MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you SStar, that has been driving me nuts since page 19 of this thread. AA said around 11 the police came and got the tape. The News is saying a few days later they requested the tape and they turned it over to the police. Which is it? Who gave it to whom, and when? And if it was the news giving it to the police days later, why wasn't this tape put into evidence that night? I remain respectfully confused by this. Perhaps there are several tapes to be handed out...I have no clue but dang this is bothering the heck out of me.

The spot, the selection of that place to burn Jessica Chambers, it seems so much to me like a choice made based on knowledge of the lay of the land, the traffic patterns and how to get away from there without being noticed. A local would have a better idea on how the roads run at that time. Would a complete stranger, an itinerant know that spot that well, how would it be a first choice to do such a horrible thing?

e View Post
Originally Posted by LayzeeDayzee View Post

Another question, pls.................does anyone else find it a bit strange that JC's car was towed from the burn site so quickly? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have left it there until the next day, tape it off as a crime scene, have officers guard it until the daylight that next day where they could properly assess the scene for evidence, foot prints, etc.............versus having a tow truck driver in there in the dark? Maybe they do things differently in tiny towns but where I'm from, they'd have never moved it at night in the dark. They would have done what I described above.....and then gone back the next day (or once daylight) and really done a good thorough assessment of the overall scene.........position of vehicle in relation to tire tracks, footprints, look for any evidence (shoes, cig butts, booze bottles, rags, etc etc) around the scene, maybe tossed into the brush, etc? Was there any LE guarding that site overnight to ensure that nobody came onsight to remove any possible evidence?

so true. it should have been left and examined as a crime scene. they even leave bodies at crime scenes for gruesomely long periods of time nowadays to process evidence. the car for sure should have been kept there for days at least.

This made me very suspicious, too. In California, when there is a potentially/ fatal crash, they shut the road for HOURS. Lots of re-creating the accident, marking tire spots, photos, etc.
I don't see how they could've gotten all the investigative people on the scene so quickly, done a proper investigation In The Dark, and had that car towed in 2 hours.

I did some searching on accident investigation procedures. Couldn't find a Mississippi guide, but other states are online. I don't think Panola county ever saw one of these guides.
They all say to Secure the Scene & Tow the Car Directly to the impound lot.
None mentions stopping for gas or smokes ;)

http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/police/assets/File/Procedures/12230.pdf (See 5a)
Texas' guide was pretty informative, too
http://www.co.wise.tx.us/constable/downloads/traffic accident investigation.pdf

For those of you interested in tire tracks, here is more than I ever needed to know, from the AZ training academy
http://bussafety.fta.dot.gov/uploads/resource/2968_filename

Thank you SStar, that has been driving me nuts since page 19 of this thread. AA said around 11 the police came and got the tape. The News is saying a few days later they requested the tape and they turned it over to the police. Which is it? Who gave it to whom, and when? And if it was the news giving it to the police days later, why wasn't this tape put into evidence that night? I remain respectfully confused by this. Perhaps there are several tapes to be handed out...I have no clue but dang this is bothering the heck out of me.

Yup, I wonder who is lying????

I think the MSM bend the news to their agenda and therefore are pretty much FOS and unreliable. However regarding the turning over the tape story, I do believe them over Ali:) Hopefully the police noticed that part of his story.

it sounds like JC"s mom was talking to her in the hospital. there would have been plenty of time for JC to tell her mom who did it. the fact that she told a first responder, surely her mom and possibly hospital staff and there have been no arrests makes it likely there is a cover up or at least not enough evidence to arrest. and maybe there is intentionally not enough evidence to arrest. who was it they had in custody for 48 hours immediately after her death?

her mom has spoken several times to the media and made no mention of jessica speaking, her aunt was there also and same for her. i think it would be reasonable to think that they would have mentioned it and also reasonable to think that by the time they got to the hospital that jessica was no longer speaking.

I really think the important thing is not the "missing" video, but the fact that JC was "going somewhere" farther away than usual, and that she didn't tell her mom but mentioned it to AA in general.
Why was she leaving?
Where was she going?
Why that night?
Why not tell her mom?
Why did she buy $5 of gas in cash every day? (I never have cash on me anymore).

I really think the important thing is not the "missing" video, but the fact that JC was "going somewhere" farther away than usual, and that she didn't tell her mom but mentioned it to AA in general.
Why was she leaving?
Where was she going?
Why that night?
Why not tell her mom?

How do we know AA was telling the truth?

How do we know AA was telling the truth?

I considered that. I suppose it's been checked out by police but if he was lying they wouldn't announce it. but why would he say that? esp if it wasn't true.

Have any of you listened to a scanner when paramedics have a call with a very badly burned patient? I have. First they try to administer morphine via a vein. Usually very difficult to find one if victim is badly burned all over her body. Then I think they usually need to try to intubate. JMO - That's when the burns in her mouth and and throat were likely initially remarked upon - at the scene - and overheard by someone who I suspect informed her family.

I don't remember most of the rest of what they did. I was listening to my best friend's father try to keep a badly burned man alive long enough for him to be life-flighted to a trauma center. He got really choked up. I did, too.
We have protocols and it depends on the patient and their present situation on how you treat and in what order. Sometimes veins are the easiest bc they are already exposed in a burn pt. But as you said it does depend how burnt and where on the body they are burnt. We dont push alot of meds that decrease your respiratory drive unless we can control your respirations. However we have narcan, so we can reverse narcs.. but it depends on where you live, what equipment you have, and what condition a person is in. My point is not to say anything is right or wrong but simply to let you know..every call is different , its based on pt condition..etc.

I believe AA states:
“By the time it came to eleven, the police, the sheriff, and everybody come to the store. They said, ‘we got to watch the camera.’ I said, ‘what happened?’ He said, ‘Jessica just died.’ I’m like, ‘Oh my god what happened?’ He said they poured gasoline into her mouth, that’s how I know, cause the sheriff told me.”

see http://www.newsms.fm/anonymous-others-dig-clues-jessica-chambers-case-social-media-gas-station-owner-responds-accusations/

"...we got to watch the camera"

Is there any truth to her having any connection with the Hughes Case?

<Quote respectfully sniped for Focus>

Originally Posted by absentia View Post
is the FBI investigating common when the crime has not crossed state lines?

Absentia, the FBI has relaxed there requirements and expanded their services of providing investigative resources and assistance to state and local law enforcement agencies in the US when requested. Seems JC's tragic murder would qualify for federal assistance to PCSO for many reasons, imo..

FBI - What we Investigate
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/what_we_investigate

Spies. Terrorists. Hackers. Pedophiles. Mobsters. Gang leaders. Human Trafficking, and serial killers. We investigate them all, and many more besides.
<Sniped - Read More>

FBI - Pathways for Investigation
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...ses/serial-murder-pathways-for-investigations

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder
FBI&#8217;s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime<NCAVC>

The resources of the FBI BAU-2 are focused on serial, mass, and other murders; sexual assaults; kidnappings; and other criminal acts targeting adult victims. BAU-2 staff members have developed significant expertise on the subject of serial murder and regularly provide operational assistance, conduct research, and provide training on issues related to serial murder.

There has been at least one attempt to formalize a definition of serial murder through legislation. In 1998, a federal law was passed by the United States Congress, titled: Protection of Children from Sexual Predator Act of 1998 (Title 18, United States Code, Chapter 51, and Section 1111). This law includes a definition of serial killings:

The term &#8216;serial killings&#8217; means a series of three or more killings, not less than one of which was committed within the United States, having common characteristics such as to suggest the reasonable possibility that the crimes were committed by the same actor or actors.

Although the federal law provides a definition of serial murder, it is limited in its application. The purpose of this definition was to set forth criteria establishing when the FBI could assist local law enforcement agencies with their investigation of serial murder cases.

The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

&#8226; one or more offenders
&#8226; two or more murdered victims
&#8226; incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
&#8226; the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

Jessica Chambers&#8217; mother has &#8220;full faith&#8221; in investigators
POSTED 11:50 AM, DECEMBER 16, 2014, BY GEORGE BROWN, UPDATED AT 02:42PM, DECEMBER 16, 2014
Caitlin Alexander reports on Dec 16, '14 w/video from this evening at the scene, and that Jessica Chambers mom tells people to hush up in so many words, she trust the investigator, and "For each and everyone of them, it starts with a nineteen year old girl on fire..." and to call Crime Stoppers.

her mom didn't know she smoked or had any boyfriends either. sadly, I think it's a case of parental denial, thinking the daughter has to be a perfect prude to be valuable and it backfired. if JC lived in a DV or homeless shelter before the age of 19, there were patterns of relationship problems (stemming from family of origin) for a long time before now. so, mom not wanting to hear things about her daughter that aren't what she considers to be perfect is what is ineffective, IMO.

im watching and waiting and running out of air holding my breath. LE must hv perps pn horizon. wtf is taking so long for arrests??? i truly cant stop thinkimg or her, her family...and these hateful ppl who would commit such a henious act. i nd the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0