MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I think I know which facial expressions people are keying on here, but I don't see them as smirks, and I certainly don't think that they are indicators of culpability or knowledge of the crime at all.

I have noticed a tendency for some people to impute all sorts of emotional states to the expressions of those they suspect (often suggesting that they are smug, are smirking, etc.), and while I have a lot of training and experience in reading expressions, I very rarely agree.

Entirely possible, sure. But I would encourage you (and anyone else who has any doubt) to go back to the link Matic shared and focus on 0:50-0:53 - Ms. Tutor looks to Mr. Mister, then looks down, smiles, audibly makes a noise, and looks back in the direction of the interviewer.

The noise she makes there is one I've made on occasion when I'm thinking, "haaah" or "that's funny" or "pfff, right."

I must be viewing a different video because I don't see the smirking and the smiling, the eye contact, and the furtive glances that others have observed.

JMO

With regard to the mannerisms + behavior of those questioned...we don't know for certain, but if any of these individuals are on drugs or are recovering drug addicts, etc. or have any substance abuse issues - that will undoubtedly have an impact on their mood and interactions with others. Just something to keep in mind.

I question just how lucid some of the interviewees are, not just as a "maybe they could be on drugs" angle, but that emotions are running high as well in that community in response to Jessica's death.

Any oddness in the mannerisms in the video I chalked up to possible drug use, present or past. It messes with you, man!

Thank you! I must have overlooked that while reading.

I can't imagine he'd be found not guilty, with all of those charges and the victim alive and well to testify. If Mr. Mister may be going away for a long time, that actually makes him more suspect to me. While I doubt he wants to add murder to his list of crimes, it does seem like he'd have almost nothing to lose in committing another crime -- that is, if he knows he's probably going away for a very long time.
:jail:

especially is JC was going to out more criminal info about him that would increase his sentence.

I agree. Good catch with the interview.

agree as well. he could have said, "maybe there's a psycho out there" or "I hope her crazy ex didn't do this". but he indicated that this would happen bc she was in trouble that got her killed.
R/D Tudor is definitely laughing about something, specifically when they are asked how they knew her. it is a knowing laughter, as if they knew her in a way most others didn't.

LOL We just call them coke. All of them. Person 1: "What kind of coke would you like?" Person 2: "Dr Pepper"

Around my neck 'o the woods, at least half of the time I tell the waitress I'll have a Coke, she'll reply, "Pepsi do?" I suppose that is short-order speak for, "will a Pepsi do?" I'm thinking that if someone where an entrepreneur type, they would come up with a soda called "Pepsi Dew".

re: the whole "lover's quarrel" thing

well first of all i should say this, jsut like many others i dont like that little smirk by denise tutor when mister is asked how he knew jessica, it isnt proof of anything but it is very notable

but anyway to the lovers quarrel comment - it is not mister and tutor saying that there was one, it is them saying that that is the approach police took with them "was this some kind of lover's quarrel? just a simple argument that maybe got out of hand?"...

seems clear to me that this is the context of their remarks in that interview.

could the police have good reason to suspect taht and ask about it? sure. absolutely.

Exactly. That's why I think that Rachel/Denise must have sent a text to Jessica saying something like "stay away from my man" or something like that - even if Jessica had no interest....maybe Miss Tutor thought Mister had googly eyes for Jessica.

I found an article about this case that I think will be of interest to everyone, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link. (because of content) Could someone please tell me how to contact the administrator so they can approve or not approve the link? I'm old and can't figure out how to contact them. :-(

I found an article about this case that I think will be of interest to everyone, but I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link. (because of content) Could someone please tell me how to contact the administrator so they can approve or not approve the link? I'm old and can't figure out how to contact them. :-(

See the little black triangle in the lower left corner of your post? Click on that and an empty box will appear. You can write your question in that box and it will go to the mods as an alert.
oh, and :welcome: to WS.

I must be viewing a different video because I don't see the smirking and the smiling, the eye contact, and the furtive glances that others have observed.

JMO

If it's the same video I watched, Mr. Mister and the young lady in the red hooded sweatshirt, watch her just as the reporter is asking how he knows Jessica. Watch her face when he says, "We're good friends." That's what everyone is talking about.

In the Mister and Tutor interview, when Mister and Tutor are asked how they know Jessica, Mister kind of smiles and says "she's a good friend". Watch the video and now pay attention to Tutor when Mister answers. Tutor really smiles like there is way more to the story than good friend. Then later Misters says, "they are saying I" and Tutor interrupts and says "it was a lover's quarrel". Is Mister a boyfriend? We know Tutor and JC got into a fight/argument the week before.
I know I can't post FB posts or info, so if you get a chance, look up some of these characters and read for yourself. If you have not done it, you will be blown away. Its completely unbelievable. Poor JC! Didn't have a chance. <modsnip>

BBM We do?

Exactly. That's why I think that Rachel/Denise must have sent a text to Jessica saying something like "stay away from my man" or something like that - even if Jessica had no interest....maybe Miss Tutor thought Mister had googly eyes for Jessica.

Thats exactly what I was trying to say earlier my phone was being a comment goblin and eating up my sentences. You've hit the nail on the head with my thoughts on that. Glad I'm not the only who thinks that could be the case.

Same here. I think I know which facial expressions people are keying on here, but I don't see them as smirks, and I certainly don't think that they are indicators of culpability or knowledge of the crime at all.

I have noticed a tendency for some people to impute all sorts of emotional states to the expressions of those they suspect (often suggesting that they are smug, are smirking, etc.), and while I have a lot of training and experience in reading expressions, I very rarely agree.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't believe the look she gives is that of culpability to this crime itself.

All you have to do is listen to what he's saying and at the precise moment he says they were good friends she give a complete 'HA' type scoff to indicate that she knows better.

Her look is a reaction to his statement. It is quite clear.

She herself in the video says they had their disagreements and ups and downs. So she has already admitted on camera that they were not the best of friends.

For me, the look and the smile is so obviously a scoff that when you pair it with the question at hand and the gravity of the situation, it's hard not to read it that way.

It's just so obvious.

The scoff is in reaction to Mister stating that JC and he were good friends. Kinda like she meant "Yeah, right...." in a sarcastic way. JMO

The scoff is in reaction to Mister stating that JC and he were good friends. Kinda like she meant "Yeah, right...." in a sarcastic way. JMO

Exactly. I don't think it's any more than that either. It's just that the look is in direct contradiction to what he is saying.
P.S. I really like your avatar painting.

Very true, mostly to confirm whatever bias. The words though they both use, that's what's of note to me. Lovers' quarrel. Could it be LE is going down that line irrespective of these two, but in general. Like other lines of inquiry, it's the already interviewed that have come forward with something to say publicly, all with some trepidation, disbelief at the act, defense of their involvement, and their connection to Jessica Chambers, as they see it, pretty much. Well, all but the gas canister guy and his ride, the woman who asked for another brand of cigs. Did they have a past with her that they've mentioned in MSM?

Thats exactly what I was trying to say earlier my phone was being a comment goblin and eating up my sentences. You've hit the nail on the head with my thoughts on that. Glad I'm not the only who thinks that could be the case.

Why does everyone assume that Mister is Rachel's "man" I just don't see it that way. I tend to think that Rachel is afraid of Mister. JMO

Why does everyone assume that Mister is Rachel's "man" I just don't see it that way. I tend to think that Rachel is afraid of Mister. JMO

I found the pairing odd too, he's at very least 15 years older than she is, they don't look like a couple to me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem