident #: 6064
Incident Type: Fire in mobile home used as a fixed residence. Includes mobile homes when not in transit and used as a structure for residential purposes; and manufactured homes built on a permanent chassis.
Alarm Time: 05/28/2006 03:35, Arrival Time: 05/28/2006 03:47, Controlled Time: 05/28/2006 04:06, Last Unit Cleared Time: 05/28/2006 06:12
Civilian Deaths: 1, Civilian Injuries: 1, Property Value: $15000, Property Loss: $15000, Contents Value: $7500, Contents Loss: $7500
Actions taken:

• Extinguishment by fire service personnel.
  • Recover body or body parts.
Acres Burned #: < 1
Area of Origin: Laundry area, wash house (laundry), (Asleep)
Structure Type: Fixed portable or mobile structure, Status: In normal use, Stories: 1 Above, Length: 70, Width: 14
Civilian Casualties:

• Age: 48, Gender: Male, Ethnicity: Hispanic, Severity: Death, Factors Contributing: Exits blocked by flame
  • Age: 46, Gender: Male, Ethnicity: Hispanic, Severity: Moderate

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/fire/fire-Courtland-Mississippi.html#ixzz3M7KX6NEB
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(redded- by me)

Loads of info collected on each FD call.

Thanks for posting this article. In it, it says that JC was a clothing store sales clerk and wanted to go to school to become an accountant. I had been wondering earlier if she had a job. She did. Bless her heart. What a shame.
I remember reading she had worked at the store named "Goody's" since October 14'. I think we have those in St. Louis, but I have never been to one so I'm not positive what they sell.
Sorry Ocean Blue Eyes, You beat me to it!

Not sure if this scenario had been discussed. Long day.

Jessica gets a call at home. An Ex-boyfriend wants to talk, maybe patch things up. JC agrees to meet, tells her mom a few places she's going to go in order to buy time enough to go meet said person, and leaves the house. She heads to the gas station, gasses up and buys a pack of smokes. Maybe mom is at home getting a bit suspicious as to where JC may really be going. Perhaps they bicker on the phone for 15-20 minutes and JC manages to convince her mom she's heading into town to get some food and clean her car out.

JC meets whomever at the designated spot on Herron Rd. She in her car, he in his. Parked side by side. (Perhaps evidence of another car there led them to believe Jessica was not alone). JC remains in her car and guy gets in her car. Slides the seat back, reclines it. Maybe things are going well at first. Talking, maybe even on the verge of making up. Then, something goes wrong. He gets angry, she gets scared. She tries to use her phone to call for help and he rips the battery out and throws it out of the window. Maybe he hits her(gash on head?), knocks her out. Maybe he thinks he's killed her or maybe he is so angry he doesn't care. she doesn't want to get back with him and he's really irate and he gets out of her car while she's unconscious and grabs a gas can from his trunk and lights the car on fire with her in it. He takes off, leaving her for dead and she comes to, stumbles out of the car on fire.

Just speculation on my part and may have 1000 holes in it. None of it is anything but my opinion.

Then maybe that's just it.

Jessica probably wouldn't want to be driving south on that road farther into the country. But someone who wanted to do her harm + get away with it sure might.

she bought $5 in gas each day says the gas station attendant, but bought $14 the night she died. how far can you get? here gas it just under $3 per gallon. so that's not even 5 gallons (100 miles approx depending on car/MPG) to "go somewhere" - as she told the station attendant she was doing - and back. her daily route must have been less than 20 miles and she must have been paid cash daily if she had to buy it day-to-day instead of once or twice a week? did her job pay her under the table?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goody's_(store)

Then maybe that's just it.

Jessica probably wouldn't want to be driving south on that road farther into the country. But someone who wanted to do her harm + get away with it sure might.

That's what I am thinking. I don't think Jessica was driving. I think she had been hit in the head elsewhere and driven by her murderer to where she and her vehicle was burned. I even think he/they went up the incline with her car and put the car in park and then put the emergency brake on so the car wouldn't roll back down the incline.

imo

Zool, Thanks for the google maps. I took the drive, wow that was fun. So I got to the crime scene luckily, and now I have a question. It looks to me that the car was left on the south side of the road. As the road looks to be going in the direction of northeast to southwest. (At least for this section of the road) So according to pictures (correct me if I'm wrong) it looks as if she was coming from the southwest. (the more country area.) So I'm wondering, is it possible she was actually coming from the other direction(the gas station), but made a sharp left turn to throw off LE? (This is assuming she wasn't driving or possibly being forced to turn there.)

Actually I prefer to understand the position of her car based upon the fences. If you are looking at a green steel fence (also split rail wood) that has a big, white sign behind it and a single orange warning, you are looking at ROWSEY's property. The car was NOT there. It was in the pullover section across Main (Herron) at the long, green gate with the double orange warnings. When I say north, I think of the M&M location. When I say south, I think of the area at the Y-intersection. HTH

So according to pictures (correct me if I'm wrong) it looks as if she was coming from the southwest. (the more country area.) So I'm wondering, is it possible she was actually coming from the other direction(the gas station), but made a sharp left (I believe you mean "right") turn to throw off LE? (This is assuming she wasn't driving or possibly being forced to turn there

I don't know what pictures you're looking at that would make it appear as if "she was coming from the southwest". All I know is that she left the M&M at 06:32pm, and that her car was found on fire at 8:13pm at the long, green, fence with the double orange warnings. In order for the car to get there, it had to be driven for approximately 8-12 mins "heading south from M&M".

There are still approximately 80-minutes left in the timeline unaccounted for so anything is possible.

she bought $5 in gas each day says the gas station attendant, but bought $14 the night she died. how far can you get? here gas it just under $3 per gallon. so that's not even 5 gallons (100 miles approx depending on car/MPG) to "go somewhere" - as she told the station attendant she was doing - and back. her daily route must have been less than 20 miles and she must have been paid cash daily if she had to buy it day-to-day instead of once or twice a week? did her job pay her under the table?
I remember seeing pictures of the gas station, and I think gas was between 2.30 and 2.50 something. Gas is 2.00 here in St. Louis (in some parts!) We have some of the cheapest gas in the country!
So lets say 2.50 a gallon. That is a little less than 6 gallons. I think those cars get close to 30mpg. 30 times 6 = 180 miles. That is some distance!!! Of course it is probably off a bit, so say 150 Miles. Plus we don't know how much fuel was already in her car.

I remember reading she had worked at the store named "Goody's" since October 14'. I think we have those in St. Louis, but I have never been to one so I'm not positive what they sell.
Sorry Ocean Blue Eyes, You beat me to it!

:)

We had a Goody's here and I loved that store. They really had nice clothes for the entire family and they ran great sales all the time too.

They closed down here due to their lease being due and the owner had gone up to a ridiculous price each year. They really do have very nice stores. I think they are a national chain if I am not mistaken.

IMO

That's what I am thinking. I don't think Jessica was driving. I think she had been hit in the head elsewhere and driven by her murderer to where she and her vehicle was burned. I even think he/they went up the incline with her car and put the car in park and then put the emergency brake on so the car wouldn't roll back down the incline.

imo

Good thinking here! And it may very well account for those seats being reclined as far as they were. I can't see many women reclining their seat back like that to drive, but my stepfather drove like that! Drove me nuts! And it may explain why passenger seat was reclined back. If she was knocked out, may have been easier to transport her if she was reclined. Perhaps she was found outside of passenger door, which is how LE knew she wasn't alone
Whoever drove up that embankment wouldn't have cared about damaging the underside of her car because they were going to set it on fire anyway. Their main concern would have been time. Get with the task at hand and hotfoot it out of there.

"Investigators follow new lead in Jessica Chambers murder case"

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...llow-new-lead-in-jessica-chambers-murder-case

the news appears to be that they went to the house of the old boyfriend that was discussed here already, and they will talk to someone who heard something strange that night (that she died).

not sure how much hope i have that anything of great interest will be in the report.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...llow-new-lead-in-jessica-chambers-murder-case

the news appears to be that they went to the house of the old boyfriend that was discussed here already, and they will talk to someone who heard something strange that night (that she died).

not sure how much hope i have that anything of great interest will be in the report.

Investigators visited the parents' home of someone Chambers dated in high school looking for answers.

At 10 p.m., Janice Broach will have that information, and you'll hear from a man who heard something strange the night Chambers was discovered on fire next to her burning car.

wonder what that is about. I hope some locals listen and fill us in later. :wink:

Good thinking here! And it may very well account for those seats to be reclined back as far as they were. I can't see many women reclining their seat back like that to drive, but my stepfather drove like that! Drove me nuts! And it may explain why passenger seat was reclined back. If she was knocked out, may have been easier to transport her if she was reclined. Perhaps she was found outside of passenger door, which is how LE knew she wasn't alone
Whoever drove up that embankment wouldn't have cared about damaging the underside of her car because they were going to set it on fire anyway. Their main concern would have been time. Get with the task at hand and hotfoot it out of there.

BBM :) Great points! I agree that time was a factor or they would have smashed the phone instead of dismantle and chuck it.

If it was someone she knew, we can assume she must have been in contact with them by phone at some point that night which helps the investigation. If this were a stranger he would have had most likely attacked her somewhere else in order to get into the car and drive, so there would be an additional crime scene.

I do think it is more likely that this is personal and a known attacker to JC but either way I'd be surprised if there was only once crime scene.

A thought about the phone - you could conclude there was a struggle before the fire, maybe even outside of the car, because if there was a fire wouldn't the attacker throw the phone in it to destroy it not off to the side? I guess this all depends on exactly where/in what proximity it was found to the car.

Is it the ex-boyfriend who now lives in Waterloo, Iowa? I thought they already cleared him?

How could the perp or perps have been sure a car wouldn't come along and notice their activity/their cars blocking the road?

Could the road have been blocked off by someone to keep traffic away for a specific amount of time?

I have some not so pleasant discussion about some of what a burning victim suffers during immolation in this post, if graphic discussion of what may have happened to Jessica disturbs you, skip my post.

We aren't going to see anything further on the autopsy reports until they have a suspect in custody.

I will agree in part with what you said. Initially the story was embellished, exagerrated, and enhanced as it first came out. Just look at the nature of the crime itself though, it's sensational (only in the strictest application of the word) and unbelievable.

Look at what we've heard and what applies and what doesn't.

Initially Jessica's father tells the MSM "They squirted lighter fluid in her nose and mouth". Later somewhat corroborated by Ali Alsani somewhat as he relates that the sheriff told him "they poured gas in her mouth."

This one is going to be hard to prove or disprove depending on the amount of damage done internally, and that was intentional. Whether the act was symbolic, or destructive in nature. When you're engulfed in flames, it doesn't matter if it's chemical in nature or not. You are going to have damage to the respiratory system. Fire pulls oxygen from wherever it is. It will follow it into your lungs, it will follow it into your stomach. If Jessica were forced to imbibe an accelerant it would burn inside as well and would definitely do colossal damage. The type of accelerant would dictate the amount of damage and residual matter. If gasoline were used, considering it's flashpoint is a volatile substance, that in mind the damage gasoline would cause would be more devastating. IMNSHO if Jessica had been forced to imbibe petrol, she wouldn't have lived as long as she did, nor would she have had a diaphragm to speak with. Considering lighter fluid as a accelerant, (I'm guessing they're saying lighter fluid like we do in my locale, charcoal staring fluid) that would be an adequate accelerant to start the fire on and in Jessica. Finally the point of this paragraph, she is going to have inhaled accelerant either way. Either in ignited state, or if it were introduced nasal/oral. The concentration of combustible residue will be the telling factor.

Next, was Jessica walking or found prone. Here's what we know, Jessica's father reported to MSM, she had burns over 98% of her body. The only unburnt part of her were the soles of her feet. I know from experience (I was a not so smart teenager) that shoes burn off almost as quickly as clothing, and that if you catch sneakers on fire, you will suffer some serious burns on the soles of your feet. If Jessica were not on her feet when or soon after the blaze began, the soles of her feet would be burned as well I guarantee it. We only have the statement from the Fire chief leaving her prone, next to the car. Which is completely contradictory to other statements with regard to the state of her feet. Why would he lie, he may not have seen her standing or walking, or she had some super durable boots/shoes on, or this is what he was told to say, or he's complicit.

Did Jessica speak? I think she did. This girl suffered hell on earth. I've suffered some bad burns in my day, but nothing like hers and I know the pain that accompanies them. I only hope hers were severe enough to extinguish the nerves with them. I believe her dying work was to try to expose who did this to her. I am however concerned that if the internal damage was so great that she couldn't effectively do so, either as a result of shock and her coherence, or catastrophic damage to the esophageal tract or the larynx.

What I'm trying to say is, don't dismiss something because it seems incredible. First and foremost, the human instinct to survive is incredible. How long did Jessica linger before her body just couldn't fight anymore. Next, that people could execute this child, the way they did, the way they made her suffer is unfathomable to me. Unbelievable, but, they did it.

Glad we're kind of on the same page. I can only get here in the evenings to post and there are about 10 pages of threads ahead of me to read. I haven't heard any breaking news stories in the media so I assume no major developments have been made. I appreciate your thoughtful reply and I too am just trying to understand how something so horrible could happen. I agree with you that the intentional murder of such a cute young gal is impossible to fathom; it were accidental, it is more palatable. But I keep going back to the evidence and the timeline. Not the timeline of where she was all night but the timeline of the car going up in flames and the first responders arriving. It was lucky the whole scene was seen so quickly and reported. Was someone lurking up on the hill watching, out of breath, holding an empty container of accelerant and getting away just in time? It just doesn't make sense to me. But goodness, in all fairness, stranger things have happened.

I just went back and refreshed my memory of something I read years ago - Flight 529, a commuter plane that went down in 1995. There was a woman on board who had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 92% of her body who ultimately survived. There were also others on the plane who were very badly burned (some of whom later died) who were conscious and communicating in the aftermath - so it is possible. (There's a lot of information about that crash on the net if anyone wants to read it, but be warned, some of the descriptions are graphic.)

If I also may add, as a paramedic i can assure you it is possible for someone to speak with their body having 3rd degree burns at 98%. Just because she had 3rd degree burns does not mean her body was charred completely if thats what some of you envisioned. Its very possible she could still have been on fire when they arrived but its hard to have an exact answer bc we havent been given a true scenario from the time fd/1st responders arrived on scene. In my opinion, vital signs would help me answer all of that for you. There are 3 stages of shock /some say 4, but the burns to her had to of just occurred and shock had just begun because given the significance of the portion of her that was burned and her body size.. she would of gone into shock fairly quickly (you can still talk) & blood pressure rises etc.. but also you would have started to decompensate rather quickly after that. So , yes, she could have spoken. Just because it appeared she had accelerant in her throat, it would have caused chemical burns, not saying smoke inhalation wouldnt be an issue, but im saying.. someone was close-this had just happened to her or either the fire started and she was dazed and fell out of the car trying to get out and was burning.. i dunno. I guess I feel like whoever did this had just left that scene. It doesnt take something on fire with enough accelerant, whatever kind, to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman