MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy new year to you too.

What if it was somebody who doesn't live there any more but still visits sometimes? Somebody who would be expected to leave and maybe not even noticed?

I don't know whether that description fits any of the people in this case, but your comment made the thought jump into my mind.

Interesting thought. If it was closer to the holidays, it would be normal for people to come and go for family parties. But December 6 seems early for that. There was, however, a motorcross event in Batesville that night. Perhaps someone returned to town for that?

http://www.arenacrosstour.com/venues.html

The article that mentioned revenge crimes being based on something that festers over time makes me wonder. It's possible someone was jealous of JC (she was a cheerleader, for instance) or maybe had unreturned feelings for her or something. I think it's a stretch, but if said person was also a psychopath, who knows?

Interesting thought. If it was closer to the holidays, it would be normal for people to come and go for family parties. But December 6 seems early for that. There was, however, a motorcross event in Batesville that night. Perhaps someone returned to town for that?

http://www.arenacrosstour.com/venues.html

The article that mentioned revenge crimes being based on something that festers over time makes me wonder. It's possible someone was jealous of JC (she was a cheerleader, for instance) or maybe had unreturned feelings for her or something. I think it's a stretch, but if said person was also a psychopath, who knows?
This is my theory. I also think lighter fluid (for a grill) was used - jc parks the car and someone started dousing her with the fluid - she then exited the car and the perp got out as well and lit her on fire. Then turned around and lit the car on fire and left.

I think they haven't found the right person bc they are looking in the wrong places IMOO. i really would be checking out females ... especially girlfriends and ex's of her most past, current, and future guys in her life (including aunt sha-sha and the eye roller). All my opinion only of course!

Ps ... i lay my seats down and scoot them back n forth when i vacuum my car...

Since the beginning i have thought this to be a case of jealousy (for unknown reasons) and a female perp. Jmo ... but here are some interesting arson facts from
http://www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect04a.htm

The SIX MAIN TYPES ACCORDING TO THE FBI CLASSIFICATION MANUAL:

ARSON FOR REVENGE (41%) - precipitating factor is a real or imagined affront that occured months or years ago; attack is focused on individual rivals, a business chain, schools, or some facilities connected with offender
ARSON FOR EXCITEMENT (30%) - precipitating factor is boredom, (sexual) thrill cycle, or need for attention; attack is focused on large or outdoor targets, like parks, construction sites, arenas, as well as residential areas
ARSON FOR VANDALISM (7%) - precipitating factor is family disturbance or peer pressure; attack if usually focused on educational facility as well as residences and outdoors
ARSON FOR PROFIT (5%) - precipitating factor is a recent financial loss which triggers an urge to cheat the insurance company, recoup a bad investment, or dispose of some depreciated assets
ARSON FOR CRIME CONCEALMENT (10%) - precipitating factor is a desire to cover up some other criminal activity, such as auto theft or murder
ARSON FOR EXTREMISM (7%) - precipitating factor is to further a social, political, or religious cause, or to burn down buildings associated with specific races or religions

Adult arson is usually a product of vanity or egocentricity (Orr 1989). When the perpetrator is male, the motivation is more cold-blooded or instrumental; and when the perpetrator is female, the motivation is more hot-blooded, emotional, or affective (Gannon 2010). Professor James Ogloff, director of the Centre for Forensic Science at Monash University in Australia, says the profile of a typical fire setter is male, late teens/early 20s, unattractive, unmarried, shy, socially isolated, and with lower intelligence. About a third of perpetrators have co-morbid psychiatric conditions including schizophrenia, and mood and/or personality disorders (usually narcissism). About half have prior criminal convictions. One of the more curious clinical characteristics is the apparent lack of motive (typically reserved for the so-called pyromaniac). No arsonist shows remorse, but only the pyromaniac lacks conscious motivation although they are fully aware of the acts they are committing. It's as if their mind "blocks off" or conceals short-term memory of whatever rational thought they put into their devious plans. For this reason, clinicians often characterize the motivation as a combination of pathological and non-pathological.

Thank you for this useful info. It's good to know and to consider.

It could simply just be due to layering clothing.

I'm slim but there's times during colder weather with layered clothing, you'd swear I was much heavier.

Moo

Yes. The colder weather around 6:30pm that night certainly questions Lynnsey Fowler's decision to be crappie fishing at Enid Lake at that time of night. A number of other customers at M&M are similarly clothed. This, of course, is not to say that Lynnsey was at Enid at 6:30pm clothed in heavy garments; it is to suggest that perhaps Lynnsey was on her way home returning from Enid Lake after fishing dusk. If she had been enroute to Enid and back, for example, from 4:30pm to 5:45pm -- and if she lived on Herron Rd -- it is conceivable than her statement (paraphrased here) "I drove by...and if I had seen her car...I would have fought for her..." seems to have some credibility.

If she did not live on Herron Rd, what was she doing driving that road around that time of night?

Just to throw this out there - lighter fluid squirts like crazy - you can empty a whole bottle really quick!

Happy new year, everyone!! :)

Had to go back over the last couple days of posts and catch up. You guys are relentless little bulldogs on this case + it's excellent! Even things that we all aren't in agreement on - it's just awesome to see how so many angles and scenarios are thoroughly examined.

Not sure where to start but I'm just picking back up + the most compelling thing I am contemplating tonight is revisiting the profile of who may have done this... I'm holding off on writing my best guess ideas at this point, but I believe the following:

1) The culprit(s) has/have already been questioned by LE. That is, if one person did this, that person has been questioned already...and if more than one person did this, at least one of them has already been questioned.
2) Jessica knew the person(s).
3) There was some degree of pre-meditation based on the use of accelerant. I don't know how precisely planned this was, but some forethought was given.
4) Whether anyone involved was a psychopath is not beyond reason, but I also would add that anyone involved may have been a long-term, habitual drug user...that can also really affect and even kill personality, and it's horrifying - that individual's sense of basic human empathy could be as damaged as that of someone with psychopathic tendencies.
5) I would be surprised if more than two people were directly involved in carrying this out.
6) He/she/they are still around, in town, etc. Sudden absence or fleeing the town would be suspicious. But then, this person/these people don't expect to be caught for this.

I keep going back to your post, so thanks for thinking this through.

I think a female is the right direction to head in as well. I appreciate all of the work and discussion being done here...I will sit back and continue to read. I am afraid I can only take this story in small pieces...it is heartrending.

Sorry for all these quick replies ... but (lol) ... i also have pulled over and thrown my seats back to look for something i lay while driving - cd, lighter. Maybe she was already pulled off searching for something (possibly while waiting for someone).

In an earlier thread, the fact that JC was arrested twice (2013 and early 2014) for "simple assault", was mentioned. This info can be found in The Panolian, the local newspaper for Panola county. Did anyone figure out who she assaulted and why?

I didn't realize the party had been confirmed. Given that information, let's look back at the timeframe. She speaks to mom @ 6:48 for about 20 mins so let's say 7:10 rounding and fire call @ 8:12. That only leaves approximately an hour. If she really attended the party, she didn't attend for long. Why? Who did she leave with? Guessing this is what the locals know but aren't confessing names. Did she get in an argument? Someone get jealous? Maybe she and friend left party to visit privately and went to location explaining parking brake and seats etc but ended up fighting with perp losing his temper and grabbing quick lighter fluid. Maybe what SR really said at m&m is hey we're having a party and BR is there. Why don't you come see him?

Yes. The colder weather around 6:30pm that night certainly questions Lynnsey Fowler's decision to be crappie fishing at Enid Lake at that time of night. A number of other customers at M&M are similarly clothed. This, of course, is not to say that Lynnsey was at Enid at 6:30pm clothed in heavy garments; it is to suggest that perhaps Lynnsey was on her way home returning from Enid Lake after fishing dusk. If she had been enroute to Enid and back, for example, from 4:30pm to 5:45pm -- and if she lived on Herron Rd -- it is conceivable than her statement (paraphrased here) "I drove by...and if I had seen her car...I would have fought for her..." seems to have some credibility.

If she did not live on Herron Rd, what was she doing driving that road around that time of night?

I'm going to need a lot more to be convinced of this:
that somebody who lives on and drives through there, so has reason to pass there all the time;
knows the victim personally through their daily life comings and goings, especially through work at Sonic;
who has, what I see as, sisterly affection for Jessica's aspect (the eyelash comment);
indeed, a sleepover friend of Amanda's, Jessica's sister;
and, there with her own sister, Amber, who was closer to Jessica's age;
with both their kids;
to tell the world who the victim was to them;
and how they want justice for her;
who is clearly in distress of loss and in shock perhaps;
is complicit because they mention they like to fish, seriously?

Am I missing something?

In an earlier thread, the fact that JC was arrested twice (2013 and early 2014) for "simple assault", was mentioned. This info can be found in The Panolian, the local newspaper for Panola county. Did anyone figure out who she assaulted and why?

I have seen those arrests. But the particulars have not been revealed to me yet....

On the other hand, it is interesting to note that Jessica's June 10, 2014 arrest for simple assault was close to the entry period at Leah's House. Her subsequent stay there seems to imply that she remained at Leah's during the minimum 90-day rehabilitation period.

I wonder if Leah's House is somehow associated with a magistrate court order. Perhaps a service provided under the auspices of pre-sentencing and evaluation.

Hmm. That's possible, of course, but I hadn't considered that so specifically. Now that I think of it, though, I'd still expect that person to have relatives or close friends in the area, and I'd expect that person to be a frequent enough visitor that his/her coming + going would be common enough not to raise suspicion. That person would still live somewhat locally (within an hour or so - Memphis isn't out of the question) - but their ties to the community and to Jessica narrows the pool of people enough that he or she wouldn't escape notice when it came to questioning possible witnesses.

Sidenote: This isn't the sort of community people seem to up + leave all that frequently, or at least leave for good. I realize that's a bit of a generalization, but I'm saying this based on my own understanding of the place.

I agree. It also isn't a place where someone just wanders into and stays. Everybody there is somehow connected to everybody else. This wasn't a random crime. Jessica was targeted.

I have seen those arrests. But the particulars have not been revealed to me yet....

On the other hand, it is interesting to note that Jessica's June 10, 2014 arrest for simple assault was close to the entry period at Leah's House. Her subsequent stay there seems to imply that she remained at Leah's during the minimum 90-day rehabilitation period.

I wonder if Leah's House is somehow associated with a magistrate court order. Perhaps a service provided under the auspices of pre-sentencing and evaluation.

When did she begin the stint at Leah's house?

I think there was a post up thread that suggested just that. The assault charge against her stemmed from discord with whom? Is that information available, cause I'm your cro magnon sleuth here (not to insult anyone who has a beef with evolution) and may have missed it? I think somebody burning alive, by human nature, if not pre-human, is meant to say something, whether done by two or more or one.

that somebody who lives on and drives through there, so has reason to pass there all the time;
knows the victim personally through their daily life comings and goings, especially through work at Sonic;
who has, what I see as, sisterly affection for Jessica's aspect (the eyelash comment);
with both their kids;

Am I missing something?

You're missing what she herself said. Something to the effect of "I can't believe I didn't see anything" when she drove down Herron Rd.

That means she drove down the road just prior, during, or just after the event. Just after means emergency crews would've been there==so she would've seen *something,* which means she drove during or just prior. As we've said on here, she's putting herself at the crime scene.

It's a bizarre, out-of-place statement.

This is my theory. I also think lighter fluid (for a grill) was used - jc parks the car and someone started dousing her with the fluid - she then exited the car and the perp got out as well and lit her on fire. Then turned around and lit the car on fire and left.

I think they haven't found the right person bc they are looking in the wrong places IMOO. i really would be checking out females ... especially girlfriends and ex's of her most past, current, and future guys in her life (including aunt sha-sha and the eye roller). All my opinion only of course!

Ps ... i lay my seats down and scoot them back n forth when i vacuum my car...

She did intend to clean the car according to her mom. And there is a car wash next to the railroad tracks on Main Street. Early on, her family said she had been in a battered women's shelter and was finally overcoming abusive past relationships. I agree they should be looking not at the males but at the females tied to those men.

This case has disturbed me from the very beginning, I can't imagine the suffering JC endured. I've been following it in the media since the very beginning, an tbh I am surprised LE has not focused in on a suspect, especially if she managed to give first responders a name/names. Perhaps they are just keeping quiet so as not to compromise the investigation, but the size of the town alone, the number of people they've talked to, and the access to her phone felt like they should have been enough to close this case quickly, or at least focus in on some suspects. That being said, I'm still confident that whoever killed JC will be found, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I really can't come up w. a good theory as to why this happened, but I do feel certain that JC knew her attacker/attackers, that police have probably talked to that person, and that there was premeditation. My gut tells me the most plausible theory (w. the information that LE has released) is that she was killed as some sort of revenge. Pouring accelerant down the throat and up the nose of someone (if that is actually determined to be true...i know LE has said they did not release that information) is pretty sadistic behavior to say the least. If the purpose of starting the fire was to cover up evidence, the killer would have made sure she was dead first... whoever did this clearly wanted her to suffer.

IIRC, the front of the car was more burned than the back. Nothing of the dash, steering wheel, gears, seem un-burned in the front until you get to the passenger seat, which seems to have material left, and objects I can't make out in the pictures, so in terms as an attempt to wipe away evidence, at least one perp may have been in the car front seats.

with both their kids;

Am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing her self-incriminating statement that she can't believe she didn't see her so she could help. It not only places her at the crime scene, it places her at the TIME of the crime and--the day after the murder-- she had no way of knowing what time Jessica arrived at the driveway on Herron Rd. We still don't know that piece of important information because cops haven't released it. We also don't know if the media report that they live nearby is true.

She did intend to clean the car according to her mom. And there is a car wash next to the railroad tracks on Main Street. Early on, her family said she had been in a battered women's shelter and was finally overcoming abusive past relationships. I agree they should be looking not at the males but at the females tied to those men.

I agree; I think the MAIN instigator is a female with the backing of a powerful male in the community---along with a lot of folks not directly involved, but know what happened, know who did it, and know why it happened--but they're just too scared to say anything. I think there were at least TWO people with Jessica in order to ensure Jessica didn't get the upper hand in some sort of altercation: one a female (the one with a real agenda in the situation) and one a muscle man. There might've been more pitted at the scene, but I don't think it was just one perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight